Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

To Boldly Move on (Jericho)

Go down

To Boldly Move on (Jericho) Empty To Boldly Move on (Jericho)

Post by Larissa Travers Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Larissa was talking with a man at the side of the street and was looking no to happy to be talking with the man, his name Henry Carol, a half blood but a wealthy one, wealthy enough to be accepted by her pureblood serious family. Yes she had been engaged to this man before.. when they went out he was attentive and kind, understand..but as time went by and there planned to married something happened to Henry. He became hostile and condescending to wards her, at one point even violent.

Lara had given him a lot of time to snap out of what came over him but after being slapped in site of her older brother.. well that was the end. They broke off the wedding and went separate ways.. though there were days like this one where she and Henry would bump into each other and he would ask her to take him back.

"Lara.. Please? I am sorry for the way I acted, I honestly don;t know what came over me.. I was so angry all the time and i have no idea why..I.. It won;t happen again" he said.

Larissa shook her head "No Henry it is to late.. you had your chance.. I can't do it anymore.. even if I did my family would never accept you again... " she said with a sigh trying to walk away form him.

Henry reached out to take her hand to stop her "Lara..."

Larissa swallowed, there was a time she loved him so much "Just let me go Henry.. Please.."
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

To Boldly Move on (Jericho) Empty Re: To Boldly Move on (Jericho)

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:20 am

Jericho was just leaving the book shop, a new few books in his pack that was slung over his shoulder. It had been a while since he added some to his vast collections, and it was time to get a few new additions. The shop owner had been pleased to see him, reminding him that it had been far too long and to not wait so long for his next visit.

As he walked back to where he would apparate home, he heard a familiar voice. Jericho glanced down the side-street and spotted Larissa and a man he didn't know. Based on the expression on her face and the words being said, this wasn't a conversation she was happy about. He watched as she went to leave and he reached out, grabbing her. Jericho walked down the street to them. He wasn't about to let anything happen to her.

"Larissa! Everything alright?" he asked, giving her a knowing look that he wasn't gonna let anything happen to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Larissa could have sworn she felt Henry's grip tighten on her for just a second until she heard Jericho's voice and Henry let her go pretty quick Larissa quickly retracted her hand and looked at Jericho thankful for his intervention. "Yes Jericho, everything is fine... thank you, I was just leaving.." She said looking pointedly at Henry, almost daring him to try it again.

Henry sighed and looked at Jericho as if he ruined something and looked back to Lara "Sorry I disturbed you Lara... please just.. Consider it?" he said turning away to leave them be.

Once Henry left Larissa groaned and rubbed her face.. "Thanks Jericho, He's... Well..apart of my past that doesn't want to let go.." she said with a sigh as she turned to the auror. She blushed almost embarrassed he had to see that.

"Sorry you had to see it" she said sheepishly..
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Jericho watched as the man let her go and make his speedy exit. He adjusted his pack and moved closer to her. Concern filled his blue eyes as he asked, "You sure you're alright?" At her apology, he shook his head and held up a hand to stop her. "Don't be sorry. I'm just glad I could....help," he said with a small smile. "He wouldn't have done anything to you with me here anyways. On or off duty, I'm still what I am," he added with a wink. Whoever he was, Jericho wouldn't have let him get too far at all with Larissa. He felt he needed to protect her, not just because of the badge at his waist, not just because of her being his co-worker's sister.... There was something else....

"Larissa, would you like to join me for a cup of coffe? My treat?" he asked, smiling and extending his arm in a friendly fashion for her to take.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Larissa smiled and calmed a thumb of her heart " Yes I am quite alright now, Thanks..." She wasn't sure how far Henry would have tried to go on in a public place but she was glad Jericho was the one that happened to interfere anyway. "Henry Carol.. We a used to be together. He still hasn't accepted aren't anymore yet, so he does that sometimes... Comes looking for me.." she said with a added sigh.. Now that she said it aloud she realized how creepy it was.. "Suppose I should do something about it" she really didn't want to go through it though.

At the invitation for Coffee Lara's spirits rose a little more and she smiled at Jericho. He was such a nice guy. "That sounds wonderful, thank you.." she said accepting his arm. "After as day Like today... it sounds perfect"
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Jericho's eyes darkened and his features hardened slightly at the mention that this Henry Carol continued to pursue Larissa even after they weren't together. That in itself raised a red flag for him. "Well, I hope for his sake, he doesn't continue to. I don't think Nick would take to kindly to that, and nor would I," he said, the Auror in him showing itself slightly. Larissa wasn't just a friend, she was a woman who could potentially have an unwanted man seeking her which could lead to other unpleasant things. "If you want help getting what you need to put a stop to it, I would be happy to help. Nick might just hunt him down and.... Well, you know," he said with a chuckle. Granted, he would, too, if he ever found out that someone would lay a harmful hand on her.

