Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

bookworms, friends, or both? (Hermione)

Go down

bookworms, friends, or both? (Hermione) Empty bookworms, friends, or both? (Hermione)

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:51 pm

It was just after dinner, and instead of going to the common room to be rowdy and socialize, he instead went to the library for a little light reading. He picked up the last remaining copy of Hogwarts, A History to read, since he didn't really get a chance to finish it the last time he had been here.

He sat in the corner, on a comfy chair, his knees propped up and the book open, reading intensely, not really noticing anyone in the library, just concentrating on what he was reading. Right now it was the measures used to protect the school.
David Shuter
David Shuter

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

bookworms, friends, or both? (Hermione) Empty Re: bookworms, friends, or both? (Hermione)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Hermione had gone to the library to read up on a few things for her classes. She picked up the book she needed and sat at a table to read. She noticed a fellow Gryffindor reading a book that she had been through multiple times. "That's a good one," she said to him without looking up from her book.

Back to top Go down

bookworms, friends, or both? (Hermione) Empty Re: bookworms, friends, or both? (Hermione)

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:13 pm

David jumped slightly at someone speaking to him, he looked up and saw the brunette he had almost ran into when he was just about to meet Harry and Ron. He smiled slightly at her and said "Well, it's been good so far." he then, after a few minutes of thought, got up and walked over to her table and sat across from her "What are you reading?" He gave her a full smile this time, trying not to stare at her too much.. sure.. she had some unappealing features.. at least to most, but David found her beautiful, especially her eyes.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Hermione held up the cover of her book. It read A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration. "Most people think that it's boring, but I find it rather fascinating," she said. It seemed odd to be reading a textbook for something other than class or homework, but it was something that Hermione did regularly. It never hurt to be ahead in class.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:25 pm

David smiled slightly "Hey, do did I, I read it twice over the summer, although alot of it didn't make sense to me.. I guess I should read it again soon.. Maybe after Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts which I plan to read after this book" He grinned on the inside, this girl seemed to be a lot like him, which was a good sign. "I'm David by the way, David Shuter" he smiled warmly at her "And you are?"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Hermione smiled a bit. Someone who read almost as much as she did. It wasn't something that happened everyday. "Hermione Granger," she said. "Nice to meet you." Hermione wasn't normally very good at making friends. She came across and bossy and arrogant at times, and she spent too much time studying to have many friends anyway. It was nice to meet someone who seemed to feel the same way as she did about school.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:43 pm

David continue to smile as she introduced herself "please, the pleasure is all mine" he replied politely, he was sure she would take it as politeness at least, when he truly meant it. He then decided to keep the conversation going by saying "so.. have you read any muggle books?"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Hermione nodded at his question. "Loads," she said. "My parents are muggles, so that's what I grew up with." Hermione had been a bookworm ever since she learned to read. When she got her letter it just magnified that hobby. She knew more about magic than some of her classmates that had actually grown up around it. It fascinated her beyond belief.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 pm

David had been slightly surprised at this new information, yet another thing they had in common.. She was so good at classes that he had thought she must have grown up in a magic family. He realized it was stupid thinking, since Ron grew up in a large magical family and still was clueless in most classes. "Thats cool.. My mother is a muggle.. and I grew up with just her, so I have read loads of muggle books, which is your favorite? Mine are the Lord of the Rings books" He smiled at her
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Hermione raised her eyebrows slightly. "I enjoy mostly non-fiction books. History is probably my favorite type of book," she said. Hermione enjoyed learning about things that had happened in the past, so that she could apply it to the future. The best way to get better is to learn from your mistakes, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

David had to admit, he never had really gotten into those, he loved history, but he never actually got into the genre for it. he said "ahh, those are interesting.. but frankly, i wanted books which would transport me to a different world.. I didn't have the best childhood.. I was bullied lot.." he shrugged, hoping he had not divulged too much information
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Hermione sighed slightly. "I'm sorry," she said. "People can be so ignorant sometimes. They don't like what they don't understand." Hermione had dealt with her fair share of ridicule, but she tried not to let it bother her. That was another reason why she didn't have many friends. "But that's why we're in Gryffindor, I suppose. We're strong."

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:19 pm

He smiled slightly "I guess that is why. I kinda wondered why i was put in Gryffindor, thanks for clearing it up" He knew he could stand up to people, but his other features, like his nerdyness, were always more prominent.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Hermione nodded, smiling. "Of course," she said. Then she opened her book back up and went back to reading. Friends were great, but she still had to have time for studying. She didn't want to seem rude though, so she stayed in the library instead of going back to the common room and curling up in a corner with her book.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:27 pm

David didn't mind that much, as he had time to read his own book. he propped his knees up on the edge of the table and opened up his book once again, starting to read again. He flipped the page and started to read about muggle technology not being usable here. Camera's seemed to be the only exception.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down