Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Just Checking (Morgan)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just Checking (Morgan)  Empty Just Checking (Morgan)

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Lyra closed the book she had been reading as the nurse unhooked her from the machine. Her treatments had become more frequent lately and it was tiring but a nessicary evil. For the past few years since she had been diagnosed with cancer muggle remedies for the disease have come to hogwarts and saint mungos.

It was a common truth that all advances in the field of curing the disease were thanks to wizards but being humble the wizards allowed them to take credit for the discoveries.

Everyone knew she was sick and would have avoided her like the plague had she not built her school career on being respected. Thanking the nurse as she always did shedrank the potion that would keep her from throwing up and buttoned up her white top.

Slipping into her ravenclaw robe she tucked her book under her arm and headed towards her home, ravenclaw tower. She climbed the stairs slowly her body protesting every movement she made.

Choosing to rest she sat on a step and opened her book, when a familar face suddenly appeared on the steps she smiled "Hello morgan how are you?" she said with a kind smile.
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Scholar
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Just Checking (Morgan)  Empty Re: Just Checking (Morgan)

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Morgan was just coming back from checking out a few new books for reading and research when she spotted her roommate and close friend, Lyra. "Lyra!" Morgan greeted her as she rushed up the steps to her. "I'm good, well, great. I'm so sorry that I haven't been around too much since the end of last year," she said taking a seat on the step next to her. "I really am sorry," she said looking as the stairs. Morgan felt badly about how busy she had been. She knew about Lyra's illness and had been there for her since she started her treatments, and she swore to herself that she was going to be there from now on. "So, how are you? Did you have a good summer holiday?" she asked looking at her with a gentle smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Lyra chuckled at her excitement at seeing each other and said "as nice as it can be when your only living with your family because your dying" she said ruefully. Everyone in the school knew the prewett's secret. They hated there daughter for being accepting of others but were forced to keep her due to her illness.

"What about yours lil morgi how was your holiday?"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:55 pm

Morgan smiled an understanding of Lyra's situation at home. In a way, they were similar spirits: both from Pureblood families that hold blood status high and both see those views as skewed. It saddened her that she was forced to live with her parents due to her illness, and that they couldn't simply accept that their daughter was different.

Morgan shrugged when Lyra asked her about her summer, but then a bright happy smile touched her lips followed by a blush to match. The happiness from it spreading to all of her features as she thought about the turn of events that began a week before school started. "It was the usual, I guess," she said knowing that she would know what she meant. "Well, for the most part," she said looking away, her blush deepening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 am

Lyra smiled at her friend as she pulled her cane from her pocket, putting the pieces together they melded into a solid item as she leaned her chin on it watching her closely "Oh? and what is the cause for your blushing? I can hear your heart beat excellerating and you seem to be positively giddy with some information your with holding"

Lyra was painfully observant, she was looked over given that she was sick and a blood traitor but she never took her eyes off people she knew everything and saw almost everything.
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 am

Morgan let out a giggle. She hadn't told many people about the changes in her life, but Lyra was different. She knew that while she could hide things from others, it was damn near impossible to hide things from Lyra. "Well, Remus asked me to move in with him and his parents a week before school started," she said looking at her, her eyes bright. "And then, well...... There is this," she said holding out her left hand, letting the sun glint off the stone in the ring on her finger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 am

Lyra smiled at her excitement, as her eyes fell on the ring her eyes widened "your getting married" she said "Rowena...thats exciting" she knew Morgan loved the gryffindor dearly but she wasn't sure about him. "Congratulations darling but its not till after school yeah?"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 am

"Well," Morgan said looking away. "We are actually planning for Christmas Eve...." she said quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 am

Lyra if possible paled considerably "But ...the war..."
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:32 am

Morgan heard and saw the reaction her answer brought to Lyra and dropped her eyes. "I know, but.... With the future so uncertain, we want something that is certain," she said. Morgan looked at the ring and smiled, "In a time so dark, sometimes a little bit of light is a good thing."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 am

Getting up slowly she leaned on her cane as she started towards the tower and gestured for morgan to follow. "And what of his shifting loyalites" she asked
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:09 am

Morgan got up and linked her arm with Lyra, allowing her to use herself along with her cane if need be. She sighed slightly at her question. Sirius had spoken to her about this issue before, so had James. "I don't know. I believe that he is on our side.... That was one of the biggest reasons he brought me to live with him," she said looking at her and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Remus knows that I wouldn't be safe with my parents since my loyalties aren't as my parents are. Why would he take me in to protect me if his loyalties were the same as my parents? He's a good person, and he has light in him. I can see it," she added with a small smile as they climbed the steps to their tower.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:13 am

"So you think you can make him a good person" she said with each step she noticed the ring on morgan's finger caught the light. "my dear you have always had a way about you that flirts with danger. I am happy for you just worried"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 am

Morgan's grey-blue eyes found Lyra's. "I don't need to make him a good person. He already is," she said. "I'm sorry to worry you, Lyra. That's the last thing I want to do," Morgan added as they reached the top of the stairs. She didn't want to cause Lyra any added worry, especially about this. Morgan trusted Remus, and trusted that he would stand with her on the side of good when the time came.

