Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

The Halloween Masquerade Ball (1991/OPEN TO ALL)

+31
Kaida Kaliyah Grimm
Alchemy Lehnsherr
Luna Valkyrie
Carmen Thorne
Anette Mistle
Clara Nott
Mariya Gaunt
Elena Grindelwald
Endymion Snape
Amatus Servarion Rosier
David Shuter
Selena Snape
Neville Longbottom
Ian Mortinson
Vanessa Smith
Jace Di Angelo
Bill Weasley
Nana Satsuki Kurokawa
Alexis Gamp
Chase Lestrange
Tamriel Whitby
Pansy Parkinson
Kieran MacPhearson
Stacy Walker
Artemis Black
Allison Moody
Romulus Lupin
Ivy Crouch
Ember Shadow
Sophia Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
35 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Halloween Masquerade Ball (1991/OPEN TO ALL)  Empty The Halloween Masquerade Ball (1991/OPEN TO ALL)

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:42 pm

In Honor of our first year on Ties that Bind and as a family, your staff presents to you: The Halloween Masquerade Ball.

The ball is held in a undisclosed location in a castle in the country side of England. On the day of the ball each wizard and witch alike received a second owl which acts as a portkey to take them to the event. You are welcome to use one account to post with all your characters and encouraged to make others threads in the Major Events forum with side plots outside the ballroom.

All in attendance must wear a mask, its in the thrill of the unknown that we set the theme for this evening. Dance, eat, enjoy and make memories.

Thank you for being apart of Ties That Bind.

Venue :
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Unspeakable
Blood Status: Pureblood

https://tiesthatbind.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Halloween Masquerade Ball (1991/OPEN TO ALL)  Empty Re: The Halloween Masquerade Ball (1991/OPEN TO ALL)

Post by Sophia Gaunt Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Sophie entered the ball together with Magali and Marcus. Her date, Victor, was supposed to arrive with Nate. And Illiana, god knows where she was, but that was her brother's problem. Sophie felt so cool wearing the mask and everything. She looked around, to see if there were people she actually knew. She knew miss Amelia will be arriving later for she had some bussiness to take care of, but she was here today as their guardian since mum refused to attend. Just like Magali and Marcus, Sophie held herself high, as a royality should. She was also kind of ecited to see Mariya again and also Mall and his girl.
Sophia Gaunt
Sophia Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Wolfen

Character sheet
Jobs: On the run
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

The Halloween Masquerade Ball (1991/OPEN TO ALL)  Empty Re: The Halloween Masquerade Ball (1991/OPEN TO ALL)

Post by Ember Shadow Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Ember smiled at her beautiful sister Artemis as they found themselves at the castle. Ember went first down the stairs as Artemis tried to fight off her rare nerves. Holding onto the railing whilst a shy smile formed on her face. Taking a glass of champagne, she breathed deeply and tried not to smudge her dark red lipstick as she took a sip. It was strange..seeing people from a different school but they seemed interesting nonetheless.
Ember Shadow
Ember Shadow

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Crouch Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Ivy didn't have a date to the dance, but it didn't stop her from going. She knew that she'd have friends there, and it seem like something that would be fun, even if she didn't have a date. She wore a pink dress and mask, though she worried that it might have been a bit too much pink. Either way, she was ready to have a fun time. She walked down the entrance stairs alone, glancing around to see if she knew anyone there.
Ivy Crouch
Ivy Crouch

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Lupin Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Earlier that week: "Dad i'm not going to this dumb ass ball" Romulus said as he tossed the envelope on the floor. He had been summoned home just for an argument. "This ball is for good relations between ourselves and other countries. We are on the board that planned this! You are going!" Remus said his fist on the counter next to him as he stared down his son. "Boys please" Morgan laid a gentle hand on her Husband's arm. "We'll have fun Rom, and I already found a beautiful young lady to go with you" Romulus glared daggers at the pair. "I have no choice?" "None" Remus and Morgan chorused.

Romulus stood in the kitchen wearing a black suit, his long hair in a artful pony tail the mask he would wear hanging off his arm. Chandra danced into the kitchen her dress flowing "You look beautiful" he said with a warm smile, despite the fact he detested such events he was happy to see his sister smile.

