Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Welcome to Diagon Alley... (Harry) (PG-13)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welcome to Diagon Alley... (Harry) (PG-13) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to Diagon Alley... (Harry) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Harry nodded as he walked around, looking at the shelf Briana had directed him to. He picked up a golden pair of Brass scales, with Hogwarts' insignia carved on them. He took them, and placed them on the counter, before picking up a box of crystal vials. He then pointed at a cauldron made from pewter, a metal alloy made up of mostly tin. "30 Galleons please," the shop keep said as Harry reached into his pockets several times, eventually taking out the right amount of coins. Harry went back to Briana, the things he had bought inside the cauldron, having been enchanted to be much smaller. "So, now, my wand," Harry said, his tone showing both fear and excitement.

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Diagon Alley... (Harry) (PG-13) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to Diagon Alley... (Harry) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 pm

As Harry busied himself with getting the items on his list, Briana picked up a few basic potions ingredients, things that he would always need and never hurted to have on hand, and bought them. Placing the little boxes into the same pack as the charts from before, she closed them up before Harry bought his items. "Last but certainly not least..." she said as they turned to head out to get the last item on Harry's list. Before they reached the door, a tall blonde stepped in, dressed in her blue healer scrubs.

"What a surprise to see you, Morgan," Briana said with a wave. Morgan glanced up and nodded with a wave of her own. "Briana, it's been a while. How have you-" Morgan began before her grey-blue eyes fell on the boy by her side. He was the spitting image of James. Well, except for his eyes. He had Lily's eyes. Taking a knee in front of Harry, Morgan extended her hand to shake his. "Welcome home, Harry," she said softly. "Harry, this is Morgan Lupin, Head Healer at St. Mungo's, our hospital. She's the one to see should anything go amiss and you need the skill of a fine Healer," Briana said as an indroduction from Harry to Morgan. "I was close to your parents, Harry. I've never met two finer people. I see them both in you..." Morgan said. She wanted to hug Harry tightly, but didn't dare move to unless he wanted to. Surely this was a lot for the lad to take in all at once, and to meet someone who knew his parents as she did... It couldn't be easy for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Harry bit his lip as the tall blonde spoke to him. He extended his arm, and gripped her hand with his own tightly, and looked into her eyes. "So if I ever get hurt, you'll help..." he muttered with a chuckle, as he hid away his shyness. "I'll keep that in mind," he said brightly, and then looked up at Briana.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Morgan nodded with a tender smile. "I will do everything in my power to help you, Harry. Always..." she said before getting to her feet. "Shopping for supplies I take it? Well, I best not keep you," she added with a small sigh. "You aren't, Morgan. It was nice to see you. Say hello to that husband of yours for me," Briana replied as she put her hand on Harry's shoulder and opened the door. "Will do. Oh, Harry, enjoy your 1st year at Hogwarts," Morgan offered with a wink before she headed to the counter with a list of items she needed both for work and home.

As the exited the shop, Briana smiled down at Harry. "If I recall, you were saying your wand is all that's left? Well, how about you put these things in your cart and leave them to me. Ollivander's is right across the street. No sense cluttering up the place with all your items. I need to pick up a couple of things, so, you go on in and I'll meet you out here when you're done," Briana said, flicking her wrist to the cart would follow her and let Harry go on to get his wand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:53 pm

"Okay, see you soon," Harry said brightly, as he turned to Ollivander's shop. He walked to it, his things no longer following him like they had been doing before. He pushed the door open, and stepped inside.

A tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depths of the shop as he stepped inside. It was a tiny place, empty except for a single, spindly chair that Harry used to sit on. Harry felt strangely as though he had entered a very strict library; he swallowed a lot of new questions that had just occurred to him and looked instead at the thousands of narrow boxes piled neatly right up to the ceiling. For some reason, the back of his neck prickled. The very dust and silence in here seemed to tingle with some secret magic. 

"Good afternoon," said a soft voice. Harry jumped and there was a loud crunching noise and he got quickly off the spindly chair.

An old man was standing before him, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons through the gloom of the shop. "Hello," said Harry awkwardly.

"Ah yes," said the man. "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work." Mr. Ollivander moved closer to Harry. Harry wished he would blink. Those silvery eyes were a bit creepy.

"Your father, on the other hand, favored a mahogany wand. Eleven inches. Pliable. A little more power and excellent for transfiguration. Well, I say your father favored it -- it's really the wand that chooses the wizard, of course." Mr. Ollivander had come so close that he and Harry were almost nose to nose. Harry could see himself reflected in those misty eyes.

"And that's where..." Mr. Ollivander touched the lightning scar on Harry's forehead with a long, white finger. "I'm sorry to say I sold the wand that did it," he said softly. "Thirteen-and-a-half inches. Yew. Powerful wand, very powerful, and in the wrong hands... well, if I'd known what that wand was going out into the world to do...." He shook his head.

"Well, now -- Mr. Potter. Let me see." He pulled a long tape measure with silver markings out of his pocket. "Which is your wand arm?"

"Er -- well, I'm right-handed," said Harry.

