Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Damn, that guy can fly (Harry)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Damn, that guy can fly (Harry) Empty Damn, that guy can fly (Harry)

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 pm

David was happy that he had finally had his first flying lesson, not because he could not fly, but because he could now fly in broad daylight without being paranoid of getting in trouble. He could twist and turn between posts and stands with ease, and not having to constantly look over his shoulder. This was not the first time he had done this since his flying lesson, but each time gave him a rush that he could not explain.

He silently hoped that someone would witness his ability to fly. He had forked out the money for a cleensweep seven in hope of getting on the team, yet there had not been try outs yet, and David wondered if there ever were going to be any. little did he know someone was actually watching him..
David Shuter
David Shuter

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Damn, that guy can fly (Harry) Empty Re: Damn, that guy can fly (Harry)

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Harry stepped into the pitch with Adrastos, another member of the quidditch team, a chaser, older than Harry one year. Adrastos had entered the quidditch team on his second year, and he was a damn good chaser. He, Harry, Oliver, the Weasley twins, Katie and Angelina were the current Gryffindor quidditch team and they were a damn good one, considering they won the cup last year. Before they began flying however Adrastos and Harry noticed someone else was already there. They both watched the boy fly with excitement up until Adrastos had to leave because he was meeting Ivy. Harry found himself alone wanting to join the boy. Whistling he smiled up at the familiar boy he couldn't see very well from the grass.

Last edited by Harry James Potter on Sun May 11, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 6:32 pm

(Still missing one player there buddy Razz )

David continued to fly around for a bit until he heard a faint whistling sound coming from the ground. he halted and looked down. he saw a boy around his age, and the glare from the sun bouncing of his glasses proved it had to be Harry, who else his age wore glasses? He waved and went down to meet him, and indeed, it was Harry.

"Hey, Harry. its been a while"
He said a little awkwardly to the boy, they had not really spoken for over a year except for a few quick exchanges. Ever since David and Mio started hanging out, David had drifted apart from Harry and Ron. He then asked "Come to fly?"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Once the boy came flying down its hair reminded Harry of a Weasley, but if it was Ron he would've known, and the hair wasn't messy enough to be Bill's or Charlie's. Percy would definitely not be flying and the twins would be together. At close sight he finally recognized the boy as David.

"Hi David," he greeted the boy, with a quick shrug. He and David had barely spoken ever since that time at the train, it had been an year now. They barely talked but they went through a lot as it was. For one, they won the house cup by working together in a way. "You can bet so. Saw you flying, not too bad," he told his friend holding the Nimbus 2000 Briana had given him.

(I forgot freaking Katie Bell dumbass Very Happy XD )

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 7:04 pm

(I'm sure David and Mio and good enough to replace them Wink lol)

David saw Harry's indifference, and couldn't blame him. they had both grown since their last meeting, both had their own friend groups. He had Hermione and Ron, David had Mio, Artemis and Ian. Both were known rule breakers, so in a way it was good they weren't all close friends, or they would give even the weasley twins a run for their money. Harry had lucked out was all, his rule breaking seemed to give him points, when David's seemed to loose them points.

When Harry demonstrated he was here for flying, and complemented David, he laughed lightly "Still have nothing on you mate" he then swung his Cleensweep over his shoulder "Say, need a partner?" David knew he did, he needed someone to save his shots with the quaffle.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Harry smiled at the boy's question and nodded. Sure, David and he were now apart but they were still friends. Maybe he didn't talk with him as much as he talked with Adrastos or Ricardo, but he was just as big as a friend as Neville or Dean or Seamus. He didn't save Hogwarts from the troll nor from Voldemort, but David did gain some points for Gryffindor. And he did stand up for their house when needed. That was more than enough to get him the respect of any gryffindor including Harry. "Well, what do you wanna do first? I'm sure catching the snitch isn't the best exercise for you," he said with a light chuckle.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 7:40 pm

David laughed "I could do it, maybe.. but that's your area man. I'm not thrilled to make a fool of myself. If you want some competition, I'm game however." he shrugged. Seeker was after all his second option for Quidditch, beater and keeper just did not appeal to him at all. he had nothing on Harry, but maybe, if he was lucky, he could get harry a little anxious. "Then after, would you mind player keeper so i can practice a few shots?" he didn't bother telling Harry of his dream to be a chaser, mostly because he didn't want to be rejected right there and then.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Harry nodded his smile never leaving his face, "Well sure, we'll start with chasing the snitch together, then I'll try to play keeper," he told David pulling the chest with the balls close to them. Opening it, he placed a hand over the snitch, "Ready?" Harry asked looking up at David.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 7:51 pm

David nodded "Cool" he grinned at his mate. He Went to help harry bring the balls over, but was too slow and Harry had already finished. When he asked if David was ready, David nodded and mounted his broom "Anytime lightning" he grinned, wondering if Harry would like or dislike his new nickname.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Damn, that guy can fly (Harry) Lightning_animation

"Well then," he smiled allowing the snitch to flee the grasp the chest had on it before closing that same chest. Mounting his broom, he winked at David, "Let's go, Tornado," he grinned and took off with already enormous speed towards the air, zooming towards the goal posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 8:14 pm

David shook his head with remorse "if tornado is the best you can come up with.. I feel sorry for you mate.." he didn't see how tornado actually fit him, but wasn't about to complain about it. he took off into the air and went for the opposite goal posts. he didn't feel too outmatched, broom wise at least. he read that the cleansweep 7 was almost exactly the same as the nimbus. Skill wise though, Harry would murder him.

