Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Snow Flakes Keep Falling (Ted)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Snow Flakes Keep Falling (Ted) - Page 2 Empty Re: Snow Flakes Keep Falling (Ted)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 am

Ted pondered Anita's question about how his parents might have felt about him and his sister being magical while they were not. Then with a smile her answered, "They were actually very supportive to us both. They said that they always knew we were different. Guess they justs didn't know how... Then the letters showed up and they finally had their answer." Shrugging he added, "Not sure that they were jealous as neither one of them were like we were. Just happy. Having a wtich and wizard for children didn't phase them at all. Like your mother, they loved us both very much." Ted had heard about parents being envious of their magical children when they were not. Several of his friends growing up had that as an experience. But Ted and Alchemy were lucky to not have had that experience.

Taking a drink from his cup, he waved her appology away at bringing up his parents. "It's alright. It's alright. That's part of war," he said with a shrug. "Alchemy is....complicated. But, she is alive and well. And, really, that is all I can ask for. We are very close and to lose her.... Well, let's just say i'd hunt her down in the afterlife and drag her back here if I could..." he said lightly with a laugh. Remembering what it was like to have lost her, and then have her back, Ted felt bad that Anita couldn't have the same. He knew what it felt like to be the last of your family, and he didn't wish that pain on anyone....ever....

Nodding in agreement, he let out a small sigh. Death Eaters and their ideals were something he would never understand, nor did he want to. Ted couldn't believe how much they covered about one another in only a short time after meeting. It was uncanny, really! Joining her in laughing, he said, "I did, too. You don't feel like a stranger, Anita! More like, I've known you before and we've just been apart for some time." Ted suddenly looked away and chuckled to himself. "Bet that sounds rather lame..." he said scratching his eyebrow with his thumb.

"So, what do you do, Anita?" he asked, bringing his eyes up to her, shifting the topic to something much lighter, and trying to cover his slight embarassment at his former comment. True, he did feel that comfortable around her, but, he still felt odd stating it.

Back to top Go down

Snow Flakes Keep Falling (Ted) - Page 2 Empty Re: Snow Flakes Keep Falling (Ted)

Post by Anita Moore Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:44 am

Anita felt like she shouldn’t have brought up his family, but since she’d already shared her story perhaps it was okay for him to tell his. She liked to listen, but she also wasn’t a fan of prying. Rather than dwell on that, though, she returned her attention to the attractive man that was sitting on her couch. “It’s so surprising, actually. How muggles seem more open to accepting their wizard children than wizards are to accepting muggles. I had a friend who was a Squib and her family, even though they were not muggle-haters, sent her away. And yet muggleborns return to their homes in the holidays and for the most part are treated the same.” It seemed a bit off topic, but for whatever reason her tongue seemed to want to spill out whatever thoughts came to mind at the moment.

The woman smiled, “I’m glad to hear that she is alive and well.” She chewed on her lip before she could spit out the question that was on the tip of her tongue. Why are things complicated? But for some reason that seemed like it was too personal even if they’d covered almost every base conversation wise anyway.

Anita nodded her agreement, but quickly shook her head. “Oh, no! It doesn’t sound lame at all. It’s exactly what I was thinking.” She smiled and looked away, returning her gaze to him only after he changed the subject. “What do I do? Nothing interesting at all. I went to France for a while recently, and after I returned I applied everywhere for work. But no bites thus far. I’m hoping to teach at Hogwarts.

(I'm sorry it's so short!)

Anita Moore

Character sheet
Jobs: Searching
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Ted nodded as his drank. "It is interesting isn't it? I find that magical families with one parent a Muggle and one not seem more accepting of Squib children. Perhaps it has something to do with a wizarding family not really knowing what to do with a child that isn't like them. Having to send them to Muggle school and things that they aren't accustomed to. Could prove too much for them to handle..." he said with a small shrug. He had heard of such things happening, and he liked to think that should he hand children without magical abilities, he would be the best father he could be. So far, he didn't need to find out as Tonks was a witch.

"Me, too," he answered her about his sister. He wanted to speak more on it, but he didn't know if this was the time or place for such things. They had only just met, and while they were talking about all kinds of topics that strangers generally never talked about, this one was a little more a topic for later.... If there was a later.... Which, Ted hoped there would be. "It's quite the story. Perhaps, I'll tell you another time," he said with a wink.