Remus looked at his wife as he clasped a necklace around her neck "I fall in love with you more every day" he purred in her ear. It was true that each day he saw this blonde beauty she shone brighter then the stars. The doorbell rang and he turned heading down to the front room to answer, opening the door he smiled "Mira" "Remus dont you look dashing" the blonde wife of his best friend said kissing his cheeks. Remus hugged her tightly "We can't convince you to attend? Morgan could fix you up with a dress in a heart beat" he said "No not this time Moony, take care of my Serena though" Remus nodded knowingly as his eyes fell on Sirius' Daughter "Ms. Black" he said bowing with a smile on his lips "Uncle Remus" Serena giggled. Mira hugged her tightly "Be good, have fun and keep an eye out for Chandra" she whispered to her daughter "You look like a angel my darling your father is so proud" she kissed Serena's cheeks and hugged her once more before ushering her off to leave with the Lupins.

Leading the way into the kitchen he nodded when he saw both his beautiful children ready. Pulling morgan to his side with a powerful secure arm he nodded to romulus who held Chandra close with another arm Romulus smirked at Serena "looking good princess" he teased her, the girl was like another sister to him and part of his mind wondered who would be looking to claim her tonight. Morgan laid a firm hand on Romulus' arm The two men grasped the portkey letter.

One violent cyclone later the Lupin family plus Serena landed rather gracefully in the entrance hall of a grand castle. Fixing his mask to his face Remus looked at the four "Alright you lot have fun, if anything happens come find us okay?" when they nodded he said "We'll wait with you till your dates arrive then"
Romulus Lupin
Romulus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Sydney arrived in a blue dress that she bought before she left home and a silver and white masquerade mask. She was alone, which was no surprise. She didnt exactly like the fact that she was flying solo tonight, but she would learn to deal with it as the night progressed. She made her way over to the punch bowl and poured herself a cup. As she sipped her drink, she looked around to see who else was there. She noticed some kids who werent from Hogwarts. She assumed they were from that Wolfclaw school or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Moody Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Allison stood outside of the ball, waiting to enter. Her heart was practically beating out of her chest, and she couldn't have been more nervous. She was still surprised that she had managed to get a date, but she was happy that she did. Otherwise, she probably wouldn't have been going. She finally took a deep breath and walked in through the doors.

She looked around for her date, Bill. She didn't know him too well, but she hoped to get to know him better during the dance. She didn't see him, or anyone else that she knew for that matter. She continued to look around, hoping that she hadn't arrived before him.
Allison Moody
Allison Moody

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Lupin Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Decibel straightened his tie his mask hanging loosely in one hand he carried with him a delicate corsage of baby roses. Sauntering down the steps to the common room he waited, turning he watched as a group of girls came down the stairs all in dresses and rushing out the common room when his eyes saw her. "Misha" he gasped with a sharp intake of breath as he watched his girlfriend gracefully come down the stairs looking like the perfect picture of sophisticated grace. "you look stunning my love" he said kissing her gently. Smiling she said "Of course I do, how could I not?" shaking his head he smiled and presented her with the corsage, sliding it onto her pale wrist. "Thank you Dec" she whispered before looking at him "Ready?" she nodded in response as he put his arms around her then grabbed the letter off the table, with a swirl they landed safely in the entrance hall to the ball.

Emrys finished her sister's hair with a smile "Ready Cel?" she hugged her from behind and waited for her to nod, kissing her cheek she stood up and paused. "So you know how you love my wolf cuff?" she asked as she ignored her moody twin int he next room. "Yeah of course you always yell when i take it" the younger girl said. Crossing the room she slid the cuff over her sister's wrist and smiled "Lets have fun tonight? this will bring you good luck". Taking her hand the girls walked over to the mantel where the letter sat "HAVE FUN BEING A SAD SACK FELIX" Emrys yelled to a laugh from Celeste. Grabbing her sister tight around the waist she grabbed the letter. The two landed safely at the ball and she looked around "Wheres arty?" she mused walking down the hall she looked and didnt see any sighsn of her best friend. "Cel i think i know where Arty is i'll meet you in the ballroom" holding the front of her skirt she dashed down the hall towards the bathroom, pushing the door open she called "Artemis!"
Romulus Lupin
Romulus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Artemis was extremely nervous which was very rare for her. After arriving, she quickly rushed to the bathroom and sorted out her wavy hair. ''Wolfe..Breathe...'' She told herself before hearing a loud crash of the door hitting the wall. Laughing shakily when she heard Emrys, she slowly turned around and gasped at the sight of her. ''Emmy...You look...beautiful.'' She said, taking her best friend's hands to continue examining her. ''How are you?'' She asked, pulling her friend into a tight, bone breaking hug if Emrys wasn't used to it.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet
Jobs: Assassin/Psychologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Lupin Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:39 pm

