Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Time Wasting for Those Who Are as Bored as I (open)

Go down

Time Wasting for Those Who Are as Bored as I (open) Empty Time Wasting for Those Who Are as Bored as I (open)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Adonis wandered around the outdoor sunshine, tracing the paths with his eyes and with his mind. He loved being out and about when there were no classes to attend and, being that he'd already gone and visited the Black Lake multiple times and wasn't quite eager to see the forest, he made his way to the Quidditch Pitch.

Adonis Rift had never ridden a broom before in his life, at least outside of the slow learning he was sure was going to happen in class, provided he ever actually attended one. The truth was, he was too terrified to actually go to class, as he was afraid of failing miserably in front of people. With academics, he was confident that he could dazzle almost anyone, but with sports? The mere thought made him laugh sardonically.

But it couldn't hurt to watch the events and a few practices of the house teams, right? Even the empty pitch was inviting for his imagination. Especially in times when he couldn't find anyone else that was as bored as he was...

Back to top Go down

Time Wasting for Those Who Are as Bored as I (open) Empty Re: Time Wasting for Those Who Are as Bored as I (open)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Scarlett made her way to the Quidditch pitch, broom slung across her back with her black and yellow leather strap. She hadn't been flying since terms ended and fancied a little bit of the exhilaration and freedom that flight always brought her. As she crossed onto the field, she looked around and found that she wasn't quite alone. A younger Ravenclaw boy walked mindlessly along side the Pitch, looking desperately bored. Smiling to herself, Scarlett ran over to introduce herself, "Hullo!" she screamed from the distance. She walked over quickly and greeted him, "Hi!" she smiled, her eyes taking on a dark green instead of her usual brown stands. "Um, I'm Scarlett," she answered, pulling a strung of hair behind her ear as she looked over the boy. She then grinned to herself with a slight chuckle, "And you might be?" she hinted, finding the younger boy quite charming.

Back to top Go down

Time Wasting for Those Who Are as Bored as I (open) Empty Re: Time Wasting for Those Who Are as Bored as I (open)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Adonis nearly fell off of the bench he had just seated himself on when a girl arrived. He was terribly startled by her, so his answer to her introduction came out as a pathetic stutter. "A-A-Adonis. Adonis Rift." A wonderful way to greet a new companion, he mentally chided.

"What brings you out here?" he asked, then slapped himself as he noticed the broom. "Nevermind, I see now." He ran his fingers through his dark curls nervously. That had become a habit, as of late, as he was often briefly frightened upon meeting people. A later decision would result in seeking out relaxation techniques, but right now he wanted to focus on one thing at a time. Right now, that would be Scarlett, the Hufflepuff, who seemed as though she could explode from containing pure excitement and flawless elation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:02 am

Scarlett smiled, "I hope I didn't scare you!" she started with a little chuckle. she then shrugged, "Yeah well, I wanted to get some practice in before, Professor rescheduled our practices for this term," she replied, "I probably a bit rusty!" she added as she cracked a smile. "So may I ask why, you are out this way?" she asked, taking a sit next to Adonis on the bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:22 am

Luna was sitting in the shadows when she heard two students conversing. She frowns and then heard Scarlett's voice and a grin formed on her face. She looked properly and then the voice she heard linked to a face. Adonis Rift. She got up, her black broom in her hands which were covered in black fingerless gloves. She sneaks up behind Scarlett and wraps her arms around her waist, picking her up and spinning her. She placed her down and gives them both a cheeky grin before scratching the back of head. ''Hey Adonis. Nice to see ya again.'' She smiles kindly at Adonis and then turns to Scarlett. ''Hiya Little Red!'' She grins at her and then looks at them both. ''What are you guys doing here? No offense Adonis...but you don't look like a flying type...more of a book person.'' She grins at him with bright eyes.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 am

"I'm exploring... again," Adonis said, giving the newly arrived Hufflepuff a half-smile. Luna had made a correct assumption. "I don't even know how to fly," he added, shrugging indifferently. It caught his attention that Luna had addressed Scarlett as 'Little Red', and he found that to be strange. He supposed that was just the way of nicknames - they were meant to be odd.