She felt the same about their talking being much more familiar than simply two people that just met! Ted couldn't help but smile when she confirmed that. Thankful that the odd comment didn't phase their conversation, he was intrigued to hear that she had been to France. Ted had heard it was a lovely place, and had thought about visiting there many times before. "France, huh? I've thought about time and again going... What did you think of it?" he asked. Being a Protector, Auror, and in The Order didn't leave a bunch of room for travel, and he didn't really have a reason to go alone. "Give it some time. I can't imagine you not getting a job someplace. What would you teach?" Ted asked, happy to keep the conversation light.

(No problem. LOL They don't need to be long. Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 am

The woman nodded slowly. “At least if there is a muggle parent, the non-magical child could stay with them. It’s common for the Squib children of Purebloods to be sent away in to the muggle world. It would be horrible to have to do that to your child. But I suppose with a whole magical family, it would be very difficult for the child growing up.” Anita wondered how they had even gotten to that line of conversation, but she didn’t mind. If they kept talking for another hour, she was sure they would have covered every possible topic.

I’d love to hear it,” Anita said, quietly. It made her smile that he planned on telling her more about his sister another time. She would have thought he’d go back to his home and completely forget about her. She took another mouthful of her tea, realising that it was starting to get cold. Had they really been in conversation for that long? The woman pulled her wand from her pocked and muttered a spell at the kettle, so that it would heat again. “Do you want some more tea? Or do you have somewhere else to be?” She asked the question with a smile. In a way, she didn’t want for him to leave just yet. It wasn’t often that she got the chance to talk to someone.

Oh, it’s beautiful! I love everything about it. The language, the sights, not to mention the food.” Anita thought about her time in France, and couldn’t help but smile again. She wished she could have stayed forever, but it wasn’t to be. “I wouldn’t have come back, but I realised that this is my home. It was nice while it lasted, but reality eventually had to hit.” Anita looked at Ted to answer, “Herbology. I love plants and everything that one can do with them. You can laugh if you like.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 4:07 am

"More tea sounds fine. Unless, I'm keeping you from something..." Ted said, holding his cup out for a top-off. Thinking about going home, he figured here was nicer. It was just him in the empty house at the moment, and company was nice. He hoped that he wasn't. Anita was proving to be nice company, and that was something he had missed as of late.

As she told him about France, Ted couldn't help but smile. "Guess I'm going to have to make a point to go there some time. I like all those things," he commented lightly. "Not to mention they have The Louvre. Every artist's dream..." Ted added dreamily with a small sigh. He understood a little about reality hitting and you having to do as was needed. Just such a thing happened to him when he was 16 years old at Hogwarts. He stepped up to the task and never looked back.

"Herbology, huh? I wouldn't think of laughing. It's a fine subject. I didn't really find an interest in it until I got to know a fellow classmate. Do you know Morgan Lupin? She's Head Healer at St. Mungo's. Anyways... She had a certain knack for Herbology, and thanks to watching and studying with her a little, I grew to really appreciate it," Ted told her remembering those study sessions and finally finding his own unique likeness for the subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Sun May 04, 2014 6:25 am

Anita shook her head, “Oh, not at all.” In honestly, usually the woman would just be sitting watching television or out in the back garden tending to her plants. The last time that someone other than herself had even entered the house had been when her parents still lived there. Then it had been vacant for a number of years, and since her return to the country it was only been her. “It’s nice to see someone in here that isn’t me, actually,” she said, before wondering if that was a strange thing to say.

Oh, you should!” Anita said, smiling at the man as she rose from her seat to get the newly hot tea and pour it in to Ted’s cup and then her own. She glanced at him and smiled at the tone in his voice. “You really love art, huh?” She knew that he liked to draw, but it wasn’t often that people really appreciated the beauty of what people can make.

Sitting back down, she sipped at her tea. “No, I don’t know her. I have heard of her though. She was a couple of years older than me at Hogwarts, if I remember correctly.” Anita smiled, and knew what he meant. “A lot of people never really found much interest in it while I was at school. For some it takes a bit to warm up to, but I always loved it right from first year. It probably helped that my mother liked to make a lot of different things from the plants that she grew here.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Ted smiled at hearing that she didn't mind that he stay longer. Her comment, while odd, about being not the only person in the house for once, made sense to him. It could have been the same story had they been at his place instead of here. But, knowing that he wasn't outstaying his welcome made him feel better. "I completely understand," he commented.

Nodding his thanks as she filled his cup up, he reached into his jacket and pulled out a small tablet of paper he used for taking notes and a black pen. Setting the cup aside, he set to work sketching a little something for her. "I do. I used to draw all the time at school. Just....something I used to do for fun. It's soothing...." Ted commented losing himself slightly in the action of drawing, but still being in the here and now.

