Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Stumbling Home (OPEN)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stumbling Home (OPEN) Empty Stumbling Home (OPEN)

Post by Anita Moore Sun May 04, 2014 3:04 am

Anita let out an impatient sigh as she lowered herself on to a stool. She’d spent the past two hours drinking alone, something that she never usually did. Unfortunately that also meant that when she tried to stand, her head began to spin and she had to use the bar for support. She raised her hand at the person next to her who had been about to help her remain steady. “I’m good,” she said, a polite smile on her face.

Grabbing a glass from the tray on the bar, she carefully filled it with water and slowly drank it. Feeling her mind clear marginally, she attempted to stand again. This time she was steady enough to reach the door, her bag securely in her hand. Exiting the pub, she began to make her way down the road, her feet carrying her in a somewhat straight line. It was dark, though she could see from the street lamps that illuminated the road. With the resolve to never drink again in her mind, she tried to remember which way she had to go to her home.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Searching
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Stumbling Home (OPEN) Empty Re: Stumbling Home (OPEN)

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 3:56 am

Ted yawned as he tilted his head to the side causing his neck to pop which made him sight. Much better... Just coming off shift, he planned to stop by the pub for a small drink when he spotted a familiar blonde walking away in a somewhat not so straight line. Letting the idea of a night drink go, Ted made his way over to her. "Anita? You alright?" he asked as he reached her and put a gentle hand on her shoulder, leaning over slightly to look at her with a small smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Sun May 04, 2014 4:52 am

Anita looked up quickly when she heard a familiar voice and felt a hand on her shoulder. Turning a bit, but not too quickly for the fear of falling over, she smiled, "Hi Ted!" Looking around for a moment, she laughed and added, "Oh I'm fine. I don't know where my house is, that's all." Perhaps if she'd gone out more often, then she would know where to go. "I apparated here," she said, looking around again with a small frown on her face.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Ted raised an eyebrow at her answer of not knowing where her house was, as he grinned slightly. Hearing she had apparated to this place, he glanced up at the bar he was just getting ready to pay a visit to. "Can't find your place because you apparated or because you've had a couple?" he teased looking back at her with a chuckle. Even a little tipsy, she was still lovely under the moonlight. "Probably a good thing you didn't try to apparate back. Might even up in the middle of a lake or something," he said, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 am

Anita tilted her head and pulled a face, before her lips broke in to a grin, “Both, I think.” Looking back at the bar, which was only a few yards away when she could have sworn that she’d walked at least five minutes. Looking back at Ted, she laughed, “And probably more than a couple..” The woman smiled and shook her head. “I don’t like apparating much. Especially when I don't think I'd remain upright if I tried to turn around. Besides, I rather like the walk. And I think that we’ve had that conversation before.” She said, a light blush colouring her cheeks, which darkened a little as his fingers brushed back her hair.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:27 am

Ted chuckled when Anita confessed to have more than a couple of drinks. "More than a couple and you came alone..." he mused with a soft smile. Shaking his head slightly, he offered her his arm, as he had done before. "Best get you home. Come on.... I know you love to walk, but this is a bit further than just a little walk, Anita..." Ted told her as his heart beat slightly faster at seeing the color in her cheeks that his touch had caused. He didn't want to apparate them back, but if he had to he would. Doing so in her state was not...favorable...but he would take care of that should he need to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Mon May 05, 2014 11:38 am

Anita couldn’t help but laugh at his words, “Mhmm. I don’t have anyone else to drink with, other than myself.” Looking at his arm, she hesitated before accepting it. At his words, she frowned and looked around, “It can’t be that far!” She thought for a moment before deciding why she believed as such. “Those people still spoke English...” Her shoe caught a piece of loose stone and she held on to Ted’s arm tighter to regain her balance, “Can we walk some of the way? It’s nice out here.” It really was. Although the weather was cool, it helped the heat that she felt from the alcohol not be so intense.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Ted thought about mentioning that she could have asked him to come drinking, but he didn't want to be too forward on the matter. Granted, he would have had to meet up with her late since tonight was a late night for work. Smiling as she took his arm after a moment of hesitation, Ted put his outter hand into his jacket pocket and began to lead her towards home. "Well, not too far as in you are still in London, but farther than the bobble shop where I first caught you," he said before he could stop himself. Smooth, Teddy-boy.... Real smooth.... Since she was slightly tipsy, Ted didn't know if she would have caught that comment or not, but he still couldn't believe he said that. As she stumbled, Ted caught her and helped her to right herself, locking eyes with her for only a moment. "Guess we should be happy there isn't much ice out tonight..." he muse softly. Looking away, they continued on their walk. Glancing back at the beauty on his arm, Ted nodded. "Of course we can. Maybe the cool air will help clear your head a wee bit," he teased with a laugh. "Nah, we can walk as far as you like. But, if we need to apparate, I'm driving," he added with a wink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Tue May 06, 2014 8:15 am

