Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

History of Magic L2 - Origins of the Ministry [ALL YEARS]

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

History of Magic L2 - Origins of the Ministry [ALL YEARS] - Page 2 Empty Re: History of Magic L2 - Origins of the Ministry [ALL YEARS]

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Morgan sighed as she took out a piece of parchment as well as her quill and ink. She had been looking forward to a lecture like last class, not another essay. Morgan headed her parchment and set to work...

The Death Chamber: This chamber deals directly with death. It is rumored to hold an arch of stone that is like a doorway between the world of the living and the world of the dead. In order to separate the two worlds, a black curtain hangs in the archway.

Hall of Prophecy: This chamber houses that many prophesies made throughout magical times. They can only be retrieved by the one the prophecy is about thanks to the magical protection used.

Ever-Locked Chamber: This chamber remains locked at all times as it is likely one that holds the studies of the most powerful emotion known to man: love. It is also rumored to contain a large fountain of Amortentia, which is a very powerful love potion that smells different to each person based on what attracts them.

Space Chamber: Just as the name suggests, this chamber contains the studies of wizards and witches on space and the limits of magic on it. It is likely to hold many floating planets as they pertain to space.

Time Room: This room is said to be filled with all kinds of different time keeping items. The room is also filled with sparkling light that comes from a a jar. Anything in the room will age backwards and then be reborn and age, again.

Morgan looked over her quickly written paper and sighed. Getting up, she dropped it off on Professor Eaton's desk and returned to her seat, hoping that they would have a much more exciting lecture next instead of more papers to write.

Back to top Go down

History of Magic L2 - Origins of the Ministry [ALL YEARS] - Page 2 Empty Re: History of Magic L2 - Origins of the Ministry [ALL YEARS]

Post by Vixen Lestrange Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Vixen let her head fall back as she rolled her eyes at hearing about the paper they needed to write. Really?!?!?! she thought to herself. With a huff she slapped a piece of parchment on the table and readied her raven quill and ink. She plopped her head on her propped up hand and set to writing...

The Death Chamber: Just as the name suggests, the Death Chamber deals with the studies of death. After walking down into a pit-like area, one can see a stone archway with a torn, black curtain hanging in it. Rumor has it, the archway is a doorway between the world of life and the world of death.

Hall of Prophesies: This chamber houses the myriad prophesies made by different seers about people and events in the wizarding world. The only ones who are able to pick up the different prophesies, housed in their own glass orbs, are the ones the prophesies are about.

Ever-Locked Chamber: Ever-locked, in this case, does not refer to what is inside the chamber, but more to the door to the chamber. This door is always locked due to the nature of what is housed inside it. Studies on love are conducted inside it. Love, with is the strongest 'magic' in our world. In the center of the chamber is a fountain filled with the most powerful love potion: Amortentia.

Space Chamber: This chamber contains many floating planets for studies on space since it is one of two things that magic has its limits with.

Time Room: As there is a room for the study of magic on space, so there is also a room for study on time, the other thing that magic has its limits with. This room is said to be filled with bright sparkling light from a glass jar and an assortment of different clock-like items and time-turners. It is rumored that anything that enters it will age backwards, and, once it reaches before existence, will be re-born to age through life over and over.

Vixen slapped her quill down and pushed back in her chair, frustratingly. She walked up to Professor Eaton's desk and simply let her paper float onto the top of the stack of others. "There you go, Professor..." she said lightly before turning on her heel and returning to her seat. She sat down and crossed her arms across her chest and her legs, glowering. What a way to start the day....