"She was in my year, so, I guess that makes me a couple years older than you, too," he mused, glancing up from his sketch and winking at her with a soft smile. Returning to the paper, he continued to work on his piece. "I think people just tend to take for granted things they see or do everyday. Once they find a little something special with whatever it is, then they form a new love for it. Kind of like plants or potions or any other subject.... Then.... There are people.... Like you and me..." he said signing the scetch, tearing it from the tablet, and handing it to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Tue May 06, 2014 7:56 am

Anita smiled, relieved that he hadn’t taken her words to be strange. Or maybe he had and just didn’t say so. The woman watched as Ted pulled something from his jacket, and she smiled at his words. “Much like me and my garden, I suppose,” she said, her eyes on his busy hand though she couldn’t see what he was drawing.

I guess it does,” the woman said, a smile on her face. Anita wondered how she'd never noticed Ted while she was in school. For the later years of a time at Hogwarts, she had been a bit distracted by family life and the war. Somehow, though, she found it surprising that she hadn't even seen him before. In fact, she'd hardly paid attention to people in her own year let alone others. "So you moved to the Czech Republic after you left school? Did you work for the ministry there?" Anita tilted her head before adding, "Is there even a Ministry there?" She's never been to Czechia, though she often wondered what it was like. She had heard that it was a dark place on the wizarding side of things.

"I think you're right," Anita agreed, "For me, it's become the little things in life that matter." Raking her fingers through her hair, she placed her tea cup on the coffee table so that she could reach out and take the piece of paper from Ted. Looking at the drawing, she blinked a couple of times before she smiled, "That's really amazing, Ted! You did that in such a short time?" Holding it out, so that he could take it back, she wondered where he had gotten his talent.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 2:54 pm

"It's amazing what each person finds soothing. Whether it's a hobby or just something you do," he said, smiling the crooked smile that he used when friends. Anita had effectively gotten him to relax enough that Ted's natural nature was starting to shine through.

Taking a moment to simply look at his hostess, he was surprised that he hadn't noticed her through school. Granted, he was pretty involved with things and Andromeda, so, really, it wasn't a huge surprise that she slipped under his radar. Still, she was interesting, and lovely, on top of everything else. At her mention of moving to Czechia after Hogwarts, Ted shook his head. "Nah... I moved there after I started at Hogwarts. My sister figured that I might do better with more magical people when my schooling started up. So, I moved in with her. She owned one of the pubs there, and we lived in the flat above it. When school was in session, I was there, and during the summer holiday, I was with her," he explained. Running his hand through his dark hair, he added, "After Hogwarts, I got on in the Auror Academy and have been here ever since. In Czechia they have a branch of the Ministry that is tied to this one. Have you ever been? It really is quite beautiful."

Her reaction to the rose he had drawn made Ted grin. Flowers and nature had always been a favorite of his to draw, so, really, something like a rose didn't take much time at all. As she went to hand it back, he shook his head and motioned for her to keep it. "You keep it, Anita. The little things are what count in the big scheme of things. So many people forget that..." Ted commented. He was pleased that she liked the sketch. He wanted to say that it was the least he could do since he didn't have a real flower for her. Crossing his leg, resting his ankle on his knee, Ted tilted his head and asked, "You said you garden? What do you grow?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 am

Too right you are,” Anita said, running her fingers through her blonde hair. Anita smiled as she though of the well kept plants that clustered throughout her small backyard. Her mother had been the one to start the garden, as she’d had little else to do unless she travelled to muggle London. The woman tended to prefer her sanctuary, though she’d occasionally asked Anita’s father to move to a muggle area.

Dragging her thoughts away from her parents, which was a topic in her mind that she’d avoided for many years, Anita listened as Ted explained his time in Czechia. “I didn’t know that a student at Hogwarts could live outside of the UK,” she said. When he spoke of how beautiful the country was, Anita was genuinely surprised. She sipped at her tea before shaking her head, “No, I haven’t. I’ve always been too cautious about going there. I’ve never heard anybody speak so fondly of it, actually. Everyone talks of the darkness there, not the beauty.

