Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

DADA Lesson 1 (H)

+5
Carmen Thorne
Alexandria Stonewell
Azrael Nuka Grindelwald
Neville Longbottom
Remus Lupin
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DADA Lesson 1 (H)  Empty DADA Lesson 1 (H)

Post by Remus Lupin Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:02 pm

DADA Lesson 1 (H)  Tumblr_mrmylvRG9r1rxdgtwo1_1280

Remus looked around the classroom as he prepared for his first lesson. Getting rid of Lockheart's disgusting portraits had been more then a pain but his son's had more then aided him, taking great joy in setting some of them on fire. Smirking at the memory he waved his wand so the blinds closed to each window, in the distance he could hear the sounds of students heading to there first class. He knew he didn't look like the other professors, covered in scars especially one on his face, musular wearing a tight black t-shirt and jeans his auror's badge hooked to his belt. His robe was forgotten on the back of his chair. He chuckled to himself a memory of his wife's words the night before he left for the school.

Shaking his head he sat behind his desk, kicking his feet up his dark eyes waited for the first student to step inside.

*Note, Just like in canon no one other then Remus' children and the occasional trusted friend will know he is a werewolf. One or two of the gaunt-carrow children know but other then that it is a secret. Thank you.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Auror/DADA Professor
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

DADA Lesson 1 (H)  Empty Re: DADA Lesson 1 (H)

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Ian and Neville stepped into the Defense classroom, eager to meet their new teacher. They had heard what had happened to Harry on the train and obviously Professor Lupin was a caring teacher. Now he only had to be a good teacher as well and he would be their new favourite.

Junis and Linda took their seat at the front of the class, greeting their new teacher with a warm smile, Linda's much broader than the Ravenclaw's but not less honest. After the disaster of last year, they finally wanted to learn something useful in this class which had so much potential.

Nyx walked into the classroom with her sister, completly ignoring the students of other houses. She sat down and nodded at her professor in greeting, then took out her books and wrtiting equipment.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Arriving at the classroom with Ron in stride Harry pulled up a seat in the second row of the desks in the desk the farthest to the left. Ron sat next to him on his left side, and Harry raised his eyes to professor Remus. He took a liking to the man, obviously, since he saved him from the dementor in the train and gave him chocolate too, which was the best way to gain a child's trust. I could actually eat some chocolate right about now... he whispered in his mind and hid back a cheeky grin that begged him to come out.
Ricardo arrived soon after the boys and took a seat at the front, smiling up at his dad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Nuka Grindelwald Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Mio sat down next to Ian and Neville, keeping the seat next to him free for David who probably had slept in again. Rolling his eyes, he grinned at his professor. "Good morning, Sir." he greeted politely and leaned back in his chair, waiting for the lesson to start. It could only be better than the last two years, so he was pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

Charlie and Azrael, two of the oldest students in this class, calmly entered the class, strolling to the last row to take their seats. It would be easy for them to look over the younger students' heads and they would not be bothered by their mindless chit-chat. Azrael was feeling a bit off today, his first day of classes without Seth by his side and he was happy to just sit back and listen to what they were being taught.

Thanatos stepped up behind his sisters, pushing them into the room with a smirk. "Make me proud, little snakes. I want to see you earn points for our house." he remarked and moved past them to sit next to one of his classmates.
Azrael Nuka Grindelwald
Azrael Nuka Grindelwald

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Stonewell Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:21 am

Alex walked into the classroom and picked up a seat around the middle, trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible while she did so. "Good morning, Professor Lupin." She greeted politely, otherwise making no contact with her classmates. She had tied her hair up in a pony tail but some strands stuck out and she pushed them back, taking out her parchments and tapping her quill on the desk as she waited for class to begin.
Alexandria Stonewell
Alexandria Stonewell

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student.
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen Thorne Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:10 am

Bill entered his favourite classroom silently, offering the new professor a small smile, and walked to the back of the class to sit in the next desk along from his brother. He had realised over the summer just how little time he had spent with his younger brothers and sister, and he had decided to make a conscious effort to change that this term. Smiling slightly, he turned to Charlie and said quietly, "I really hope that this one lasts longer than Lockheart. There doesn't seem to be any self-obsessed propaganda, so that's definitely a bonus.."

