Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Hanging In the Balance (Open)

Go down

Hanging In the Balance (Open)  Empty Hanging In the Balance (Open)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:08 pm

"Comfortable, Conner?" Morgan inquired as she helped the Emperor lean back against his pillows that propped him up after his walk around the wing. "Yes, Ma'am. Thank you," Conner answered the healer, settling back with a sigh. It had been nearly a week already since the task with his Peruvian Vipertooth, and while he felt mostly fine, other then growing fatigued much quicker then usual thanks to the potent venom he took to the face, Conner's only concern was over his sight and whether or not he still had use of his eyes. It had been touch and go for the first three days as his body, with the help of Lady Lupin, rid itself of the toxic death that invaded it. High fever, shakes, pain, the inability to keep anything down... Thankfully, he felt himself growing stronger each day.

"Feel up for visitors should any come to call, today?" the healer asked him. With his condition being as tricky as it had been, the first few days, anyone who came to check on him was turned away. However, Morgan made sure that as much information about how he was doing was readily available for those who asked. Nodding, Conner answered, "Visitors would be nice. It's ok now?" Morgan smiled and answered, that smile in her spoken words, "I think it will be alright. You've been stable for the past day or two. Plus, I imagine being around your friends might help lift your spirit a bit." Conner smirked and nodded in agreement. Feeling her hand on his shoulder, he turned his head as if to look at her, but saw only the blackness behind his eyelids as he sported a white bandage that held the salve from when she healed him right off in the champion's tent. Twice a day, Morgan changed his bandage, and each time, Conner wasn't permitted to open his eyes. "If anyone comes, I'll send them in," she cooed to him. "Thank you, Ma'am," Conner answered with a sigh.

Resting his head back, Conner imagined what the ceiling looked like and wondered when he would have his answer about his sight. Patience was his forte, but this... This was hard, even for someone like him...

Back to top Go down

Hanging In the Balance (Open)  Empty Re: Hanging In the Balance (Open)

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Laureth had been pacing outside of the hospital wing most of the day like she had for the past week. She had recently just sent Dahlia and Lethia to bed due to her staying up all day and night worrying. She was beating herself up...whilst worrying about her vision, she didn't even try to focus her energy on Conner to see if anything would happen. 

Finally hearing the healer, Morgan speak to Conner about visitors, she swelled at the fact Conner agreed to see people. Leaning on her staff, she clicked her fingers and the door slowly opened, allowing her entrance. Gripping onto the main desk, she furrowed her brow at the hospital smell she quickly got used to when she was younger. ''Healer Lupin? I am here to see Conner Raleigh...again.'' Her calming voice filled the air and she chewed on her bottom lip, head turning this way and that to feel for Conner's energy. Now locking onto it, she sucked in a breath and prepared to see him.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

House : Araneae

Character sheet
Jobs: Head Healer
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Glancing up as the doors opened and Miss Erben, who had been by every day since Conner's admittance, walked in, Morgan smiled. "You are in luck today, Laureth. Conner is well enough to have visitors, and has agreed to see people," she told her. Stepping around her the desk, Morgan lightly took the girl's arm and lead her to Conner's area. "You didn't have to wait long, Mr. Raleigh. You're first visitor..." she told him before bringing several chairs up for Laureth and anyone else that might come by. "If you need anything, just give a shout," Morgan added before silently slipping back to the nesk at the front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Laureth almost flinched at the touch before gladly allowing the gentle woman lead her. ''Thank you, Healer Lupin.'' She said with a bow of her head. She stood at the edge of Conner's bed, her hand holding onto the railing as she felt Morgan move away causing her to let out a breath. ''Conner..'' She let out in a shaky breath and quickly moved forward, gently pouncing on her dear friend.  That's when she felt it and saw in her mind the past week. What happened with the dragon, the concern over his eyesight but then the strength. ''I'm so glad you're allowed visitors...I think I would've gone insane a day longer.'' She whispered into his ear, sitting up and resting her hand on his. ''How are you feeling? Are you comfortable? Do you want some czech chocolate? I was just about to ask if you knew where you were but seeing as you've been here a week...with a healer it's kind of obvious. Silly Laureth...'' She scowled, taking another deep breath before pulling out a large bar of classic czech chocolate to place it on his bedside table.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Nodding to Lady Lupin when she announced that he had someone coming to see him already, Conner managed a small smile. Hearing the voice speak his name before being lightly pounced on, causing him to let a chuff of air out at the contact, Conner replied, "Laureth?" It wasn't until she started really talking that he knew that he had been right in his guess of who it was that he couldn't see. Lightly putting his hand on her arm at the onslaught of questions, he chuckled lightly. "I'm feeling alright, a bit better everyday. Same with the comfort level. Lady Lupin is taking good care of me, I promise," he answered her quickly to put her mind at ease. The mention of the savory treat she offered made Conner's mouth water at the thought of it, but made his stomach twist slightly. "I will have to take you up on the chocolate later, Laureth. But, thank you," he told her. It had been a hard few days, and he really didn't want to chance anything when he seemed to finally be on the mend. "I'm glad you're here. How are you and the others? I'm sure you've all been sick with worry, and I'm sorry for that," Conner told his dear friend with a small smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Laureth furrowed her brow slightly when he could not tell who it was as it did remind her of when she was only partially blind and forced to wear a bandage around her eyes to get used to complete blindness. The memory nicked at her worry but still, grew a smile. Covering his hand on her arm, she nodded happily. ''I'm glad of that. I will have to thank her properly another time.'' She mused, patting his hand as she took in everything that attacked her mind. Chuckling at his reply to the chocolates, she smiled even brighter. ''It's quite alright. They're on the side for later. I got sent loads of them by my grandfather so i wouldn't get so home sick..and because of my chocolate addiction.'' She joked. Everyone knew her love for chocolate was very extreme and when she wasn't playing with magic or fretting over things, she was eating chocolate. Lacing her fingers with his in a comforting way, she let out a smooth sigh. ''I've been fine. Headaches of course but fine...and the others are okay. Lethia is sleeping now under my orders as she's been pacing outside the past few days and Sin is okay but extremely worried about you. I think she's asleep as well but i'm not entirely sure. I've not felt or heard her today but then again, I've been pacing outside before rushing in to see you. Chimera has also been pacing along with whining at the Hospital Wing doors.'' She reported back to her friend, hopefully easing his mind. ''Don't be sorry, Conner...Please..'' She said, turning her head to side as guilt for not seeing this attacked her once more.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:59 am

