Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

A plain and annoying lunch (open)

2 posters

Go down

A plain and annoying lunch (open) Empty A plain and annoying lunch (open)

Post by Severus Snape Fri May 10, 2013 9:58 am

Why was it that the human body always demanded your attention at the most inconvenient of times? That was one of the questions Severus used to ask himself when the growling of his stomach distracted him from one of his experiments. Sighing, he sat down the stirring rod and rubbed his tired eyes before casting a spell on the cauldron in front of him, so the potion wouldn't go to waste while he was busy eating.

An irritated scowl on his face, Severus stalked out of the lab and through the dungeons, skillfully avoiding the other students. "Mindless chattering..." he muttered annoyed. He had a hard time understanding why his class mates enjoyed talking about everything and nothing at the same time, as for him talking without saying something important was useless and just plain annoying.
Hiding in the shadows of the entrance hall, Severus observed students and teachers entering the hall. He always waited till most students had already entered before slipping in unnoticed. A certain group of Gryffindors made their way down the stairs, talking loudly and wearing those inane grins that Severus hated so much. Luckily, they didn't see him and he breathed a sigh of relief, he didn't mind surviving a day without being bullied for once.
Severus waited a few more moments then he too entered the great hall and sat down at the Slytherin house table, close by the door. He grabbed a sandwich and quickly washed it down with some pumkin juice, feeling quite out of place here on his own.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Potion Master
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

A plain and annoying lunch (open) Empty Re: A plain and annoying lunch (open)

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:16 am

Bad days. The potions were going well, but everything else felt wrong. Regulus had been awake for the past 2 days, studying potions. Living in the dungeons made that much easier. He felt hungry, but his head kept telling him "Finish this first...then go eat!" He finished the easiest potion ever, breath freshening solution. He took so long, he actually felt bad. He went into the great hall, and sat besides Severus. They weren't the best friends, but you could say Regulus had a much better relationship with Severus than his brother. "Hey Severus. What are you doing eating all by yourself?" Asked Regulus as he also took a sandwich out of his bag. His drink was simply water, he didn't feel like having Juice.

Although Severus was older than him, Regulus felt sorry for him. Especially, when Sirius and James bullied him. Regulus didn't get in the way, because he didn't want to make his brother angry, and he was only a third year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 am

Letting his gaze glide over the mass of students that was gathered in the great hall. Severus could only sneer at them and their stupid conversations about quidditch, their crush and the usual gossip. It annoyed him to no end that he had to sit by and listen to that all day long, as even most Slytherins couldn't work up a decent conversation.
He sighed and wondered if his problem was that he had to listen, or that he just had to sit by without anyone to talk to himself. The past four years, he always had Lily by his side, but lately, she spend more and more time with other Gryffindors instead of him and he felt kind of isolated and jealous and that hurt.
Looking around he hoped to see a familiar face and was relieved when a younger Slytherin sat next to him.
"Why do you think? I just love to be all by myself the whole time of course!" he spat out angrily, then shook his head and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Sorry Regulus... I'm just a bit on the edge lately. What have you been up to today?" he asked the younger boy.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:22 am

Regulus was surprised at Severus's reaction. Guess he isn't having the most fantastic day. He smiled when Severus asked him what he had been up to. Although there was no big reason for him to smile, he just felt happy that Severus was talking normally again. "Nothing much. I'm pretty mad at myself. Took nearly an hour to make a breath freshening solution. I'm usually good at potions, but today I'm kind of tired. Hey, you're pretty good yourself right? Can you teach me more advanced potions? I'd love to wow everyone!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat May 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Severus looked at Regulus in surprise. The potion he mentioned as actually pretty simple, so there had to be a lot on the boy's mind, if he didn't manage it well today. Normally, he would make some scathing remark, but he considered the younger Slytherin as a friend of some sort, so he held himself back and just nodded.
"Iam quite good, yes. Potions is my passion, though I don't know if I'd be a good teacher..." he said doubtfully. "You see, I'm nit really a patient person, but I'd be willing to try and tutor you a bit."
It wouldn't hurt, as Severus spend most of his time brewing potions anyway.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat May 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Marvolo finished up her homework from the morning classes and finally permitted herself to leave the safety of the library to venture off for some lunch. Heading down to the great hall she caught sight of Severus and her other housemate Regulus sitting off together while talking, walking over to them she promptly leaned over Severus her arm hanging off his shoulder and her head on his oppostie shoulder "Work work work is that all you ever talk about Severus" she said stealing some food off his plate.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: Unspeakable
Blood Status: Pureblood

https://tiesthatbind.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat May 11, 2013 1:47 pm

"Hey!" Severus was surprised when someone suddenly leaned over him. "Marvolo! I wanted to eat that!" he snarked only slightly serious. "You know quite well that potions isn't just work for me, it's fun and challenging... like quidditch for you I guess." he turned his head slightly to look at her. "Don't you want to sit down like a civilized being?" Severus smirked and chuckled.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat May 11, 2013 1:50 pm