Morgan gave the answer to the riddle after quickly hearing it, and held the door for her friend. "Any news on your illness?" she asked hopefully. Morgan remembered the day she learned that Lyra was sick and that there was little in the line of a cure. Be that as it may, Morgan always hoped that one day one would be found, or at the very least, an effective treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 am

Lyra wanted to press forward on the discussion but chose to let it be. "none as per usual which as you can imagine causes mother and father to gripe something awful" she hooked her cane over her arm as she led the way into the library, the stairs to the tower were hidden behind a book shelf and if you tickled the right spine it gave way to the tower stairs.

"Do you remember my cousin Molly? she's fallen in with that weasley bloke from gryffindor, the two are seemingly in love wich is amazing for her but godric if you could hear the gossip" she wrinkled her nose in disgust as the book shelf slid away.
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 am

Morgan could see in Lyra's eyes that she wasn't done with the topic of Remus and where he stood, or where he would stand when the time came to pick a side. In time, she would talk more about him, but now, she wanted to hear about Lyra and how she was doing since she hadn't had lots of time to catch up with her. At hearing that there was still no news, Morgan's heart sank. There was nothing like watching her friend fight a losing battle. But, Lyra was strong. Surely she would fight long enough for a cure to be found....

Morgan stepped with her thought the bookcase to the stairs leading to Ravenclaw Tower and looked at her, a look of happy confusion on her face. "Molly has found someone? Weasley? Arthur Weasley? what kind of gossip has been circulating about them?" she asked with a light chuckle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:40 am

Placing a hand on Morgan's arm as they climbed the stairs, there lives had become something of habitual instinct. Whenever morgan walked near her it was a unspoken rule to lean on her a and whenever Lyra worried it was a unspoken rule the topic was never over.

Passing into the common room she smiled and nodded to a first year she was tutoring "just how could a honorable prewett be with a blood traitor as daft as weasley" she chuckled "I digress I find him funny and silly and it does make a odd match but they work and that is what counts"

Choosing to sit in one of the large plush couches in the grecian inspired common room she said "and pray tell what plans have you for an engagement party?"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Morgan happily took Lyra's hand in the crook of her arm as they climbed the stairs to the Common Room. She had missed spending time with her. Morgan also nodded to the young Ravenclaw that was deep into her books. Taking a seat next to Lyra, Moran chuckled. "Well, from what I've heard, Arthur is actually a very nice guy. Odd matches seem to be running crazy lately, but you're right. If they are happy and can make it work, then that is what really counts," she said.

When Lyra asked about Morgan's engagement party, she didn't really know what to say. "Guess I haven't given it much thought, really. It all happened so fast..." she said looking towards the window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Lyra glanced into the fire that burned cooly in the white marble fire place "I know Remus to be a good and decent man, your match is not as odd as some would think, though given your tendency to flit in and out of different social standings its no wonder you ended up with him." she said thoughtfully
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Morgan nodded. Remus was a good and decent man. She was lucky to have him. "Some would say it is odd. Others would say that we shouldn't be together at all. But, it's like we are meant to be together. You, know?" Morgan said looking at the floor with a sigh. "What do you mean by flitting from standing to standing?" she asked lightly, looking at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:44 pm

"Since our third year you've been friends with princes and paupers, angels and villains warriors and healers you are literally at the center point of the coming storm" she said twirling a piece of hair around her finger "you have made them love you on all sides"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Morgan's eyes softened as she listened to Lyra explain what she meant. A tender smile touched her lips as she thought about how true it was. "It wasn't planned," she said lightly, running her fingers through her hair, "It just kind of happened." Even though it was a comforting thought, Moran's smile faded slightly. "Be that as it may, doesn't make me safe. I'm just as much at risk of this war harming me as anyone else...." she said somberly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:58 pm

"That is not so my friend" she said looking from the fire to the blonde at her side "the people you have made love you are in powerful enough places to protect you from even this alleged dark lord himself. They would fight and die for you and this is fact."
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Morgan's grey-blue eyes found Lyra's, "But how can I be sure of that?" She knew there were those on both sides that would gladly fight for her, but when the time came would she actually be protected on both sides. When it comes out that she is standing on the side of light, will her alleged dark friends really fight to protect her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 pm

"Well" she said touching her wrist where a scar lie "When harm came to you, what became of the cause?"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next