She held her sister tightly "Arty calm down why are you so nervous?" she asked with concerned eyes.
Romulus Lupin
Romulus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Artemis gave Emrys a small smile. ''I want to be...perfect. I wanna make people do a double take and be like 'That's Artemis? the fuck?'. I'm just not good at this sort of thing.'' She said finally, staring at her and Emrys in the mirror.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Rowan checked herself once more in the mirror, tucking a piece of lose brown hair behind her ear. She had been surprised when Richardo had stopped her after Care of Magical Creatures class and asked her if she would go with him. They were friends, so she accepted. All he told her was he was wearing a red and black mask. To surprised him, she decided to dress to match his mask. Picking up her own mask and her letter, she went down the stairs and into the living room where her aunt waited. "Oh, Rowan! You look stunning! Whoever your date is, is a lucky boy," her aunt praised as she stood and helped her tie her mask on. "Thank you," Rowan said, a touch of pink coloring her cheeks. "Ready? Here we go," her Aunt said and took the letter as a swirling wind took them to the venue. Landing on their feet, Rowan's aunt straightened some stray hairs on Rowan's head before putting her hands on her shoulders. "Have a good time. See you when it's over," she told her niece. Rowan nodded and smiled before her aunt vanished with a pop. Stepping into the venue, Rowan swept the many faces for one with a red and black mask. Not finding him, she simply stood and waited for him to show.

---

Conner waited at the bottom of the stairs for Sin to appear. Straightening his tie for the hundredth time, he then went to fiddling with his silver cufflinks. What are you so worried about, Conner? Relax yourself! Hearing footsteps nearing the top of the stairs, he looked up and smiled the smile that he had adopted just for her. She was a vision in the dress she had selected. Bowing, Conner said, "My lady, you look stunning." Sin blushed slightly, pleased to see him smile. "You don't look so bad yourself. Shine up pretty nice," she said as she descended the stairs to him. Conner stood at his full height and gently reached up to stroke her cheek. "Ready?" he asked. "As I'll ever be," she answered. Reaching into his coat pocket, Conner removed his letter and put an arm around Sin's shoulders. With a pop they vanished and reappeared at the venue. Tying Sin's mask on her first and them his own, he kissed her cheek and linking her hand though his arm. "Let's go have fun..." he purred to her, and lead her inside.

---

Lara was nervous. She had arrived before her date that Mrs. Lupin said she would be going with, her son. As more and more people arrived, Lara kept looking to see if she saw her anywhere. when her bright eyes spotted Morgan, she smiled and moved through the crowd to see her. "Mrs. Lupin, you look stunning. As do you, Mr. Lupin," she greeted them both. "Thank you, Lara. You are beautiful," Morgan said as she beamed at the young Hufflepuff she had grown to know thanks to her help at the hospital. Putting a hand on Romulus' shoulder, she gave him a knowing look to behave, and pushed him towards Lara. "Romulus, this is Lara Crawley. She's in your year, and is your date for this evening. Lara, my son, Romulus," Morgan said, taking her hand from her son, and linking it in the strong arm of her husband. Lara smiled sweetly and nodded to Romulus. "We have potions together, but I'm happy to finally get to meet you outside of class," she said. It was a little odd being set up with a date, but she didn't mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Lupin Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:46 pm

"You do look perfect" she said kissing her cheek "Draco chose you because you made him stop and stare, your going to knock them all dead out there I promise"
Romulus Lupin
Romulus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Artemis' cheeks turned into a dusty pink glow. ''As do you, wolf sister...'' She kissed Emrys' forehead and smiled. ''I'm glad i have you Emrys...Let's knock 'em dead together. I'm sure Malphas can't wait to see you.'' She mused, gently touching the feathers on her mask.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Lupin Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Sin squeezed his hand nervously "yes lets have fun" she agreed though she couldn't beleive she was here with this wonderful man.