"Hold out your arm. That's it." He measured Harry from shoulder to finger, then wrist to elbow, shoulder to floor, knee to armpit and round his head. As he measured, he said, "Every Ollivander wand has a core of a powerful magical substance, Mr. Potter. We use unicorn hairs, phoenix
tail feathers, and the heartstrings of dragons. No two Ollivander wands are the same, just as no two unicorns, dragons, or phoenixes are quite the same. And of course, you will never get such good results with another wizard's wand;"

Harry suddenly realized that the tape measure, which was measuring between his nostrils, was doing this on its own. Mr. Ollivander was flitting around the shelves, taking down boxes. "That will do," he said, and the tape measure crumpled into a heap on the floor. "Right then, Mr. Potter. Try this one. Beechwood and dragon heartstring. Nine inches. Nice and flexible. just take it and give it a
wave." Harry took the wand, feeling a bit foolish, and waved it around a bit, but Mr. Ollivander snatched it out of his hand almost at once.

"Maple and phoenix feather. Seven inches. Quite whippy. Try --" Harry tried -- but he had hardly raised the wand when it, too, was snatched back by Mr. Ollivander. "No, no -here, ebony and unicorn hair, eight and a half inches, springy. Go on, go on, try it out."

Harry tried. And tried. He had no idea what Mr. Ollivander was waiting for. The pile of tried wands was mounting higher and higher on the spindly chair, but the more wands Mr. Ollivander pulled from the shelves, the happier he seemed to become. "Tricky customer, eh? Not to worry, we'll find the perfect match here somewhere -- I wonder, now - - yes, why not -- unusual combination -- holly and phoenix feather, eleven inches, nice and supple."

Harry took the wand. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wand above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls. 

Mr. Ollivander cried, "Oh, bravo! Yes, indeed, oh, very good. Well, well, well... how curious... how very curious... " He put Harry's wand back into its box and wrapped it in brown paper, still muttering, "Curious... curious.."

"Sorry," said Harry, "but what's curious?" the boy asked.

Mr. Ollivander fixed Harry with his pale stare. "I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. Every single wand. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather is in your wand, gave another feather -- just one other. It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand when its brother why, its brother gave you that scar."

Harry swallowed.

"Yes, thirteen-and-a-half inches. Yew. Curious indeed how these things happen. The wand chooses the wizard, remember.... I think we must expect great things from you, Mr. Potter.... After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things -- terrible, yes, but great." The oldman whispered.

Harry shivered. He wasn't sure he liked Mr. Ollivander too much. He paid seven gold Galleons for his wand, and Mr. Ollivander bowed him from his shop.

Harry exited, his wand in hand, and waited patiently for Briana.

Note: This scene has been adapted directly from the book "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," in a way that fits this scene. (http://222.187.197.206:88/dzts/book/book76/2009893675883.pdf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Briana watched and smiled as Harry slipped into the wand shop before she made her way to the Pet Europium and looked at the different pets that were available for adoption. Finding the perfect one, she handed over the amount for the chosen animal and headed back towards Ollivander's. Seeing Harry just step outside, Briana called to him, and crossed to him. "I trust you were found by a wand, Harry?" she asked brightly. "Now, your letter said you could have a pet, yes? Here. Happy birthday, Harry," Briana said with a smile, as she set down the shoulder bag she had been carrying the entire time and lifted the cover on a wicker cage which held a great Snowy Owl inside. Holding the cage up for Harry to get a good look at her, she waited for his reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Harry held the wand up, as Briana came to him, as to show her the wand that picked him. The wand itself was actually pretty sharp looking, and Harry liked its design. As Briana took out a cage with an owl inside, Harry's eyes widened immensely. His gaze locked on what would be his pet, and he approached, touching the cage carefully. Briana bought this for him. She bought him a pet, even after he didn't ask for one. "Thanks Briana," he said, happiness vibrating off him like never before. I'll name you --Hedwig... he mused with a smile on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:05 pm

"You're most welcome. Every wizard needs a companion, Harry. She seemed good for you. You can send messages with her and have her as your companion, too," Briana said as she watched him look at the beautiful bird in the cage. "I hope you like her. There is also this, Harry," she said, picking up the black shoulder bag and handed it to him. "Can't go to school without a pack to carry your things in. If you open it, you find a few extra things that might prove useful for you," she said with a tender smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm

Taking his eyes off Hedwig and turning them to the black shoulder bag, Harry adjusted his spectacles, before picking the bag up. "Extra things?" he asked before he opened the bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:19 pm

As Harry opened the shoulder bag, Briana smiled and told him, "You might get a list of things that you need for the year, but sometimes you just need a few extra things. You'll find a few Astronomy scrolls with a moon phase chart and star chart for each season, since the stars shift. I've included a few Potions ingredients that you can never have too much of. You'll see when you get to Potions class," Briana said with a wink. "You can never go wrong with a good pair of leather gloves. I also got you a copy of Tales of Beedle the Bard and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them as well as a journal to jot down your thoughts, should you feel compelled to. Educational with a touch of fun. And, of course, a few wells of ink, a ream of parchment, and a few choice quills. With those, you should be well rounded for school," Briana said with a smile as he looked through the items she had collected as they went from shop to shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Harry wowed as he closed the bag and swung it over his shoulder, "Thanks Briana...for everything. For all this," he said, not just pointing at what they bought, but at the fact she had brought him to that magical world. Now, he'd be off for a few more days to the Leaky Cauldron, then he'd board the Hogwarts Express and be off to school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Briana put her free hand on Harry's shoulder and smiled down at him. "It was my pleasure, Harry. Now, we best get you back to The Leaky Cauldron and settled. In a couple of days, you'll need to get to King's Cross Station. In your letter, you should have a ticket for the Hogwart's Express. Keep it close, Harry," she said as they made their way back to the pub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2