Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

What do we need school for anyway? (Ian)

2 posters

Go down

What do we need school for anyway? (Ian) Empty What do we need school for anyway? (Ian)

Post by Carmen Thorne Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:01 am

Carmen was hiding in an empty classroom. She was supposed to be in Divination, but she hated the subject. She had asked to use the bathroom about half way through and had not returned. She was kind of bored, but it was better than listening to the professor talk about stuff that she thought was a bit crazy. She knew that divination was useful, but it wasn't the class for her. She'd have to see if the could transfer from it as soon as possible.

It felt like hours by the time the lunch bell finally ran, and she was so quick to get out of the room, that she ran straight into somebody. "Watch it!"
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

What do we need school for anyway? (Ian) Empty Re: What do we need school for anyway? (Ian)

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:11 am

"Idiots..." Ian muttered under his breath, although a smle was playing around his lips. He had left behind his friends in the entrance hall, plotting another prank to play on some of the older students. But he had planned to use his break to get some homework done and so was heading towards the Hufflepuff common room when suddenly out of nowhere someone ran into him. "Hey, what..." Ian exclaimed and reached out to steady whomever he had collided with. "You okay?" he asked the girl when he looked up.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

What do we need school for anyway? (Ian) Empty Re: What do we need school for anyway? (Ian)

Post by Carmen Thorne Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Carmen would have stayed angry if it weren't for the fact that he actually asked if she was okay. Not to mention the fact that it was pretty much all her fault. Smiling, she nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you alright? I'm sorry, I didn't even look before I came rushing out." The boy seemed nice, and she wasn't the type of person to be mean just because. She adjusted her bag on her shoulder and smiled. "Hey, where were you headed? I can walk with you?" Carmen asked because she felt bad for being pissed at the poor boy.
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Ian smiled warmly at the Slytherin girl and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." he said chuckling. "Why are you in such a hurry?" he asked, looking over her shoulder curiously. "Is someone after you or so?" he couldn't help but tease her lightly.
He shrugged when she asked to where he was heading. "Actually I was just going back to the common room to get some homework done." Ian told her and picked up his bag which he had dropped before.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Carmen smiled, glad that she hadn't hurt the boy. She laughed at what the boy said and shook her head. "Oh, I was just so ready to get out of there. I skipped most of Divination and didn't want to get caught." The boy was pretty funny, she had to admit. The girl smirked playfully, "Really? Homework? Can't you do it later? It's lunch time!" In honesty, Carmen had spent many of her lunch breaks doing schoolwork or studying. She wasn't a Ravenclaw for no reason.

The girl grinned and turned on the boy, "Nope! I've decided that since I ran in to you, that you and I are going to have lunch together while I think of a way to make it up to you!" Carmen didn't add on that she didn't really have anyone to each with since her friends were all otherwise occupied. "Leaving your home work until tonight is not going to kill you."
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Ian grinned back at the girl and nodded in understanding. Some classes were just too boring to pay attention to, no matter how much Ian loved to learn all about magic there was. The worst class so far for him was history of magic and he always had to force himself not to fall asleep, especially with the snoring of his friends surrounding him. When she mentioned lunch break, Ian felt his stomach clench a bit and he realized that he actually could do with a bite or two.

"I guess you're right." he agreed, grinning at her. "Let's go and grab some lunch And you really don't need to make anything up to be, I can actually understand the urge to flee a classroom once in a while." he told her, laughing, and started to walk down the corridor. "I'm Ian, by the way." he said and shouldered his back.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Carmen wasn't usually so friendly to anyone. She just felt something around the boy that made her feel light. Perhaps he was a really good person. Or perhaps there was a broken ink well in her bag and the fumes were messing with her head. Either way, she smiled brightly and said, "Great!"

The girl nodded her head, "Yeah.. especially Divination. They just go on and on and I simply can't get a grasp on it. What subject is it that you wish you could just skip out on?" Carmen looked at the boy, Ian, and smiled, "Oh, I'm Carmen!" She held out her hand for him to shake.
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Ian groaned when he heard that not only history of magic, but also divination were a complete bore. "Well now I know what subject I won't pick in two years." he said and snorted. Better muggle studies or something like that, that might at least be interesting, especially as he didn't know much about muggles. "I really don't like History of magic much." Ian admitted. "Not that I'm not interested in what happened before I was born, but I already studied the book Hogwarts a History and so much was covered in there that now I'm just fighting myself to not fall asleep."

He took her hand and shook it politely, giving a slight bow. "Nice to meet you, Carmen." he said grinning. The girl seemed really nice and but more fun than the usual Ravenclaws that usually stuck to themselves.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Carmen blushed when the boy said that he didn't like History of Magic much. She loved it. It was one of her favourite subjects. She had read Hogwarts: A History and A History of Magic more times than she could possibly count, but she still loved to hear the things spoken out loud. "Really? I actually adore that subject. Sure, back in first year everything was the same as what was written in the history books, but just wait. Not everything is in those books. There are so many different things to learn from History of Magic." It was true. There were many things that they were taught by the professor that she didn't know about.

The thirteen year old laughed lightly, and responded with, "It's lovely to meet you, Ian. What house are you in, might I ask? I can usually guess, but I'm having trouble figuring it out at the moment."
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:40 am

Ian crooked his head slightly in thought at looked ar Carmen. "You think?" he asked in interest. He loved most of his classes, so he would be more than happy if history would become more interesting with time. "Maybe I should give it a chance then." Ian grinned at the Ravenclaw, thinking that he should read up on different history books to get a better idea.

He had to laugh when she asked after his house. "Hufflepuff, and proud of it, even if it's overlooked by most people." he said, shrugging. The Ravenclaws were supposed to be the smart ones, the Gryffindors the heroes and the Slytherins the powerful ones while the people of his house where just ...what...friendly? Ian truely didn't mind though because it was better to be underestimated and able to surprise people, than overestimated and disappointing someone. "You're a Raven, right?" he asked her. She seemed smart and very interested in learing new things as well, so that would fit best.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:31 am

Carmen nodded, even though she had already told him what she thought of the lesson. “Yes, it’s way more than it is made out to be. Not useless, either. How would we learn anything if we never looked into the past?” Mistakes would be made over and over if it weren’t for learning about history. Some of those mistakes were world-wide and the consequences could be catastrophic. She didn’t speak of it aloud, though, as she tended to get carried away with such opinions. “I think that you should. Just have patience. All of the classes start out simple.

The girl was not sure if she would have figured him as a Hufflepuff. In fact, he seemed quite intelligent, so being a Ravenclaw wouldn’t have surprised her. But being in Hufflepuff was nothing to be ashamed of, as she was sure many were. Carmen was glad to see that he wasn’t one of them. “You’re right. Ravenclaw to the bone, apparently.” She loved to read and write and have her homework done on time. So of course she was a Ravenclaw. “I often think that maybe there shouldn’t be any houses here. Since there are so many intelligent Hufflepuffs- like yourself- and some really nice Ravenclaws- like me, of course.” She smiled and winked to show that she wasn’t being serious about the last part, even though she liked to think that she was nice most of the time.
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down