Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Casual Reading (open)

+5
Endymion Snape
Arron Thompson
Artemis Black
Ian Mortinson
David Shuter
9 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Casual Reading (open) - Page 8 Empty Re: Casual Reading (open)

Post by David Shuter Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:00 pm

David answered this one as well "that is true Ian, but no two swords are alike, I doubt if you picked up a random sword right now and swung it at me, you could kill me, odds are you would misjudge distance, or you would be too awkward with it to give me more than a bruse or a small cut. that is why they call it the 'art' of swordplay. because it really is an art, something that only few people possess, doing it properly, at least. and it takes years of practice." he knowledge of swords did not come from martial arts, but from reading books. So he could have been wrong, but it was very unlikely

David Shuter

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Mio smirked at David. "You seem to be quite the bookworm, huh?" he asked him teasingly. "Just make sure you don't turn into a Ravenclaw or something." He chuckled and shook his head. "I don't know what kind of weapon I might prefer, but I guess it depends on the situation. In a full blown battle, you would need others than when you attack someone from a hiding place." he said thoughtfully then turned to the others. "Have you been trained in archery as well? I have done that a few times already, but in a one on one fight it's rather useless."

Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:28 pm

David laughed "its not like I could change houses even if I wanted to. i'm sorry mate, but you are stuck with me" He punched Mio's arm playfully. David then said "Preferred weapon? other than my fists, or a wand? I guess i would have to say sword. Yup, I'm a sword guy" He had little to no training using such a big weapon, but if he was about to run into a battle, and the only weapons at his disposal was a knife, bow, or sword, he would choose sword every time.

He then smirked at Mio's next comment "What do you think the 'Shuter' in my name comes from.. i am descendant of Archers.. which is why it totally baffles me why i can't shoot a bow right.."
David Shuter
David Shuter

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Ian snickered and smirked at David. "Well then we better keep you away from the bows and arrows, shall we?" he said jokingly. "I never held a sword in my hand, but we had arrows and knives at our farm where I grew up, but I never used either of them to fight." Ian admitted. Not that he was ashamed of not being trained in fighting. Growing up with his family, he had always been protected and except the occasional fights with other boys in the neighbourhood, he had always been very peaceful.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Mio clapped Ian on the shoulder and shrugged. "I have never been in a fight either. But I guess I would prefer a sword as well, though not the long and heavy once, but the lighter asian versions." he told the others. That way he would still be quick to move, while having a dangerous weapon at hand. And he could keep it in his left hand, while his right hand held his wand.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Artemis listened to the 'big boys' talk and perked up at the mention of archery. ''I'm a hunter. I live up to my name sake. I'm pretty good when it comes to bows and arrows. Same with crossbows and throwing knives.'' She said before smiling. ''Hunting kind of does that though. Improves your aim and what not...'' She explained before making a mental note to go hunting at some point. ''I've been hundreds of fights..I've learned the quicker the better. That's why i don't use swords that much.'' Artemis told them before pulling herself up onto the ledge to sit on so she can look down at the boys. Her grin was much like a hungry wolf.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Assassin/Psychologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Mio smirked up at Artemis. He could actually imagine her rushing through the forest with a bow slung over her shoulder and the unsuspecting animals ripped out of their life by the Slytherin witch.
He had to admit to being quite impressed with her various talents. "Is there something you're not good at?" he asked jokingly. Then he turned to mock-whisper to the other guys, "We better don't get on her bad side, mates." Angry women were already scary enough, but trained, angry women were really people you didn't want to piss off.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Ian laughed out loud at Mio's remark and smiled up at Artemis. "You really are one of a kind. I bet you can put the fear in quite a lot of people. Especially with that grin." he pointed out and chuckled again. The Slytherin really looked quite scary when she grinned like that, but Ian didn't mind. Better to be scary and come out alive, than be shy and get killed.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:05 pm