He waiting a minute, before he started searching for any glint of gold.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 8:20 pm

"Erm-Well, I'm pretty sure you want to be a chaser. To be a chaser, you must destroy anything in your path. Therefore, tornado," Harry explained stopping just above the goal posts. As David arrived, they began waiting for the snitch, Harry's eyes checking every inch of air for something fast and bright.

He quickly caught sight of the snitch and smiled "There," he pointed with a nod of his head and began flying after the tiny but extremely fast winged ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 9:05 pm

He laughed "Oh, in that case.. it makes sense. Kid of fits too." lightning and tornado went well together, and a lot of the time worked together in a storm, so it made sense.

David noticed the golden snitch 5 seconds after Harry did. "Damn it" he groaned and leant forward on his broom, zooming after Harry. He had little chance of actually catching the snitch, but he planned to give Harry a little bit of a Challenge at least.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Harry looked behind him, seeing David right on his tail. Like he thought, he was faster than the boy, so he reeled it back a bit, falling to the same speed David had at the moment. The snitch began hovering right in front of them, and Harry took a look at David, "Something you should know, I'm not a dirty seeker, I never push other seekers, I just avoid them," and with that he dove to the ground and pulled up, flying up just in front of David, holding the snitch in his hand, "When you're in an actual game, catching it is much harder," he told the other boy before stopping in midair.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 9:46 pm

David smiled in appreciation as Harry slowed down for him, and was not surprised when he caught the Snitch. When he explained what kind of seeker he was, David nodded "I have watched you play before Harry, how you can avoid pushing the Slytherin Seeker is beyond me, they are nasty pieces of work, them Snakes."

David then nodded "i figured, you have to watch out for blundgers, other players, as well as being distracted by other things, lucky for you though, you don;t have to worry about being pushed off your broom as much.." he shrugged then said "Do you want to go again?"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:08 pm

"Well I just don't like going down to the same level as them," he shrugged and really, he didn't have any other explanation for it. "We can keep going but if you want to practice with the quaffles now, I wouldn't mind at all," he told him honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 pm

"One small check is hardly sinking to their level" David scoffed, smirking. He knew as a chaser he would have to check and didn't really mind, but unlike the Slytherins, he would not try and knock them off their brooms. when Harry mentioned doing some work the with Quaffle, David shook his head "you need the practice more than me. You are on the team, I'm not." he said matter-of-factly
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:17 pm

"Who says you aren't entering the team soon, huh?" Harry asked with a wolfish grin, "I've won games and you haven't, I'm letting you have a turn," Harry said almost telling the other boy he came first, "QUAFFLE TIME!"

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun May 11, 2014 10:33 pm

David just sighed "you are full staffed, I would have to wait until Bell or Johnson left school, by then we will be in 7th year, I would hardly call that soon." Of course, they could leave the team, or he could prove he was better than one, or both, of them. He felt Mio was better than him, however, so both would most likely have to leave before David could end up on the team.

When Harry so blatantly told him it was David's turn, David flew down and grabbed the Quaffle, he then tucked it under his arm, he then flew to the opposite end of the pitch to Harry and yelled 'When ever you are ready mate!"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Harry shrugged, always smiling, "Some of us may always get injured or just leave the team, you'll get a spot eventually," he assured David with a whip of his hair. Fixing his spectacles, Harry watched as David went down to grab hold of the Quaffle. Nodding at his friend's words, he flew to the goal post, and waited, holding himself to the broom close, "Ready!"

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon May 12, 2014 4:29 pm

David nodded "That is true" he admitted, hoping it would be due to the latter that he got on the team, not the first one. When Harry told him he was ready, David nodded and chucked the quaffle as far down the field as he could, and sped after it.

Once he caught it, he angled himself towards the middle goalpost. Once close enough, he re-angled himself like towards Harry's right goal post, David's left. He pulled his hand back to throw, then threw it sideways, at the on on Harry's left. it was a risky move, because he sacrificed power and accuracy for surprise, but out of the corner of his eye he saw it fly in the direction of the hoop, it was going to go in unless Harry had seen through his ruse.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Harry at first turned to his right but didn't begin flying instead waiting for the ball to leave David's hand. He had been taught to be patient in a quidditch game, only that patience was used to waiting for the snitch and now he used it on something else. Seeing the ball travel to his left instead Harry's eyes widened, and he pulled the tip of his broom, flying as fast as he could. He just barely hit the quaffle, kicking it away. Resting on the broom, he smiled, "Try again."

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Mon May 12, 2014 6:44 pm

David groaned as it didn't go in "Damn it." He took the quaffle and flew back to half pitch. "not getting it this time Lightning" he then leaned forward and shot towards the hoops, continuously picking up speed, shotting right for Harry, if he didn;t move, they were going to crash, knowing Harry would move (unless he was thick in the head" David shot the quaffle, and pulled up hard on the broom handle, kicking off the hoop to get air again, he then flipped over and hovered in front of Harry "i think that was illegal" He said weakly
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:56 am

Harry looked towards his right and narrowed his eyes, flying towards the quaffle. However he tilted his head looking at David over his shoulder, fearing he wouldn't stop on time and would hit the goal post. As he twirled in the air stopping abruptly, he exhaled glad David was alright, as the quaffle went through the goal post. "Don't you dare do that without being careful," he warned with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 pm

David let a laugh escape his lips "I knew what I was doing. if you hadn't of moved, I probably would have pulled something out of Bell's book and jumped over you" He smiled then said "lets just say I've had a year of practice.. in the dark" and evil smirk touched his lips.

He then said "So, we going again, or doing more work with the Snitch?"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next