The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Let the little Teddy become the bear (Ted, Invite)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let the little Teddy become the bear (Ted, Invite)

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Luna was stood in the middle of a large clearing close by to her home, wearing her protectors outfit. Her crow, Nero was cawing loudly as he hears the click of her hidden blade. She shushes him and puts a note in it's claw. ''Go to Ted Tonks...you know who i mean and give him this. Help him come here.'' She instructs the black beauty that graced himself on her shoulder. It flies off into the distance, going straight to Ted. The note told him to come here with his protector things but not saying who from. There were many scarecrows that she placed in the distance and on her back was her bow and arrows. Time to make the little teddy into a bear. Time to fight. She thinks to herself.

Back to top Go down

Re: Let the little Teddy become the bear (Ted, Invite)

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Teddy was finishing packing his things for school when a raven flew into his room, a letter in his beak. He took the letter that read to come with Protector gear. "Damn...." he said under his breath as he quickly changed into his outfit. Alchemy had trained with him over the summer, but he knew that he wasn't nearly up to what he needed to be. He just hoped that this was nothing serious. After clipping on his belt that held his throwing knives and tying on his red sash, he looked at the handsome bird, "Take me...."

After following the raven to the clearing, he spotted Luna. He silently drew a throwing knife for each hand and circled around her her, avoiding being seen. Coming up behind her, he whispered right next to her ear, "Everything alright?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Luna could sense Ted but only slightly. Alchemy had trained him well. As he whispers in her ear, she crouches and slides her leg across the floor, knocking his legs hopefully making him fall over. ''Everything's perfectly alright.'' She smirks and puts her hand on her hips. ''I see Al's been training ya...The reason i asked you here today, Teddy is because you're a newbie that's become high up in the ranks due to your relation with Alchemy and because i see greatness in you. The other protector's don't like this...at all. The blasted Council has returned and has seen what i have done. They can't overthrow me, you or Alchemy but they'll damn well try if they have to. You need to be able to fight...Al's an amazing fighter as we trained together. I've got scar's from your dear sister.'' She laughs and shows her neck as a long thin scar showed. ''Sneaky bugger she is. Anyway...Show me what you can do, Ted. Fight me..if you can't do that, fight them.'' She points to the four protectors that entered the clearing. First one held a mace, the second a sword, third and fourth had the throwing daggers. ''However I would use my wand, daggers, hidden blade, bow and arrow, sword. Pick the right one.'' She says looking deep into Ted's eyes. ''It's time for the little teddy to become a bear don't you think?'' She suggests. She points to a dark wooden chest next to her. ''In this chest is the same weapons as the protectors there. If you need to, take them. Keep 'em after if you wish.'' She smirks.

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Before Ted knew what hit him, his feet were knocked out from under him. From the ground, he smirked up at Luna. Alchemy had trained him well, but he admitted that he did need more... Much more... Picking himself up, his blue eyes found hers and his jaw set as he heard her tell about the other Protectors that weren't thrilled about the turn of events of him, a new member, rising to a position of power. He couldn't blame them. If it was him, he would more than likely be a little miffed, too. But, unlike them, he would have trusted Luna's judgement.

When he was on his feet he looked out over the clearing and spotted the four Luna spoke of. Ted glanced at her, a hard look in his eyes, and nodded his understanding. Quickly, Ted thought about what he could use for each one. Ted had been trained with bow and arrow as a boy, so he opted to start there. Removing his white yew bow, he took out three arrows each with black and white spotted feathers for their fletching. Holding two in his teeth, he set the other, Ted took a knee and aimed. His form was unique as his bow wasn't held straight up and down, but tilted to the side, more at a 2 o'clock instead of a 12 o'clock. He let loose the first arrow and quickly set the second one. He watched as the first arrow found it's mark in the hip joint of the first of the two with throwing knives causing him to fall and cry in pain. Ted loosed the second arrow, hitting the same man, this time in the knee. For good measure, Ted let fly a third arrow hitting him in the ankle joint.

Ted smirked as he knew that Protector wasn't going to be getting up from the ground, and was unlikely to throw his knives as the injuries he sustained were very painful, and he would be lucky if he ever walked normal again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 am

Luna watches whilst walking around the clearing. She spun a dagger in her hand and her ears pricked at a branch snapping. One of the protector's Ted was going to find had tried to sneak up behind her. The one with the sword. She growls and grabs her sword that she had luckily took before she started walking around. ''Ah...A traitor in our midst. Why, Jason!?'' She hisses and the protector laughs. ''Because you are not our leader you little bitch.'' He swings his sword and she crouches just in time causing him to hit a tree. 

She stabs him in the side with her hidden blade and he calls out in pain. She smirks and he dislodges his sword, charging after her. His sword hits hers causing the clash of metal to ricochet through the clearing. She flicks the sword out of his hand and presses the tip of her blade after a while of their swords hitting each other. Her cheek was cut and so were her arms but Jason's side was bleeding and so was his nose, his eyebrow and both his arms. There was also a cut on his leg. ''Traitor....You're pathetic. You saw that happened at our last meeting, did you not yet you still decide to attack me? The council are watching you pathetic fool. They're always watching. They're right here...watching you defy our order. We're a family and you betrayed us. What's the penalty, Jason?'' He listens to her wide eyed and he gulps. 

