Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Casual Reading (open)

+5
Endymion Snape
Arron Thompson
Artemis Black
Ian Mortinson
David Shuter
9 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Casual Reading (open) Empty Casual Reading (open)

Post by David Shuter Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:42 pm

David might have been sorted into Gryffindor, but he had always been one to read. Lord of the Rings Had been his favorite Muggle book, but know, he was interested in learning everything he could about the Wizarding world.. his world, His only friends did not seem to have his wants in that respect, so he was alone in the library, reading Hogwarts, A History. He hoped he would not be interrupted, because he was reading about some rumored Chamber of Secrets and it was very interesting.
David Shuter
David Shuter

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Casual Reading (open) Empty Re: Casual Reading (open)

Post by Ian Mortinson Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:14 am

Ian was making his way through the library, slightly gaping at the sheer endless number of books it presented. The thought of being able to get to read them during his stay at Hogwarts cheered him up immensely, because he had promised his parents to do well in class and some references to his textbooks would probably help him quite a lot.
His first few lessons had passed easily and he had even been able to answer a few questions and Ian was determined to keep it that way. "Merlin...where do I start?" he wondered and finally picked up some book about magical creatures.
Turning towards the tables, he noticed a Gryffindor sitting and reading a thick tome, so Ian wandered over and sat down opposite to him.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:08 am

Artemis had her nose stuck in The Tale of two cities by Charles Dickens, a muggle book that was a favorite of hers. It was uncommon for Artemis to be out and about reading, preferring pranks and just any type of amusement but her love of books was too great to avoid the opportunity of the Library. Bumping into a few people, she finally found herself in front of a table that held a Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Artemis was never one to judge so she simply sat down, pulled her knees to her chest and continued reading. 
Glancing up at the Gryffindor, she checked out his book and tilted her head. ''That's quite a book ya got there.'' She recognized the boy from the great hall and she bit her lip to stop the growl that threatened to release. ''Oh. Perhaps i should introduce myself to you boys. Artemis Calor. Sister of Ember Shadow, the lion.'' She whispered, due to the silence that is meant to be in the library.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Assassin/Psychologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:57 am

Ian looked up when a Slytherin girl joined them and smiled up at her. "Hey, I'm Ian, nice to meet you." he watched her closely and remembered to have seen her during his charms lessons. "Yes, I think I remember you and your sister." he said nodding slightly.
Turning his head, Ian leaned backwards in his chair to look for the librarian, but she was nowhere in sight, so he turned back to the other too. "She's right, though. What are you reading there?" he asked the Gryffindor curiously. The book looked to be very old and probably full of mysteries, something Ian found immensely intriguing.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:23 pm

David looked up when the Hufflepuff sat opposite him, he gave him a nod, then went back to reading about this so called secret chamber created by Salazar Slytherin. He looked up again as a Slytherin sat down at their table. When she mentioned the book, he shrugged. It was kind of big, but he was used to big books. When she introduced himself, he nodded. "I met Ember once, she was nice.. I'm David Shuter, brother of no one" He then nodded at Ian as he introduced himself "nice to meet the two of you." he smiled. When Ian asked what book he was reading, his smile grew "Hogwarts, A History Its actually very interesting, its nice to know the history of these walls." He was always interested in meeting new people, making friends, although , he would have rathered it be not when he was reading.. but there was nothing he could do about it.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Ian smiled slightly at David and scooted over a bit to have a better look at the book the other boy was reading. Hogwarts, A History. He had heard about this one the train a few days ago when some older students had been talking about it.  
They had told him, that it explained the complete history of Hogwarts, from the days of the founders till today. He definitely had to get his hands on this book later on, Ian thought excitedly.
"Sound interesting!" he said smirking, "does it also include something we can explore in the castle? Like some secret rooms or places?" Ian loved to explore things, sometimes he really wondered if he shouldn't have ended up in Ravenclaw instead, but maybe he was a bit too pracitcal for that house.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arron Thompson Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Arron was carrying a rather large pile of books with him through the library and looked as if he kept adding to the pile, by no means was Arron a reader he was meant for action not studying but he had home work that was dew. By the time he was looking for a table he head at least two books for every class and fave for potions, Snape was a cruel man when it cam to punishment but it mad no difference to Arron he would do the work all the same.As he looked for a table he spotted one that already had a few people sitting at it, "its a good day to be friendly," he thought to himself as he took a seat at the table and nodded his greetings to everyone...
Arron Thompson
Arron Thompson

Character sheet
Jobs: School
Blood Status: Muggleborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:18 am

Mio looked up from the shadowy corner he was standing in when he heard hushed voices coming from the working tables. Actually he was only here to get a book on astronomy, so he could start working on his essay, but as always, curiosity won out and he strolled over to the group of students.
He noticed David, one of his dormmates and an older Gryffindor sitting with two students he was sharing classes with, a Huffelpuff boy and a Slytherin girl.
"Hey guys, mind if I join you?" he asked in a hushed voice, so he wouldn't draw the attention of the librarian on themselves.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:27 am

Artemis listened but her attention was always on her book. She'd rather not have brought up the lunch hall mishap. ''I'm sure there are many secret rooms that we do not know about, Ian...I'm also sure that in the future some could be revealed to us. How exciting that would be...'' She mused and her head turned as another gryffindor came to the table. Nodding her head in greeting at Arron, she then turned to Mio. ''Oh Mio. Wow...I'm being graced with lion presence today. Of course you may join. Someone i finally know is always a pleasure.'' She said, a smirk tugging at the corners of her lips before turning back to her book.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Mio grinned slightly at Artemis and shrugged as he sat down beside her. "Well you Slytherins intrigue us Lions, you know?" he said chuckling. To be honest, he really had no prejudices against any house, with a father in Slytherin and two sisters that would either end up in Ravenclaw or Slytherin who was he to judge anyone.
He took a look around and then started to laugh. "You know what, we're such nerds, sitting here with all these books. When outside the sun is shining and this castle hold so many secrets we should explore instead." Mio shook his head with a sigh and opened his own book.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:46 pm

David smiled at Ian "well, I have read about this Chamber of Secrets.. but as afar as i know, no one has found it.. and I'm judging it can only be opened by a Slytherin, or someone with the blood of Salazar Slytherin himself. we could try and locate.. but our odds of finding it are slim to none." He then nodded at Thompson, the boy he had met in Potions. He was really surprised when yet another person joined the table "Hello again Endymion." he smiled to his dormmate.