A desk on the edge of the room caught Carmen's eye, and she looked straight ahead as she went to sit in it. This wasn't one of her favourite classes, but that didn't mean she didn't plan to pay attention and do well. Dropping a notebook and quill on the desk with a light thud, she then crossed her legs and eyed the teacher, hoping that it wouldn't be long before the class begun.

Nelle grinned as she waved to one of her housemates as they walked away from the classroom door, before entering the room and greeting the professor with a polite, "Good morning." Noticing that there were still many desks left without neighbours, she considered taking one of them. Instead, however, she moved to sit in the desk beside Alexandria. They had met up in Diagon Alley over the summer, and she hoped that she wouldn't mind her joining. "Hey Alex," she said, pulling her books from her bag and stacking them neatly on the desk.

Astoria waved as Cinnia broke pace to sit in a seat, with one spare next to her. Obviously she was hoping for her twin to join her. The red head smiled as she pulled a piece of paper and quill from her case and crossed her ankles as Astoria sat down in the front of the room.
Carmen Thorne
Carmen Thorne

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 am

Rowan, William, Atticus, and Luna all filed into the DADA classroom and took their seats. Following feast the buzz about this new professor was one of the top topics among everyone. He had helped Harry on the train when is was searched by that Dementor, which right off made him ten times more a proper professor than Lockhart. Preparing for class, they all sat in anticipation for what was to come.

Slipping in with Quinn, both girls greeted Professor Lupin before taking their seats with the rest of the Gryffindor group. Giving him a bright smile, Serena was more than excited for this class. She had spent loads of time with Professor Lupin, his wife, and his kids when her mother was out and about, and now, here he was, her DADA professor. She had little doubt that he would be brilliant, and had voiced such to many of her peers. Quinn's oppinion of the man was much the same. What Serena had told her coupled with how he helped Harry on the train was enough to tell her that the man was compitent when it came to this subject. Better then Lockhart, anyways, and that was what mattered. Hopefully, Professor Lupin would be one to stick around for more than one school year.

Zephyr walked in and took a seat beside Thanatos. The day had been a rough one so far, causing him to be rather quiet. You could go greet your cousins, Zeph. They know I'm here. It would still be- Osirus.... They know I'm here. I don't need to say anything. Alright, alright... You going to be alright, Zephyr? I'll be fine.... Taking out his supplies, Zephyr leaned back in his seat to await the start of class. From what he had heard about this professor, he was more than sure that class would be like what DADA should be and not a self promoting circus. That alone made his more or less content to be there.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:28 pm

David was curious to see how this professor turned out. the first was evil, the second was the biggest idiot in the world.. including Di Angelo. Would Lupin turn out to be an alien? He seemed nice enough from their brief encounters in the halls, but so did Lockhart. he sat in the empty seat beside Mio, with an expression of uncertainty on his face "Hello Professor Lupin" He said, almost a little timidly.

Robert was interested in this knew professor, he did not know if He would be alright, but being the Hufflepuff he was, he kept an open mind. He took a seat be himself, waiting for Lilith to show up.

Zack was done with these professors. Knowing Dumbledore, this would be a banshee or something. sure Lupin SEEMED normal, but he highly doubted he would be. What DADA professor was? he sat in the back of the class and exclaimed loudly "I seriously hope this one doesn't turn out to be Evil.. or losses his mind. there can;t be many people left for Dumbledore to hire!"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Remus Lupin Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:06 am

Remus nodded to the students kind enough to say hello, at the hufflepuff's outburst Remus merely chuckled "Now if i were evil Mister Smith i would surely curse the first student to call me evil" he said with a smirk.

Getting to his feet he leaned against his desk "Welcome to defense against the dark arts, now i know your teaching has been very disjointed these last few years so we'll try to make this class informative and enjoyable."

