The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Long Sleeps End (Jericho)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long Sleeps End (Jericho)

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:26 am

"Sir, his vitals are up! The monitor's beeping louder and more frequently than ever!" The nurse told Alastor, regarding Jericho's state. The man had been in a coma for at least seven months. He had missed so much already. It was about time he woke up. Not to mention that he had a lot of work to look forwards too after his little vacation. Of course, Moody would 'let him' rest. "C'mon Jericho, wake the heck up!" Alastor nearly ordered, as the nurse exited the room. Moody had truly missed his best friend...

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Sleeps End (Jericho)

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:40 am

"Joelle, I'll be back later. There is something at the office I need to attend to," Jericho said as he kissed his wife's cheek. "Be safe and come home in one piece," she answered as she always did before he left, returning his kiss. "Always..." he said with a wink before grabbing his leather jacket from the hook by the door, stepping out, and disapparating to the Auror's office.

An owl arrives.... "Jericho Young, we regret to inform you..."

"C'mon Jericho, wake the heck up!"

Jericho attempted to open his eyes at the command of his boss and best friend. Where was he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:50 am

With a contumacious grin, Moody shook the bed Jericho laid in with all his strength. That garrulous young lad would have to wake up somehow, even if Alastor had to make the entire Earth shake. "Jericho, wake the fuck up this instant!" He ordered loudly. His voice sometimes was irksome, but his tone was needed. It gave Alastor respect, and it surely aided waking comatose patients. C'mon, Jericho!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:59 am

"You don't need to shout, Moody. I'm right here..." Jericho said, his voice raspy and weak from not being used in months. After several moments, his eyes finally flitted open. As he focused on his friend's face, he suddenly noticed he didn't recall where he was. Looking around slowly, he asked, "Where am I?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Alastor sighed with relief, as Jericho seemed to still be the same young man he was before falling into that deep slumber. Soon, however, his face was filled with anger. Not directed at Jericho, but at the fact he had been asleep for seven months, "You're in fuckin' Saint Mungo's, that's where you are!" he spat, before breathing deeply. "You've been asleep for seven months," he said, shaking his head, as he remembered once more his friend had been gone for more than half a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:14 pm

"Saint Mungo's... What in Merlin's beard...." Jericho echoed as he tried to find a memory that would tell him why he was there. You've been asleep for seven months... His blue eyes locked back on Moody as his mind tried to compute what he was being told. "Seven months? That's impossible..." he said as his brow furrowed. Moving to attempt to sit up, he demanded, "What happened?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:24 pm

"What happened? Its a funny story." Moody then proceeded to tell Jericho all he knew. All he was informed. He had been informed Jericho had been hurt in a task, and fell into a coma. However, Alastor knew Jericho was not involved in any tasks in the week he had been hurt. "So, all I know is that you definitely were not hurt on an assignment! But other than that, I just don't know what happened. Don't you have any memory of what caused you to fall into this coma?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:42 pm

As Moody told him about what he had heard about the cause of Jericho being in this coma or seven months, he tried to pull any form of a memory from his mind to help put the pieces together. The story told of him being on assignment and getting hurt, appartently bad enough to end up here. Jericho settled himself against his pillows, sitting up, as Moody's tale came to an end. So, all I know is that you definitely were not hurt on an assignment!

So, he hadn't been on assignment.... When Moody asked him for any memory he had that might shead a little light on this event, Jericho gently rubbed his forehead with one hand before moving it to wipe his face and then letting his hand fall. With a shake of his head he said, "All I remember is walking into work, getting an update on a few things, and walking down the hall to my office..." Seven months....gone.... With a heavy sigh, Jericho reached for the pitcher of water and glass on the bedside table. With shaking hands, he managed to pour himself a glass of water without too much spilled. Setting the pitcher back where it was, he looked up at his friend, "That's all.... Then.... Nothing...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Alastor stroked his chin, sighing heavily, "Were you not with anyone that day? Someone must've seen you or spoken to you!" Alastor said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:57 pm

As Jericho drank, he thought about who he might have talked to or seen that day, whatever day it was that he had any glimmer of a memory from. "Just Peg who I spoke to about some case updates... I know I spoke with her..." he said trying to remember more. "That's all, I'm afraid, Alastor. I don't know if there were more or who else they might be..." Jericho said frustrated that something as simple as who he had seen or spoken to was simply not there.

