Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Shopping for School Supplies

Go down

Shopping for School Supplies Empty Shopping for School Supplies

Post by Endymion Snape Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm

It was only a few days before he would leave for Hogwarts and Mio was already more than excited. He had packed his trunk days ago, making his sisters tease him about his eagerness, but he truely didn't care. He knew that they would act just the same in three years when they would be leaving for their first year.

Today, Mio would be going to Diagon Alley for the first time to get his school supplies and he had woken up before his usual hour. Rushing to his parents' bedroom, he threw open the door and jumped onto his father's chest. "Wake up, dad! We need to get going!" he shouted excitedly.
His father's dark eyes didn't even open, as he reached up and sneaked his arm around his son to press him down to the bed beside him. "We will be going nowhere, son." he grumbled lowly. "Urg...dad!" Mio glared as he tried to push his father's arm up again that held him pinned to the bed. "But we need to buy all my things." he whined slightly.

On his other side, his mother laughed softly and ruffled his hair. "Relax, Mio. It is much too early. The shops won't be open, yet." she told him and he could easily hear the smile in her voice. "Alright, mum ..." he pouted and cuddled up to his parents, hoping that the time would pass quickly.

a few hours later ...

Mio and his father had flooed to the Leaky Cauldron and after a short chat with Tom, the bartender, they finally stepped into Diagon Alley. Mio could hardly take in all the new impressions. He never had seen so many wizards and witched before and the little shops in the street seemed to be out of another century. "Wow..." he breathed out, "That's amazing, dad!"
His father gave a short nod and then grasped his arm to steer him towards the small intrance of a shop. "While I will buy your potion's kit, you go in there to get your wand. Listen to Mr. Ollivander, he knows what wand will fit you." he explained and gave him a slight push in the direction of the door, before turning and walking down the street, vanishing in the crowds.

Taking a deep breath, Mio stepped inside the dusty shop and looked around. There were high shelves with little boxes, probably holding the precious wands, but there was no sign of the shop owner.
"Erm ... hello? Anyone there?" he called out and stepped towards the counter.
Suddenly, an elderly men stepped out of the shadows between the high shelves and Mio turned to greet him, but before he could even open his mouth the man had thrust a wand at him. "Try this one, Mr. Snape. Twelve inches, pine, unicorn hair." he told him, in a creaky voice.

Shrugging, Mio took the dark wand into his hand and swang it slightly. Somewhere in the back of the shop a loud bang resounded and Ollivander quickly snatched the wand out of Mio's hand. "No ... I think not. You see, your father has a pine wand as well, so I thought ... but nevermind, nevermind." he muttered under his breath and went back towards the shelves, pulling out a box.
He opened it and carefully took out a pale wand which he handed over. "I have the feeling that this wand might fit you better, young man." Ollivander said and Mio slowly extended his hand to take the wand from him.
Almost instantly, he felt a surge of energy running through his body towards the wand and bright sparks started sprouting from it's tip.

"Ahh ... yes ... a perfect match. Eleven inches, ash with a core of a Phoenix' Feather. I always say that there is some truth in the saying rowan gossips, chestnut drones, ash is stubborn and hazel moans."
The man looked down at Mio with a thoughtful expression. "Oh yes ... you definitely have quite a stubborn mind, young man, but I also see great courage in you. You will find a loyal ally in this wand, Mr. Snape." he said seriously and Mio nodded, feeling like he was facing someone with great wisdom.

A knock sounded behind him and he turned to find his father waiting outside. When he looked back, Ollivander had vanished once again in the shadows of his shop. Shaking his head, Mio left the shop to join his father. They still had to buy his school books and uniforms, but he thought that getting his wand was the coolest thing today.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down