"Other then now teaching here at Hogwarts I am an Auror, and I fought in the first wizarding war along side many of your parents, hopefully you'll find my experiences make me more then qualified, now who wants to tell me how can someone detect or figure out if they are in the midst of a dark witch or wizard?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:50 am

Jace Di Angelo walked into the classroom late and took a seat beside his girlfriend, Carmen. He kissed her head and then relaxed in the seat where he sat brooding. He had a black eye thanks to Ian, who he glared at across the room. He was all cut up from being slammed into the wall so many times. He scoffed as he wondered who the new professor would be this year. He doubted the poor bloke would last past mid term week.

Sydney walked into class with a smile on her face but that soon dissappeared when she saw her brother. She hurried over to the only person she felt comfortable and safe with. Ian. "May I sit, Ian?" She asked innocently. She shifted her eyes over to Jace hoping to portray that she needed him to say yes. She didnt feel safe around her brother anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrastos Moody Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 am

Adrastos sighed at the professor's question, because his dad inquired him about such things ever so often. Perks of being the son of the head auror, "Check their left forearm" he drawled.
Adrastos Moody
Adrastos Moody

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Remus Lupin Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:59 am

"Mister Moody" Remus said with a chuckle "A good thought but ill conceived, the dark mark does not truly make someone a dark witch or wizard and yes i know your father would disagree as i am sure you will"

Crossing his arms he picked up his cup of coffee and sipped from it as he gathered his thoughts "Just because you scribble a drawing on your arm or put on a t-shirt with your favorite quidditch team on it doesn't make you that drawing or apart of the team, the dark mark is no more then that, a mark. A true dark wizard is a wolf in sheep's clothing, you cannot tell who they are or there aims. Why Voldemort himself was a student of hogwarts and no one was the wiser to his corruption into evil."

Cracking his knuckles he said "Who can tell me the difference between magic and dark magic?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrastos Moody Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:20 am

"Actually, professor Lupin," he began leaning back in his chair "I agree. Though Mad-eye simply thinks differently. Just because I have my father's blood doesn't mean I'm like him," he smiled cheekily at the professor which in turn made Falcon who sat beside him snort.
Adrastos Moody
Adrastos Moody

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:27 am

Harry was enjoying the remarks both Professor Lupin and Adrastos made but when the aliases of Tom Riddle was mentioned his eyes fell to the table for a moment. That man - or monster - alone had caused more grief in his life than any other, not even his muggle family was as bad as him. "I'm sure Dumbledore had a small idea about his...evilness..." he commented in a low tone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:30 am

Kain, whom had been sitting with Ares,  rolled his eyes at Harry chuckling darkly, "Dumbledore is as naive as you are, Potter," the slytherin laughed a demented laugh which made Ares budge a smirk. However, Malphas quickly slapped the back of Kain's neck, making him hit the table, "Shut the fuck up," the slytherin heir ordered him before sitting back in his chair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:39 am

Ricardo's eyes narrowed slightly as the mention of dark magic always reminded him of the one that made him what he was. Not that he felt as alone as before, because now he had a father who was the same as him and could help him through it all. And his father was standing in front of him teaching the class, "Dark magic isn't exactly used to help others. Dark magic is usually supposed to cause harm or do other affairs related to darkness, whilst normal magic is simply neutral in all that. Same goes with...dark beings. They never help anyone," Ricardo looked up at his father who would know exactly what he meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:09 pm

David rolled his eyes are Shadow and said "Shut it Shadow, we both know Harry could beat you both hands tied behind his back" He flashed Harry a brief smile, even though he was troubled. Did Lupin know his father? Could Lupin have known him well enough to know who his son was? He then answered Lupins question, adding on ricardos answer "I think there are many ways to distinguish the two types. Some would say dark magic is the magic the ministry has banned. How I distingish it is, dark magic is used to hurt, control, dismember and even kill another wizard or muggle, while normal magic is the stuff that we do every day here. Dark magic destroys families.. while light magic builds them" His tone was professional, since he did not want to betray his hopes... and fears

Zack simple said in response to Lupin "Are reveal your self to the whole class, and the whole school, I did not say you were an idiot, our last professor filled that spot up quite nicely." He rolled his eyes, sitting back ready for a long class
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:27 am

Kain snorted at Shuter's retort, "Your girlfriend seemed to like me, so, I guess I'm not as weak as that," he laughed darkly teasing David with facts he most likely did not yet know. Poor kid. Kain actually pitied him because of his relationship with his cousin Ember.