Chuckling at Laureth's response about the chocolate that he fully intended to eat later, he couldn't help but think of her intimate love of the sweet treat. "I think addiction is putting it lightly," Conner teased her. Locking fingers with her as she took his hand, he listened as she updated him on how everyone was. He had been right in thinking that a fair few were more then just a little concerned about him. "I'm glad you sent Thia to bed, and I hope Sin is sleeping as well... Pacing outside doesn't do anyone any good... You included," he told her. Had he not been bandaged up, Conner would have winked at her, not that she would have been able to see it, but that didn't matter to him. "I would have loved to see their faces when they saw her pacing and keeping watch over everything out there. You'll have to bring her next time," Conner told her before adding, "Alright. I won't be sorry, but, Laureth, what troubles you?" He might be unable to see her, but he could feel something was up with his friend. Her telling him about the others did put his mind to rest, but he was concerned for her now. "What is it?" he asked gently, putting his free hand over their joined hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 pm

(OOC: Whilst i write this, I'm actually drinking chocolate milk. >_>)

Laureth beamed at the chuckle. It meant he was better...not so worried or at least forgetting the issues even for a small while. Laughing at his comment, she shook her head. ''You know me too well.'' She joked, enjoying the warmth his hands provided. She loved her brother and knowing he was here tugged at her heart. ''Yeah..Thia was adamant on not sleeping but I mentioned Archard was probably waiting to see her, she almost ran off. Pacing is good! Works those leg muscles!'' She jokes, her white eyes pointing in the direction of his bandage. 

Chuckling lightly, her spare hand covered her lips thinking of Chimera scaring people with her pacing. ''One person was trying to shoo Chimera away obviously not knowing she was mine. Chimera just kept whining and scratching at the doors. I can get her now if you'd like?'' She asked with a raise of her eyebrow, knowing the dire wolf's face was most likely pressed against the doors. Laureth could hear the whining from there. Her head shot up towards Conner but was not startled by his question. With how long they've been friends, he was bound to be connected to how she felt. That's when she let out a shudder of emotion. ''I didn't see it, Conner...I-I didn't see what would happen to you. I've been training to focus my ability so i can see what i want to see along with a few random visions. I focused on you and didn't see anything! I should've seen it...and prevented it. Now you're here harmed.'' She whispered shakily, thankfully he was holding her hands or every part of her would've been shaking.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 pm

(OOC: I LOVE IT! xD)

"Archard is a good motivation for her, apparently. I will have to keep that in mind when she's not listening," Conner teased with a smile. He was happy for his cousin. Archard deserved a good girl, and Thia fit the bill. "Lots of things work the leg muscles, Laureth. Pacing included, but pacing can also brew worry... And, you can't tell me that you and everyone else are, or were, worried as you were working those legs of yours," he added with a hearty laugh, followed by a small collection of coughs, normal for the state he had been in.

