Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Lesson one: Astronomy

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lesson one: Astronomy Empty Lesson one: Astronomy

Post by Chase Niberus Sat May 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Chase walked around in his new surroundings to teach the students Astronomy. His classes would be given at midnight because they would be studying the planets through telescopes but Chase decided not to begin his first lesson with the late night observations. Chase prepared for his students what his lessons will look like and what he wanted to expect from his students. First of all he wanted to know if the students would show up.

Chase settled cushions on the floor of the Astronomy tower and he dragged two boxes full of blankets, it was a chilly night so he didn't want his students freeze till death. Chase sat down on a stool and grabbed his book and waited for the students to come in.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Lesson one: Astronomy Empty Re: Lesson one: Astronomy

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Ginny entered the room nervously. She thought it was a bit chilly. She looked up and saw the Professor. "Hello." She said shyly. She sat on a cushion and waited for the other people to come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Luna rushes in thinking she's late, struggling to hold all of her things. Her face hints a slight flush as she ran to the tower. She feels the breeze hit her and notices Chase. ''Hello sir.'' She grins, excited to learn astronomy as she settles down on one of the pillows
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Sat May 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Chase looked up at the first girl who came in and smiled at her, she was from his house and he immediately stuffed his book away and grabbed a blanket from the box. He walked up to her and gave her the blanket.

"Hello miss Gage, here you look a little bit cold. I don't know if you already know me, i'm Chase Niberus, your head of house, we had a little welcome party in the common room or didn't you stay that long?" Chase asked her.

Then another girl of his house came rushing in and he smiled and nodded at her.

"Hello miss Valkyrie, do you want a blanket as well?" He asked her. Chase was very exciting about his students from Hufflepuff joining in right away.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Luna grins and shakes her head. ''I'm perfectly fine, sir. I like the cold.'' She fidgets excited to start. She has always loved Astronomy, mostly the moon seeing as her name means it. She waves at Ginny with a grin.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Selena walked into the classroom and sat down on one of the cushions in the back. Astronomy wasn't really one of her favourite subjects, so she didn't want to sit right in front of the teacher.
"Hey girls" she said to the two Hufflepuffs and gave them a smile. "Good evening, Sir." she nodded at the professor politely.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Sat May 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Chase saw another girl coming in smiling down at him and he smiled back. "Good evening miss..." Chase stopped and grabbed his paper to look at her and then at her last name on his paper and then back at her.

"My apology miss Winters, i forgot your name. Do you want a blanket as well i have enough?" He grabbed a blanket and walked up to her and handed to her.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Ginny smiled and accepted the blanket. "Thanks. And I remember the party." Ginny said smiling at the memory. She sees Luna come in and waves back smiling. When Selena came in, she smiled. "Hi." She said shyly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Scarlett walked into the Astronomy tower, feeling pretty lonely as her steps echoed throughout the the tower's halls. Peering into the room she was scheduled to have class, Scarlett noticed two students she recognized from Potion class. One of which stuck up for her in her encounter with an older fifth year. Entering the room quietly, Scarlett greeted her Professor that sat on a stool in the front, "Hello Professor, I'm Scarlett Rose," she greeted, reaching her hand out for him to shake. Turning around to take a sit, Scarlett waved at Luna and took the place next to her. "How are you? I never really got to say my thanks for sticking up for me," she started, trying to make small chat.

