Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Casual Reading (open)

+5
Endymion Snape
Arron Thompson
Artemis Black
Ian Mortinson
David Shuter
9 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Casual Reading (open) - Page 6 Empty Re: Casual Reading (open)

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

David smirked at Artemis "well.. fine then, I guess we could be friends.. just no more pushing armor on me, deal?" he winked playfully. David then admired the pile of valuable jewels and such. "well.. I think we should leave those alone.. for now. We have 7 more years to go at Hogwarts, and who knows when we will need some extra dough.." He then picked a random book off of the book shelf, he checked for a name, but found none, but he said "wow.. this book is on how to become Animagi.. you know, people who can turn into an animal.. It would be interesting to be one, eh guys?"

David Shuter

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Artemis laughed and shook her head. ''I'm sorry but i can't make any promises.'' She said, flipping another page. The mention of animagi made her head shoot up. She had been searching for a book like that for ages. She leaned over and took the book of animagus before giving David a smile. ''I'm gonna need this.'' She said bluntly, a way of saying don't ask why. She settled the book on her lap and opened the notebook again. ''The writer of this..is explaining his journey here without mentioning any names. It's a little infuriating but i'll continue reading.'' Artemis told the boys.

Artemis Black

Character sheet
Jobs: Assassin/Psychologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Mio quickly moved over to sit next to Artemis, so he could read over her shoulder. Maybe they would actually find out who this place belonged to. That would definitely interesing. "Animagi?" he asked David. That had always been a subject he was interested in. "I'd love to take a look at that, too." he muttered then turned back to the notebook.
The pages looked to be quite old and Mio noticed that certain sentences were formed much differently then a person would do today. "It definitely is quite old already, if the language proves anything."
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:19 pm

David raised an eyebrow "you are going to need this, um, hello, there is a reason i was reading it, I am going to need it. find your own" He walked over and picked it back up, sitting on the bed and started to read it. He had to admit, the idea of turning into an animal intrigued him greatly. he looked up to say "that is annoying, continue reading indeed."
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Ian smiled slightly at the other three fighting over that animagus book. He had always dreamed of turning into an animal and just run freely without having to think of all the problems humans had.
"Why don't we read it together then? As our first bonding activity as friends?" he suggested, only half joking.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Artemis pouted for a moment and unconciously leaned on Mio as they read. ''It's as if...the writer of this was writing in latin, runes and plain english.'' She mused with a furrow of her brow. ''I like that idea, Ian...It'll be good for us and maybe help me not harm my little lions.'' She said, winking at David and Mio. ''This won't take long to decipher...'' She admitted, tracing the words as it translated in her mind.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

House : Slytherin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:41 pm

David smiled slightly at Ian "you are right, it would help us not rip each other to pieces, it also gives us something to bond and stay bonded over. Of course.. if we were going to actual act on what we read.. it would be extremely illegal." He smirked "I know we would hate to do that!" He chuckled towards Mio, knowing he would at least be in
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Mio put on a shocked expression, though on the inside he was cracking up with laughter. "Oh no, David! You don't want us to do something illegal, do you?" he asked, then started grinning. "Jokes aside! I really would love to try this, though I think we need a bit more practice in transfiguration before we try it. It will be very difficult."
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:49 pm

David nodded as he read "Well, it is very complex magic..it would take two years to even really understand this enough... and that's going from our standards, not normal people's.." He knew this group was insanely smart, considering they already knew some 3rd year magic.. the lumos spell being a good example of this.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Mio nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, we should wait for a bit longer to try such advanced magic, but maybe we can actually manage the transformation before we have our O.W.L.s." he said grinning. His father would probably kill him if he found out, but that's why this little cave would be a good hiding place. Nobody could tell what they were up to.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Artemis listened to the jabbers of the two lions and chewed her lip. ''One moment...'' She muttered and put the note book on Mio's lap before jumping into the water under the waterfall. Swimming to the shore, she used her dagger to peel out one of the glowing crystals and went back to the alcove. Putting the book on the floor, she used the glowing crystal the light up the page. It made the english more visible. ''I was wondering why the english writing was darker than the rest and why there are crystals all over the floor. Whoever was in here...was using them for this.'' She explained and put the crystal down, causing it to hit the other crystals. ''And whoever this person was...put a charm on all these so touch lit them up. Seems their magic was strong to last this long. Oh this is wonderful!'' Artemis was beaming with excitement and tilted her head. ''With the book, perhaps it's something we read once a week. The amount of knowledge in that book will be too overwhelming at first.''
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Ian leaned closer, curious about what Artemis had discovered there when she held the crystal over the book. "Cool!" he exclaimed when suddenly the english letters stood out more. "Maybe we should go to the library later and read up on Slytherin wizards or witches that lived quite a few hundred years ago and who were very powerful. Combined with the information from that notebook, we might find out who it is." he suggested.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:22 pm

He thought for a few minutes, reading more pages of the book "I think we could do this in our third.. maybe fourth year, but with our combined knowledge, we should be able to be animagi way before our OWLs" he read a bit more of the book, finally looking up when Artemis made her discovery "A very powerful wizard...what are the dates on that book Arty? Because we all know Lord Voldemort was a great wizard.. he could have used this place as a hideout when he was at hogwarts.. i mean.. he had to have gone here, right?"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Ian shuddered slightly when David mentioned the dark wizard's name. Although he wasn't afraid of saying Voldemort's name like most other people these days, but the thought of all the horrible things he had done in the past made Ian feel uncomfortable. "I hope it wasn't him." he muttered softly. He would rather not be in a place where that man had practiced dark magic and whatnot.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Artemis nodded at Ian for a moment before looking up at David. ''There are no dates but...by the way the pages look, i do not believe it's from that time period. It's much older. I also don't believe he would've gone here. He would've put lots of charms up to keep people out.'' She said before tilting her head. Her mind began racing and a bright smile formed on her face. ''I think...i know who was here....'' She whispered, looking at the notebook in disbelief. ''Merlin....'' She whispered.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:34 pm