David chuckled slightly at Ian's comment "Watch it Mortinson.. or i might just use those weapons on you" he joked, then listened to Artemis show off so more. When Mio fake whispered, David smirked and mock whispered "I think we already are.. shes look at us like bags of meat waiting to be eaten." he then smirked up at her "or is that just me?" he figured he could hold his own against Arty, but did not want to try it out any time soon.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethia Delmar Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Artemis chuckled lightly. ''Yes...I'm not good at playing violin. I'm quite bad despite the fact i play guitar.'' She admitted with a playful smile. Mio's mock whisper caused her to laugh a little louder. All the boys comments caused her grin to grow. ''Oh no...If i wished to eat you, i already would've. I don't like to play with my food.'' She teased. ''And Ian? I can...I've seen fear in many eyes. My father is on the top of that list when i start ganging up on him with my mother.'' She joked.
Lethia Delmar
Lethia Delmar

House : Wolfen

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Ian bit his lip to keep from laughing out loud at the turn the conversation had taken. No matter how interested he was in learning more about weapons and survival techniques, a joke from time to time was needed as well. "I don't think I'd be very tasty, Artemis, so you better eat one of those two if you feel like it." he said grinning, then he laughed out loud, picturing the Slytherin and her mother chasing a terrified man around their house.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethia Delmar Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 am

Artemis smirked and tilted her head. ''Well...Mio does look like the tastier one.'' She winked at Mio before giving Ian a big wild grin. ''I must admit...I think i rather enjoy teasing you boys. It's so easy.'' Her wolfish grin formed again and she toyed with the claws on her gloves.
Lethia Delmar
Lethia Delmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Mio threw his head back and laughed, the sound echoing in the narrow tunnel. "Thanks, Artemis ... I guess." he said and winked at her. He quite enjoyed bantering with the others as well, he hated to be serious all the time and was glad to have others to joke around with.
His gaze fell on her glaws and he wondered again why she had picked these unusual weapons. "You seem to be quite fascinated with wolves..." Mio said slowly. "Why's that?"
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethia Delmar Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Artemis grinned and nodded. ''Wolves are amazing creatures. Right behind my garden at home, there is a massive forest filled with wolves and i always go in. They live in a pack, hunt in a pack, fight in a pack. It's their loyalty that fascinates me the most. Wouldn't you want a loyalty like that?'' She said softly. ''I believe..deep inside of me is a wolf begging to come out. A friend of mine has taken the liberty of calling me 'Wolfe'.'' She told them before narrowing her eyes. ''Call me that and i will not be responsible for my actions.'' Artemis simply smirked.
Lethia Delmar
Lethia Delmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Mio nodded thoughtfully. He had always been fascinated by all kinds of animals, but mostly by felines and canines. They just had a power and pride about them that made them very intiguing for the young Gryffindor. "I completely understand what you mean. Their loyalty is something every human could wish for. But wolf packs also have a strict hierarchy which sometimes appears a bit harsh to us humans, but I think it is actually quite fair and just." he said, remembering what he once read about the animals.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 pm

David listened to their conversation about wolves. he had always been a lion and feline type of boy himself, but was still interested to hear what the Slytherin had to say. He then smirkled as she mentioned her nickname "Why not? it's a great nickname!" He was actually kind of serious "it official, that shall be your new nickname." he then smiled 'we should have nicknames!"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Ian chuckled and looked sheepishly at Artemis, to see if she would mind if they would call her by that name. After all she had said that only her friend called her that. "Nicknames?" he asked David, slightly confused by what he meant.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 pm

David slightly lost confidence in his idea when Ian looked at him with confusion. "yeah" he said slowly "like we have Wolfe for Artemis.. instead of calling eachother Snake, Badger, and Lion.. something specific to us."
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:57 pm