Back to top Go down

Post by Remus Lupin Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:48 am

Sighing with annoyance remus picked his wand up from the desk with a flick of his wrist a zipping sound filled the room as a zipper appeared on Zacharias' mouth silencing him."Mister smith if you cannot learn to hold your aggravating tongue then you will spend the entirety of the term like that. Oh and please don't try to undo the zipper you'll peal off your flesh"

"As for you Mister Shadow, you may be top dog out there in the halls but in here I am the alpha and you'll hold your trivial tongue or i will put you in your place, and if you do feel the need to terrorize someone terrorize someone void of respect like Mister Smith"

Remus eyes fell on Harry briefly before moving on "Ricardo, David, five points each for valid points well made" remus said moving on. "The difference between dark and light magic has more to do with intent then the nature of the spell itself. Dark spells are crafted with the intent of harming and light are crafted with the intent of helping"

"Lets play out a scenario shall we, you've been attacked by someone looking to harm you, all you can use is your wand name one legal spell that could help you get out of the situation"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:52 am

"Legal? Buzz kill..." Falcon joked but threw his arm in the air this was too easy any offensive spell would work but the one he had in mind was powerful and had a touch of fire in it, "Confringo. With a bit of luck I can blow the guy to bits ooooor, burn him to ashes" Falcon answered sitting back in his chair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:54 am

"Top dog in the hall is Malphas not me," he answered glaring at the slytherin heir that sat behind him, "Moving on, so that means I can stab Smith?" he offered the professor a lopsided grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:56 am

Alaska chuckled at Kain's remarks. He never stopped amusing her. Well, that was most likely reason why she dated him after all. Sitting in the corner in her own desk, she watched the whole thing from behind, amused greatly over this class. Maybe Hogwarts weren't so boring after all.

"Experiarmus," Lilith suggested, in hope to get at least some points for snakes, which they really should start getting. "Spell to disharm your opponent. Or in the clumsy case, hit the opponent directly and disharm his consciousness," she explained the spell and also her own experience from when she was learning the spell.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Remus Lupin Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:01 am

Remus laughed at Falcon's answer and even more so at Kain's question "a bit over the top Falcon but yes you could"

"Oh and Kain, what I don't know or i do not see, will not hurt me" he said with a wink at the slytherin before turning back to the class.

"Five points Lilith, creative and simple" he said smiling warmly at his niece "though in this scenario lets say you cannot hit your opponent does anyone know what to do then?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:05 am

"Do something unexpected, surprise him. Magic or not, when someone holds dagger to your throat, you can either play pathetic idiot and beg for mercy or kick him to his balls. I vote for the second option," Alaska said, speaking from her personal experience.

Lilith smiled back at her uncle relieved he didn't hate her as she expected him to, after what happened with icky last year. 
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:05 pm

David was less than proud for 5 points, since it was under his norm for a class, so he thought for a second and said  "Incendio. it may not defeat your opponent, but it will distract them for long enough for you to control the situation." He was silent for a second before adding "That is if they are smart enough.. if not, they could burn to death.." He shrugged.

Robert grinned at Lilth as she earned points for her house before he said "Silencio. If they can not utter spells, you are practically safe." he did chuckle at Greengrass' answer, but did not comment on it. He looked at the Gryffindor, Shuter, and couldn't help but find the boy over confident, the way he answered questions did not make him stupid.. but the way he taunted Shadow.. over confident.

Zack growled as a zipper shut his lips, but did not try to fight it. Instead he made a point of laying his head on his desk and closing his eyes
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next