Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

papers and papers (Elijah)

2 posters

Go down

papers and papers (Elijah) Empty papers and papers (Elijah)

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:24 am

Jocelyn had been searching through the stack of papers she received from her adoptive papers to find the right papers for professor Prince. She was now walking down the corridor with the most important papers in her bookbag and her own reading book in her hand. He should be watching it very closely and that would take a while. She was standing in front of his office and knocked politely three times and waited for him to open it.

Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: stay at home mom
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

papers and papers (Elijah) Empty Re: papers and papers (Elijah)

Post by Elija Prince Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 am

Elija was just finishing his floo call when the knock came to his door. "I will send you an owl later this week with further instructions. Goodbye." he said and closed of the floo to go and answer the door.
It was Jocelyn, the student he had already been expecting. After their conversation last night, he had done some research and needed to go through her papers now.
"Miss Grimm, please enter. I see you brought me what we discussed last night." Elija didn't mention what it was in case anyone was close by. Just put them on my desk, if you would."
Elija Prince
Elija Prince

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Jocelyn entered his office, nodding her head to him. Jocelyn waited with talking till the door was closed. "I have the papers in my bag, this is my reading book, professor." Jocelyn walked to his desk and grabbed the stack of important papers and laid it down on his desk, then she settled herself down in another chair and opened her reading book and started to read.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Elija looked slightly surprised when his student opted to to stay with him rather than return to her dormitary, it would take him a while to go through all the papers after all. Somehow though, he was quite pleased that she seemed to trust him that much.
He went back to his desk and started to read the papers, glad that he could find the ones that told him of the disowning. That ways her parents would have no say anymore regarding her future. Elija made some notes on his parchment and continued to make his way through the papers.
Elija Prince
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Jocelyn stayed deep in her books, one of the papers was not a very pleasant one and she had never seen that one before, after she read it she had her doubts about putting it in the stack of papers. It was important information but hard to believe. The paper was her adoption paper from her real parents to the orphanage, in the paper there was a description that made her tear up. When she only 6 months old she was given away with her brothers, it said that she needed to be placed in a family and never return to her brothers, there was no reason why. Jocelyn had been awake during the whole night thinking for a reason.

Jocelyn looked up at the professor and how he was reading and scribbling things down on his parchment. What kind of things was essential for getting a guardian. She thought to herself.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 pm

It took about one and a half hours for Elija to get an impression of what he was dealng with. Finally, he sat back and rubbed the bridge of his nose with a sigh. What he had read had cleared up many things, but had cast a dark light on others. It was a sad fact that some people had to give away their children, for whatever reason, but to request to split up brothers and sister was quite strange and made him wonder what dark secrets the boys were carrying.
Elija looked up at his student and cleared his throat to catch her attention. "I have finished with these papers. The good thing is that we shouldn't have a problem appointing you a new guardian, the bad thing is, we should do it soon, before the ministry decides to step in and send you to an orphanage over the winter break." he told her honestly.
Elija Prince
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Jocelyn looked up from her book when the professor cleared his throat, she lowered her book. "You already finished the stack of papers professor?" She asked surprised. She nodded at his explaination about giving her a guardian soon. "Professor? How does that work, appointing me a guardian, can i choose it myself or is someone get choosed for me?" She asked curiously.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Elija leaned back in his chair and looked into the fire thoughtfully. Her question was a good one and he had to admit that the ministry might not accept just anyone as her new guardian, still...
"I think in the end the ministry will choose who is the right one for you, but I am sure they would consider your wishes. So if you have anyone in mind, you can tell them and if the person is suited, they might pick him or her." he explained. The ministry could never be trusted, but as long as they didn't know anything about his student's gift, they would just treat her like any other child.
Elija Prince
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Jocelyn nodded but again she was very confused. "How do you know they are not placing me in the orphanage just like any other children, how do you know they are not giving me to my brothers because they are my brothers and family must stick together." She asked those questions because she was scared and also the last question was painful. Jocelyn sighed and put her book in her book bag and looked at the professor. "There is no one i can trust only you but i don't think they will consider you as my guardian because you are a professor. To be honest i'm scared." Jocelyn looked at her bookbag, she finally said it after the last conversation she was scared of the whole situation.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Elija nodded slowly as he contemplated her questions. "Usually, you would be placed with your nearest kin, but as your brothers are not old enough to care for you, they are not suitable guardians. And you wouldn't be placed with their new family, because they have enough children to care for." he told her. "Regarding the orphanage... since Voldemort has risen to power, the amount of orphans unfortunately has exploded. The ministry doesn't have nearly enough orphanages for all children, so if there would be a suitable guardian for you, this is where they will place you."
Her second point was much harder to deal with. Elija knew that there were not many people willing to take in orphans, especially from Slytherin. "You wouldn't feel save with one of your own house?" he asked his student. "If I really am the only one you trust enough, I am willing to stand in as guardian for you. You would only have to live with me over the summer holidays, as the rest of the year you will be at Hogwarts."
Elija Prince
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Jocelyn looked at him and shivered when he mentioned the name. "Professor stopping me in a family full of Slytherin that is just like a mouse putting in a cage full of snakes, Slytherins are loyal to the Dark Lord if they find out my ability i will be in his hands before i can scream for help." Jocelyn looked at him, is he really going to sacrifice his whole private life for her?

"Are you willing to give up your private life just because i only trust you? I have been so horrible to you i don't deserve you, i can't ask that from you." Jocelyn stood up grabbed the stack of papers and pulled it back in her book bag and looked at him. "You can't give up your private life, with your kids and your wife, i don't deserve you professor. Just never mind i will search something out." Jocelyn was panicking, she wasn't prepared for this to happen.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:28 pm

"I guess you're right." he conceded. "Although I don't think that all Slytherins are loyal to the dakr lord, it would be far too dangerous to place you with either of them. So it seems like you will be stuck with me." Elija chuckled slightly at her words and shook his head.
"Don't worry about me, Jocelyn. You have been under a lot of stress, so consider your outburst forgiven. I also do not have any wife or child" Elija got serious again and spoke openly "I need you to know that I never had to raise a child, so I would probably make some mistakes with you. Still, I hope that if we do this, we can both make it work. I will have strict rules in my house and once I'm your guardian, I would also be respnsible for you performence in class. If you do chose me as your guardian, then you will have to deal with me taking this role very seriously, so please consider this." he said calmly. "I think for today, this will be all. It's a lot to take in. You need to make up your mind and be sure in your decision on whom you want as your guardian. If you feel nobody is suited then the ministry will pick someone. Just know, that I would be willing to take you in should you desire so."
Elija Prince
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am

Jocelyn looked at him and nodded. "I'm going to think about it but i think my decision has been made already professor, i want you as my guardian and i will listen to your commands and obey your rules as long as i'm under your protection." Jocelyn said to him, she was pretty serious about it, he was the one she felt safe with.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:12 am

Elija nodded seriously and gave his student a small smile. "I'm glad to hear that, Jocelyn. I think I can arrange a meeting at the ministry for next week. I will let you know when exactely we will be going there. In the meantime you can overthink your decision, even if your mind is already made up. I want you to enter this guardianship with your eyes open and not as a fast made decision." he explained to the young Slytherin.
If she had good reasons for her choice than the ministry workers would be more inclinded to accept it, instead of picking a guardian themselves.
Elija Prince
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm

"I will professor." Jocelyn nodded and walked out of his office, back to her room. So much to think about. Jocelyn shook her head.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down