"No, no i'm fine here your comfortable" she said with smirk but sat down next to him either way and grabbed a plate of food. For a small girl she could eat enough for an army. "Potions is work for me but well it is knowledge and knowledge is power, power is pain and if you don't understand don't ask me to explain" she said in a sing-song voice as she took a giant bite out of a sandwhich.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Severus snorted with supressed laughter at her little rhyme. "That's right, I guess." Frowning slightly at the way she gulved down her meal, he shook his head and continued to eat his sandwich. "So any plans for the day so far?" he asked the other two.
Although Severus didn't mind spending all day in the lab, he wouldn't reject the chance of some other activities.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat May 11, 2013 2:35 pm

"nothing out of the ordinary for me Sev i am debating on whether or not i wish to go exploring in the forest like I do most of my days off" she said with a chuckle.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 pm

"Well I'd like to be tutored. Although I'm good at potions I'd like to get better." Regulus noticed Marvolo arriving. "Hey Marvolo." As Marvolo and Severus played around, Regulus ate his sandwich. "Well I was going back to the lab, but a day at the forest sounds good. Right Severus?" Asked Regulus. Severus probably also needed some time to relax, and get some fresh air.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat May 11, 2013 6:08 pm

With a short nod, he told Regulus that he agreed. "Good, then we could meet later in the potion classroom for some practice." he said.
Severus thought only shortly about the suggestion then said "Yes, sure. Let's go to the forest. Maybe I find some ingredients on the way."
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 am

Regulus nodded back at Severus, and then looked at them both. "Shall we go then? Staying here doesn't sound that pleasant. Especially since they are here." Regulus said, as he pointed at the marauders, sitting on the gryffindor table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 am

"Urg.... yes let's go before they want to pick a fight again." Severus sneered at the direction of the marauders, as he got up from his seat. "Maybe we find some poisonous plant we can stuff in their bags on the way..." he chuckled darkly.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Elisabetta entered the Great Hall, laughing as she pointed her wand at a first-year Hufflepuff student.

"Oi, come back, you! I'm not finished!" she exclaimed loudly, tying the younger student's shoelaces together. "You were lucky you got out of that closet as soon as you did, but that's about the only luck you'll be having for a while!" Saying this, she raised her wand again and turned the Hufflepuff's hair a bright pink, shrieking with laughter as, finally satisfied, she made her way over to the Slytherin table, bumping into Severus as she did.

"Hi and bye, Snape." she murmured, sitting in the same spot he'd just gotten up from. "And you too, Regulus. See you in class."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Andromeda walked into the Great Hall and made her way to the Slytherin table immediately. She gave a flightly disgruntled snarl at the sort of outrageous girl beside her, but continued to the table anyway. Andromeda took a seat next to her cousin, who she hadn't seen in a while. "Hey, Reg," she said calmly to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Elisabetta nodded once to Andromeda before taking a bite of mashed potato. She looked round at the Great Hall, looking for more first years that she could possibly harass; a moment later, she caught the eye of a first-year Ravenclaw boy she'd already had the pleasure of dumping a bottle of ink on. She laughed to herself and waved to him, grinning even wider when he quickly got up and hurried out of the Great Hall. Unable to help herself, Elisabetta pointed her wand at him.

"Tarantallegra!" she said, then laughed aloud as he began dancing wildly around the Hall. "There you go, mate! Maybe you can be on one of those Muggle talent shows I've heard about! You'd win top prize for sure!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 12:48 am

Andromeda was distracted from carry out her regular deeds by the girl who apparently couldn't be subtle. With a hand propped under her chin, Andromeda watched her cast a purple spell on a harmless Ravenclaw. Ugh, really? she thought to herself as she heard the girl's obnoxious chants in attempt to tease, mock, or mortify the poor boy. After a dull sigh, Andromeda retrieved her wand from the security of her shirt and flourished it quietly at the helpless boy. "Finite Incantatem," she mumbled in his direction. The spell quickly allowed to boy to run free, and after a "shoo" motion from Andromeda, the boy left the hall. "That's not even necessary," she whispered to herself and rolled her eyes to provide her attention to the rest of the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

"Merlin, that was fun." Elisabetta grinned, glancing briefly at Andromeda. "It's not every day I get two shots in on one person; usually I can only terrorize another student only once." She looked over at the Gryffindor table and spotted the four boys who called themselves "Marauders". Almost immediately, she bared her teeth ever so slightly, her blue eyes flashing angrily.

"I'm really going to have to find some way to get those fools." she growled. "I might not like Snape very much, but for the love of Merlin, I don't like what they do to him."

She took a few more bites of her food, swallowed, then grinned widely as a second-year student walked toward the Great Hall exit. "I haven't done much to second-years lately. That's next on my list of things to accomplish."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down