Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

How the other half live... (Open, R)

2 posters

Go down

How the other half live... (Open, R) Empty How the other half live... (Open, R)

Post by Conrad Bishop Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:22 am

"Your late!" The voice of Greg, the establishments owner bore into Conrad's ears, as the all too familiar aroma of blood and sweat assaulted him as soon as he walked through the door. "Sorry, had stuff on" Said Conrad without looking up. He both loved and hated coming here. On the one hand, fighting was exhilarating. The rush of adrenaline when he is in that ring was almost like a crack high. But on the other hand, this is how he lives, how he survives. Walking through the crowd, hood over his head, he passed the rusted steel cage that he would soon be fighting in, in the center of the room. Walking straight past it, he walked into his usual changing room. Taking off his leather jacket, hoody, and t-shirt, he stretched his arms out to his sides. Tattoos overlapped with scars covered his body. Grabbing the boxing tape from the nearby desk he began to tape up his hands. Stopping just before his wrists, he saw the scars on his wrists and paused for a moment. Sighing deeply, he snapped out of his stupor and taped up his wrists as well. Hiding the scars more from himself than from anyone else.

Almost throwing open his door he walked briskly towards the door of the cage. Knuckles cracking, look of determination on his face, he entered the rusted behemoth strolled to his corner. Drowning out the cheers and the screams he listened out for his opponents announcement. Not even hearing it, he saw his opponent enter the cage, door slamming shut behind him. No announcement, he must be a newcomer... He thought to himself. This new guy worried him slightly, he was allot bigger than all of his previous opponents, but if he wanted to eat he had to get paid, if he wanted to get paid he had to win! As soon as the bell rang Conrad sprinted out of his corner, throwing his right fist forward he caught his opponent on the jaw, it barely rocked him. Recovering almost instantly, the big guy grabbed Conrad by the back of the neck and thrust his knee into his gut. Winded, Bishop was brought to his knees, which only opened him up for a punch directly to the face, splitting his eyebrow. Skull hitting the floor, Conrad grimaced. This guy was bigger, stronger, and tougher than he was. But, he was also slower. Realising this, Conrad grinned and forced himself to his feet, and leaned against the mesh of the cage. Raising his hands he beckoned to his opponent. The big guy graised an eyebrow, then grinned. Running towards Conrad he threw his punch, and it hit nothing but steel. Conrad was already behind him, ready to take out his knees. Sweeping the big guys legs, Conrad took a few steps back, then sprinted forward, stomping his opponents face against the steel. As the big guy hit the ground, Conrad left the cage, smile on his face. That guy may have been the biggest, but he was also the quickest win.

Slipping his shirt and hoody back on, he unwrapped his and walked over to the bar, perching himself on one of the stools. "Get me a beer, and some ice..." He said, still trying to catch his breath. As the beer hit the counter, he was also passed a flannel with ice wrapped in it. Pressing it against his eyebrow to stop the bleeding, he smiled to himself. "Well... that was easier than expected..."
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Unemployed
Blood Status: Muggleborn

Back to top Go down

How the other half live... (Open, R) Empty Re: How the other half live... (Open, R)

Post by Juliette Ambroise Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Juliette decided to surprise her friend, Conrad. After speaking to him a lot about random things, she was able to place where he worked. Pulling her hair into a loose curly bun, she sauntered into the building with leather pants and a dark brown corset. All together, the sweaty men watched as she searched for Conrad. Her brown eyes landed on him in the topless, tattooed glory and instantly a smile met her lips when she watched him finish up the fight. Oddly, the feeling of pride filled her bones and she followed silently behind him when he sat down on the stool. Slipping her arms around his waist, she rested her chin on his shoulder. ''And it was mighty impressive.'' She whispered into his ear and sat down beside him, flicking away his hand so she held the flannel onto the eyebrow. ''I could heal it you know...but from the looks of it, you enjoy scars.'' Juliette quipped, taking his beer and took a gentle sip before placing it back in front of him.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

House : Beauxbatons

Character sheet
Jobs: Headmistress
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

How the other half live... (Open, R) Empty Re: How the other half live... (Open, R)