Last edited by Jericho Young on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Alastor nodded, instantly placing his hands inside his pockets. "Very well, I shall go question her immediately." he said, as he concentrated on the Ministry. "While I go, you should speak with the nurse. Ask her if she collected your memories for safety like they did with me once..." he advised, before vanishing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:46 pm

As Moody vanished with a pop, Jericho called for the nurse. "So glad to see you awake, Mr. Young," she said cheerfully as she entered his area. "We were a little worried about how long you had been under..." she chatted away as she did a quick check over of his vitals, "You have a great friend in Mr. Moody. He checked on you nearly every day..." Jericho smiled as he let her check him over. "Good old, Moody..." he mused. "Everything looks in order. You'll regain your strength quickly I think. Is there anything I can get you, Mr. Young?" she asked with a smile as she noted everything in his chart. "There is one thing. When I got here, were my memories taken for safety purposes?" Jericho asked her. The nurse looked in his chart to see if there was anything noted about memories being taken. She slapped the file shut and nodded as she replaced it at th efoot of his bed. "As a matter of fact, they were. Common place procedure for Aurors," she answered him with a wink. "Shall I fetch them for you?" Jericho nodded with a smile. With that, she was off to retrieve his memories.

Within a few minutes, the nurse returned with a Pensive hovering behind her. Handing Jericho the blue vial containing his memories, she excused herself and closed the curtains as Auror memories could contain classified information. The Pensive moved to in front of Jericho as he upstoppered the vial and poured the contents in. Closing his eyes, he dipped his head into the liquid and a rush of memories met him....

He saw it all... The walk to his office, Stephan and his short chat, the fight.... Pulling out of the Pensive as the memory ended, Jericho was stunned. Pulling down the collar of his robe, he saw the faint scar on his chest just to the right of his heart where Stephan had cursed him. Looking up and focusing on nothing, he moved the Pensive to the side and growled, "Stephan....."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Alastor returned, huffing briefly, before passing a hand through his weak hair. He sighed, as he had found out nothing. Nothing at all. Peg had no idea if Jericho had been with anyone, or if anyone had paid him a visit in his office. Useless woman.

As Moody glanced around, he noticed the nurse had come to Jericho's side. "Ah good, you did what I asked. Find out anything?" Alastor questioned him, noticing something seemed to be disturbing his friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Jericho tipped his head slightly as the nurse returned and began prepairing to put his memories back in the vial. When Moody returned from his talk with Peg and asked what he found out, he held up a hand for the nurse to stop putting the memory back. he took a deep, sharp breath and motioned to the Pensive. "See for yourself..." he answered his friend in a harsh tone left over from his own anger at the discovery his memories gave him. It would likely be better for Moody to see the memory with his own eyes than for Jericho to tell it. Knowig his supposed best friend would do what he did to him, not just the attack but setting up his wife to be murdered, made it difficult for Jericho to talk about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Moody snarled, as he jerked his wand. The pensieve rose to the ceiling, slowly moving towards Alastor. Grabbing it with his two powerful hands, Alastor dove his head in, and a flash suddenly hit him. He was taken deep inside the memories, those that belonged to Jericho, and fell into that dark day. Opening his eyes wide, Alastor noticed Jericho stepping inside the Ministry.

Moody followed him closely, tracing his every step. From his talk with Peg, to him entering his office. Going through the door like nothing but a poltergeist, Alasor stood next to Jericho,  as he saw Stephan already waiting for Young. Then, it unfolded. The battle, the revelations. As soon as Alastor had seen enough, his head came out of the pensieve.

Nodding at the nurse, he then glanced at Jericho. "This is a piece of information we can't lose." he said, as the nurse finished placing the memory back into the vial. "Accio," he whispered, as the vial came into his free hand, "What are you-..." The Nurse was about to ask, before Alastor nonverbally cast Stupefy. She sat next to the wall, stunned, as he held the vial. Casting obliviate afterwards, Alastor erased her memories, before turning to Jericho. "Let's go. No questions. Let's simply move!" he ordered with a roar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Jericho waited as Moody viewed his memories of that day. Not unexpectedly, he was less than pleased with what he saw. When he took the blue vial of memories from the nurse and then made sure that she wouldn't remember what unfolded before her, Jericho couldn't help but simply look at his boss and friend with a face that simply said, 'Really? But, he understood. It was just how things were done...

When Moody ordered him to move, Jericho threw the covers back and sat, turning so his legs, clad in St. Mungo's issued pants, could reach the floor, he went to stand. When the room began to spin, thanks to the long nap he had taken, Jericho stumbled slightly and put a hand out to steady himself on the bedside table, knocking the water pitcher to the ground, shattering it. Pinching the bridge of his nose with his other hand, he took a few deep breaths to help his mind get its barings. Seven months without moving was a long time to suddenly be up and about right off. Moving his hand to run his fingers through his blond hair, he slowly opened his eyes only to find the room still moving on its own. "Damn...." he muttered under his breath, giving his head a little shake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Not wasting another second, Alastor pulled Jericho to himself, holding his friend powerfully, to make sure he didn't fall, "We can't wait another second," he said, apparating them out of there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top