Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

The Wand Chooses The Witch (Lexa, Talon.)

3 posters

Go down

The Wand Chooses The Witch (Lexa, Talon.)  Empty The Wand Chooses The Witch (Lexa, Talon.)

Post by Hermione Potter Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:02 pm

Hermione smiled at Lexa as they crossed into Diagon Alley, watching the other muggleborn's amazement was joy to Hermione, seeing the same expressions on Lexa's face that she had once worn. She had taught lexa how to change her hair colour with simple spells and today her pupil wore raven colored locks that tumbled free down her back.

"Every muggle born starts off with a account put in place by the ministry" she explained to the blonde woman. "Now because you name is very recognizable given who your father is I made your account under my maiden name. Granger. Until its safe for you to one day be known publicly as a valeska you will wear my family name and for all intents and purposes you are the daughter of my cousin Lydia Blackwell, she married into my family when she married my cousin Jerome Granger. Unfortuatley Lydia's daughter died as a teenager and was not a witch. My family has agreed to the story that you belong with us, in case someone comes knocking."

She pushed a stray strand of blonde hair of Lexa's face "I know this is frightening my dear but it will get better. Until then, and even afterwards we are friends and family. We are cousins now, and all will be well."

Briskly she turned and led Lexa down the crounded streets to Olivander's wand shop. With a mischevious smile she stepped into the shop, pulling Lexa in behind her. Closing the door she locked it for privacy and turned to the old man scribbling down notes in a ledger. "Mr. Olivander?" she said gently and the older man started "Mrs Potter! My dear girl come here now come here." the old wand maker embraced her firmly then held her at arms length, looking down his nose to take her in. "Look at you lass not a day have you aged. not one."

Noticing Hermione's companion Mr. Olivander took in the nervous woman, "Who have you brought me my dear?" he asked looking between the two inquisitively "This is my cousin sir, Lexa Granger. " Hermione introduced the pair "She is muggle born like myself but when she was eleven hogwarts was still cursed so she slipped through the cracks. Terribly long story short..i'm teaching her how to control her abilities and today she is here to buy her first wand." Hermione grinned at Lexa and nodded so the woman would step forward.

"This is Mr. Olivander Lexa, the best wand maker in the world and a dear kind soul."
Hermione Potter
Hermione Potter
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Professor of Magical History
Blood Status: Muggleborn

Back to top Go down

The Wand Chooses The Witch (Lexa, Talon.)  Empty Re: The Wand Chooses The Witch (Lexa, Talon.)

Post by Lexa Valeska Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Lexa spent past weeks being torn somewhere between amazement and terror of the magical World. Her dad always taught her that witches were evil, unnatural and dangerous. But Hermione had yet to show her a single purely evil thing. Yes, she explained that there were witches and wizards good and evil. But magic seemed to be only a tool. Just like any other weapon. And magical World was just that. Magical. Diagon Alley seemed like something out of fairytale.

Lexa listened to Hermione and her cover story. It made sense to have one. It was best for everyone. And being Granger sounded strangely okay. Good even. As if Valeska was a burden that needed to be lifted of her shoulders, she felt strangely free giving it up. Even if only temporarily. She only nodded when Hermione spoke of her understanding of the situation.

Entering the shop, Lexa could not help but to be excited. She alredy knew that having her own wand would be special. Even without anyone telling her. She could tell, when she practiced with the ones her father kept, that it did not feel right. As if she was cheating on one wand with another, as if there was this one true wand for her, just like love. She gave up on ever getting it long time ago, so standing there now, Lexa felt close to tears as she watched the interraction of an old man with Hermione. "Hello," she said shyly, unsure of how to behave and having hard time to conceal her excitement.
Lexa Valeska
Lexa Valeska
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Spy

Back to top Go down

The Wand Chooses The Witch (Lexa, Talon.)  Empty Re: The Wand Chooses The Witch (Lexa, Talon.)

Post by Talon Burke Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Apparating inside his shop, Talon put down a few files he had been going over waving his wand and putting them away in a cabinet. It was regarding the contract between him and the Ollivanders, Talon always careful of the deals he struck. As he headed out of his office he passed through the secret path and through tons of shelves with wands on them as he began hearing someone in the store speaking to his employee.
Talon Burke
Talon Burke

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Ollivander's Wand Shop Owner
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermione Potter Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:03 am

Hermione laughed lightly as Mr. Olivander began to take Lexa's measurements. She watched her reactions as the wand maker turned back to the shelves muttering about types of wands. The older man disappeared for a few moments and Hermione turned to Lexa.

"Okay?" she asked softly placing a steadying hand on the girls lower back. "This is going to be fun, once you have a wand that is really yours then we can start on real magic."

Mr. Olivander began to make his way back to the front when he gave a startled gasp catching sight of his boss, "Mister Burke" he gasped the boxes tumbling. "Your doing an old man a fright"

Hermione's head turned back to the wand maker, not seeing what made him startle. "Burke?" she said in thought her head tilting to the side slightly.
Hermione Potter
Hermione Potter
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Professor of Magical History

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexa Valeska Mon May 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Lexa nodded at Hermione's question. She felt better, than okay. The thought of being able to do magic properly, with her own wand excited her. Even if she was still feeling a bit guilty over it, she was slowly beginning to accept that she was a witch and there was nothing bad about it. Hermione was a witch and she was not evil. Neither was Corvinus. And Lexa herself did not feel any more like kiling or hurting someone, than she did months ago. In fact, she felt less murderous, now that the strange darkness seemed to be slowly vanishing from her life.

She turned curiously towards new person in the room, registering with curiosity the way Hermione regarded him. She knew the man, yet she seemed surprised to see him. "Hello," she greeted him simply, not saying anything else, rather letting Hermione talk.
Lexa Valeska
Lexa Valeska
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down