Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

This Doesn't Feel Right (Soraya)

3 posters

Go down

This Doesn't Feel Right (Soraya) Empty This Doesn't Feel Right (Soraya)

Post by Cinnia Valkyrie Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Cinnia stood nervously next to her sister as they waited to be called to the stool. They had always talked about this day, when they would be sorted in to the same house and get to enter their education together. Why did their last name begin with a ‘V’? It meant that they had to wait what felt like forever to be called.

Cinnia Valkyrie?

The girl offered her sister a smile before going to where the sorting hat was. She sat on the school and looked out over the huge hall. The hat seemed to mull on its decision for a while before it decided:

Slytherin!

Cinnia heard a round of applause and grinned as she hopped from the stool and went straight to the table of snakes. From there she looked up at the stage, to await her sister’s sorting...

--------------------

The newly sorted Slytherin sat in an armchair off to the side of the room as she watched other people mingle with each other. She didn’t want to be there alone, and she knew nobody. Cinnia quickly had had enough and she stood abruptly, before leaving the common room. The first day of classes would start in a couple of hours, and they would be due at the Great Hall for breakfast soon, but Cinnia just wanted to go for a walk.

By the time she reached her destination, she sank to the grass and looked out at the lake. The girl had heard much about the lake and she knew that was one of the first places that she wanted to explore. She sat staring at the lake, thankful for some breathing room away from her housemates.
Cinnia Valkyrie
Cinnia Valkyrie

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

This Doesn't Feel Right (Soraya) Empty Re: This Doesn't Feel Right (Soraya)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Soraya squeezed her sister's hand, nervously. Time seemed to freeze when Cinnia was called and she watched her wait for the hat to make it's decision. Hearing Slytherin get called out, she smiled brightly before watching her walk over to the table.

''Soraya Valkyrie?''

Soraya slowly walked to the stool and the worn out hat was placed on her head, beginning to think of the decision. It seemed far too long and she met Cinnia's eyes, worried she wouldn't be in the same house like they dreamed about for years. 

"RAVENCLAW!"

The calling of her house caused Soraya to gasp with disbelief and stare at Cinnia with saddened eyes before walking slowly over to the table whilst the sound of applause met her ears. Sitting down at the edge of the table, she stared at Cinnia from across the room....
--------------------
Soraya tried to ignore the congratulations from older Ravenclaw's, not wanting to reality of it all to come true and then felt the pulsing need in her mind to go to the lake. Standing up, she waved everyone's worries away and rushed to the lake only to see her twin sister sink to the floor. Moving as silently as she could, like she was trained to, she placed her hands over Cinnia's and sighed softly. ''Cin..'' Soraya whispered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnia Valkyrie Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Cinnia's mouth dropped open from her seat at the Slytherin table, and her hand moved from the space next to her that she had been saving. Her sister was in another house. It wasn't unheard of, but Soraya was one of the only people that she even cared about. Her gaze remained on the girl who had joined the Ravenclaws and she couldn't help but frown. It was going to be a long seven years.

--------------------

The hands that touched her didn't need a voice- Cinnia knew that they belonged to her sister. She didn't want to look at her, but as she dragged her eyes from their hands to Soraya's face, she forced a smiled, "How did you sleep?" It was a generic question and she was able to ask it without emotion. Perhaps that was why she was sorted in to Slytherin. Cinnia and Soraya were different in do many ways, and she'd always thought that it made them like one person.

"I see that the hat felt you smarter than me," she joked half heartedly, trying to hide the way she felt. It wouldn't work, though. Soraya knew her better than anyone, and would know that they were as happy about being separated as each other. At least they were both at Hogwarts, which was the only comfort.
Cinnia Valkyrie
Cinnia Valkyrie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Soraya furrowed her brow for a moment and sat next to her twin. "You should know i don't sleep, dear sister.'' She sighed and laced her fingers with Cinnia's. ''What about you?'' She asked, her voice as emotionless as her twins. Thanks to their training, to show no emotion, she could hide her emotions from everyone except Cinnia.

''The hat was stupid.'' She muttered, obviously displeased like her sister. It caused her heart to ache not being with Cinnia like they dreamed of. Leaning over, she nuzzled Cinnia and held her close like she always did. CInnia was her better half, her twin...they shouldn't be separated but they were and it stung. Not like she'd let it show though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnia Valkyrie Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:03 am

Cinnia smiled despite her mood and looked at the other girl slowly. "I know," she said, her voice sounding nothing like her thoughts, "I slept okay." Hardly at all. She looked down at their clasped hands and sighed. It wasn't the fact that they were in different houses that bothered her. Rather, it was the chance that being apart so much, especially in comparison with their childhood, would cause them to drift from one another. She didn't know if she could cope with that.

