Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

The Black Ball (open to students)

+5
Kestrel Olander
Marvolo Gaunt
Dorea Potter
Katrina Lestrange
Luna Valkyrie
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Black Ball (open to students) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Black Ball (open to students)

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:38 am

Andromeda loosened her position at the door as she watched Dorea's magic decorate the office with clothes. She gave off a mere smile and hummed, "hm-hm." Andromeda nodded to Dorea once again as she left the room and closed the door behind her. The sight of only a less than a handful of students disappointed her, and then a plan sparked into her head. Andromeda strutted from the foyer of the wing towards the windowed area where the musical instruments lay before the partitions. Andromeda cleared her throat once to get the attention of the staff that was present.

"Mourna and Kreacher- when you are done with your current tasks, please take the honor in illuminating our historically significant lake," Andromeda asked them in a commanding tone, "and the rest of the elves- please bring our selected guests to this room along with a flavorful piece of attire. Thank you!" She gave them all a peaceful nod as she pulled out her wand. With a wave of it at the musical instruments that lay behind it, the room was instantly fulled with a refined version of wizard's music. It had the beat of an everyday song, but the tempo of it was slowed slightly.

Back to top Go down

The Black Ball (open to students) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Black Ball (open to students)

Post by Katrina Lestrange Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:41 am

Celania gave Luna a skeptical look. She did not look the least bit alright, but perhaps she was. "I'm Celania, nice to meet you," she said smiling. She glanced back at Morgan. "It was great," she said grinning. "I didn't go too far, but any bit of change is nice. How was yours?" She directed the question to both Luna and Morgan. When Celenia turned back to the room, bars were structured on the surrounding walls decorated with a multitude of dresses. "As always, nothing but the best from you Aunt Dorea," she said to the woman, taking in the dresses. Celania put a hand on her chin in thought. "I have no idea where to start," she murmured to herself.

Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:13 pm

"Mine was fine. Well, up until the end..." Morgan said as she started to go through the dresses on the racks. There were so many! She glanced again at Luna. She figured that there really was something up and she wasn't alright, but that was Luna's way. Hopefully, Morgan would get a chance to actually talk with her about what was going on. "Luna, Celania, what color are you two going to look for?" she asked turning back to the dresses. Morgan was about half way through the first rack, when she paused and pulled a purple dress out to get a closer look. "This is stunning!" she said, and took it to Dorea for help with fitting. "May I wear this one?" she asked meekly, grey-blue eyes shining with anticipation.

Dress Selection:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina Lestrange Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:04 am

Celania adopted a frown but didn't press on. Perhaps it was something to do with her family; afterall, she could only guess what went on in the Prince household. "I don't know, maybe green or blue." She lightly fingered a couple of dresses before moving on. She looked over at Morgan's exclamation. Her gaze swept over the dress in her hands. "That's gorgeous, it'll look great on you," she smiled before continuing her search. Several times she passed over a certain black dress and she finally pulled it out. It instantly caught her eye but she wondered if it was just a bit much. "No?" She asked no one in particular.
Dress:
Katrina Lestrange
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:33 am

Luna shrugs and looks around with her eyes sparkling. She finds a creamish White one with black lace around the chest. She picks it up and falls in love straight away. She checked the size and it was hers, she grins. She holds it against her at her reflection in the mirror, her blue eyes shined brighter. "what do you think? Yeah it looks like a wedding dress but it seems...right. Oh I love it..." She just stares at her reflection and couldn't even look away. She wanted to put it on but then her gaze looks at her face. She sighs and touches the cut on her cheek. She shakes her head and stands taller with a smile.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Sirius was, along with James, about to prank Peeves. But the bastard kept running off. While James seemed to head off to go talk to Regulus, for a reason even Sirius wanted to ignore. Prank him. As James left, Sirius went into the Gryffindor common room. When he arrived, Alexander sat there, quietly. That was until Kreacher appeared and dragged him off. "What in the..." Sirius took out his wand, and revealed the apparation trail. "The hospital wing? Fine..." Sirius turned into a white mist, and reappeared at the door of the hospital wing.

After peaking, he quickly opened the door. "Alexander? What are you doing here? Why did that godforsaken elf bring you here? Kreacher? Kreacher? Where are you dammit..." He talked to his fellow Gryffindor. Sirius wasn't sure about what was going on, but for Kreacher to be there, he figured Walburga was probably close. Not liking this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Narcissa appeared at the door to the hospital wing, her arm being held by a house elf, clearly indicating she was brought here by it. She was already dressed for the occasion, her dress matched her personality perfectly as well as complimented her finer attributes. The house elf left her side, no doubt having other tasks to complete. As Narcissa entered the room she held herself with confidence although her eyes scanned the room being observant yet slightly confused as to everyone's presence, hers included.