Post by Conrad Bishop Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Jolting slightly as he felt her arms wrap around him, he calmed down as he recognized the voice. "Hey Juli..." He said with a grin. "How did you know I'd be here?" Wincing slightly as she took hold of the flannel, he mock gasped as she took a sip of his beer. Looking down at himself, then back up at her with a grin he replied "And why shouldn't I like them? They remind me I'm human..." Taking a sip of his beer his face fell slightly as he heard the footsteps of Greg approach. "For whatever he is about to say, I'm sorry." When Greg arrived, he slapped a stack of notes infront of Conrad and spouted "If you keep fighting like that, your gonna make me broke!" As he was about to leave he spied Juliette's outfit and grinned perversely. Placing his hand on the counter between Conrad and her he leaned against it and muttered to her "Hey sweet cheeks, if you want you could be making a little extra money yourself. I'm sure i could find you... something Conrad chirped up momentarily to say "These things don't tend to have ring girls, Greg..." Greg ignored this remark and continued "So what do ya say hun? You interested?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Juliette grinned even more, gently placing a kiss on Conrad's temple like she usually did. ''Simple...you weren't at the bar i met you at or at home so i just came here.'' She explained and winked at the mock gasp. She enjoyed their light conversations. It relaxed her more than he knew. Chuckling at his words, she shoved her shoulder against his and smiled even more. ''They're very nice but you should know you don't need scars to remind you. That's what I'm here for. To randomly tell you that you're human and not some alien.'' She teased him, her laugh coming to an end when someone came close to the pair. Smirking at his words to Conrad, her eyes narrowed slightly towards her friend and put on a flirtatious smile to Greg. ''Oh yes...I'm very interested. I mean....ring girls aren't my style but heck, fighting sweaty men in a ring sure is.'' Leaning in, she whispered into Greg's ear, her fingers lightly running down his chest. ''You see, dear Greg. I am not some woman who walks around a ring holding a sign up. I'm the women kicking ass inside the ring, yes in skimpy clothing but gosh, I have to look sexy. Maybe next time i'll be a ring girl but not today.'' She whispered into his ear, whilst squeezing his male parts almost in a vice like grip. Letting go, she spun in the chair and grabbed a beer she had ordered when she arrived, taking a long gulp and let part of the bottle slid into her mouth sexily with her red lips wide and slowly took it out. ''I've been here for...two minutes and i've already had the most delightful talk.'' Winking at Conrad, she smirked towards Greg awaiting his reaction.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Conrad held his breath, he had just witnessed the guy who was pretty much his only source of income (and was not really known for his mild temper) get made a fool of by a woman. How was he going to react to this. In anticipation, Conrad (ever so subtly) took the notes that had been put infront of him and slid them into his pocket. Gregs eyes widened, and his nostrils flared. However his response was unusualy tame, (for Greg atleast). "Alright bitch, you consider yourself the ass kicking type? i got the perfect opponant for ya... OX!" As soon as that name left Gregs mouth, Conrad slowly turned to look behind him with a pannicked look on his face. "Oh thats just mean..." He mumbled to himself as a near 7 foot jacked up black dude slowly stood and cracked everything he could possibly crack. As Ox walked towards the small congregation, Conrad leaned past Greg and whispered to juliette "Juli, if you value your un-broken face, you will not fight this guy!
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Juliette shot Conrad an apologetic smile whilst clasping his hand. Turning ever so slightly to stare at Greg with a look of disinterest. She immediately perked up at the idea of fighting someone. Staring towards her opponent, she let out a growl at Conrad's words. ''Conrad, my father put me in large arenas with large beasts and men like this. I'm pretty sure I can handle it and if not, you'll always be there to heal me.'' She said, standing up before planting a kiss on Conrad's cheek close to the corner of his lips. A sign of affection and trust. Her face met the middle of Ox's chest and slowly looked up. ''I see why you're called Ox...Jeez man. Lay off the steroids.'' She pointed out and cracked her neck.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:13 am

