Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Meeting someone new (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Meeting someone new (Open) Empty Meeting someone new (Open)

Post by Oliver Jones Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Oliver wandered down to the great hall he was wearing just some casual clothes nothing fancy. He smiled and took a seat pulling his book out. He then looked around the great hall and noticed one other person was here, some girl who looked to be in Ravenclaw from his guess. He got up and walked over smiling and gestured to the seat beside her. "Mind if I sit it gets lonely when your by yourself, unless you want to be alone then I'll leave. Not a big deal at all." He smiled and waited for a answer standing there with his book clenched tightly to his chest.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Meeting someone new (Open) Empty Re: Meeting someone new (Open)

Post by Antares Malfoy Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:16 pm

Antares had a small plate with a so far untouched sandwich on the table slightly to the side. In front of her, in all of its knowledgeable glory, lay a tome on advanced healing magic. It would be a long while before she would be able to attempt and of the actual magic, but she enjoyed learning how the spells worked. As she flipped the page, her fingertips not even touching the delicate paper, she heard a male voice speak to her left and she looked up to address him. "Yes, I suppose," she replied, not really minding at all if someone joined her. Her gaze took in the boy and then the book in his hands. The boy was fairly attractive, but Antares was more interested in what he was reading. "What's the book about?" she asked, her tone easily become a lighter one.
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Oliver smiled and took a seat setting his book on the table as he began to once again read his book. "Oh my book it's about a girl who in her past lives and I'm her current one is the soul mate of a immortal boy and he's trying to get her to remember him from her past lives" he smiled "it's not that interesting if you don't like fantasy and fiction and stuff like that." He smiled softly and ran a hand though his hair. He chewed on his lower lip. "I'm Oliver by the way Oliver Jones" he smiled at her.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Antares returned her gaze to the book, wanting to finish off the paragraph she had been reading before she offered more of her attention to the boy. Turning to face him once she was done, she asked, "what's it called?" Non-fiction had always been her preference, but sometimes she enjoyed reading fiction novels, though only if they were good. She was not opposed to not finishing a novel if it was boring or poorly executed. Antares offered the boy a smile, knowing that she hadn't been curious of his name before hand. "I'm Antares," she replied, "you're a Hufflepuff, right?"
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 am

Oliver looked at his book and smiled "It's called Fallen" he smiled and ran a hand though his hair which was a bit messier then usual today. But it still looked nice, he watched the blonde ravenclaw girl with a smile. He then nodded at the mention of her name. "Yes I'm a Hufflepuff forth year. Your a Ravenclaw right?" He asked raising a eyebrow smiling a bit. The girl seemed like a nice person but a bit to into her reading non fiction he knew that Ravenclaw was meant to be he smart house but she seemed extra into them.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:05 am

Antares raised an eyebrow and leaned over to see what she could of the book. She hadn’t heard of it before, and she wondered if she would like it. “Is it a muggle book?” she asked, thinking that it looked as though it had been made in one of those machines. “Do you think I could borrow it when you’re done?” she asked, “I prefer non-fiction, but occasionally I like to try something new in the fiction department.” The blonde smirked slightly when asked her house and she gestured to the table. “Well, I would think it would be obvious,” she replied teasingly, “I mean, we are sitting at the Ravenclaw table, and I do have a massive book in front of me.
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Oliver nodded and smiled and stretched "ya it's muggle book I got it in Ireland" he smiled and laid his head down. "It's a good book but it's slow at the beginning." He smiled at her as he speaked. He then nodded and smiled "I almost done with it just two more chapters" he smiled a bit he then laughed "ya well I didn't want to be rude and just guess that you were Ravenclaw what if you had been a Gryffindor" he chuckled softly.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Ah,” Antares said, her gaze quickly slipping over the area around them, making sure that nobody was overhearing their conversation. As paranoid as it sounded, if it was announced too loudly that she was interested in something made by a muggle, she would be in for a long questioning from her brother. “Thank you,” the Ravenclaw said with a happy smile, “and I assure you, nobody would be insulted for being presumed a Ravenclaw. Unlike the other houses, being called a Ravenclaw is pretty much a compliment.” The girl closed her book, before sliding it into her charmed book bag and picking up her sandwich. “Have you eaten?” she asked after the first bite, “because I know I often get so carried away with reading that I forget to.
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Oliver nodded and then chuckled "hey now being called a Hufflepuff isn't half bad you know. We are very nice" he chuckled a bit and then shook his head "not since breakfast but it's ok I don't mind all that much." He smiled and shrugged "I often don't get hungry or I have a small stomach so eating a lot at one meal often fills me for the day." He smiled and sighed. "Muggles are very strange but amazing they make such amazing stories" he chuckled softly. "Though myself and my sister are pure bloods we love the stories Muggles tell." He smiled at the Ravenclaw and just looked down at his book smiling.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:10 am