When he mentioned being nerds, David shrugged 'for once, being a nerd is cool, so I don't mind in the slightest. exploring the castle would be cool though.. anyone up for that later?" he looked at the whole table, waiting for takers
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arron Thompson Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Arron looked up as a conversation was struck at the table, "nedrs, nerds you say? I am anything but a nerd, I am a adventurer a seeker of danger and reward." Arron said with a sly grin, in truth he would rather be anywhere else than in a library doing Snapes homework but he had to do it, or did he? "What do you mean later? Why not go now, to hell with waiting, we all should go now and find this so called chamber of secrets." Arron said with a large and gleaming smile, he was ready to get out of this stuffy room......
Arron Thompson
Arron Thompson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 pm

David shrugged at Arron's first comment "who said I wasn't? and who said you couldn't be both? I know I am.. I must be, cause i made it into Gryffindor" he smirked slightly. When Arron mentioned going now, David actually smiled and said "Well if the others are up for it.. But shouldn't you finish that homework for snape" he had noticed what the book he had was about, and used his brains to make the connection
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arron Thompson Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Arron gave a light chuckle, "I think the poor professor will be fine and his work can wait." He said to David as he was still chuckling, he was enjoying this young Gryffindor very much so......
Arron Thompson
Arron Thompson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Artemis raised her eyebrow at Arron. ''There isn't a problem with being a nerd is there? I'm sure Mio wouldn't want his feelings hurt.'' She smirked at Mio, shoving him slightly in a joking manner. ''An adventure? Hm...I have no else to do but read this book. . So my new little lions..and hufflepuff. When are we on this adventure?'' Artemis questioned, the smirk that tugged at her lips grew and she leaned back in her chair. Closing her book, she placed it on the table and grinned at the four boys around her.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Ian smiled at all the new people, glad to have more company and grinned slightly. "I'm definitely up to do some exploring here. After all we should know the castle if we are to live here for seven years." he agreed readily.
Maybe they could actually do something exciting for a change. Not to say that the lessons were boring, but some adventures sounded great.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:33 pm

David smiled at everyone's eagerness, he turned to the last remaining un-decided Gryffindor and said "well.. that is 4 out of 5, are you in man?" He was already getting up and putting his book away for as n matter what he said, the other 4 were going on an adventure, and David would not need his book, even if they were to search for the chamber, the book gave little to no indication where it might be.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Mio sniffed a bit and put on a hurt expression. "Nerds are awesome." he said, then broke into a grin and shook his head. "But I prefer some adventures to reading as well. So count me in!" he nodded at David while he also got to his feet and slipped the book into his school back.
The thought of exploring the old castle was immensely appealing and Mio would definitely not miss out on it.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:42 pm

"well then, on wards I say" David grinned as he clapped Mio on the back. He was excited about this, exploring the old castle, making some new friends. Ron and Harry closed him off alot, so it would be nice for some new friends that he could count on to be there for him.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Artemis put her book in her bag and stood up, a simple smile formed on her face. ''Well c'mon boys...Let's get exploring.'' She said, smirking. Looking around, she watched the librarian stare at their small group with a curious gaze before walking off. Artemis walked towards a bookshelf and stroked the books, waiting patiently.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Ian jumped up as well, a huge grin plastered on his face. Finally some action! And maybe he could make some friends here as well, would be a good way to start his first year. "Yeah, let us go. Where should we start looking?" he asked curiously. He was not really the leader kind of type, that probably was the reason he had been sorted into Hufflepuff instead of Gryffindor for example, so he would wait for the others to take up the lead.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Mio crooked his head slightly to the side in thought. "Well, a Slytherin would probably not have his chamber somewhere up in the towers, so maybe we should start on the ground floors or even the dungeons?" he suggested with a shrug. "Was there something mentioned in the text that could help us, David?" Mio asked, turning to the other Gryffindor.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:58 pm

David took the lead, which he knew he would have to share with Artemis, and said "Well, if we really are looking for the Chamber of secrets, why not look near the Slytherin common room? That is in the dungeons I believe?" he asked Artemis, after hearing Mio's statement. crossing his arms over his chest as he waited for an answer. He gave a quick head shake at Mio, indicating nothing was in the book to help.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Artemis tilted her head with a smirk. ''Yeah it's in the dungeons. I will not take you guys inside the common room because afterwards i'd have to kill you.'' She smirked darkly before pulling her eyes up to stare at David. ''We should just check all the rooms that are in the dungeons...'' She suggested before walking towards the Library door. ''You coming, lions and hufflepuff? I want to get some exploring done before i die of old age.'' She smirked.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

David rolled his eyes and said "why would i even want to go in that place, odds are I would not make it out alive" He didn't mind most Slytherins, but most Slytherins minded him. he then added "tapping bricks would not hurt as well, this is a secret chamber after all, Salazar most likely did not leave a door in plain view." He then shrugged and followed Artemis
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next