She had been surprised when the house elf who brought her appeared at her bed side with a gown, indicating her to put it on. She hummed a bit to the music, swaying just enough that her dress moved but not enough to be considered dancing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Marvolo left the corner she had been standing in appraising the decor as Sirius entered the room. She sauntered over to him with a devlish smirk, she knew he had never seen her in something so provocative before. "Sirius" she said her smile oh to innocent "Late as always, Andromeda will not be pleased"
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: Unspeakable

https://tiesthatbind.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:18 pm

The clicking sound startled Leo, enough to wake him from his (admittedly) light sleep. Though the Hufflepuff had yet to cross paths with a house elf, he was not the least bit surprised at the sight of the creature waiting beside his bed.

"Hello," he said wistfully, sitting up in his bed only to have a bundle of fabric thrust into his arms. They were robes, but unlike the ones he wore for class, they were particularly fancy. Without question, Leo outfitted himself before having his arm snatched by the elf. He arrived at the Hospital Wing after a very uncomfortable mode of transportation, no doubt with plenty of questions. The first one being a wonder filled: "That was magnificent! Can we do it again?" The second being a confused and very obvious: "Is this a party?" To which he sincerely hoped the elf would reply, as Leo began to realize what a silly question that was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Sirius kept looking around. Where in the hell was that devilish creature known as Kreacher? His attention was brought over to whoever talked to him. "Listen here..." He looked at whoever talked. "M-...Marvo...Marvolo?" He stared at her. Looking down and up. "You look stunning..." Sirius offered his hand. He didn't want to go anywhere far from that. If Sirius did as much as hug her, he'd go crazy about everything. And he had to respect Morgan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Marvolo took his hand with a smirk, using it as leverage she pulled him into a hug and kissed him on the cheek before releasing him, the whole act appearing innocent. "Its good to see you here, your actually taking interest in family events for once."
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Sirius was about to happily shake Marvolo's hand, when he was pulled over. He nearly fell over Marvolo, as he felt a tap from her lips on his cheek. He rubbed his cheek when she released him, and hoped no one would think that was something else. "Actually, I'm here because I saw Kreacher. Otherwise I wouldn't really be here. And now that I checked that every th-...wait a minute! Family events? What are you talking about?" Sirius asked, with a confused look on his face. He really didn't feel like being there, but now he was a bit curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:34 pm

"You don't know?" she asked placing one of her hands on her slender hip "Andromeda is hosting the annual Black Ball, this would be the fourth I am attending and her first year playing hostess"
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:43 pm

"Black Ball? Why does that seem racist towards mudbloods as usual." Sirius commented. "You'll totally like it. Wait, Andro is hosting it? Oh..." Sirius scratched his chin. If Andromeda was involved, he knew it'd get much less inconvenient for the other blood races. "I still find it boring." He yawned a bit. "Is Morgan here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:44 pm

"My opinion on blood varies from person to person" she said with a shake of her head, "Indeed she is inside the office finding a dress to wear, Andromeda has came to her rescue"
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Luna came out from behind a curtain in the creamy white dress, the chest area covered in black lace. Her brown hair was wavy and it framed her very bright blue eyes that looked fake. She looks into her reflection and a faint blush appeared on her pale cheeks. She turns to see Sirius and a hufflepuff she's never met. She wrings her fingers and shuffles on the spot. "Hows this?" She asks, looking at everyone shyly.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:14 pm

"Right. It varies. From muggle born to muggle born. Like Lily." Sirius had probably never committed to a relationship with Marvolo, or tried to, because of her views on Muggle borns. Sirius was pretty sure he liked her in the year prior to 1977. But now, only a small attraction remained. "Then I'll stay. No harm in waiting for her." He looked the other way and leaned against a wall. Quietly waiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 pm