Vixen Lestrange

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Andrew enjoyed hearing the grumbling of the students. Andrew really didn't plan to give them work at all he never does but just don't get on his bad side. Don't. When students got up to turn in the work, Andrew gave a sarcastic smile and a "thank you". He read over some of them while he waited for three other students to finish. But nevertheless he had to continue class too bad for those slow people. "Right then the Ministry. At first it was the Wizard's Council and it was smaller. The purpose for an organized government was to secure the secrecy of wizards. One of the very first laws enacted was that Quidditch can only be placed within a certain distance away from any muggle civilization," he paused and walked over in front of his desk. "And remember guys you don't need to take notes down it's optional... so: instead of a Wizard's Council the Ministry was revolutionized because people thought it was unfair that such a small group had such strong influence and plus it was difficult to control everything so departments were made. One of these departments was the Magical Law Enforcement which included aurors, hit wizards, and investigation stuff. Someone tell me how this was useful to controlling the wizard population?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:06 am

Jocelyn shrugged at his question and turned to Avalon. "Do you know the answer? I think it had something to do with that the aurors were trained and they could only become an auror if they had five N.E.W.T's with marks no lower than Exceeds Expectations, but i don't think that is right." Jocelyn said not even paying attention on how loud she said it. She flicked through her pages of her book but couldn't find the right answer.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: stay at home mom
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 am

Avalon shrugged. "I'm not sure. Your answer sounds reasonable enough," she said. Avalon didn't know a ton about the creation of the ministry, or anything about the ministry other than the fact that she had to obey a bunch of laws that they created.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Andrew waited for an answer and even accepted the one the girl gave which was obviously not intended to go for Andrew but was spoken rather loud so he took it. "Incorrect but you bring us to another good subject. 5 points to Slytherin. Ms. Grimm mentioned," now he put on his lecture voice "that there were certain qualifications to become an auror and this was actually an issue to them because they establish this department but there's disagreement on who's qualified to be an auror so the Ministry came up with a solution: Evaluations. And there we see the birth of Wizarding Examinations Authority which then creates the O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. examinations. So if you complain about tests now: blame the aurors."

"Now let me go back with my previous question the Ministry had to deploy a police force because it was very difficult to maintain wizards from not exposing themselves to muggles since in 1689, the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy act was put into place. Now we see this law just sixty years after the Ministry was founded and twenty years after the muggle secrecy thing the unforgiveable curses were made illegal." Wow Andrew had really given a speech there but the Ministry of Magic really deserves its own class to be studied thoroughly. Idea! Anyways, "I think I've spoken enough for today. Be prepared for next class we will continue with the Ministry this time focusing on the laws that were signed and their impact and significance." With that he dismissed his students but then added: "Also, next lesson is Friday and this time meet in this room at two in the afternoon." No longer a morning class, be glad!

OOC: I'd like to point out that I study History in college so I can really go all out with my lessons so I'm sorry.. um so lesson over. I will be posting lesson three probably Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Jocelyn looked confused that she was rewarded five points with an incorrect answer but she shrugged it away and grabbed her stuff. She had to ask the professor if she could catch up from lesson one so she turned to Avalon. "Sorry i have to ask the professor something about lesson one, see you in the next class." Jocelyn grabbed her bookbag and walked up to the professor. "Professor Eaton, i was wondering if i had to catch up with lesson one as i had to go to the infirmary during your lesson?" Jocelyn asked politely.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Andrew sat back down and started grading the classwork they turned in. Ms. Grimm came up to him and he set his quill down. "Umm we just went over Hogwarts and stuff. Basic like the founders.. a bit about them.. the reasons why Hogwarts was built...." he paused. "If you have good friends you can ask one of them to inform you what went on. If that is not enough, you can see me again and I will figure something out." He nodded a okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Jocelyn nodded but wasn't quite pleased with it. "Can i also write you a summary about the founders and then just hand it in by the next lesson? I find it easier than assuming that someone else tells me something i can't really use." Jocelyn asked the professor.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:48 pm

He could sense her discouraged but ignored it. "If you want, okay." he said plainly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Jocelyn nodded now statisfied with his answers. "Thank you for your time, professor Eaton. Have a good day." Jocelyn turned around and walked to the door out of the dark class room and on her way to the fresh air.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2