Anita breathed in deeply, letting the cool air fill her lungs as she tried to get rid of the dizziness she felt. The woman nodded at his words, "I don't actually know why I decided to come here. There is a place much closer to my home." She looked around yet again, this time to see if there was even anybody around. The street appeared empty, except for the lights and bustle from the bar. Frowning, she looked at Ted and asked, "What time is it? It can't be that late, I've only been there an hour or two."

Glancing at the ground, Anita nodded, "I'm always glad when there isn't ice around. Though someone really ought to do something about this loose gravel." Another laugh left her lips, though it caught in her throat as her eyes met Ted's. They were really nice eyes, though she was distracted again the thought of apparating. "I suppose that would probably be best," Anita agreed, though she would walk as far as she could. Anita suddenly thought of something, and she looked up at Ted with curious eyes, "What were your plans for tonight? Surely you aren't here for no reason. I hope you're not keeping your girlfriend waiting or something.."
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 pm

"It's a good pub!" he answered brightly, "Lots of people come her even if there is a closer one to where they live." While what he said was true, it was interesting that she picked a place so far from where she lived and came alone. "Is everything alright?" he ventured to ask. Sure they only met a few days ago, but he was still, oddly, concerned for her and her wellbeing. Glancing around as she did before she asked the time, Ted moved his free arm so his watch was exposed and checked the time. "It's near midnight," he answered her with a grin, looking at her. "Guess, it's a touch later than you thought?" he teased with a chuckle.

Just as her laugh paused, so did his as their eyes met. They fit her, her eyes, and only added to her beauty. When she glanced away, Ted continued to lead her towards her home. "When you are ready to apparate, let me know and we will," he told her, putting his outter hand over hers that rested on his arm. The gesture was both conscious and unconscious. He wanted to confort her knowing her reservations about that form of travel, and having alcohol in her system didn't help ease what she knew might not help the feeling she got after using apparation. But, he also wanted to touch her hand, hold it even, even if he wasn't aware of it.

Looking down at her at her question, Ted shrugged. "Was just going to head in there for a little drink and then head home. I just got off shift and it sounded like a nice idea," he told her with his crooked smile. Her next comment about keeping a significant other waiting made him chuckle nervously. "Haven't got a girl. Haven't for a while..." he said bringing his eyes to the path before them. "Just my daughter, but she's with her mother at present... Hope that doesn't bother you," Ted said with a sigh. He hadn't brought it up until now, and he hoped that information wouldn't ruin anything, if there was anything, between them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Sat May 10, 2014 12:41 am

Anita glanced back at the lit up building and nodded. “It is. I definitely enjoyed myself,” she said. The woman looked at Ted for a moment before she nodded, “Yes, I believe so. I just felt like doing something different than I usually do. Obviously, that’s drinking.” Laughing again, she nodded. “Well, I came out at about six. I didn’t think it much past nine,” Anita answered. Apparently she’d been at the bar for a few extra hours than she’d planned. She figured that it probably explained the difficultly walking straight.

The woman pulled a face, though she didn’t disagree. The chill that was in the air seemed to become more obvious as the warming effects of the alcohol slowly wore off. But the walk was still pleasant and she enjoyed Ted’s company, so she simply said, “Alright.” She felt Ted’s hand on her’s and she glanced down at them, though she quickly returned to looked down the road as she didn’t want him to move it. It was comforting.