The picture he saw in his mind of the wolf keeping careful watch over the door that separated him form the others was rather entertaining, and, really, he wasn't surprised that many tried to make her leave. "I think they are just not used to such a large wolf being around as a companion. I've not seen any other then the ones that came with us," he told her, "If you'd like, she's welcome to come visit, too." Conner loved Chimera, especially since she cared for this girl that was as good as a sister to him. And, knowing that she was just as concerned over him added a certain special something to their relationship. Chimera was, in a way, his keeper, too. As he waited for her to answer his question about what was on her mind, Conner's brow furrowed when she began telling him. "Hey, hey, hey!" he said pulling her into a tight hug as she rattled off all the guilt she felt at what happened simply because she didn't see it. "It's ok, Laur. It's ok... Even if you had seen it, there might not have been anything you could have done. It was an accident. I'm alive, right? That's what counts," Conner reassured her, holding her tight and letting out a small, soft sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Laureth agreed. Ever since Lethia realized Archard was the one for her, it's been the happiest time of her life. Now, she also has some place to go instead of her fathers. That was an upside. ''Of course i was worried about you. I still am and I will be until you're out of this hospital wing. I bet you're sick of that hospital smell already. I was when i was cooped up in the hospital.'' She muttered, breathing in the stuffy air. She rubbed his arm whilst he coughed, nodding slowly. ''Just one moment..'' She leaned down, pecking his forehead above his eyebrow as her aim was off and slipped off the bed, waving her hands at the door causing the white wolf to rush in. The doors slowly closed again and Chimera whined on the other side of the bed, rubbing her face against his side. ''Silly wolf...and yes, Chimera is one of a kind along with the other dire wolves.'' She said.

After explaining what was on her mind, Laureth was surprised at the tight hug but welcomed it, leaning into his chest and laid down on the hospital bed with him. ''It's not okay and you know it...I could've stopped it! I could've warned my mother and she could've at least took precautions!'' She didn't care she mentioned her mother, having been a secret and bit back sobs. ''I'm so glad you're alive...but you're hurt and worried yourself but you're trying to be so strong for everyone.'' She muttered, taking in his warmth that comforted her. ''I don't know what any  of us would've done if you didn't survive..These stupid tournaments...''
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 am

"I'm not surprised, at all," he mused when Laureth confirmed that she was worried and would remain as such until he was discharged. Likely, so would Sin, Archard, and the lot of them... "The smell isn't really all that bad. Lady Lupin tends to keep fresh air coming in however she can, which helps. I think she might not be a fan of the typical scent that comes with a hospital wing, either," Conner added, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand before letting it fall. No one could say that the Head Healer was typical of others in her trade. Many would just assume keeping everything as closed up and 'safe' as possible. Even as he spoke about how she did things different, a small gust of the cool air from outside breezed over the two of them.

Feeling Laureth kiss him just above his eyebrow, Conner chuckled as he felt the bed shift as she got up. The next thing he heard was the hurried footfalls of the great white wolf that tended to Laureth, and looked after him. Feeling Chimera rub her head against his side, he put his hand on her head, giving her his customary warm welcome, even leaning down to kiss the wolf's great head. "Hey, Chimera. I hope you are taking care of Laureth while she frets over my well-being," he teased his sister figure with a light chuckle coupled with a small cough. "They are taking good care of me, don't worry," he added, to the wolf.

Settling back against his pillows, but still staying propped up slightly, per orders from Lady Lupin, Conner wrapped his arm around Laureth, holding her to his chest as she lay down with him. "You're mother?" he said softly, his brow puckering with confusion. Taking a mental tally of all the staff at Wolfeclaw and those he knew from Hogwarts, Conner was hardpressed to find anyone with a name to match Laureth's. Shrugging it off as she spoke further, he rested his cheek against her head and rubbed her upped arm with his hand. As she quieted, Conner flexed his jaw slightly. Much of what she said was right. Lightly kissing the crown of her head, he sighed softly. "I don't hold it against you, Laureth. Sometimes the future isn't for us to see. Perhaps this was the case here. You weren't meant to see what the blasted dragon would do to me. I overheard talk about why different precautions weren't taken, and really, there wasn't much they could have done other then what was done. Did you know that Lady Lupin had the antidote already brewed in the tent just in case something happened?" he asked her. Really, every precaution that could have been made, had been. Most of all, the Healer they brought in being highly prepared for any situation that could have come about. Pausing briefly, Conner set his head back to 'look' at the ceiling. "Of course I'm worried. I'm worried that I've lost my sight. But, I'm a fighter, and if that's how it's to be, then I'll take it as it is and move forward," he told her in subdued tones, a touch of the worry bleeding through his words. Managing a small smile, he gave a small chuff of a laugh as he said, "I would hope you'd have ended that dragon if she had taken my life. Then, you would have kept going. Right? That's what I'd want of you all. But... No need to worry there. I'm alive and on the mend."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down