As Larissa took his arm, his heart almost skipped a beat. It felt good to have someone on his arm again. Jericho quickly pushed the thought aside. This wasn't the time to be thinking such things. "I know the perfect place," he said, as he lead her to one of his favorite coffee shops. "I come here often when I just need to get away," he said holding the door for her. Inside, there were numerous tables and booths with a roaring fire and lights on low. The ambiance was soothing. "Just pick where you'd like to sit," he said gesturing to any of the open areas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Larissa bit her lip, if Nick had seen Henry today rather then Jericho she had the feeling they would be in a brawl right now. Since Henry had harmed her before, it was what ended their relationship.. "No he wouldn't" she stated and glanced at Jericho as well and found the thought of him protecting her as her brother would was a... Comforting thought? But she by no means looked at Jericho as a brother, no this was different.. She mentally shook herself out of it. She would just go with where ever this went.

"Thanks and you're right Nick's heart is in the right place, he tends to get rather emotional about things though. Though I might just have to get a restraining order against him.. Should solve that" she said trying a small smile.

Lara grinned at the Warm atmosphere of the cafe, with smell of coffee and chocolate lightly filled the room it was almost enough to feel better right here. She smiled wider at Jericho and went to one of the booths for two. " This place is perfect Jericho, starting to feel better already" she said with a laugh.
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Jericho followed Larissa to a booth for two and, before sitting, he signaled to the hostess for two coffees to start. He was sure that they would also order something to eat at some point, too, but coffee was enough to start. "I thought you would like it," he said slipping into the booth opposite her. "They have the best chocolates here, Larissa. Order what you like. It's on me," he said with a wink as their coffees arrived. Jericho added a touch of sugar and cream to his coffee and took a sip. "So, how is work?" he asked lightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:31 am

Larissa grinned "You can call me Lara.. Rissa if you like Jericho, rarely use my full name really" Said as she smiled lightly as she picked up her coffee cup taking it black. It was her Brother Dominic that got her to like black coffee. She still liked cream and sugar, but after a day like today.. some reason she wanted that strong taste.

"Chocolate cake please?" she asked sheepishly, the ultimate comfort food she was sure.

At his questions about work she smiled again "It was alright, been talking with a girl Volunteer there actually.. she is only a kid but from what she has told me she is on her own.. no parents, lives in a childrens home.. I wanted to help her out. and she plans to be a healer to, So Work was good, felt like I gave someone to come to if she need help.." she said her thoughts on her new apprentice as it were.. But she cared about the girl.

"How is work for you? Did you just get off?" She asked returning the question. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach, she rather liked the blonde Auror.. he was a good guy. With him coming to her rescue with Henry.. She couldn't see him ever turning into him..
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Jericho chuckled. "Fine, Lara it is," he said, taking a sip of his coffee, and taking note that she took her coffee black. "I'll take a blueberry cheesecake, please," he added to her order of chocolate cake.

"She's lucky to have you, Lara. Being on your own so young, and at a time like this, just having someone to go to is a wonderful thing," he commented when she told him about the girl at her work. Jericho was impressed that Lara would reach out to this child that way. She really was a remarkable woman.

Jericho sipped his coffee as their treats arrived. He took a bite of the cake as she asked about work. Shaking his head, he answered her, "It was my day off, actually. There is an old bookshop around from where I found you that I go to, well, used to go to a lot." He looked away for a moment, memories dancing behind his blue eyes as he touched and spun his wedding ring that still rested on his finger. "But, then I figured that I should add a few new additions to my library," he finished looking back up at her with a soft smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Lara smiled hoping she made a difference for the girl in the end as well. "Thank you.. I hope I can help in the end. perhaps one day I will introduce you?" she said suddenly thinking her having a friend in the Aurors wouldn't be a bad idea either.

She observed as he seemed to be taken away by memories for a short bit and that he fiddled with his ring on his finger. Seeing it she felt a small ping go through her center as she wondered what must be going through his head. Memories of his late wife surely, and mildly she wondered it was right of her to having feelings for a man who was possibly still recovering from his wifes death.. it was a horrible thing for him to go through.. Horrible for anyone really, but she still wanted to see where this went. Perhaps she could still be his friend even if something more would be out of the question..

Lara returned his smile, and found herself curious what books he picked up, she and her brother Isaac were both ravens, they had little else in common other than the fact the both loved to read, they were Ravenclaws to the heart it seemed.

"Glad to see all that Auror business has't dampened that Ravenclaw heart of yours Jericho" She said with a chuckle as she took a taste of her chocolate cake which was really good. "Which ones joined the collection of you don't mind me asking?" She asked still curious.
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 pm

"I'd like to meet her sometime, if think we should," he said to her when she spoke of introducing the girl to him. If Lara wanted him to meet this little someone, he wasn't going to turn her down.

Jericho reached down and brought up his pack from the ground next to the table. Reaching in, he chuckled lightly, "The Raven-heart of mine never stops beating...." With a wink he drew out the three books he picked up: Legends of the Emerald Isles, Conquests of a Fallen Dynasty, and Herb-lore: Common and Uncommon Methods. "Kind of an array of topics really..." he said handing them to her. "You and your brother....Ummmm.... Isaac, right? You both still only share a common house?" Jericho asked lightly, remembering that that was all those two shared in school.