Ah,” Anita said, a small smile on her face. “You finished pretty late then?” She wasn’t surprised, as she remembered that Ted was an Auror. Her father had arrived home late at unreal hours, or sometimes not at all. It usually meant that something serious was going down. She knew better than to ask  Ted what had been going on. If he was allowed, and wanted to, he would elaborate himself. He doesn’t have a girlfriend. Anita didn’t know why, but that knowledge made her feel relieved. Deciding that it was because it meant she wasn’t keeping him from someone, she paid attention to his next words. The woman looked up at Ted as they walked, and after a moment she smiled. “You have a daughter? We had a conversation about nearly everything under the sun, and you left that out?” She laughed quietly and shook her head, “It doesn’t bother me at all. Why would it?
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 10:00 am

Ted nodded at her answer, happy and at ease that everything was alright and she simply wanted to just break free from her norm. Hearing that she only thought she had been in the pub for a matter of a few hours instead of nearly six, made Ted chuckle. "Time flies when you're drinking," he mused. "Flies even faster when you have someone else drinking with you," he added lightly, looking down at her with a smile. It certainly explained her inability to walk straight on her own...

Keeping his hand over hers as they walked, Ted gave a small nod at her answer. He was enjoying the walk, even this late and knowing just how far they would need to go to reach her home. Truthfully, he didn't mind. Anita made him feel comfortable and he was happy to have her as company.

You finished pretty late then... "Yeah, comes with the territotry, you could say. Plus, my turn to pull the late shift," he answered her with a wink. It was something they did, cycle the late shifts between everyone so no one group of Aurors got stuck always working late. "Thankfully, it was just a quiet night tonight. Nothing to write home about," he remarked, thankful for that. Rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly as she called him on not talking about his child in their first meeting, he smiled brightly and laughed. "Guess I didn't want it to...." Ted began before turning his blue eyes to her and pausing. What was he going to say? He didn't want it to effect how she saw him?

Pausing their walk, Ted boldly reached up and cupped her jaw, stroking her cheek with his thumb. Flexing his jaw slightly, he swallowed before speaking. "I didn't want that to effect anything.... Sometimes it does.... If you know what I mean. I figured, I'd save that particular conversation for.....later...." he said slowly. Ted was beginning to feel like she was a manget that he was drawn to. Ever moment he was with her, he grew to like her more and more. Oddly enough, he realised she was the first one in a long time that he had opted to tell about his daughter later and not in the first go-round. Giving a sheepish grin, he tilted his head slightly, looking into her bright eyes, and said softly, "I'm glad my being a father already doesn't bother you...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Mon May 12, 2014 10:22 am

As they walked, Anita looked around them. It was actually a nice enough village that she had picked, though she couldn’t quite remember where she’d even got the idea for it in the first place. “That’s true,” she said, “Perhaps next time I’ll just have to find someone to come with me.” She laughed again, though she had no idea why. For some reason she just wanted to laugh.

Well, I know that I’m definitely glad for the work you Aurors do,” Anita said truthfully. She knew as well as anyone that the Ministry did a lot for the wizarding world behind closed doors. She smiled when he said that it had been quiet. “That’s good to know,” she said. Her eyes on the ground, she put one foot carefully in front of the other, causing her balance to shake. “Damn,” she said, thinking of the muggle movies when the police would make the driver walk in a straight line.

Anita looked at the ground and bit her lip, wishing that she hadn’t asked. Why would he have told her, anyway? Swallowing, she looked at him and smiled, “That’s fair enough.” She stopped walking as he did and turned to face him. She let out a breath at his touch, her gaze reaching his. She smiled and nodded. She could understand Ted’s concern. “I know what you mean. I think,” she said quietly.  Anita felt light headed, and she knew that it wasn’t from the drinking this time. She took a deep breath and smiled again. “It doesn’t..
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 12:28 am

Chuckling along with her, Ted commented, "Might be a good idea. I mean, drinking alone is fine, but drinking with someone is generally more enjoyable." He liked her laugh. It was light and happy....carefree.... It was something he would be happy to hear more if possible.

