Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Lesson one: Astronomy

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lesson one: Astronomy - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson one: Astronomy

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Scarlett smirked at Ginny's question, "Do I? Do I not always? " she answered, poking her friend's stomach playfully. "But yeah, our winter's last for like the longest. But it's very beautiful, if you like snow," she added smirking some more. "Have you ever met a celebrity before like in a local store or something?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Sat May 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Chace saw Scarlett come in also one of his house, he handed her a blanket.

"Good evening, miss Rose." After the girls were settled and busy chatting with each other on their cozy cushions with blankets around their shoulders, Chase decided to start his lesson.

"Okay girls, now you're all settled i would like to tell a couple of things about Astronomy, but first of all i want to introduce myself and give a little introduction about the lessons you will receive. I'm Chase Niberus, i'm professor of Astronomy and head of house of Hufflepuff but miss Winters don't worry i will be fair and won't cheat in the race for the housecup. I always found it quite interested to watch the stars, the full moon and what would be up there, what kind of planets there were. I did my own self study while i worked at orphanage around in Wizarding London and i worked with orphans and teached them music.

This is my introduction about me and what i did before i came here to teach Astronomy. Well in this class you will have lessons at night and i hope you have all bought a telescope which is required in this lesson, if not don't worry i can give you an old one but it is better if you have one on your own. We will be learning about Jupiters Moons and at the end of the whole school year you have to write an 2,5 page essay about the Jupiters Moons. That means you don't have to make every week homework, instead you need to let me see that you are working at your research when you come here in class, like notes you scribbled down while watching the Jupiters Moons. At the end of the year you all going to hand me in the two and a half page essay about the largest moons of Jupiters and if you do it right you will get 30 points."
Chase gave the girls a moment to think about what he just said before he would continue his lesson. He was fully aware that this was an easy task but he didn't want to have this lesson being known as a boring class with dull homework.

Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Ginny smiled. "I've never seen snow." She said. She thought of Rose's question. "Well, there is a festival in California, where some actresses and actors come." She said. She smiles of her memory. WHen the professor started talking she listened. She smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Luna listens to the conversation with a slight smile. ''No I've not been. Me and my sister stayed at home and never really went anywhere.'' She listens to the teacher's words and grins, nodding at the information.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Sat May 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Chase looked around and saw that the students were quite happy with the things he said and that made him smile.

"Too bad for the people who didn't show up tonight because in my opinions this is the easiest way to get your housepoints but then it requires a lot of self study as well like searching in the library and reading books. I will be joining you also so that means i will do my own research and will help you with your questions but the one thing i don't want to see is helping each other, this must be your own research, you can read together or recommend each other for a book you read and you had a lot of things out of the book, you can take it too class but be fair, don't tell the others what you did find and where. I don't want to see the exact same essay from any of you.

So let's gets some answers done and then i'll close the lesson for today. Who knows how many moons Jupiter has, you'll get 5 points for the right answer."
Chase asked his students looking around give them time to think about it.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Scarlett nodded at Ginny's words and open her mouth then close it, when she noticed the Professor was about to began the lesson. In the brief introduction, the professor stated that his name was Professor Niberus and he was head of her house, which made Scarlett grin brightly. After his brief history lesson about himself, Professor Niberus explained the things that they would be learning and how they would have to write an essay on Jupiter's largest moon. Listening carefully, Scarlett wrapped herself tighter in the blanket as she felt a slight breeze go up her cloak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Scarlett raised her hand, giving called on by the Professor. "Well 16 official moons are on Jupiter. But there really is over 60 moons?" she questioned, guessing from her past knowledge on Jupiter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Sat May 11, 2013 6:30 pm

"Miss Rose great job, 5 points to Hufflepuff." Chase smiled at the girl and then sat down on the stool looking at the students, he had been pacing around the tower for a while now.

"So to begin with you will not research all the moons of Jupiter because that will be way too big and not fit in on a 2,5 page essay i'm afraid, so we will only do our research on the largest Moons of Jupiter so who can tell me the 4 largest moons of Jupiter? I will reward you with again 5 points." Chase looked around and again let the students think about the answer.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Scarlett smiled for those were her first points earned, happy to help Hufflepuff earn some points. Professor Niberus then asked another question rewarding the correct answer 5 points. Scarlett's hand raised itself shyly in the air, seeing that no one else was going to answer. When she was picked on, she answered, "Hmm.. The Galilean moons, all discovered by Galileo Galilei himself. They are Lo, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Morgan made her way up to the Astronomy tower. She couldn't believe that she was late for one of her favorite classes! She hoped she wasn't too terribly late or that the Professor wouldn't be too cross with her. She quietly entered and smiled apologetically at the Professor. I'm sorry I'm late Professor, she said quietly as she took a seat behind the other students.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Sat May 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Turning at the sound of another student approaching them, Selena couldn't help but snicker when she noticed that they were joined by another girl. Obviously, their Professor would have to deal with a bunch of girls.
She smiled at the new Ravenclaw and mouthed "Hi" to her.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Morgan noticed a Gryffindor greet her silently. She smiled and waved back her hello.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Sat May 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Throwing a quick glance at their teacher, Selena moved closer to the other girl and leaned in a bit "Hey, I'm Selena, third year." she whispered.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Luna see's the new girl and smiles. ''Hey. Name's Luna.'' She grins.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:48 pm

"Morgan, third year, too. It's nice to meet you," Morgan whispered to Selena. Then she heard a greeting from one of the other girls, Luna. "Hi, I'm Morgan," she whispered with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Luna smiles at Morgan and turns back to her teacher with interest.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Angel silently slips into class and sits down near a fellow Ravenclaw. Smiling slightly she nods at the girls around her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Morgan smiles at her fellow housemate. "Don't worry, I was late, too. I'm Morgan, by the way," she whispered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Angel's lips curved into a grin as Morgan introduced herself," I'm Angel," she whispered back pulling out her textbook.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Ginny sees a Ravenclaw come into the room. "Hi." She said shyly. She saw Angel and waved. She looked at the professor, wondering if he would ask anymore questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Angel shot Ginny a quick smile before going back to her book. About 5 seconds later she groaned in frustration as she leaned back in her chair and massaged her temple. Who ever heard of a Ravenclaw who had trouble reading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm

"Hi," Morgan whispered to the Hufflepuff. Glancing at the Professor and then back at the girl, she added, "I'm Morgan." When Angel leaned back with a groan, Morgan leaned in towards her, "Everything alright?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Ginny smiles. "I'm Ginny." She replied. She looked at Angel. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Angel nodded," I'm fine," she puased looking at the two girls," My head just hurts,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:22 pm

"I hope you feel better. Maybe when class gets done, a good rest will help," Morgan whispered with a smile, sitting back in her seat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 pm

" Probably," Angel sighed looking at her textbook again. " I'm sure a nap would help,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Scarlett's attention rested on the tower's door frame as two Ravenclaw students marched their way into class. One of which she recognized from Potion class, who seemed to be hitting it off with bully the other day. Feeling a wave of shyness flush over her, Scarlett decided it would be better if she kept quiet until they got a social hour to talk. Suddenly remembering she had answered a question and haven't got any acknowledgement, Scarlett tilted her head to the side, "Was that correct, Professor?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next