"Merlin..." Ian breathed, completely in awe. The greatest wizard of all times had been here? Where they stood? He couldn't believe it and shook his head feeling slightly dazed. "Do you really think so, Artemis?" Ian asked the Slytherin.
If that really was the case then they had to keep this an even bigger secret than he had thought, for if anyone would find out about it, everyone would want to come down here to find traces of Merlin, of his power and his wisdom.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:38 pm

David nodded slowly "well.. I guess I'm glad.. I would not want to set up in here if he had spent time in here.." He said slowly going back to reading the Animagus book "you know, we are lucky we found this here, i doubt magic like this is in the open part of the library.. we would have had to go into the restricted section.." He said as he read. He was slightly disappointed when he read you could not chose the animal you became when you made yourself an animagus.. he would have to hope it was something good.. He also learned that an animagus form usually was the same as a patronus...

He looked up when Arty said Merlin. "you mean.. THE Merlin?! didn't he live before Hogwarts?!"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Artemis nodded slowly. ''It makes sense...He was a slytherin and if my timings are correct, could even have been taught by Salazar. He's a famous wizard, powerful enough to do such spells and it just..makes sense...'' Hearing David's outburst, she shot him a glare. ''Calm down and no. He was from the Medieval era. Hogwarts is much older.'' She mused. ''Besides...it's just a guess.'' She told them.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Ian shook his head, disbelief clear on his face. His green eyes looked around once more in the small cave, when suddenly a frown appeared on his face. "Hey guys ... did you notice that most of the crystals already lost their glow? It's like they are slowly dying or something." he said, slightly worried.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Artemis looked up and backed away. ''Guys...Look at the chests...'' They seemed to be disintegrating and she felt the splashes of water on her back. ''Boys. We need to get out...NOW!'' She shouted and kicked the book out of David's hand as it was a little bit on fire. ''GO!'' She shouted and grabbed Ian's hand, immediately worried. ''C'mon. We need to run.'' She said and let go of his hand, jumping into the water. Getting out, she ran to the tunnel. She kept looking back.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:33 pm

David looked up to see from his book when Arty knocked it out of his hands, and grabbed his hand pulling him off the bed. "The hell Arty" He growled as he tripped up to standing position, and then into the water "MIO! COME ON' He yelled as they swam back through the hole, popping back up on the other side.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Ian looked around in sudden panick and quickly grapped Mio's hand and pulled him along with him out of the alcove, through the water and into the tunnel. Just then he stopped running, and gasped for breath.
Looking back, he saw that the small alcove they were in just seconds before had collapsed. "Oh my god ... that was close!" he breathed.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:55 pm

David had been disoriented as they ran, so it never even occurred to him to grab Mio, he was too busy trying not to face plant thanks to Arty. So he instantly felt bad when he surfaced. Turning to look at his Mate, quite possible his best mate, or will be in the future "sorry" He said quietly
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Out of nowhere everyone suddenly was moving and rushing out of the alcove, dragging Mio along with them. As they jumped into the water, he hit his head slightly against one of the rocks, but Ian just kept him going and going. The Hufflepuff was surprisingly strong, he thought in a detached way.

Finally they reached the tunnel and Mio grabbed his head, still slightly dazed from the bang. "What just happened?" he muttered and looked up at the others.  He shook his head at David to let him know they were fine. He had not been able to think of anything in the past few seconds either. "Thank Merlin for your quick thinking, Ian." he smiled slightly at the other boy and gave him a tight hug.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:25 pm

David shrugged "Ian noticed something.. then next thing i know, i was pulled off my feet, I think the book i was holding caught fire, it just happened so quick" He said uncertainly as he got out of the water, shivering slightly, he noticed his shins were bleeding, had he hit something during the run, or swim?? He then watched Mio hug Ian, and got back some of his old self enough to say "Gayyyyyy" in a joking sort of tone, before he himself pulled Mio into a bro hug, glad he was okay
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:50 am

Artemis fell to her knees and stared back at the alcove before seeing the blood on David's shin. Shaking her head, she ripped the bottom of her shirt for a makeshift bandage and put it into the water before looking up at David. ''You're bleeding...Stay still so i can wrap it up.'' She commanded with authority vibrating in her tone before wrapping the cold makeshift bandage around his shin. ''I am sorry for dragging you and never call me Arty again.'' She told him before standing up. Artemis ran a hand through her hair and remembered seeing Mio hit his head. Lifting her hand, she placed it on the side of Mio's face, checking out his forehead. ''Are you alright, Mio?'' She asked, her fingers lightly touching around the red mark on his forehead.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Mio rolled his eyes at David's remark and hugged him back with a crooked smile. "Glad to see that you haven't lost your charms." he said smirking. He watched worriedly as Artemis wrapped his friend's injury, hopefully he wouldn't get an infection. How knew what kind of germs were in that water.
He blinked slowly in slight confusion when the Slytherin asked him, if he was okay and carefully took stock of his injury. His head was still pounding in a dull way, but at least he wasn't bleeding. "I think I'll be okay. Just no more running, please." Mio said and smiled sheepishly at her.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next