Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Astronomy lesson 1.

5 posters

Go down

Astronomy lesson 1. Empty Astronomy lesson 1.

Post by Chase Niberus Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:50 am

Chase walked around the Astronomy tower with the pillows flowing next to him, he let them fall on several places and then he summoned the blankets. He had everything ready for another year at hogwarts, he would expect a lot of first years.

Chase looked out at the falling night and smiled to himself and then he turned to his chalk board and ordered his chalk to write down the today's lesson. He enjoyed seeing new faces around the school corridors. He was busy telling the chalk what to write and his head turned to the door now and then waiting for the students to come in.

Today was a short introduction lesson for the first years, explaining the rules and what the subject is the coming weeks.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Astronomy lesson 1. Empty Re: Astronomy lesson 1.

Post by Artemis Black Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm

Artemis pulled her plain black hoodie over her tank top and watched as it fell to above her knees. She was slightly excited for Astronomy due to it meaning she can stay out late and draw what she sees in the sky. Walking slowly to the tower, she met Ember on the way, seeing her wearing a giant sweater and leggings like she was. Ember took Artemis' hand despite Artemis' dislike to a lot of touch. They walked together to the Tower in silence and the moment they entered, Artemis walked towards the back onto a dark purple pillow whilst Ember took a blood red one. ''Hello Professor Niberus. Can't wait for your lessons! I look forward to the ones in the future.'' Ember called out from her pillow at the front. Artemis simply held her note pad and drawing pad close to her chest whilst her golden telescope, engraved with constellations, laid on her lap. ''Hello Professor.'' She muttered, staying quiet as she looked up at the shining stars and the beautiful moon that was her companion on the nights she could not sleep.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Assassin/Psychologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Mio yawned and stretched on the bed. He really had to get going if he wanted to make it to astronomy on time, so he pulled himself up and grabbed his bag. On his way up the tower, he met a few of his housemates and rolled his eyes when they made fun of him having to go to class this late
He really didn't mind staying up late. to be honest, Mio enjoyed lying in the grass and staring at the night sky. That's why he had picked Astronomy, to be able to study the stars he so loved to watch.

When he arrived there were only two girls present, so he went over and sat down next to them after greeting his professor. "Hi ..erm.." he thought shortly, to remember what their names were. He had been introduced to them this morning in charms after all. "Ember and Artemis, right?" Mio smiled at them when he finally remembered again.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Ember smiled as she saw another Gryffindor walk in. ''Yeah I'm Ember and that's my sister, Artemis. She's a slytherin and i'm a lion like you.'' She said, happily whilst Artemis shuffled closer to the window to look out of it. Ember yawned slightly and rubbed her temples. ''So tired...but i suppose if it's to do Astronomy, then you have to pay the price.'' She mused, grinning. Whilst Artemis looked so lively, used to the lack of sleep, Ember looked as if she hadn't slept in days.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Decibel Allen Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Walking into the classroom, Decibel nodded to professor niberus, turning he smiled at the two sisters he'd met before. Sitting next to the two he frowned slightly "Are you alright ladies?" he asked "you both look exhauste"
Decibel Allen
Decibel Allen
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:30 pm

"Nice to meet you, Ember and you, too Artemis." He inclined his head thoughtfully and watched the two sisters. "It's rare to find siblings in different houses, especially Gryffindor and Slytherin. But then again, my sisters will probably not end up in Gryffindor either." he said laughing as he thought of Rachel and Violet.
Mio chuckled slightly when Ember yawned. "I was already half asleep back in the dormitary, but I think it will be worth it." he said excitedly.

Then another boy walked in and Mio raised his brow slightly, at being so openly ignored.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Chase saw two girls walking in and it was an Slytherin and gryffindor. He turned around and bowed for the girl who was very happy to be in his class. "Well thank you miss...Shadow? Am i right? Hello miss Calor, beautiful night isn't it?" Chase winked as she saw the quiet girl look up at the moon. "I see you already have chosen a pillow and if you are cold, there are blankets and here there is some hot chocolate milk, tea or pumpkin juice and some sweets, take some if you like." Chase said happily, rubbing his hands together and another student, another gryffindor walked in. Chase looked on his piece of paper with all the names under the pictures to look if he could see who it was. "Hello Mister Snape, how wonderful to have you in my class." He said to him and noticed that he looked a lot like his mother Selena but better not embarass him on front of other students about who he taught already a couple of years back.

Then another student walked in, a Ravenclaw. Chase was a bit disappointed to see no Hufflepuff students as he was the Head of Hufflepuff and he had such a great group of first years but he was happy to see that students came up here. He smiled at the Ravenclaw boy. " Hello Mister Allen right?" He asked the boy. He decided to wait a couple of minutes for other students to arrive.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Ember smiled. ''Yeah it was odd being separated with my sister seeing as we were so hooked on being in the same house.'' She admitted before tilting her head. ''You have sisters? Younger?'' She asked, curious. ''I wonder if they'll be in the same house.'' She mused. Seeing Decibel walk in, she smiled brightly and waved him over. ''Hello Decibel! This is Endymion but people call him Mio if i remember correctly.'' She introduced before tilting her head, yawning again. ''I'm exhausted...Artemis is completely fine. She never really gets tired as she's used to not sleeping.'' Ember explained.

