Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Severing The Past (Severus)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Severing The Past (Severus) - Page 2 Empty Re: Severing The Past (Severus)

Post by Severus Snape Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:07 am

Still partly confused by the conversation he had with the Gryffindor, Severus was somewhat relieved when Sirius changed the topic. He didn't deal all to well with feelings of uncertainty and confusion, as he always felt like not being in control of everything and if he admitted it, Severus was some kind of control freak. It gave him the stability and safety he needed to funktion properly
And when Marvolo and Regulus had told him about Black's actions, he had felt like that again. "I was definitely surprised. I mean just imagine how you would have reacted a year ago if you returned from your summer break and Potter told you that him and me were best friends now. This must be about how I have felt. The thing with Marvolo, your flirting gave me already some warning that you might get serious about it, but that you would actually join our side?" he shook his head. "I couldn't believe it and I think the conversation would have turned into a full blown fight with me deadly pissed had I not just returned from the dark lord. Inwasn't really up to fighting at that time..."
Severus trailed off here, of course he would not tell Black how emotionally draining it was to spend such a long time in close proximity to their lord. Constantly having to watch your back, how you acted, what you said, what you did, just so you wouldn't feel the man's anger in form of the cruciatus on you. "And while I was still trying to process what they had just told me, they were going on and on how much you had changed and that you and Marvolo work together and that you're truely one of us now." Severus looked up at Sirius and shrugged. "I just realized that fighting about it wouldn't make a difference, so I just accepted it and decided to keep an eye on you." he said with a slight smirk.

Severus Snape

Character sheet
Jobs: Potion Master
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Severus Snape and James Potter best friends. Now that would be an even more surprising sight. But Sirius's turning was...expected by Regulus. Somehow, his brother had a feeling it was gonna happen. Possibly because Regulus always knew Sirius had a dark side waiting to come out. Many others knew this. James. Remus. But those two, they simply did not want to admit it.
"That, surely, would've given me quite a shock. And Marvolo's a bad influence on people," Sirius continued, now trying to joke a bit, after that whole relationship conversation. "I've met him, actually. Marvolo said I intrigued him. Most likely due to said change. How was your time with him? Is it stressful to be next to him?"

Sirius heard closely, and was pleased at how Marvolo and his brother seemed to be talking about him. "Getting in a fight in Marvolo is never too wise. Somehow, she finds a way of always winning." Sirius grinned immediately afterwards, as Severus exclaimed his intention on keeping tabs on Sirius. "Guess that's fine. Hope to not disappoint your watchful eye." he stated, with a wider smirk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:47 am

Severus snorted at Black's attempt at a joke, but was actually glad that the Gryffindor tried to lighten up the mood a bit. That was something he had never managed to do, once the conversatiom had turned serious, he never knew how to turn it back to a lighter topic again, but he had seen other people do it quite effortlessly, just a small joke and everyone could smile again.
Maybe that was the reason that Severus felt relaxed enough to talk with Black about the dark lord. "Stressful? Well with the dark lord you always have to be on your guard, even as one of his loyal servants, he doesn't tolerate the slightest mistake and unlike our professors here, he doesn't just take points if you mess up." he told Sirius. "I guess you could call that stressful. But how was your meeting with him? It must be different if Marvolo or her sister are there as well, seeing that they're family." That was acually a question that had been burning in him since he heard that Black had met the dark lord.
"And I hope so as well, so far I don't see reason to complain though, except you being a Gryffindor of course." he added with a smirk.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

House : Slytherin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:32 pm

The dark lord. Seemingly, he was already striking fear in the heart of even the most powerful wizards. Dumbledore was surely worried about what was going to happen. He'd be a fool if not. Severus described him as a sort of ruthless person, what you'd expect from your average dark lord. Maybe he could go easy on Sirius. Just a bit. He did have Marvolo by his side.

At the sound of Severus's question, Sirius's mind traveled back to that night in the forest. "Bet he just isn't the most pleasing person to be around," he said, firstly, "My encounter with the dark lord was rather...fast. And unexpected on my end. Marvolo told me to meet her at the forest, and so I did. After a, not so calm, conversation with her, the dark lord appeared. And of course, he was suspicious. Though I don't blame him. He couldn't be sure a former blood traitor could simply start to be loyal to him." Sirius continued. It was quite true. Even Severus could be having his doubts. And surely he was. But Sirius would not blame any of them fro having said doubts.