The woman placed the drawing on the coffee table, well out of reach of possible spilt tea. “Thank you,” she said, smiling brightly. It was a lovely gesture, and she thought that it was very nice of the man let her keep the picture. Looking up, she grinned. “Well, my mother started the garden before I was born. I used to help her out there all the time. It’s mostly herbs and muggle plants, but there are some magical additions that I planted more recently.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 10:24 am

Ted shrugged. "It was nice living there during the summer months. I got to help out at the pub and see things that I didn't get to see while going to school here. Sure there is the darker side, I mean, they have a wizarding school there that is kind of like the flip-side to Hogwarts. But, not everything is all gloom and doom there. I even made some friends with the.... less dark wizards and witches," he told her with a knowing look. Alchemy had warned him that being Muggleborn there held a threat all its own, but there were somet that didn't seem to mind, and he had been fortunate enough to find some.

As she thanked him for the picture and set it aside for safe keeping, Ted smiled. He was glad it made her happy. "You're welcome..." he replied back softly, putting the tablet of paper and pen back in his jacket pocket. Hearing her speak of the garden she grew, Ted couldn't help but think of how similar it was to the Lupin's garden. "When spring comes, I would love to see it. Sounds like it's a nice balance between magical and mundane. I've never had much luck growing plants, but drawing them...that's another story all together," he said happily, laughing at his joke, as he glanced knowingly at the sketch. This was something he hadn't done in a long time, just sit and enjoy the company of a woman and feel so comfortable doing it. Any other time, he would be slightly on edge, but, oddly enough, Anita didn't cause that to happen. She literally felt just like an old friend he hadn't seen in ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Mon May 12, 2014 10:32 am

They do?” Anita asked. She’s heard about the school there while she was in Hogwarts, but she hadn’t heard much. There had been rumours about the Headmistress, but she hadn’t known whether to believe them or not. Apparently they didn’t allow Muggleborns there at all, unlike Hogwarts where they were welcomed for the most part. “I’m glad to hear someone with a different opinion on the place, actually. It makes it seem less frightening,” Anita said, running her finger gently around the rim of the tea cup. It was a habit that she’d picked up at some point in recent years. “Maybe some day I’ll get the chance to see it.

At the interest he seemed to show in her garden, the woman’s eyes lit up. “Oh, it’s lovely. At the moment, most of the most beautiful blooms are nowhere to be seen. You would be most welcome to see it in the spring, Ted.” She laughed and nodded, glancing at the piece of paper on the table, “I definitely agree with you. You’re amazing at drawing.” Anita wasn’t sure what surprised her more. The fact that he was actually interested in her favourite hobby, or the way that he spoke about coming back to see it at a later date. Resting her teacup back on the table, she looked over at Ted and asked, “So what else do you do? Apart from catching dark wizards and drawing, I mean?
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 12:59 am

Ted nodded and scratched his eyebrow with his thumb before answering her. "Wolfclaw Academy of Dark Magic... They teach things there that we only learn about here. Things like Occulmency and Legillimency.... Stuff like that," he told her, "I never went there, but I've seen images of the castle, and while dark, it's a very lovely place. Wouldn't be allowed there if I wanted to go. Being... Well, being of the family lines I am." Ted knew that the views of the Academy there was rather dark and haunting here, with good reason. It wasn't something parents of witches and wizards thought about: sending their children off to this super secret place to learn all sorts of dark magic. "Maybe. I actually think you would like it there. To visit anyways," Ted mused with a wink, picking up his cup and taking a drink.

Hearing that he was more than welcome to come back in the spring to see the flowers in bloom, he smiled happily. "I will make sure to make a note to remind me to come back to see them. Maybe I can draw some of them for you..." he offered in exchange for her inviting him back. Holding his cup and resting it on his knee, he thought about what else he could tell her about what he did. There were things that he couldn't tell her about what he did. Not now anyways.... "Not much really. Read, draw, work... Repeat. I cook sometimes..." he answered her with a shrug and a light laugh. "Not an overly exciting person, really. What about you? Other than gardening and hunting for teaching positions?" he asked in return with a smile. He found her very easy to joke with, to be himself with. Something he hadn't been able to be so quickly with anyone in a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Thu May 15, 2014 2:30 am

Anita’s eyes grew wide as she heard of the different things that were taught at the school. Yes, the idea of the place would have definitely scared her in her youth, but by the sounds of it they taught many useful things in the place as well. Her eyebrow furrowed, “Do they only allow Purebloods?” She smiled and nodded, “Well, I’ll add it to the list of places I’d like to visit. There are quite a few entries on that list, actually. I’ve only ever been in the UK or France.