Romulus looked at the girl as she walked up to them nervously "Its nice to meet you" he said before offering her his arm "shall we?" he asked his devil mask firmly in place. Remus looked the two over "You have fun, come find us if you need anything, now I'm going to go dance with my wife." he looked at Morgan with a smile and kissed her lightly on the back of the hand "Come love"

As his parents left Romulus looked at Serena "Lara this is Serena my sis-my friend she's more like my sister though" he frowned as he looked at her "who is your date?" he asked with a protective tone.

Draco walked down the stairs of his home ready to leave "i'll see you there" he said to Nate with a knowing smirk "careful brother that Magali will eat you alive" he winked as he grabbed the letter on the table and with a swirl was gone. Landing at the ball he made his way to the stair case and stood there silently as he waited for his girl.

Emrys smiled "lets go find our boys" she said pulling Artemis behind her.
Romulus Lupin
Romulus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Artemis smiled nervously and wandered to the stairs, catching a glimpse of Draco's hair. Biting her light pink lips, she slowly walked down the stairs towards him, with her dress trailing behind her a little bit. ''Draco...'' She whispered softly, staring at the handsome man before her. She couldn't believe he was hers.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacy Walker Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Stacy had hard time to choosing to herself a prefect dress for this evening. At the end she did choose one yellow dress what she did bought few weeks before school. She did put it on and also added a little bit of makeup and then she brushed her hair. She didn't mess with them much, they were perfect already. She did put on her golden mask and then she went where ball did take a place, she had to go alone she had no to ask to be her date. She looked around there and wondered what she should do now. She soon walked towards the punch bowl. She soon reached there and looked at it, not so thirsty anymore.
Stacy Walker
Stacy Walker

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Lupin Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Draco looked at her his eyes widened, almost dropping the corsage he held he swallowed hard. "Artemis" he breathed "Salazar, darling you live up to the name of a goddess..." he stared at her opening shocked at how she could become even more gorgeous then before. Leaning forward he kissed her lovingly on the lips.
Romulus Lupin
Romulus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:08 pm

"Stacy!" Sydney shouted when she saw her friend from the Quidditch game between her and her friends. "Hey you look awesome." She hugged the young girl and sipped her drink, "Are you here alone?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieran MacPhearson Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:08 pm

I hope Briana will enjoy this ball as much as she can. Kieran thought as him, his lovely girlfriend and their daughter Chase were approaching the castle. "This will be a wonderful evening. I feel it." Both Briana and Chase were looking wonderful in their beautiful dresses. "Well, here we are. Let's remember tonight for the rest of our lives." Kieran smiled took Briana's and Chase's hand and entered.
Kieran MacPhearson
Kieran MacPhearson

Character sheet
Jobs: in ministry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Avalon walked, or rather strutted, into the ball. She hadn't seen most of her school friends since she graduated, but she hoped to reunite with the few friends that she had. Avalon had become much more of a socialite than she had been in school, so she hoped to make a few more friends during the night. She didn't have a date, but she didn't let that stop her. She was sure that everyone would be showing up with their new spouses and even children, but she wasn't the kind of girl that needed to flaunt her success. Which was good, considering that she hadn't had much success...in anything. She looked around to see if she recognized anyone, but she didn't. And so she wandered and waited until she saw any familiar faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Artemis blushed a little more. ''Why thank you...'' She whispered softly before kissing him. She looked him up and down and a smirk formed on her face. ''You clean up very nicely, Draco...'' She told him, kissing his lips once again.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Lupin Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:16 pm

He smiled happily at her before remembering the corsage with a purple rose "I hope you like it" he said smiling as he slid it onto her wrist.
Romulus Lupin
Romulus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacy Walker Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:16 pm

"Hey, Sydney," she said with smile to her when she basically shouted her name out. "You look awesome too," she said back to her and she didn't lie. "Yes, I'm alone," she told her and you could her some sad notes in it. "What about you?" she asked back.
Stacy Walker
Stacy Walker

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Artemis smiled at the sight of the corsage and kissed Draco's cheek. ''I love it...thank you..'' She said, touching the rose softly.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next