Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Being Bored is Never Fun (Charmaine)

Go down

Being Bored is Never Fun (Charmaine) Empty Being Bored is Never Fun (Charmaine)

Post by Carmen Thorne Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:50 am

Carmen wasn't much of a wanderer. She usually knew where she was going and why she was going there. On that particular Saturday afternoon, however, she had no clue. All of her homework was finished, and she had completed the several books that had accumulated on her bedside table. She supposed that she should see it as having free time, but instead she viewed it as wasting the day.

Unfortunately, she had not come across anybody to talk to for the most part. They were either already occupied or were too busy with the school work that she had already finished. So that was why she was walking aimlessly around the school, bored out of her mind and worried that she had forgotten something that she was supposed to be doing.

It wasn't until she walked around a corner and came across somebody walking in the same direction that she finally had something to do. All that she could see was the person's back, but she was so desperate for somebody to talk to that she called out, "Hey!"
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Being Bored is Never Fun (Charmaine) Empty Re: Being Bored is Never Fun (Charmaine)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:58 am

Charmaine huffed as she aimlessly walked around the hallways of Hogwarts. "Why does Hogwarts have to be so big?" she sighed inwardly, hands close to her chest. Honestly, she had no place to go, for all homework was finished and she didn't have a bundle of friends.

Today, she felt like being "invisible", she wanted to be overlooked and left alone on this very Saturday. But it seemed like her wishes weren't answered, for she heard someone call out a desperate "Hey!" Charmaine hesitated before turning around and replying, "Uh, yes?"

Back to top Go down

Being Bored is Never Fun (Charmaine) Empty Re: Being Bored is Never Fun (Charmaine)

Post by Carmen Thorne Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:03 am

Carmen hurried to catch up to the girl, who had turned around. She was happy that she'd found someone who didn't appear to be busy but when she noticed the look on the girl's face, she almost frowned. Almost. With a bright smiled, she stopped in front of the other girl who she was sure was her age. "Hi! What are you doing?"

The Ravenclaw let out a long breath before adding, "My name is Carmen, and I am simply bored. I wanted to see if you were busy so that we can maybe hang out, even though I don't know you." Pausing, the girl decided that it would have a bit strange to be pounced upon by a stranger and then asked if you could hang out. "I am sure that we are the same age, I just thought that maybe you'd like to walk around with me."
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:15 am

A light laugh almost escaped Charmaine's throat before she replaced it with her usual small and sweet smile. "Ah, sure! I was just walking around the halls, so I have nothing big to do..." She twiddled with her fingers a bit, a small break of awkward silence following.

Deciding to introduce herself too, Charmaine did so. "My name is Charmaine, 3rd year, Hufflepuff. I believe you're in Ravenclaw, same year?" As the year went by, Charmaine had stayed quiet and watched. Thus, she knew so many names of others, their houses, their years, it was almost like she was stalking them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:24 am

Carmen smiled, glad to see that the girl hadn't taken her eagerness to heart. Sometimes Carmen could be intimidating, even when she wasn't trying to be. She was usually either being sarcastic or being overly nice. But she didn't particularly care what other people thought of her. It was simply good to see that the one person who she could find to talk to didn't seem to be too concerned about her behaviour. "Great!" The girl said, pulling on her ends of her hair as she nodded, "I also have nothing to do."

"Oh, yeah, I'm in Ravenclaw," she said, although she wasn't surprised that Charmaine already knew that. The other girl seemed to suit Hufflepuff, and since she hadn't spoken or seen her interact with others before, she presumed that she was rather quiet. "And yes, I am a third year. How are you liking the year so far? The classes haven't become too difficult yet, have they?"
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Cocking her head to the side, Charmaine was amused by Carmen's... Anticipation. "Well, the year's going great so far," she smiled. "Classes... Not too easy or difficult. I hope that I'm doing good in them."

"Ah, I seem too polite..." she scolded herself. Taking a bit of a breath, Charmaine composed herself. "Well, what do you wanna do?" she asked. "I believe we can do as much as we want. Well, no mischief or anything..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:59 am

Carmen definitely agreed that the year was going great. Although this was the first time that she had the chance to just do nothing, she felt like it was a good thing that she was usually busy in some way or another. "I'm sure you're doing fantastic!" She said, smiling. She wasn't usually so open, but there was the occasional time that she would decide to have a fun and lighthearted day, and she supposed that this was one of them. "If you ever need a study buddy or some help with something, let me know?"

"Hmm," Carmen thought about what they could do. She hadn't been able to find anything so far, but now that she had someone else with her, perhaps they could both find something to do. "I don't know. I'm sure we'll find something. Though.. where is the fun in 'no mischief'?"
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:17 pm

A laugh left Charmaine's throat. Yes, maybe Carmen might become one of the few friends she had...? "Yes, that would be wonderful!" she exclaimed happily. "I'd absolutely love that!" Charmaine usually had no one to turn to when in need of a studying/homework crisis, and this had just turned that all around.

She put a finger to her chin, thinking hard of what to do. Maybe they had too much free time, nothing important to do and no plans for such a day. Raising an amused eyebrow, the blonde said, "Well, since your last statement has a lot of truth in it, what is the fun in no mischief, what do we plan to do?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:08 am

Carmen quite enjoyed helping other people. Often on the weekends, she would spend some time with a first year or two, helping them to learn the things that they were behind on. She didn’t know to be known as a bookworm Ravenclaw, so she didn’t portray herself as one. “I’m glad to hear it!” The older girl said, smiling brightly.

Hmmm,” Carmen tilted her head to the side and thought for a moment. She quickly shook her head and frowned, “I can not think of anything! What do you think we should do?
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down