He enjoyed her company, he decided. Lara was different. It was almost like he was starting to feel again. But, was that alright?

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Lara chuckled as she looked at the books and smirked glad his ravenclaw heart still beat strongly. All the books he got looked interesting to her, particularly Legends of the Emerald Isles, and Conquests of a Fallen Dynasty, she'd likely get the herblore one as well just to expand her knowledge on the subject. "I might see if I can borrow one or two of them when you are done" she said with a chuckle. "All three look interesting"

She laughed when he talked about Isaac and nodded "Pretty much, he is still as cold and grouchy as ever really, He works at the ministry actually, Head of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, you might see him around" She said with a smile, despite being at odds with her brother she still talked about him fondly, even though Isaac was to grouchy for her liking sometimes.

"Do you have any siblings Jericho?" She asked curious since they were discussing her brothers she had no idea if Jericho had any brothers or sisters.
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Taking a bite of his treat and washing it down with a drink of coffee, Jericho smiled. "Of course, Lara. I'm not opposed to lending out my books," he said with a wink. "This one I am particularly interested in," he said tapping the cover of Legends of the Emerald Isles "Always liked stories from other lands..."

Jericho thought about if he had seen Isaac around at the Ministry, and honestly couldn't recall if he had. But, being as they worked in different departments, it didn't surprise him too much. "I remember that he was normally a grouchy fellow, early or not," he said with a laugh. "It always seemed like he had some kind of chip on his shoulder about everything. I'm not sure that I've seen him at work, though," Jericho added.

At the question of whether or not he had siblings, he nodded. "I have a younger brother. He works are Gringott's as a financial adviser. I think you were a 6th year when he started at Hogwarts. Another Ravenclaw, just like me and mum. Erik Young ring any bells?" he told her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Lara glances at the book Jericho mentioned and nodded "It does sound like something that can strike the imagination" she with a chuckle and nodded in agreement, Already imagining marvellous things that could be in the Emerald Isles . "I hope to read it when you are finished with it?" She asked sweetly even though he had already given permission she was even more curious about that one now as well thanks to his comment about it.

She smirked to his comments about her brother Isaac and laughed slightly. "He is about the most level headed wizard I have seen in a while though. Never once have I seen him panic or not know what to do when something bad happens. So there is good to all that" She said talking about her cold second oldest brother with warmth in her voice. Of her brothers Isaac was likely the one she was least close to. He was never hurt, he never need comfort or advice, at least from her unlike Nick and Dominic who were always getting into trouble. Isaac was the odd one out of the boys.

"Hmmm, Erik Young, might sound a little familiar, perhaps a passing a hall or study session" She said with a chuckle. " Never got to know him though.. He really is a younger brother eh? quite an age difference there, are you two close or?.." Paused and blushed wondering if that was a proper question to ask. "I mean if it is alright to ask? I am only curious, as almost 10 year age gap" She asked sheepishly. She did that sometimes she asked personal questions to satisfy her own academic curiosity without realizing it.
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Seeing Lara's interest peek at the book he mentioned, Jericho smiled and said, "Why don't you read it first. I have loads of books to keep me busy for a while so there is now rush to finish right away." he was happy to hear that at least one of her brothers can keep a level head. Jericho thought back to his reactions when the Ministry was attacked on his first day back. He had lost his cool.... But, given the circumstances, it wasn't that surprising.

Jericho was in the middle of taking a drink when Lara's next questions reached him. He began to laugh, making the mistake of doing so with a mouth full of his coffee, and swallowed some the wrong way. He gave a few great coughs to right himself before chuckling without choking. "Erik and I are as close as siblings nearly 10 apart can be. I mean, there are always the staples of a brother's closeness: family, school, things like that. But, other than those, we are so different that it's sometimes hard to be close like that," he answered her. "What we do have, the kind of bond we do have is very close....." Jericho added.

"What made you decide to work at St. Mungo's?" he asked suddenly with a wink, switching the topic to her for once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larissa Travers Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:52 am

Lara blushed when he noticed her interest and off that she have first go at the book.. "If you are sure?.. " she asked timidly, not sure if accepting was rude of her or not. She grinned when he told her of his brother finding it great that even with the age gap they were still close. "Good, family is family yes?" she commented.

At his question to her working at St Mungos she tilted her head unsure if he meant being a healer in general or working at St. Mungos in specifically. "Likely not the reason you expect" she said with a sheepish chuckle. "I became a healer at St. Mungos because of my family, they are... " she paused trying to get the right words.. " Rather at war with each other over certain issues.. I have never taken any ones side in the fighting.. I want to be on good terms with all my brothers and parents. Being a healer as round about as it may sound keeps me out of the fighting, yet lets me help any body without.." she paused and continued in a hushed voice "Sounding like a traitor.." she whispered hoping she got her meaning. Her brother Nick was already disowned be their parents she didn't want that to happen.

Lara wasn't sure if telling him all that was called for or if that was even what he meant. But she said it now and there was no taking it back.
Larissa Travers
Larissa Travers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down