"Really I have no opinion on blood I never have, if you act like scum then you are scum pure or muggleborn. Mudblood is just a good insult ot use when the moment arises, and If you neglect to remember I am on good terms with Ms. Evans we have hung out a few times even before I got to know you" she smiled before turning her eyes on the hufflepuff girl and with a broad grin she nodded "Luna you look astonishing" she said
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Lunas faint blush deepens and she smiles. "Thank you Marvolo. You look so beautiful!" She says looking at her with a smile. She turns to Sirius and smiles. "Hello Sirius. Morgan's just in there picking a dress." She tells him. "Please look after her...she's my best friend and just an amazing person. I surprisingly trust you so yeah. Thanks for making her happy too!" She grins at him and fiddles with a bracelt.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Olander Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Kestrel was roused from sleep by a faint clicking sound and she turned over to see an elf by her side. "What..." she murmured groggily before a dress was thrown on the bed. She yawned and sat up taking the dress in her hands. It was gorgeous and it captured her love for older styles. That being said, she couldn't wear something so outdated in public. But the elf seemed to be insisting that she put the garment on for some reason and she had nothing else to wear besides. So she sighed and removed herself from the bed to put the dress on. She left her hair pinned to the side in its usual style and turned back to her present company. The elf grabbed her arm and the next second they were no longer in the Ravenclaw dorms but some other wing of the school unknown to her.

She heard the notes of music from the other side of the door and she pushed it open. She was greeted by the sight of what seemed to be the makings of a gathering and other students dressed up as well. She noticed that no one from her school was there as of yet. Kestrel moved closer to the handful of students. "Um excuse me, would you mind telling me why I'm here." She glanced around once more. "And where here is exactly," her voice still laden with sleep and that point being punctuated by a yawn.

Dress:
Kestrel Olander
Kestrel Olander

House : Araneae

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:34 pm

"Don't worry sweetie, he will look after her or he'll have to dance with me and there is one thing for sure" she said kissing Sirius on the cheek again "You do not want to dance with the devil"

A girl walked in looking sleepy and confused "Kestral, your one of the other champions" she said then smiled "this is the hospital wing but your here for a sort of underground ball"
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Alexander was still sitting on the window sill, but decided it would probably be better if he just watched for now, since everyone else seemed to know each other. He knew of Sirius since he's been quite.... well, famous amongst everyone else, but other wise... it was just him and the has-been from Hufflepuff that Alex knew. And many of the people showing up were pure bloods. He had heard enough about them to be sketchy around them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Luna turns to look out the window to seen Alexander, the kid who called her an old hag. She looks at him closely and walks to him, dress flowing behind her. "Hello Alexander. I just wanted to say...I'm sorry for the way I acted around you and for pissing off some snakes that went after you...I really am sorry and I hope we can pass this rough patch." She looks at him with hopeful crystal blue eyes that looked like the moonlight reflecting off water. She tucks a wave of hair behind her ear and leans against the window sill, still looking at him.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Alexander had to do everything he could to not blush. "Uh. Yeah. Sure." was about all he could get out of his mouth. He tried to maintain eye contact and keep himself under control. He wasn't about to let this get the better of him. After a moment, he couldn't hold it any more and finally glanced away from her, scanning the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:38 am

Luna smiles happily and couldn't help it. She wraps her arms around him. "Oh thank you Alexander! I felt so bad and I've been trying to find you to apologise then." She releases him and kisses his cheek softly noticing the slight blush causing her to grin. "Again thank you...be sure to save me a dance of course. That is if you are staying for the party..." She smiles at him happily glad the could try to be friends.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:21 pm

After Morgan slipped into her purple dress, she cast a spell on her blonde hair causing it to curl and frame her face. It also produced a hair pin to match her dress and pinned the left side of her hair up and out of the way. She took a look in the mirror before exiting the office. Morgan was stunned to see so many more people had arrived since she had entered the office. Morgan spotted Sirius and blushed in spite of herself. She didn't know if he knew she was here or not, so she figured she would let him discover her on his own.

She walked over to Luna, grinning to herself, her black kitten heels clicking lightly on the floor as she walked. She couldn't wait to see Sirius' face when she spotted her all dressed up. "Luna, you look stunning! This dress is so.... you," Morgan said brightly, wanting to let Luna enjoy the party and not bring up the fact that she noticed something was off. When she spotted a young Gryffindor she had only seen in passing, she held out her hand and said, "Hi, I'm Morgan. I don't think we've met."

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Luna turns to see Morgan and she gasps. "Morgan...you look..beautiful! Thank you and if only I didn't have these bruises." She points to her bruised eye and cut cheek. She shrugs and grins. She looks around and nudges Morgan slightly. "Bet ya can't wait to dance with Sirius then." She winks and laughs. "I just wanna dance!" She spins around like She's doing ballet as she's in barefeet. Her dress flows around her and she gives a bright smile whilst her eyes sparkle like the way the moonlight shines on the water. She keeps dancing around where she stood, happily but wishing Achilles was there.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next