Antares smirked and said, "not from a Slytherin perspective. And deny it all I may, I have a significant Slytherin streak." Her tone remained light, because she was only teasing. Houses only displayed one's most obvious trait, not all of them and sometimes not even their greatest. "I'm always hungry!" she said dramatically before taking an exaggerated bite of her sandwich, "the house elves do a wonderful job with the food here." Antares didn't show a reaction to what Oliver said about his blood status, because it didn't really matter to her. But she did take note of it before she answered, "I enjoy some muggle stories. I hadn't really read any until recently, though. What's your favourite?"
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:44 am

Oliver laughed "I guess it would be" he smiled and then shrugged "ya well I don't think you could be fit for just one house most people fit into two houses but the hat just puts them into the one that they will fit into better" he smiled "so in your case you were more ravenclaw then you were Slytherin" he smirked and set his head down relaxing and then he chuckled a bit "The best ones are the fairytale a so Red riding hood, Cinderella and such. I love a good old fashion fairy tale" he chuckled "I'm a bit like a kid like that" he chuckled a bit and shook his head "by my favorite story is fantasy and si-fi." He smiled and looked at her flashing one of his smiles.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:46 am

"I like to think I fit better into Ravenclaw, but almost all of my friends are Slytherins. Plus my brother," Antares said, "not that that bothers me, but I would have thought I'd have at least one friend in Ravenclaw by now." The stories that he mentioned she had heard of and one she had even read. "Fairytales? What does that mean?" she asked, "and I read Cinderella, and it's not overly spectacular. The fairy god mother must have been a witch." Resting her head ad against the table to match his, she raised an eyebrow and asked, "are you tired? And what is Sci-Fi?"
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Oliver laughed and shook his head "I don't think it matters look at me I'm a Hufflepuff but most of my friends so far are ether Ravenclaws or a different house" he smiled a bit. He then chuckled "I like fairy tales because there so out here ya know like just something that seems impossible like finding your true love after losing a glass slipper. There just so silly it's amazing" he chuckled. He then sighed "it's because for most people they read it to seriouslay read it again but don't expect anything from it read like like your a little girl getting a bed time story" he smiled and shrugged "I'm just a childish person I guess" he then sighed "naw not tired just relaxing and Si-Fi is like science fiction you know? Like stuff like time travel and such? You know aliens?" He smiled.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:02 pm

"But not Slytherins?" she said with a smirk. She knew of some nice Slytherins, but the stigma they had was pretty negative, and now it was probably even worse. "It was a nice story and everything, but it wasn't too thrilling," she said, "but I'll try again, and maybe even this Red Riding Hood thing." Anatares kept her face aligned with his against the table and grinned. "There is no problem with being child like," she said, "I've never heard of it, but I'm sure I'd like it. If it's interesting, I mean."
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:29 pm

He chuckled and shook his head "it's not like I hate on them but I don't think any of them have taken a interest in me" he chuckled and shrugged. He then stretched a bit. He then smiled and nodded "ya well my kind of stories may not work for you, you may like historical fiction better for all I know?" He smiled and laughed a bit he then shrugged "i don't know I've just a been more like childlike my sister is the mature one out of the two of us" he smiled st her and just shrugged. He sighed and stretched a bit yawning slightly.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:24 am

"Don't take it personally. They only have an interest in me because of my last name, I think," she said. Antares believed that only a few of her Slytherin friends genuinely cared for her, and instead majority of them believed they could use her somehow. "Maybe, but I do like to give everything a try at least once," the girl said, shrugging. Antares nodded and said, "well, my brother is probably more mature in soneways, but in others he is like a spoiled child. Olivia is your.. sister? Friend? Girlfriend?" She smiled and sat up straight again to take another bite from her sandwich.
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:25 am

Oliver nodded and smiled "well not all of us got some fancy last name to get us in the secret clubs" he chuckled and smiled he then nodded and looked up thinking about his sister. He laughed "Liv is my twin sister" he told her smiling a bit. "Pain in the ass but I love her all the same" he chuckled he looked at her and flashed a smile. "Do you have any siblings?" He asked "sorry I guess most people would know who the children of Draco Malfoy are but ya" he laughed softly.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares Malfoy Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:38 am

"Sometimes I wish I had a different one for that exact reason," she said with a wink, "but don't tell anyone." Really, she was proud of her family and her name, but she just wished that there wasn't such an expectation surrounding it. She would rather that she was from an unknown family, so that she could do whatever she wanted. But, alas, she could not change her name, nor who her family had been, and so instead she figured she might as well go with it. "There's another one of you?" she asked, a look of mock horror on her face before she smiled again, "I'm just kidding. Is she as nice as you are? To other people, of course." At the question about her own siblings, Antares nodded and said, "my brother, Scorpius. That's all, though I also have my Uncle Blaise's daughter, Nicolette. We grew up together, so we might as well be sisters. It is just you and Olivia?"
Antares Malfoy
Antares Malfoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down