Hearing Juli tell him of how her father would put her in arenas with men like Ox, Conrad looked at her with a look of confusion and disbelief. "Now offence but, he sounds like a shitty father... I mean, not that I`d know but... ya know." As she kissed his cheek, his eyes widened slightly as he thaught to himself She so wants me... Looking on in both anticipation and concern, he watched as she stared down Ox. Ox watched her as she cracked her neck, a smile appearing in the corner of his mouth he lead her into the cage without saying a word. As the Bell rang ox did nothing. just held his arms out beside him, begging her to make the first move.
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Juliette chuckled and shook her head, a strand of her hair falling in front of her face. ''No. My father did it to strengthen me. He had an army. I had just myself.'' She tried to explain, seeing a tiny smile appear on Ox's face. ''Wish me luck?'' She joked, sliding into the steel cage that should've made her feel like a trapped animal but it didn't. Memories filled her when she heard the bell and narrowed her eyes, all kindness seeping out of her body. She walked sprinted forward, doing a zig zag; a method she used to confuse her opponent as to what side she went on to strike. But she chose no sides. She went in between his legs with a slide and jabbed the pressure points at the back of his knees so he'd fall.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Conrad got up and walked to the side of the cage, watching attently, he was odly protective over this girl. Maybe because she was the first true friend he had made in a long time. He was rather taken aback by her agility, so was Ox... at first. As he fell to his knees, he growled. Getting to his feet, he clenched his fists and spun around, trying to backhand her in the face, which he would follow up with a big boot to the ribs. Conrad almost couldnt look. He knew Greg was an asshole but this was to much. It was too far.
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Juliette, over the shoulder of Ox, winked towards Conrad. Despite seeing the hand come to her face, she allowed it to hit her and now with a red cheek, her aggressiveness only grew. Using her knee, she blocked the kick even though it caused her to stumble a slight bit. So slight it was un-noticeable but it still caused the headmistress to growl. Against the wall of the cage, she looked to see a small ridge at the top that would allow her to hold on and quickly jumping up, she kicked his chest even with the heels on her boots to push him away and let go off the ridge. Using this possibly dazed moment, her instincts pointed out all of the pressure points in his chest. This was her advantage. With lightening fast hands, she jabbed his 'Kisha' pressure point that caused temporary paralysis in that arm before striking the flat of his forehead with the palm of her head which caused concussion or worse due to how hard she hit.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:14 pm

About to wink back at Julliette, the wink turned into a wince as Conrad saw her get hit in the face. He was however impressed by her knowlege of pressure points and the surprising strength she possesed for someone of her size. Ox however, was less impressed. As his head snapped back from the palm to his forehead, his face twisted in rage. A little dazed, he clumsily braught himself to his feet. He was not going to be beaten by a girl! When he got the ceeling back into his arm, he went to grab Juliette around the waist and slam her against the cage wall. Holding her against the steel with one hand, he began to throw punches at her with the other. Conrad grimaced as he looked on, Juli was confident that she could handle herself. Conrad on the other hand, wasnt so sure...
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Juliette narrowed her eyes at Ox, her cheek was stinging but she shrugged it off. Smirking towards Ox, his angry expression only spurred her on more to beat him. Biting her lip hard when she was smashed against the wall, she allowed one or two punches. He made mistakes. Her legs were free and that was the most powerful part about her, especially with heels. Raising her foot, she clamped it against his crotch and raised herself, smashing her head against his which caused her no pain what so ever but thanks to her previous hit to his forehead, would knock his brain about some more. That was the moment, she wrapped her legs around his waist and with her body force, slipped out of his hands and over his shoulder, happily grabbing onto the sides of his head so he smashed into the ground.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:03 am

As soon as Ox hit the floor he was out, that last head butt had put his head into a spin. The bell rang, people cheered. Conrad was astonished at Juliettes abilities, swinging open the cage door he marched up to her, pickked her up and hugged her, laughing in amazement. "HOLY CRAP JULI, THAT WAS AWESOME!" He shouted over the crowd. Leading her out of the cage and towards Greg. "Alright Greg, pay up! She`s earned it!" Greg scowled as he took a stack of notes out from his jacket and reluctantly handed them over to her. conrad sat down on a barstool and pulled one out for Juliette. "Well, looks like drinks are on you..." He said with a wink.
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 am

Juliette stared down at Ox, the ring barely registering in her ears until she saw someone walking up to her. Looking up, her harsh expression immediately softened at the sight of Conrad and laughed when she was picked up. Hugging back, she beamed down at him whilst she was still in his arms. "Thanks!" She whispered into his ear so she didn't have to shout and allowed him to lead her out. "Sorry about your fighter, Greg..but thanks for the money!" She said, sliding the cash into her bra and sat down in the barstool with a click of her neck. "They were on me anyway. Remember when you're with me, I pay for your drinks. Hey sir, could I have some ice please and two beers?" She asks, immediately receiving them. Holding the ice to her cheek, she slid a bottle of beer at Conrad with a bright smile.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:00 am

"Oh I didnt forget, I was just reminding you..." He replied with a playful wink. As she held the ice to her face, he sighed and flicked away her hand in the same fashion she did to him Holding the ice against her face he grinned at her. As she slid the beer over to him, he took it with his free hand and slammed the cap of it onto the counter top to open it. Raising the bottle he simply said "Thanks..." with a friendly smile and took a sip. Resting the bottle on the table, he sighed and finally asked "So exactly how long have you been able to do that?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:25 am