Last edited by Scarlett Rose on Sat May 11, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Sat May 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Selena threw her teacher a slighty annoyed glare when he couldn't remember her name, it wasn't that difficult after all. Rolling her eyes, she grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her. "Thank you, sir."
Then she got comfortable next to the other girls.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Luna see's Scarlett walk in and waves back. ''I'm great and no need to say thanks Scar. Can i call you that?'' She scratches the back of her head hoping it's a yes. She grins at the small chat.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Scarlett smiled brightly, "Of course! Only if I get to call you, Lulu," she replied, happy to actually be able to call someone her friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Luna laughs. She's never had a friend before so this is going to be hard. ''Of course you can, Scar!'' She smiles.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Scarlett pulled one of her curls behind her ear, "So where are from?" she asked, fiddling with a leftover strung of hair. "Me, myself, is from the states," she started, the light catching her light brown eyes, causing her eyes to glisten.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Luna looks at her with her crystal blue eyes. ''From England, a small town. What's the states like?'' She asks, interested.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Ginny hears that Luna, has never seen the states. Hesitating, she asked. "You've never seen the states?" She wondered if they'd ignore her, or if she'd answer back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Scarlett grinned, "Amazing! Especially the country side," she added, thinking back to the memories she had in the tree, looking out over the fields watching the sun set and rises. "It rather beautiful, really," she commented, reminiscing back to the times she spend nights in the trees, observing the the habitats the animals lived in. Snapping out of her trance, Scarlett then asked, "What about England? I always wanted to go!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Scarlett hears a girl speak, turning her attention to the girl who spoke a smile formed upon her face. "Hello there, I'm Scarlett Rose. Although I go by the name Scar or Rose now," she greeted, winking at Luna when she adds her second comment. "Do you live in the states?" she asked the Hufflepuff, who's name she didn't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Ginny smiles. "I'm Ginny." She said. She decided she should call this girl Rose. "And yes, I do live in the states." She replied. Remembering the beaches, she smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Scarlett smiled approvingly, "I love your name, it's beautiful!" she commented, a glisten of happiness shining in er eyes. Ginny then told that she also lived in the states, "Really? What part?" she asked, wondering if her friend lived anywhere near her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Ginny smiled. "Thanks." She said. "I live in California." She said. She felt happy that she was now talking and hopefully making friends with other Hufflepuffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Scarlett's eyes widen in size, "California, where like actors and actresses live and work in Hollywood!" she shouted in excitement. "Lucky, I only live in North Carolina," she stated, putting on a pouting face.

Last edited by Scarlett Rose on Sat May 11, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Ginny smiled, she never thought California was something to get excited about. "North Carolina?!" She said. She knew it snows there. "Did you see snow?!?" She asked excitedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Scarlett smirked at Ginny's question, "Do I? Do I not always? " she answered, poking her friend's stomach playfully. "But yeah, our winter's last for like the longest. But it's very beautiful, if you like snow," she added smirking some more. "Have you ever met a celebrity before like in a local store or something?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Sat May 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Chace saw Scarlett come in also one of his house, he handed her a blanket.

"Good evening, miss Rose." After the girls were settled and busy chatting with each other on their cozy cushions with blankets around their shoulders, Chase decided to start his lesson.

"Okay girls, now you're all settled i would like to tell a couple of things about Astronomy, but first of all i want to introduce myself and give a little introduction about the lessons you will receive. I'm Chase Niberus, i'm professor of Astronomy and head of house of Hufflepuff but miss Winters don't worry i will be fair and won't cheat in the race for the housecup. I always found it quite interested to watch the stars, the full moon and what would be up there, what kind of planets there were. I did my own self study while i worked at orphanage around in Wizarding London and i worked with orphans and teached them music.

This is my introduction about me and what i did before i came here to teach Astronomy. Well in this class you will have lessons at night and i hope you have all bought a telescope which is required in this lesson, if not don't worry i can give you an old one but it is better if you have one on your own. We will be learning about Jupiters Moons and at the end of the whole school year you have to write an 2,5 page essay about the Jupiters Moons. That means you don't have to make every week homework, instead you need to let me see that you are working at your research when you come here in class, like notes you scribbled down while watching the Jupiters Moons. At the end of the year you all going to hand me in the two and a half page essay about the largest moons of Jupiters and if you do it right you will get 30 points."
Chase gave the girls a moment to think about what he just said before he would continue his lesson. He was fully aware that this was an easy task but he didn't want to have this lesson being known as a boring class with dull homework.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next