"Can't help that now. Though surely the hat would now put me in Slytherin." he concluded, crossing his arms, with a quick shrug, and a grin afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:49 pm

No, pleasant was definitely not the word Severus would use to describe the dark lord, he thought, as he listened to Black's encounter with the man. So Marvolo had arranged the meeting, that would also explain why the dark lord had come so close to Hogwarts. Normally, he just summoned the people to him and then gave them the mark. Severus still remembered his meeting with him. Lucius had taken him to the dark lord, as he wasn't old enough to apparate yet. He could still feel the excitement and pride he had felt back then, about to be accepted by one of the most powerful men alive. It had been a painful and terrifying experience for him, kneeling somewhere in a dark hall, surrounded by a dozen or so masked deatheaters, but back then he had thought it well worth it.
"I guess, my eyes will not be the only ones you will have on you from now on. The dark lord doesn't trust easily and will probably test you several times before accepting you. Though surely, having Marvolo at your side will help things along a bit." Severus said thoughtfully. "And I always wondered why you weren't sorted in our house, but you do have this Gryffindor recklessness that the sorting hat probably couldn't look past." he added with a smirk.

Last edited by Severus Snape on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:22 pm

The trust issue existed, but Severus had a point. Marvolo was probably his best shot at being accepted. Making people understand he was no longer the blood traitor he was before. They had to understand he actually wanted the darkness. He craved for it. And he was not gonna stand by, watching that same darkness flee. It could not deny him. It was his true destiny. Rule the wizarding world, along with the most powerful wizards of his era. He understood everything that was gonna happen. This dark lord was nothing but a pawn. Others would be pulling strings. He just didn't know who yet. But Marvolo was a strong competitor in that run.

"Guess that Marvolo is a good point on my side. I do hope the dark lord takes her opinion into consideration. And in time, I hope it becomes your opinion too. I don't want our lord to accept the fact that I am at his side. I want him to wish for me to be at his side. A lot to ask, I know, but if not him, at least others. Like you. I know those whom I can trust. Hope soon, you become one of those people as well, Severus." Sirius stated. "My past haunts me. Mistakes I did lead the hat to put me..." he continued, pointing at his house badge, "...here. Not proud of it. I'll always be labeled as a damn gryffindor. Not all wizards that enjoy the darkness have to be from Slytherin." he finished, as the smirk vanished from his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:48 pm

(Side note, no one has been marked yet. only promised themselves to the dark lord the actual event is coming soon.)
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: Unspeakable
Blood Status: Pureblood

https://tiesthatbind.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:02 am

(thanks, Cole, I've edited my post a bit)

Severus had to admit that Black's aim, to be not only accepted but wanted by someone like the dark lord was very ambitious and he seemed determined to follow through with it. Both were very Slytherin qualities and he had the feeling, that maybe the other boy would really have done quite well in Slytherin. "Imagine how far you could already be had you been sorted in my house in your first year. No wasting time with useless pranks, but diving right into the true matter of the dark arts." Severus said with a thoughtful expression. "Though I'm sure you're smart enought to catch up quickly if you put your mind to it." he snorted, "the lost child has finally returned to where it belongs..." wasn't there some weird muggle story like that?
Again, Severus couldn't help but feel surprised that Sirius seemed to be set on making him if not friend at least an ally and he wondered why that might be. "You really want my opinion of you to change, do you? Why is it so important to you what I think? You already have most of the others on our side in your pocket." he asked him. It was an honest question, Severus himself didn't feel the need to be close to all people on their side, some he even disliked quite a lot, but it seemed important to Sirius.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 am

It was quite true, and Sirius had to wonder if Slytherin was what was supposed to be his true destiny. A Black being sorted into Slytherin was usual. But he had to go and break that tradition. Why did his judgment have to be so clouded before? "I believe I can eventually catch up with every Slytherin. As a Black, I'm not exactly a bad wizard." Sirius stated, showing pride in his family for once. "I know I can get to the same level any Slytherin my age is." he said, and then out right laughed at Severus's comment. After all, now, he really did belong in Slytherin.

Ah, the question Sirius was waiting for. He knew this one was coming. It was quite obvious that Severus wouldn't just leave it unanswered. "Lucius tells me the dark lord is quite fond of you. Or so it appears. Having you by my side wouldn't be that bad." he responded. "As you said, he'll want me to prove myself. Having you as an ally could prove quite useful. You never what he'd ask. Imagine he'd ask what you thought of me. And I had yet to talk to you. Wouldn't be the best way to impress him, now would it?" He asked, trying to sound reasonable and truthful. For now, he wanted Snape as an ally. If in the future it changed to something else, he'd welcome it. But for now, he simply needed another powerful ally in the matter. Severus fit the profile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 am