Juliette rolled her eyes with a playful smile and allowed him to hold her ice pack. Taking the cap of her beer, she took a long gulp with a blissful sigh. The adrenaline from the fight was starting to wear off and she substituted the buzz with alcohol, calming her almost as much as her friends presence. His question did not shock but she took another sip of her drink. "Since I was 10. Trained early you see. My father hoped I would take his position some day so trained me up early. I beat my first person at 10 without getting injured and I perfected all the pressure points by the age of 11. I loved it..fighting gives me such a buzz but I love my job. Wouldn't trade it for fighting." She explained, resting her non injured cheek on Conrad's shoulder so he could rest his arm from holding the ice pack. She took the money out of her bra and sneakily slid into Conrad's pocket before smiling.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:11 am

As Conrad listened his eyebrows raised slightly, she had been training since the age of ten... ten! And this was with professional training, not trial and error like how Conrad learned. "You were training from ten?" He asked in disbelief."I always just taught myself, learned from experience and stuff but you? You had proffessional training!" As she rested her cheek on her should, Conrad instinctively put his arm around her. feeling her slip the money int his coat he grinned to himself and whispered. "Thanks Juli..."
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Juliette smiled at his reaction. ''Kind of...I did little bits and bobs before hand like Archery for example but proper hand to hand combat was at 10. I had education on weaponry and skills to use along with how to hunt. Whilst this was happening, I learned the ways of a lady. I know multitudes of languages..'' She continued with a faint blush. ''You got to learn from experience...make mistakes here and there. I had no room to breath let alone make mistakes. Had to be perfect..'' She said, biting the corner of her lip before feeling his arm around her. Nestling closer into his chest, she looked up at him with a smile at his grin. ''It's alright, Con..'' She whispered back.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:37 am

Juli talked, and Conrad listened. He was half amazed at her abilities and half saddened by her fathers intensity. Ignoring this, he smiled to himself as she nestled into him, resting his chin on her head he waited for a moment and the finally he finished off his beer and put the bottle back onto the counter with a thud. "Wanna get out of here?" he said simply.
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 am

Juliette smiled the entire time, enjoying the warmth of her dearest friend. Gulping down all of her beer, she rested it on the bar gently. The complete opposite to Conrad. Barely moving her head, she stared towards him and nodded. "That sounds great. Where to?" She said, sliding out of his arms with a bite of her lip and jumped off the stool. "The night is ours!" She exclaimed, her eyes brighter than they were when she arrived showing how happy she was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:44 am

Smiling, he offered her his hand and said "If I remember correctly, ive seen your home but you haven't seen mine..." With a quick wink he continued. "Don't worry, I have more drinks at mine." Grabbing his jacket from his stool he lead her out of the bar. The street was dirty and noisy, but to Conrad they were home. He would feel strange living in any neighborhood other than this one. As they began to walk down the street Conrad said to her quietly "Just a quick word of warning, my house isn't a palace in the middle of nowhere like yours. Just thought i should pre-warn you." After walking for around 20 minutes they ended up infront of a rundown apartment building. Stopping for a moment Conrad sighed and finally said "Well, we might as well go inside." Walking through the double doors into the apartment block, Conrad led Juliette up the stairs to the top floor, where his apartment was. Unlocking the door, he swung it open to reveal his crappy apartment. There was a two seater couch facing a small tv with a pair of jeans draped over the arm of it, and a t-shirt over the back. The kitchen and the living room were pretty much the same room with the only clue as to where the kitchen started was where the carpet stopped. To the left was two door, one leading to the bathroom, the other leading to his bedroom. Seeing his home again he instantly realised this was not the best place to take someone of Juliette's stature. "Well uh... here it is..." He said nervously.
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Juliette beamed with excitement to see Conrad's home and gladly took his hand, staring towards the ground to hide her faint blush. "Yiu better have more drinks. I want to have more fun." She said happily, following him with ease. The look on her face was complete awe despite the noise and dirt and laughed at his words. "Oh shut up..I don't live in a palace." Seeing the building, she tugged on his hand to make him take her to his place. Looking around, she released his hand reluctantly and let it run along the chair with a bright smile. "I love it. It's such a perfect size." She admitted and turned around to see how nervous Conrad was. "Whats wrong? Why are you nervous?" Juliette asked, walking up to him with a smile touching her lips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down