Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Making Due (Open) (PG-13)

Go down

Making Due (Open) (PG-13) Empty Making Due (Open) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Giving his neck a good crack as he neared the end of his warm-up, Conner let out a gentle sigh. Hogwarts wasn't a bad place, he reasoned, but he did miss some things about his home school, even if they had only been here such a short time. Mainly his daily routine of training... But, he was making due with what he had. Conner knew it was going to be something to adjust to, but he was adaptable.

Standing under a tree that was the perfect height for him, he jumped up slightly and firmly grasped the branch that made just the right pull-up bar for him. Beginning the string of the first set, Conner thought about how he had envisioned his last year of Wolfclaw to be a bit different. While the tournament was exciting, Conner was saddened slightly at knowing that his final year would be spent here and not there...

Back to top Go down

Making Due (Open) (PG-13) Empty Re: Making Due (Open) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Sierra watched as a Wolfclaw boy jumped up and grabbed a branch. He then began doin pull ups. . "Having fun, Muscles?" She laughed and approached the tree. She climbed up and sat on the bench he had a hold of. "Youre a wolfclaw, arent you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 am

Not breaking his focus at all, Conner glanced at the Gryffindor, at least he thought that's what the red symbolized for this school, approached him. "You could call it that," he answered back, keeping his rhythm perfectly. When the girl climbed up the tree and sat on the branch he was using, Conner let go  and landed on the ground. He could return to those sets later. "I am," he answered again, surprised that she figured that out as he was in his normal all black training clothes that gave nothing away as to what school he attended. "Hogwarts, right? Gryffindor?" he asked her, giving his back a twist, it emanating a loud few pops in response.

Last edited by Conner Raleigh on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:14 am

Sierra nodded, "Strong and smart. Not usually a compatible combination." She giggled and jumped down from the branch, landing gracefully on her feet beside him. "Im Sierra. Sierra Logan." She held her hand out and smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:30 am

Raising an eyebrow at the comment of brains and brawn being an unlikely combination, Conner shrugged and picked up his water bottle as she jumped down. She, obviously, hadn't met many of those that went to school with him. And, really, it wasn't brains that told him what school and house she was in. Glancing at the hand she extended, Conner opted to not take it. "Raleigh. Conner Raleigh," he said, putting the cap on his bottle and setting it back next to his bag. She was forward, he had to give her that. Confident, sure of herself... Since she had vacated the branch he was using, he jumped back up and picked up where he left off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:39 am

Sierra awkwardly brought her hand back and watched as he continued his set, "How many of those can you do?" She was curious as to what the normal amount for him was. He was strong. Had nice biceps and a killer body. But she had a boyfrien. For now. Things had been rough with David lately. "Whats wolfclaw like?" She asked to change her subject of though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:25 pm

"I can do what I need to. But, each set consists of 50 and I do 4 sets. You do the math," Conner answered her as he continued without missing a beat. Conner had been watched while he trained before, so her being there didn't phase him in the least. He simply kept his focus on both what he was doing and if she were to talk to him. Her next question had him tag curious to the list of things he knew about her. Already, she was painting a picture for him of just who she was. "Wolfclaw is much like here, though darker. Much, much...darker," he said dropping back to the ground. "You are familiar with Yin and Yang, the eternal dance between light and dark that brings balance?" Conner asked her, tilting his head slightly, observing her thought process as he waited for her answer.

Last edited by Conner Raleigh on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:31 pm

"Yes i am familiar with ying and yang. And 200 pull ups is very impressive." She smiled and jumped up to the branch so she wasnhanging from it. She did 5 pull ups before jumping back down. "Thats kind of my record. Im weak."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Conner held up a hand, his first and second fingers pointing sort of at her and corrected, "Yin... Not Ying..." Crossing his arms across his chest he watched as she attempted five of her own pull-ups. Raising an eyebrow as she hopped down and mentioned it was her records since she wasn't strong, Conner wasn't surprised. Training and being in the kind of shape he was in wasn't for everyone. Granted, if he needed to, he could do more than 200, but for now, that was his set. "Anyways... Wolfclaw to Hogwarts is much the same kind of concept. It's a hard school, with hard professors and hard subjects. Subjects not taught here..." he said matter of factly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:16 pm