The woman grinned, “Oh, I’d love that.” She was referring to both the offer of Ted drawing, as well as him returning. Her gaze rested on him as he seemed to think about what to say. Personally, she’d have had a hard time answering the same question if it were to be directed at her. She smiled at his answer, and shook her head. “Not any more boring than I am, don’t worry. For the most part, I’m here,” she gestured to the walls of the house, “I’m looking for any job, really. If I got out more, I’d probably find it a lot easier. I walk a lot, though. Mainly around this village, sometimes further.” She led a very slow life at that point. If she’d remained in England after school, she was sure she’d have been in a very different position in life. But she’d gained a lot by leaving, and was glad that she had. She laughed and added, “I’m very boring, you see.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 10:32 am

Taking a long drink from his cup, Ted nodded in response to her question about the school only taking those of a pure magical line, but then held up a finger to signal an edit to his answer. "Purebloods and Halfbloods, really... But, Muggleborns are definately a no to attend there," he told her with a shrug. Thinking about it, he was glad that Muggleborns didn't attend there as most, if not all, the families with children there saw witchs and wizards like him like the Pureblood extremists here did. He couldn't imagine a school full of them... "My list is rather long, too. Even longer now that France is added to it. Between there and here, I've not seen much else. But, have been to several places around here.... Scotland, Ireland, and the like..." Ted told her. He loved to travel, and being tied tot he groups he was, travel was a little trickier if he wanted to go simply for pleasure, but he managed here and there as he could.

"Then, with your permission, I will make sure to come back with spring hits to see your garden," he said raising his cup to her. Ted let out a hearty laugh at her comment about being a boring person simply because she was very much like him in what she did from day to day. "Nah... I don't think you are boring at all, Anita. Just lead a quiet life. Nothing at all wrong about that!" he remarked happily. Thinking about what she said about getting on anywhere, Ted made a mental note to talk to the Minister about a possible position there. Lisbeth was always looking for people that might make a good fit to work for any of the numerous departments there. Perhaps Anita would be a fine fit, too.

As the mantle clock chimed, Ted glanced to see what time it was, and his heart sank slightly. It was beginning to get late. Checking his watch against the clock he just looked at, he gave a small shake of his head. Setting his cup down, he looked at his hostess and gave her a gentle, crooked smile. "Miss Anita, as fine a time as we are having, I believe I should take my leave. I do have some other things to tend to before heading home," he told her simply, a touch of dissappointment on his words. Ted, really, didn't want to leave. He was enjoying her company very much, but he needed to stop by the office of his order before heading home. Standing and picking up his coat, he added, "I really had a good time talking to you, however impromptu it happened to be."

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Tue May 20, 2014 9:27 am

Anita listened to Ted's correction and she pulled a face. "Ah..." She wondered what the point of keeping Muggleborns out, but she knew that trying to work it out would get her nowhere. She got the part where a lot of people believed that children born of Muggle parents were not real witches and wizards, but she didn't think that it would actually be legal for them to force such children away. She'd heard of Durmstrang, where a rule much the same was enforced. "I have been to Scotland for school. I always looked out at the countryside going past the train and wished that I could explore it more. As silly as it sounds, since I have this handy thing called magic." She laughed at herself, but still knew that she wouldn't be travelling all too much until got her life figured out now that she'd returned.

"I will look forward to it," she said. Anita couldn't help but gently laugh, and she nodded. That was definitely a good way to look at things, she had to admit. Usually she just saw her lifestyle as unbearably quiet, but it definitely wasn’t the worst that it could be. And it was really her own fault that it was that way anyway. “I suppose that a quiet life isn’t a bad one to lead,” she agreed.

The woman couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed, but with a glance at the clock she rose from her seat. “I didn’t realise how late it was getting,” she said, an amused tone in her voice. They’d been talking for much longer than she’d thought. “I've really enjoyed having someone to talk to,” she said, placing her cup down and walking to the door. She opened the door and smiled, “Thank you again, for helping me home.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Ted smiled, hearing that she had enjoyed his company as much as he had enjoyed hers. "Don't hesitate to send me an owl or a patronus if you are in need of company. If I can, I'll be more than happy to oblige," he said tipping his head. He hoped that this wasn't the last he was going to see of this woman. Strangely enough, he felt drawn to her. Ted enjoyed how she made him feel, and after getting a taste, didn't want to simply let it go. "Likewise, Ma'am... Likewise," he said, and he slipped his jacket on and followed her to the door. Putting his hands in his pockets, Ted turned his green eyes on her and said, "You're most welcome. Careful where your feet take you. Thank you for tea and conversation. I look forward to next time..." With a wink, Ted stepped from her home, turning back to wave once, before heading off to see Luna.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2