Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

The fire is as warm as ever (Ron) [PG-13]

Go down

The fire is as warm as ever (Ron) [PG-13] Empty The fire is as warm as ever (Ron) [PG-13]

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Harry sat on the armchair, during his second night at the castle. This time around, most of the gryffindors were either asleep, or just in their dorm. Harry couldn't sleep. Not yet. This world was a new thing to him, and he was rapidly getting used to everything, but it still left him to wonder how much better was this world. He did lose his parents because of the world he was in now...but he also had new friends in the magical world. He suddenly let out a sigh of tiredness, as he stared at the chess table close by.

Back to top Go down

The fire is as warm as ever (Ron) [PG-13] Empty Re: The fire is as warm as ever (Ron) [PG-13]

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Ron woke up and rolled over to find Harry's bed was empty. Sitting up, he wondered if his new friend was having trouble adjusting to the magical world he was now a part of. He couldn't begin to imagine what it was like to not know anything about it and then just be thrown into it head first. Getting up, he slipped into his slippers and quietly headed down to the Common Room. When he reached the bottom of the steps, he spotted Harry in one of the armchairs. "Can't sleep, Harry?" Ron asked with a small smile. Seeing his friend looking at the chess table near the fireplace, he pointed to it and asked brightly, "Do you play?" Maybe he'd have someone to play Wizard Chess with if Harry did.

Back to top Go down

The fire is as warm as ever (Ron) [PG-13] Empty Re: The fire is as warm as ever (Ron) [PG-13]

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Harry heard the footsteps of another gryffindor coming down from the dorms, and looked at the entry way as Ron stepped through, "You can say that," he answered as he got up, "Only normal chess," he responded as he looked at the table of wizard chess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Ron's smile brightened at hearing that Harry at least knew the basics. "Then you already know how to play. There is just a little....extra....fun to Wizard Chess," he said moving to the chess table and taking out the red and white pieces. Waving Harry over, he said, "Come on. Let's play. Red or white?" Setting up the pieces, Ron waited for Harry to join him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Harry shrugged, and pointed at the white pieces as he sat down, ready to try to understand this game of chess that had an extra percent of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:23 pm

"White it is," Ron said as he took his place behind the red pieces. "It's just like regular chess, Harry. Only, instead of moving the pieces youself, you can tell them where to move. White goes first," he said with a grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:22 pm

"Pawn from 2D," Harry called for the piece, that seemingly titled its head, "move to 4D," he ordered, and the pawn quickly moved. "Wow," Harry said as his eyes widened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Ron simply grinned as he watched Harry experience the chess pieces moving for the first time. "That's not even the best part," he mused as he called for his pawn from E7 to move to E3. The pawn nodded and moved to the square daigonal from Harry's. "Go ahead, Harry. I'll give you this one," he said with a wink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Harry smiled warmly at Ron's attitude, "Pawn, move to E3," he said, half expecting something strange to happen, but in fact all that happened was that the pawn got up, nodded, slashed Ron's pawn, and took his place. It was pretty strange in its own way though, "Wow..." Harry mumbled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Ron was happy that Harry took his pawn. After the red pawn was dispatched by his white one, Ron cleared the rubbled pieces of his red pawn from the board and said happily, "Welcome to Wizard Chess, Harry." Calling for another piece to move he glanced up at Harry, still stunned that Harry Potter was not only in his house, but his friend, too. "How are you liking it here so far?" he asked, trying to make conversation. He knew it was only their second night at Hogwarts, but it was something to start with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:25 am

Seeing Ron move another pawn, though only moving one step ahead, Harry did the same, with the pawn opposite to Ron's. Soon, his attention shifted from the game to his friend's words, "Oh it's been...cool to be here. Everything's different, but I already have friends...which is good..." he mumbled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Ron took his turn, moving another pawn two spaces over from the one he just moved. "Friends are good, Harry. I bet you are making loads of them being....well....who you are," Ron said with a crooked smile. He prided himself with being Harry's first friend since they really hit it off on the train coming here. "Different is good, right?" he asked tilting his head slightly. He didn't know much about Harry, but maybe now would be a good time to learn a little bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:53 am

"Well, being who I am seems to upset a lot of people..." he murmured, but then shook his head and smiled up at Ron, "Different is...different as well I guess...it can be good, or not, depends on what the subject is..." He sighed, and then looked at the chess table, "How have you been? Making new friends as well?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 pm

"Don't let them get you ya, Harry. Not everyone likes everyone..." Ron said with a small shrug, returning Harry's smile. Thinking about what he said about different being one or the other depending on what is different he agreed. "I guess that's true. But, don't let it get ya down. I mean, not everyone is the same. If we were, it would just be boring," he said, glancing at the chess board to see if Harry moved. His question about whether Ron had been making friends made him look up. "Sure, I guess, I've made a few. It's still early, though. So, more friend will be made as more time passes, I think," he answered. "What do you think of our classes?" he asked with a rather dull expression on his face. Ron still couldn't believe that they had homework on their first few days of lessons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Harry nodded as Ron answered his statements with his own, and the thing was, they made sense. When they spoke, it made sense. They understood each other, and Harry was glad to have a friend like that. Heck, Ron seemed to be his best friend. Or at least up until now he did. "Well, they're sorta, new to me...all of them. I'm just glad we've been together on most classes, and you've been with me when professors ask things of me I don't even understand," he replied with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:17 pm

"Well, what are friends for, Harry! I wouldn't just leave ya to fend for yourself," he said happily with a look of 'come on' on his face. The look faded slightly before Ron looked at the chess board and said, "Hopefully, you'd do the same for me." Ron was forever living in his brothers' shadows, and for once, it was nice to have someone who did know them. Really, who met himself before his brothers. Harry really was his best friend. "Even though they are new, do you have a favorite? I think I like Defense Against the Dark Arts and Care of Magical Creatures the most," Ron said, letting some of his brighter self return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:48 am

"Of course I'd do the same for you," he admitted with a smile, and then moved his horse from B1 to C3. "Well, I think I like Care of Magical Creatures too. And maybe DADA as well," he smirked as he and his best friend now even shared their favorite subjects.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 pm

"Thanks, Harry," Ron said with a small smile and moved his bishop from C8 to G4. It felt good to know that he had a friend, a real friend, that would actually be there for him should he need someone. "No foolin'?" Ron asked as he heard that Harry enjoyed the same classes as he did. "That's great, Harry! I think my least favorite is History of Magic.... All those essays and lectures. Give me practical lessons any day..." he mused, leaning back in his chair and watching the fire dance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 pm

"I know right?" he asked excited he and his friend had so much in common already. He had lost the focus in the chess game, and was now just extremely excited, "I wish I had a brother that was like you Ron, we'd get along pretty well," He admitted with a shrug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:14 pm

"You can have one of mine," Ron joked. He really liked his brothers, most of the time, and his sister wasn't too bad either. "Or, you can have my little sister...." he said glancing up at Harry. The focus on the game was really not there anymore. Ron was simply enjoying just being with and talking with his new best friend. It was great to have so much in common with someone that he had only just met a little while ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:28 pm

"Nah,..." he said as he smirked. A little sister would probably be very different. Very different. "Well, is she annoying?" he asked as if he was interested in taking Ron's sister. He had a serious demeanor now, but Ron could easily tell he was joking if he payed attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down