"Mhm..." Ian looked thoughtful for a few seconds. He really didn't know how to call himself, there was nothing special about him. He was just a normal Hufflepuff boy who was lucky enough to mee these three people in the library what seemed like ages ago. In truth it was only a few hours though.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethia Delmar Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:13 am

Artemis immediately jumped down and faced David. ''I will give you permission as to when i wish to be called Wolfe. It means something to me and my..pack. My family. So please..call me it when im actually ready to open up to you three boys as to be fair, i've never opened up to other people. Calling me Wolfe, will show you i'm actually your friend but right now...go slow before i end up killing more people than i have.'' She gasped at what she admitted and looked away for a moment. ''David...Sharptooth. You are a lion to the core as i can tell so...sharptooth seems suitable for you. Sharptongue when you get on my nerves.'' She said, climbing back up onto the ledge and looked through the tunnel. ''I do enjoy calling Ian badger...'' She mused, tracing the walls, she was simply trying to cover up what she said. They did not need to know that.
Lethia Delmar
Lethia Delmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:06 pm

He challenged Artemis by taking a step forward so their faces were mere inches apart "you don't scare me" he warned her quietly, even though the fact she admitted she had killed before did un-nerve him slightly. he spent too many years being bullied to show weakness now though. When she backed up and gave him his nickname, he raised an eyebrow "Sharptooth eh? I like it... call me Sharptongue though, and you will feel the wrath of my sharptooth" he winked, stepping back, now thinking of a name for Ian and Mio
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Shadow Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Artemis smirked as their faces weren't that far apart and leaned up a bit more so her breath was touching his lips. ''I should...'' She whispered before leaning back against the wall, mischief dancing in her eyes. ''Sharptongue...'' She mused before tilting her head. ''But just imagine when you're older...girls would be lining up to figure out..if your tongue is really sharp.'' She teased before staring at Ian and Mio. ''Fuck...I have no idea about you two.'' She admitted.
Ember Shadow
Ember Shadow

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 pm

David shook his head and said "but you don't" he said, just as quietly. He then rolled his eyes at her next comment "They will be lining up for a taste of my tongue non-the less, and i am willing to bet you are in the que" he smirked at her a little. Considering they had been so close just moments before, he was sure she would not be scared enough to get even closer.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Shadow Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 am

Artemis simply smiled madly at David. ''I will...one day.'' She mused, wiggling her claws. Putting one of the claws under David's chin, a growl rumbled in her chest as she stared at him. ''Oh poor little lion...I wouldn't be caught dead in that queue. Lions aren't my type.'' She smirked. ''The only time i'd ever have to kiss or do anything with a lion would be under a dare.'' She admitted before tilting her head.
Ember Shadow
Ember Shadow

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:04 pm

"Hey! ...We lions aren't so bad." Mio threw in, pouting slightly. Gryffindors could be really cool and easy to hang out with, so he really didn't see the problem. He shrugged and shook his head. Who could ever understand how Slytherins minds worked?, he asked himself.
Looking around, Mio rubbed his head a bit. It wasn't throbbing as badly as before anymore. "Do you guys want to stay a bit longer, cause I'd be ready to go now. I'm starving!" he told them with a smirk.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Artemis chuckled at Mio. ''Fine...David isn't my type. Is that better for you?'' She rolled her eyes, playfully. Her eyes lit up at the thought of food and she grinned madly. ''Food sounds wonderful right now..'' She admitted before furrowing her brow at Mio. Leaning up, she touched his cheek softly. ''How is your head?'' She asked, slightly worried.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Assassin/Psychologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:47 pm

"Yes, that sounds much better to my ears." Mio said, grinning at the Slytherin. He shrugged in apology at David, but the two of them would really make the worst kind of couple. They would probably end up killing each other right during their first time together...if they even got that far, he thought and had to bit his lip to keep from bursting out with laughter.
Mio blushed slightly when Artemis touch his cheek, but shook his head. "It's fine again. Just a bit sore, I guess." he smiled sheepishly at her.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next