"Why are you out here, Luna?" Adonis was, in fact, quite surprised that one person had wandered out here with him, let alone two. He vaguely wondered if there would be more, but he doubted it, really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:39 am

Scarlett tilted her head to the side, "Exploring.. hmm, that sounds interesting," she commented, "And what have you found on our wonderful Quidditch Pitc-?" she asked, but when suddenly picked up and twirled around. "Hey! Put me down!" she declared through laughter. After Luna placed her back in her spot she greeted them happily, each of them receiving a flashy smile and Scarlett receiving her nickname 'Little Red'. Scarlett suddenly found that Adonis was wearing a confused expression, probably from her nickname. "Adonis see, the name Scarlett is not only a name, but a color. See the color Scarlet- spelled with one 't' instead of two- is red. And Luna added the 'Little' because, well, quite frankly, I'm smaller that most people," she explained, finding that Adonis that got the idea. "So Luna, getting some quality flying in before practices are scheduled again?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 am

"I'm a Ravenclaw, I know what the color scarlet is," Adonis retorted. He was slightly offended that someone would think that he wouldn't know synonyms for various colors, especially given the house he was placed in. "I honestly was under the impression it had something to do with the story 'Little Red Cap', which I found to be quite an awful association."

'Little Red Cap' really was an awful story, but he liked it nevertheless. It was one of his favorites growing up, even though his parents discouraged his avid reading of the story. In fact, he had it memorized word for word, and often recited it to his little sister.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Scarlett cracked a fake smile then downed it as she looked away. She didn't like when people yelled or scowled her, "I just thought you would want to know how she came up with it," she mumbled under her breath. "So Adonis, how many people have you met?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm

"Five, thus far, including both of you. I've only met one boy though." He chuckled, remembering his grand time with Leo only a few days before. They hardly ever saw each other, regrettably. Adonis was determined to find him again, though.

"How many friends do you have?" he asked, knowing she'd probably met a lot of people. Friends would make more sense to inquire about, unless of course she was friends with everyone...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:29 pm

She smiled, "Er, ten if I included you, wait, make that eleven" she counted on her fingers, "You know I never actually counted my friends before," she added with a nod of satisfaction. She took a glance at Luna, "But Luna has way more than me! But what do you expect she's amazing!" she commented.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Adonis shrugged; he'd met Luna before, and he could understand why she'd be the social queen, at least for the happy sort of people. She was very bubbly and outgoing, almost too much so, and it would only make sense for her to have lots and lots of friends. Adonis was perfectly happy without them.

Talking to people was nice, and he was fond of socializing, but having that many people in your inside circle bothered him, as he was actually a rather private person, at least when it came to affairs that mattered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Luna shakes her head at Scarlett. ''I ain't got many friends. Around 7 or something.'' She drawled out slightly as she was thinking. ''And I've been here for about two hours...I like relaxing here.'' She looks around, and then back at them. ''Why explore here? I mean...i'm so tempted to explore the forbidden forest...'' She shrugs. ''You're a quiet guy, Adonis. I ain't seen ya around many people.'' She says looking at his face to take in the emotions.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Scarlett looked at Luna then Adonis, "Yeah, you don't really talk much. You're a man of a few words, I guess. You remind me of a lot like Ginny!" she rambled on happily. "You probably don't even know who I'm talking about,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Adonis's eyes flew wide at the mention of Ginny. "Ginny as in Ginny Gage?" he asked for desperate clarification. He was sure that's who they meant, as he hadn't even heard about another Ginny in the school. Things could go from average to very, very bad between these two girls and him if they were talking about the same person. It all depended on how much Ginny knew, and how much they could deduce from her story about him, if she'd told one to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Scarlett giggled, "Yeah, Ginny Gage! She's always thinking about things differently from other people," she replied, hearing a lace of desperateness in her voice. Something about this boy made Scarlett feel as though he was very secure about some topic.

Last edited by Scarlett Rose on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:51 pm

"Uh-huh..." Adonis said absently. He wanted to change the topic of conversation because he didn't really like talking about people, let alone Ginny Gage. However, he didn't know what to say. He looked at both girls, trying to see if they would come up with something on their own, but the concept wasn't looking too bright in their eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Luna notices he wants to change the conversation and smiles. ''So Adonis what are you discovered on your...explorations of this school?'' She asks curious. She's been here for three years now and never really had the chance to explore. She mostly played her guitar, flew her broom and stayed in the shadows. It was only last year people actually started talking to her and that was after her rage at Sirius.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:48 pm

"Um, well," he began, trying to think. "I've found the Black Lake, the Trophy Hall, the dungeons, the kitchens, the library, the pitch, and a variety of hallways. Oh and the prefects' bathroom, but I couldn't go in there." Adonis decided against mentioning that what he considered to be 'exploring' was, in most people's terms, getting utterly lost and coincidentally finding places. "What about you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Scarlett nodded her head after every word Adonis said, causing her to look like one of those bobble- head figures. "All, great places to explore!" she commented as she tighten of lips and widen her eyes, causing her dimples to concave. "What about you?" he asked in return, "Well, I explored really only, the Room of Requirements and, um, oh, and me, Angel and, G-," she started hesitating the last word. [color=yellow]"Me and my friends found a vacant ballroom with Salazar Slytherin's laboratory within the floor," {/color]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down