"Well, thank you, Anita," he said, standing a little proud at her remark of how she was thankful for what he and his fellow Aurors did for the wizarding community. He was happy to do his part to keep everyone safe. Even happier to know that they were appreciated. Ted knew Aurors were, but, hearing it always made him happy to know they were. Feeling her falter slightly, he tightened his grip on her. "Don't tell me you're thinking of falling for me, again, are you?" Ted teased, blushing slightly at his own joke. Truthfully, he wondered if he was the one falling for her...

keeping his hand on her cheek, Ted swallowed slightly. A smile toyed with the corner of his mouth as she told him she thought she understood what he meant. "I'm glad it doesn't...." he said softly. Lifting her chin a little higher, Ted brushed his lips against hers for a brief moment. Pulling back, his cheeks pinked as heat rose in them at his very bold action. Smiling, he paused to see what she would do...

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Thu May 15, 2014 2:30 am

Anita grinned and shrugged her shoulders. “Honestly? I haven’t had a drink in years. Like, a lot of years,” she said. She’d never really had the chance. In France, she was too unfamiliar to go out alone and after a while her career there took importance over such things. Not to mention the fact that she didn’t really make many friends in her line of work.

You’re most welcome,” she replied, glancing at the man for a moment, before returning her eyes to the road. At his words, she burst out laughing again and shook her head. “Nope. I don’t plan on meeting any gravel today,” Anita said, pushing her hair back out of her face again. Smiling, she eyed Ted for a moment before saying, “Besides, speaking from past experience, I doubt you’d let me fall.

Smiling back at Ted, the woman was about to reply but fell silent when his lips touched hers. Anita was surprised, but after a few moments she smiled and stepped closer so that she could press her own lips to his, which she did as her fingers clasped the pockets of his jacket to help her remain steady.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 9:50 am

Ted chuckled as Anita told him that she didn't plan to fall, grave or otherwise, as long as he was there with her. "I wouldn't let you fall, if I can help it," he told her with a wink and a tender smile. So far, thanks to his training and the gentleman he was, Ted had so far succeeded in keeping her safe from tumbles. Inside, he had the fleeting thought that he would like to keep her safe from much more than that...

Her smile at his kiss made, if men felt such things, butterflies take flight within him. Wrapping a strong arm around her back and cupping her jaw, his fingers tangling with her blonde hair just behind her ear, he pulled her to him and keeping her steady. Was it the drink making her do such things, or truly just her? In that moment, Ted really didn't care. As his lips danced against hers, he noticed he liked the feel of her in his arms. She fit, as it were. Breaking the kiss, he gazed into her eyes and smiled. Swallowing lightly, he said in a dark purr, "Should we get you home?" He had a flickering thought that he could offer to take her home with him, but he let that thought go. His home was closer, but still.... Don't rush things, Teddy-boy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Mon May 19, 2014 2:39 pm

"That's definitely comforting," Anita smiled and her cheeks flushing once again. She wondered how he managed to make her cheeks heat up so often. Or maybe it was just the fact that she was a little embarrassed at the reminder of how she'd almost landed face first after slipping on ice only to be caught by Ted. She laughed aloud as she realised that this time, he was again leading her home so that she didn't take a tumble. Hopefully it wouldn't become a habit.

As his wrapped an arm around her, Anita felt oddly secure. In a way that she hadn't in a long time, and she didn't want to pull away. Unfortunately, Ted did just that and she looked a little put out for a moment. He had a point though, so she nodded, "Yeah.." Looking at him, much closer than she had before, she noticed that his eyes were a melting deep green. That was also when she remembered that he was all but a stranger. They'd only ever spoken on one other occasion. But Anita couldn't remember why that was supposed to matter, especially when all that she could smell was him.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Nodding, Ted took a firm hold on her, pulling her to him and whispered, "Hold on..." Kissing her forehead, he appararted them with a pop. When they reappeared on the landing that lead to her home, Ted let her go, unsure how that mode of transportation would mix with the drinks she had been having. Keeping his warm eyes on her, Ted looked up at her home and grinned with a shrug. He didn't want to let her go so soon. But, they only just met. Then again, did it really matter? They were both adults, and they had covered everything they possibly could about one another. Well, now that she knew he was a father... So, really, did it still count as being strangers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Wed May 21, 2014 9:16 am