"It definitely is. There are plenty of smart people in Slytherin!" Cinnia laughed, though it was dry and cold. She would be fine, that she knew, but that didn't make things much easier right then. The girl's arms wrapped around her twin, and she just sat that way as she looked over the lake. "So.. what will we do? I mean, you're going to have all of your bookworm friends, and I'll have the snakes. I met one last night, her name is Astoria. She seems okay, but I would much rather be sharing a common room with you." They were taught to trust nobody as they grew up, and be cautious with even their own family. But Cinnia knew that she could trust Soraya with everything and anything, her and nobody else. That was so hard about being in different houses. She'd been in the dungeons with nobody to have her back, and worse Soraya would be up in the tower in the same situation.
Cinnia Valkyrie
Cinnia Valkyrie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Shadow Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 am

Soraya knew when her sister lied and held her tighter before chuckling, emotionless. ''I want to ask the hat for a resort and force him to say Slytherin...'' She muttered before shaking her head. ''I don't know, Cin...The moment i got into the common room, i went straight to my dorm and hid away. We'll see each other during breakfast, classes and breaks and we always used to sneak around anyway. We can sneak around, being our ninja selves and see each other late at night.'' She whispered, trying to comfort her sister. ''We'll always protect each other...'' It was hard but she knew they'd get through it. They always had each others backs and that's the way it always was. Soraya trusted no one but Cinnia and she certainly intended to keep it that way. Cinnia was all she needed and this separation of houses would not stop her from staying away.
Ember Shadow
Ember Shadow

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnia Valkyrie Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Cinnia laughed at her sister's statement. She was sure that it wouldn't be successful, but it was nice to think about. The girl pulled out of her sister's embrace and hardened her gaze. They would be fine. They'd relied on each other their whole lives, and there was no reason that they couldn't now. "You're right, Soraya. We'll be fine. So long as you promise that you won't ditch me for your housemates. I know I won't ditch you for mine." Her smile was teasing, although she still wished they could have both been in the same house. "Are you looking forward to classes?"
Cinnia Valkyrie
Cinnia Valkyrie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Soraya listened to her sister's laugh and put a gentle hand on Cinnia's cheek. ''Of course i'm right..'' She whispered and then gasped at her words, despite it being a tease, it still hit her heart like a blade to someone's skin. ''I'd never ditch you...They don't get me. I'm glad we have family here though. Really glad..'' She muttered and sighed. ''Downside..They're all in your house.'' The mention of classes caused a bored sigh to escape her lips and the ravenclaw shook her head. ''Fuck no...Being stuck in a classroom with some pompous twat as a teacher or some bastards as fellow students? No thanks.'' She never did care about her language despite being so young. The Twins always were a bit more mature which was why Soraya was no longer as innocent as most 11 year olds.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

House : Araneae

Character sheet
Jobs: Head Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnia Valkyrie Thu May 01, 2014 11:13 am

Cinnia grinned. She always felt better when her sister was around. As corny as it may seem, she was her other half. "I'm glad too. I haven't spoken to any of them yet, though." She had known before she arrived at Hogwarts that there would be members of her family there. Though she knew their names, she didn't know their faces. Perhaps she would learn them when classes began.

"Oh come on, Sora," Cinnia replied, a smile on her face again, "It won't be too bad. I've heard that some of the professors are pretty good." The girl couldn't help but laugh at the way that Soraya spoke. It was amusing that she was the one of the pair that was placed in Ravenclaw. She didn't even like the idea of going to class!
Cinnia Valkyrie
Cinnia Valkyrie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Soraya smiled softly, staring at her better half. ''It's annoying, you know? The people in my common room just seem to want to talk about what they learned in their classes. Like the fuck?'' She groaned, laying on the floor. Staring at the clouds, she questioned the hat silently about why she was placed in Ravenclaw.

When her nickname, the one only Cinnia called her, met her ears, a gentle smile tugged at her lips. ''Yeah..some of the professors. Severus Snape is a good professor just not nice.'' She pointed out, glancing at her twin as she laughed. It brought her joy, knowing they could still laugh with each other despite this freshly placed obstacle. ''The classes can fuck off...but Hogwarts can stay.''

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnia Valkyrie Sat May 10, 2014 12:55 am

Cinnia laughed aloud at her sister’s words. “Only you...” she said, playfully shaking her head. She spoke the truth, though. Soraya was sorted in to Ravenclaw for a reason, and while Cinnia wished beyond anything that the hat had shouted Slytherin instead, she could accept that. Her twin was the smartest person that she knew. “That’s because you’re in Ravenclaw. They all say that Ravens are academically focused. I don’t know how they’re going to cope with you in their house.

So Soraya had heard about the professors? The few people that Cinnia had spoken to the night before hadn’t dwelled much on schoolwork. “I can handle not nice, so long as they know what they’re talking about,” Cinnia said, a smirk forming on her lips. “Classes will be fine. Hogwarts is fine. And we’re fine,” the Slytherin said, “So, I’m going to try and enjoy the next seven years as much as possible given the situation.
Cinnia Valkyrie
Cinnia Valkyrie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down