Severus snorted at Black's show of family pride, though not as derisive as he would have some time ago. Now he was more amused by the fact that Sirius, who had always taken great care to distance himself from his family would feel pride of belonging to them. "I guess you Blacks do have your merits..." he conceded with a smirk. Severus knew that Sirius was quite talented in many subjects and it would definitely come in handy to have someone like him on their side. It was the others' loss of making him change sides.
At least he is answering the question honestly, Severus thought as Sirius told him the reason he wanted him as an ally. It was true that the dark lord valued his knowledge in the dark arts and his skill in potions, a subject most wizards seem to fail, which was good. As long as he was the dark lord's best choice, he wouldn't be replaced, and replaced meant, getting killed, but Severus was confident that he could hold this position, especially once he had his mastery. "You're right, it will please him to see you have the trust of more of his followers, people whom he knows are loyal to him." he agreed with Sirius. Not that he thought that the dark lord would ask him outright for his opinion, surely he was more subtle than that, but he would watch their interactions and draw his conclusions. Severus wasn't trusted by all deatheaters either, mostly because he was just a halfblood, but so far he had always been able to asure the dark lord of his loyalties.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:12 am

Sirius was glad Severus acknowledged his correct theory. He was also happy he was actually right. But what he said was obvious when speaking about the dark lord. "Of course. Regulus is also talented now isn't he..." Sirius stated, leaving it up to Severus to respond or not. Fact was Regulus did seem to be talented in dark arts. He had all those books, and even Sirius was able to learn something after taking a look.
Sirius could still count by his fingers those he knew that were loyal to him, and were liked by the dark lord. Marvolo, Lucius and Regulus. It could be enough, but then again, what if it wasn't? That lead to that conversation. At least Severus would also be one of them. "Marvolo has promised I'm gonna see him again. Hope it's not strange I've been looking forwards to it." Strangely, Sirius was confiding a lot with Severus. Maybe, because after all, it was easy for the two of them to talk. They were different, but very similar. Both were rejected by someone, Severus's case being Lily, and Sirius his entire family other than Andromeda and his uncle. Maybe Sirius had done a mistake never trying to talk to Severus before. The influences he was under didn't help of course, but that was still not a good reason. He could not justify those years of torment, but he could make it up to Severus somehow. He only had to find out how.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Severus inclined his head in acknowledgement. He knew that Regulus was very talented and had an immense knowledge of the dark arts, otherwise he would have never befriended the boy. Severus didn't make friends with stupid people, he tried to surround himself only with people that had enough brains to keep up with him. That's why he never understood how someone like Potter and Black could befriend someone like Pettigrew whom they only tagged along. Why would they not seek someone with more skill? Severus had been wondering about that since first year.
He chuckled when Sirius admitted that he was looking forward to meeting the dark lord, as he remembered his own excitement  when before he had first met him. "I know quite well how you feel. I couldn't wait to meet him again either, after my first meeting. I was so excited to prove myself to him." he told Sirius. Of course he would never admit that he had sought the dark lord's respect. Never had any adult shown any pride in him, so his lord's words were like the greatest gift to Severus.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:53 pm

When the time came, what would the dark lord do to make Sirius prove himself? That question hovered above Sirius's mind. And would he be able to prove himself? So many questions that came across Sirius's mind when it came to that matter. "I'm sure he'll find a way to make me prove myself, and torture me at the same time." he said, half serious. He wasn't sure how much Voldemort would do to punish him for formerly believing everything the dark lord stood for was wrong. He'd have to get used to having Sirius close, because he wanted to be able to stay be Marvolo's side. As the clock tower's clock sounded throughout the school, Sirius looked back. "Well Severus, it's been fun having this chit-chat. We shall talk soon again!" He extended his hand, with an open palm. He was ready to leave, and a possible handshake wasn't needed. But it showed respect. From both ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:38 am

Severus chuckled darkly at Black's half-joking words. Once in front of the dark lord, he would have to show if he really was as brave as Gryffindors were said to be, although it wouldn't help him much.
Bravery only amused the dark lord and his cruiatus would be all the more stronger if you stood up to him. "I'm sure he will, he doesn't need anyone amongst his servants that are useless, but I guess you don't have to woryy too much. Your name alone will get you the respect of many, the Black family is know for their knowledge of the dark arts after all." he said with a shrug. Severus was convinced that the dark lord wouldn't test Sirius too much, only his loyalties were the question after all.
When the clock chimed, Severus cursed slightly, he hadn't realized that they had been talking so long. It was weird that they hadn't even insulted each other once. For a second he only looked at the offered hand, but then shook it. "See you in class, Sirius." he said with a curt nod and then quickly headed to the great hall to grab some dinner before the house elves cleared the tables.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2