Anita closed her eyes, figuring that it probably wasn't a good idea to keep them open. As they appeared in front of her home, the woman frowned and reached out to hold on to the railing. She felt dizzy, like she knew she would. She didn't know why wizards had yet to figure out a way to apparate without the dizziness. After taking a few deep breaths, she opened her eyes and smiled, "Thanks." Reaching in her pocket for the key to her front door, she bit her lip lightly. She didn't want him to leave just yet, so she unlocked the door and said, "Do you want to come in?"
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Holding Anita firmly as she righted herself after the apparation, Ted kept a close eye on her until she got her barrings. Letting her go as she thanked him and unlocked the door, he secretly wanted nothing more than to come inside. "You're welcome," he said, tipping his head slightly. He didn't want to just leave her. For the second time, he found himself drawn to this woman, and he didn't know why. Her question, made his heart skip slightly as she seemed to all but read his mind in that he didn't want to leave. Nodding, he answered softly, "I'd like that." As she opened the door, Ted held it and absentmindedly put a hand on the small of her back allowing her to lead them inside, to which he followed...

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Wed May 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Stepping carefully over the threshold, Anita held her hand out to the wall so that her fingertips could find the light switch. After flicking it on, she looked around as she always did when she arrived home at night. Noting that nothing was out of order, she turned to face Ted and smiled, "Would you like a drink, since I interrupted your plans for the night?" Anita felt a bit bad because she'd not only caused his plan for evening to be cancelled, but he had also walked her home, twice now, because she was incapable of walking straight on her own.
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 1:05 am

Mirroring her looking around the house as the lights came on, Ted felt, surprisingly at home here, even though it was only the second time he had been there. "Sure. If you think you should be drinking anymore tonight, Miss Anita," he teased lightly, taking his jacket off and hanging it on a free hook. He had a dozen thoughts going though his mind other than having a drink, but he tried to push them away. "And, really, you didn't interrupt my evening. I was going to be like you, drinking alone. I think this is a much better arrangement," Ted said with a wink.

Last edited by Ted Tonks on Thu May 22, 2014 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 am

Anita shrugged, a grin appearing on her face, "I probably shouldn't. But I'm going to anyway." She wasn't feeling so unsteady now anyway, so she figured one more drink wouldn't hurt. "I think so, too," she said, a light blush tinting her cheeks at his wink. She quickly turned around and walked in to her small kitchen and took a couple of glasses from the shelf. Opening a cupboard that she never used, she looked at the bottles with a blank expression. They were mostly gifts from colleagues that she had never even touched. Taking one at random, she poured the drinks and returned the the living room. Holding one of the glasses out to Ted, she smiled, "I don't even know what it is.."
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 am

"One more won't hurt, I guess," Ted mused with a light chuckle as he waited in the living room while Anita busied herself with pouring them both a drink. Once again he had made her cheeks color, and, in a way, it made him slightly proud that he could have that kind of effect on her. This one is different, Teddy-boy... I know you can feel it... Letting out a content sigh, Ted let his mind wander as he listened to her shuffle about in the kitchen. She really was a sweetheart as well as someone that he could easily be himself around. A smile toyed with the corner of his mouth at the thoughts as she came in from the kitchen. Taking the glass she offered him, Ted raised an eyebrow at her not knowing what the drink was she offered him. "You just buy liquor and not check to see what it is?" Ted joked, as he swirled the amber liquid in the glass and gave it a light smell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Moore Sat May 24, 2014 10:31 am

Anita smiled and shook her head. “I don’t buy it. I get given it,” she said, “Besides a surprise sometimes is fun.” She laughed, because she was sure her colleagues had thought she was a closet alcoholic or something. Mainly because she had gone to work, and return home without talking too much in between. The woman took a mouthful of the drink. She pulled a face at the taste and swallowed, the liquid burning its way down her throat. Her eyes watered a bit as she licked her lips. “Well, I’m not sure if I like it,” she said quietly, although as she did she felt warmth creep over her body. Anita took off her jacket as she sat down on the couch, taking another smaller sip from her glass. “Do you want to sit?
Anita Moore
Anita Moore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next