Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Taking a break (open)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taking a break (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking a break (open)

Post by Elena Grindelwald Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 pm

Last edited by Elena Grindelwald on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Elena Grindelwald

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:40 pm

"Oh Merlin, no!" Mio exclaimed laughing loudly. His father might be a potions master, but he had absolutely no interest in the subject. "I mean, of course my father already taught me a few things and tricks, but brewing potions is definitely not something I enjoy" he told Neville, still chuckling.

Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Grindelwald Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Neville breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that Mio had not taken offense in his blurted out question. Still, he was rather surpried that he did not like potions. "I would have thought, that you would love potions like your father..." he said softly.
Elena Grindelwald
Elena Grindelwald

House : Emperor

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:45 pm

"Why because I'm so much like him?" he asked jokingly. He really had a few traits from his father of course, but he was much more like his mother. His sisters on the other hand were more like their dad.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Grindelwald Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Neville chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, I guess that was a stupid presumption." he admitted. Mio was so very different from Professor Snape that it was hard to believe them to be father and son. "You are not at all like him. You're really kind to me." Neville told the other Gryffindor truthfully.
Elena Grindelwald
Elena Grindelwald

House : Emperor

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Mio sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was really sick of people measuring him on his father's deeds and behaviour, but there obviously was nothing he could do. "My father is not that bad, you know?" he said, slightly defensive. "He is very strict and I guess sometimes a bit prejudiced against our house, but he really just wants his students to work hard and respect their teacher."
Although Mio really liked Neville, he wouldn't take shit from anyone about his dad, or any other family member.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:06 pm

"I'm sorry..." Neville said subdued and ducked his head to show his regret at having said something which had obviously insulted Mio in some way. "I'm just quite scared of your father. He always looks so dark and dangerous." he said, trying not to anger the other boy.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet
Jobs: Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Mio shook his head. "You don't have to be sorry. I know you are afraid of him. But you have to realize that he really doesn't pose a danger to you. I mean what's the worst thing that can happen, huh? Points taken? Detention?" he winced slightly. Admittedly, his dad's detentions could get rather bad, but he didn't have to tell Neville that.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Neville nodded at Mio. He understood that none of his professors would hurt him, but that didn't make them any less scary! That was the problem and Neville couldn't help himself.
"I just try not to draw his attention on myself." he said, smiling sheepishly.
"How is he as a father, though?" Neville asked because he really couldn't imagine Professor Snape as a dad or even husband.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Mio had to grin at Neville's question, as the other boy seemed to be completely unable of picturing his potions professor as a father figure for anyone and he couldn't even fault him for it. "He's ... " he started thoughtfully, "he's strict, but really quite fair, I think. I know he loves my mother and us children, even though he doesn't often show it openly. But that's just how he is. He keeps his emotions pretty bottled up most of the time." he told Neville, shrugging sheepishly.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Neville looked at Mio, slightly taken aback. Of course he had know that Professor Snape had a wife and three children, but he just had never really thought about what it actually meant. Some woman had to have fallen in love with that man, he thought, shaking his head.
"So...how is your mum like?" he asked shyly.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Mio laughed out loud at Neville's expression. The boy was too funny sometimes, without meaning to of course. "My mum is great! She was in Gryffindor like me, you know and now she works as a healer at St Mungo's. She's really nice and loving. I'm sure you'd like her." he said, smiling warmly as he thought of his mother.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neville Longbottom Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:40 am

Neville shook his head slightly. He still couldn't picture Professor Snape with a loving woman, especially a Gryffindor, but he would just have to take Mio's word for it.
"She sounds really nice. I'm glad you have such a nice mum." he said heartfelt. At times like these, Neville missed his mother more than anything.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Mio grinned at Neville and nodded. His mum was really cool and he should really appreciate her more often. "Thanks, mate." he said, looking up into the warm sky thoughtfully. "What about your parents?" Mio asked the other boy.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Neville sighed and looked at his hands, a sad expression on his face. He normally didn't talk much about his parents, his grandmother was always telling him that they were beyong help now and he grew up knowing his parents as sleeping bodies only.
"My parents are..." he sighed. "It's really complicated." Neville picked at his fingers nervously.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Mio frowned when he saw his house mate get slightly tense at the mention of his parents and he quickly reassured the other boy. "Hey, don't worry, Neville. We don't have to talk aboit your family, if you don't want." he said quickly.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

"No ... it's ... it's fine." Neville shook his head, but managed a small smile for Mio. "You see my parents are at St Mungo's being treated for the long-lasting effects of the cruciatus curse." he told him, quoting the healer at the hospital. Somehow it sounded so much better than, my parents have been tortured insane.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Mio bit it lip, feeling sad for the other boy. "The torture curse?" he asked, slightly dumbfounded. Of course, he had heard of that spell, but these days you just didn't read anything about anyone using it anymore. "Are they ... are they going to be okay?" he asked. Maybe they had only been hit by it for a short time and would be released from the hospital soon.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Neville nodded, his expression slightly closed off and wounded. "Yes, the curse was invented just to cause as much pain as possible. It drove my parents over the edge to insanity." he said quietly, his voice oddly calm. "The healers say they will probably never be themselves again."
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Mio couldn't believe how anyone could use such a spell, but he knew that there were enough dark people alive that would find pleasure in causing someone else pain. He didn't know if his father had ever used the curse, but to be honest, he'd rather not know.
"I'm ... so sorry, Neville. It must be awful to have them so close, but still unreachable. When did this happen?" he asked carefully, not wanting to upset Neville any more.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:10 pm

"It hard sometimes." Neville admitted. Even if he grew up knowing his parents that way, it was still very painful for him to see other families while he had no one but his grandmother. "I only have my grandmother, but she is often busy with all her duties as head of the family, so I'm not really used to being around so many people."
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Mio nodded empathically. He couldn't imagine how it would be for him to lose his parents even if they annoyed him sometimes with all their rules and guidelines, but he loved them. For him friends and family meant everything, so he could really feel with Neville. "When did this happen, Neville? Who did this to them?" he asked again.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Neville looked up at Mio, something dark glinting in his eyes. "Bellatrix Lestrange." he muttered darkly. One day he would kill that woman, if he could, but he would at least try his best. There was no one he hated as much as her. Not even you-know-who.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Mio pushed himself up on his elbows and looked at Neville. He had heard of Lestrange already and knew that she was residing in Azkaban at the moment, since her imprisonment after the war against Voldemort. That could only mean that the other boy had lost his parents to insanity when he was only a little baby. "I'm so sorry Neville. Luckily the bitch has been locked up, though I can't understand how she didn't get the Kiss." he said with force. Some people just didn't deserve even a stay at Azkaban.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:09 pm

"Mhm..." Neville agreed softly. He also couldn't understand why people like Lestrange would be kept alive or sane where always the risk would remain that they could hurt someone. But at least this way he still had the chance of getting his revenge on her one day and that he would was not doubted for a second.
"Maybe they think suffering is Azkaban is worse than insanity, but I can tell you, nothing is worse than insanity." he muttered darkly, thinking of his parents.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2