Hearing herself be addressed, Ember looked up and smiled. ''Yes..I am Ember Shadow.'' She said, hearing a slight shuffle behind her. Artemis had stopped looking at the moon and had turned to face the Professor. ''I am Artemis Faye Calor.'' She introduced, respectfully. ''It is a very beautiful night. Very clear and bright.'' She inspected, looking back at the sky once more, not bothering to speak again whilst she inspects the sky.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Niraeya Abyan Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:48 pm

A yawn escaped her as she walked into the class. "Hi professor," she said, covering up another yawn. Niraeya was not a night person which definitely made her question her decision in taking up astronomy. "Hey Ember, Artemis... Mio?" The last name came out as a question as she couldn't really remember if that had been the boy's name or not. "Stranger," she said in greeting to the Ravenclaw boy she didn't know. Immensely happy to see the fluffy sack mounds one called pillows, she plopped on the floor cross-legged opting to cuddle a pillow to her chest rather than sit on it. She was already half asleep as she leaned her head on the cushion.
Niraeya Abyan
Niraeya Abyan

Character sheet
Jobs: Scholar
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Mio nodded. "Yes, my sisters are both eight years old and they might end up in Slytherin...or Ravenclaw perhaps." he mused. That would surely be interesting to see if they would both be in the same house. In some ways they were so different althought they were twins.
Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Mio turned to the other boy. "Yeah, I'm Mio."

Looking up at his teacher, Mio smiled slighty. "Thank you, Sir. Astronomy was one of the subjects I was really looking forward to." he told his teacher. Just now he noticed all the blankets and pillows and grabbed some to get comfortable. He smiled in greeting to the new arrival that looked even more sleepy than Ember. "Mio is right."
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Chase nodded the misses Shadow and Calor and saw one familiar face coming in, he smiled at her. "Welcome by your first Astronomy lesson, miss Abyan." The first Hufflepuff and he snapped back to mister Snape as he told him that Astronomy was his favorite subject. "Glad to hear that, mister Snape. I will not disappoint you."

Chase walked around and then stopped and turned to the class. It was time to start the lessons. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to start the lesson. It will not be an one hour and half lesson today as it is the first lesson. I will explain a couple of things, the first thing is that how you are sitting comfortable with the hot drinks and the sweets that is always at the beginning of the lesson as i need to explain a few things about the stars etcetera. I see most of you have brought your own equipment, it is a must because these few weeks you will need to have a telescope, if not for whatever reason, come to me i will give you one of the old ones." Chase paused for a moment and looked around and then turned back to his class. "In the weeks that you are working on your own at an essay for me about jupiter and it's moons, You will describe everything what you see on your notebooks and as homework i want you to study and find interesting things in your books or the library. At the end of the semester you will hand in the essay and i will give you your grade. I will write on the chalk board in the next lessons what has to come in your essay next to your observations." Chase nodded and then he walked to his own telescope, it was a big bigger than the normal ones, the students had. "This telescope is property of the school but you are allowed to watch through it if you aren't sure about what you saw, in all the lessons i will be walking around or calling you one by one to look at your observations and ask how you are doing. I hope that i gave enough information and if something isn't really clear, don't hesitate to ask me. Are there any questions so far?" Chase asked the students looking around.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:08 am

How could this have happened, Rowan scolded herself upon seeing that she was late, actually late, for a class. And not just any class, a class that she loved. Making her way to the Astronomy Tower, she stopped just outside to catch her breath before entering. She shook her head at herself as she heard Professor Niberus already in full swing with the lesson. Not wanting to interrupt, she took the first open seat she could find in the back and sat, taking out her parchment to begin taking notes where she came in. She would face him after class if need be...

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Mio had to hide a grin when he heard that it would be a common occurance to be able to cuddle down in comfy blankets with hot chocolate and nice sweets. Yes, this would definitely be his favourite lesson, he thought.
He listened closely to what would be awaiting them in the next few weeks and the thought of putting so much work in an essay made him sigh. Still, Mio thought that the lessons would make up for it.
"No questions, Sir." he said, when the man was finished.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Niberus Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:09 am

Chase looked at the girl who was late and slipped that through his fingers as it was the first lessons. He still looked around for questions when the Snape boy said that he had no questions, Chase nodded. "So if no one has questions for me then we could start with a short version of the lesson. Find a spot and set up your telescope and describe what you see, if you have seen enough, come up to me and tell me what you have seen. After you told me, you can leave your notes behind and then you can go back to your dorms. I will look at them and write notes on it and give it back the next lesson. One last comment before i'm shutting up and let you go ahead, if you still have questions or if you can't figure something out, don't hesitate to come and ask me, i don't bite i'll only offer you a drink and sweets." Chase said jokingly and then he clapped his hand letting students know that it was now the moment to get up and get working on the small essay.
Chase Niberus
Chase Niberus

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down