"Oh right. I see. Do we are light and you are dark?" He then mentioned that they hadd different subjects. "What do you guys take. We have things like transifiguration, charms, defense sgainst the dark arts and herbology. Just to name a few." She smiled and rubbed the back of her neck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:02 am

Giving a curt nod, Conner said, "In a nutshell." Leaning against the tree, he propped one foot flat against it, keeping his arms crossed. As she rattled of a few of the classes they took at Hogwarts, he thought about the difference in the classes he took at Wolfclaw. He remembered seeing a catalog of all the classes her at Hogwarts and found it interesting that their roster was so different. "We have Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts. But, we also have Necromency, Legilimency, and Alchemy... Just to name a few..." he told her, echoing her last line. "So, you see... Opposites..." Conner added.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:20 am

"You guys actually teach Defense Against the Dark Arts. No offense, but you guys seem the type to use them more than defend them." She giggled softly and nodded, copying the position he was now i. "I see. Total opposites." She put her hands behind her head and leaned against the tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 am

Smirking, Conner replied, "Oh, we have a class for that, too. But, one must learn both sides of the coin to be balanced and well versed in what one is learning." Inside he was chuckling at the fact that here at Hogwarts they didn't seem to teach both sides, instead focusing on only one. Pity... As she took a stance just like his, Conner began to see the picture that Sierra was painting about herself. Everything she did only added more to what he knew about her. "Why are you out here anyway?" he asked bluntly. Ever vigilant of his surroundings, no one was ever out and about where he trained. Even today when he came out, no one was around. So, what was she doing in a place that was 'forbidden' to the students?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 am

"I see. It would be wise to learn both sides of the Dark Arts. Maybe you can teach me." She smiled and sighed, "I felt like going for a walk. I have alot I need to think about." It was true. "Me and my boyfriend just broke up. ANd now I have this new guy I like..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Giving his head a shake, Conner answered, "No. I cannot teach you. You are young and should your professors and Headmaster and Mistress hear that you are diving into knowledge that is not premitted at this school, it will reflect badly on you. Sorry." His words were wise and rang with truth. He was no fool. He knew this would be the case for this 4th year. Looking down at the ground, he listened as she told of what brought her to this place, of all places. "Walks are good for clearing the mind, or aiding in thinking. I'm sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend. Does this new guy know you like him?" he asked. It wasn't like he truly cared, but sometimes, to aid in thinking, voicing what's on one's mind helps with the riddling out of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:32 pm

"I guess youre right. Thanks though." She sighed at the thought of Hunter and David. "I honestly dont know what Hunter knows. All I know is that me and David are done. And I really like Hunter." She kicked a tree branch and lened against the trunk of the tree and let out a sigh. "Life is complicated."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm

"Preaching to the choir on that one, Miss Lion," Conner told her, resting his head back and looking up at the passing clouds. He knew all too well that life was complicated. His was more than most... Sticking his hands in his training pants pockets, he asked, "You think it's wise to jump from guy to guy so quickly?" He had already concluded that she was a girl like how such actions told, but that didn't mean she wanted to stay as such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:56 pm

"Im sure about Hunter. He is special. Something about him just... Im sure." She smiled and wished Hunter were there with her. Holdign ehr in his arms. "Dont you have someone youre 100% confident in. THat they wont hurt you? That you really care for?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Glancing at the younger girl, Conner gave a small nod. "I do, and I have her. I'm not as thick as you might think. I was simply asking.... Going from one guy to the next to the next like a bouncing ball creates reputations that tend to stick with a person like a second shadow. But, it's your life to do with as you wish," he said, pushing off the tree and shouldering his bag. He didn't know why he was wondering advice to this Gryffindor. Maybe he was trying to help her see reason... He didn't know. He would just come back later to train, as it didn't seem he was going to get very far now. "I'm sure I will see you around the castle, Miss Lion. Good day," Conner said, before giving a small nod and turning to head back to the castle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down