''Death...the penalty of betrayal is death.'' She kicks him to the ground and he lays there trying to get away. ''I am sorry, brother of the order.'' She puts her foot on his chest and stabs him with her sword. She hears clapping from the council members and their footsteps walking away from the clearing. ''Bastards knew he was a traitor...They wanted me to kill him!'' She growls and turns back to Ted. ''Test over. You have proven yourself. Well done...The council are pleased with your progress.'' She takes the sword out of his chest and wipes the blood onto his clothes. She closes his eyes and kisses his forehead. ''Pax inveniam te, quocumque perrexeris, frater. Proditionem te sit in hoc, precor te melior, sed in futuro.'' She whispers in latin and then spoke in english. ''May peace find you wherever you go, brother. You may have been a traitor in this life but i pray you are a better person in the next.'' She says and stands up. No emotion was on her face and she seemed cold to the core.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:16 am

Ted lowered his bow and glanced behind him towards the sound of clashing swords just as the confrontation between Luna and another Protector ended. Looking back at the oncoming others, he noticed they had stopped their advancement towards him. Getting up from his original position, he walked to Luna and watched as she gave the Protector, Jason, his last rites. Alchemy had told him about them over the summer. How each Protector receives this little Latin saying when they meet their end. Ted clenched his teeth at hearing that Jason was a traitor. Fortunatly for Jason, he met his end by the very hand who was in charge of them all, and seemed to accept his fate willingly.

When Luna informed him that the test was completed, turning her cold, empty expression to him, he swallowed hard. "Completed? But, only one target was taken down," he said simply. Proven himself with only one weapon, and one that he was already skilled in.... His blue eyes narrowed slightly. It was too easy....

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Luna stares at him, watching as he swallows hard. ''You see...That traitor was known to the Council.'' She looks at the other two and her mind caught onto it. ''Your test...is not completed. You've got the fighter part down however it's the...emotion part that we need to test.'' She sighs and a spark of guilt flashes in her electric blue eyes. ''One of these protectors is a traitor also...working with Jason before he met his end...the council knows this. A protector has to be able to block emotions. Stopping them from affecting us and stopping them from affecting our jobs...Either you figure out who it is which requires torture, killing one with a 50% chance that it's not the traitor or kill them both.'' She says coldly watching the two protectors stand still with their hands on their protectors mark. ''I am sorry...but you know it must be done, my order brothers...'' They nod with no emotion on their faces. She watches them closely.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Her knew it. Ted dropped his eyes and shook his head slightly at hearing that the test wasn't over. He knew taking one potential threat down wasn't going to be enough to show he was worthy of being a Protector. That would have been too simple. When he raised his eyes to Luna, they were cold as ice, but the humanity was still there. They weren't empty of emotion as a seasoned Protector was. Alchemy had warned Ted about this part of being what he was. The chance of taking life was high...

Ted turned his icy blue eyes on the two men, and drawing his wand, quickly cast, "Incarcerus!" The rope shot from his wand tip, wrapping tightly around the neck of one of the men. Before the rope could reach it's full tightness, Ted wrapped it twice around one gloved hand and gave a quick, firm yank. As the man fell, Ted used another spell to secure the rope to the ground causing it to continue to tighten, effectively choking the man, making his gasp for every breath.

Ted drew one of his throwing knives as he tucked his wand away and advanced on the other man. "Tell me," he said simply, as he drew closer and closer to the man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 am

Luna looks into his eyes to see coldness but saw his humanity. ''I see your emotions run miles into you. You're connected to your heart and i apologize for what you are going to have to do...It will change you...It has changed me. I used to be innocent, hopeful and then death entered my life. I hope you still keep your personality.'' She says and climbs into a nearby tree watching with no emotion.

The protectors stared with emotionless eyes but one of them had a bead of sweat pooling in the crook of his neck. He grasps for his neck as the rope wraps around it. He falls to the floor and holds onto it gasping for air. The other man stood still, staring into Ted's eyes with his black ones. ''I know nothing. I have been on business...killing mudbloods for the family I protect.'' He spits on the floor and the other one growls, gasping for air. The protector that spoke watches the knife with interest. ''What you going to do with that, cub?'' He hisses.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Ted heard the answer the man gave him as well as the question. On his last step towards the man, he fisted his hand in his shirt and slammed him hard into the tree behind him. "You want to know what I'm going to do with this?" he asked, holding the black blade up to show. Without waiting for an answer, Ted stabbed it into the man's lower thigh and, keeping his hand on the hilt said again, "Tell me."

Meanwhile, the rope around the other man's neck was getting tighter and tighter. Ted heard him coughing as his was drawing less and less air. "You are free to tell me which of you is the one I seek, too. Perhaps save your own skin for another day...." he said simply to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:35 am

The man felt his back slam into the tree and he groans. He glares down at the 'cub' and bites his tongue as he gets stabbed in the lower thigh. He looks down at his companion and then back at Ted with a cruel smirk. ''Would you really kill people with families? His wife just had a newborn boy with our mark!'' He says and then raises his hand. ''He is the man you are seeking for.'' He says with no emotion on his face. None at all.

The one on the floor coughed and shook his head frantically. He pointed weakly to the one against the tree. Luna stared confused. She crouched on the branch and stares at them. Council....what are you doing? What do you know?! She thinks to herself as she searches for emotions. One's lying, Ted...One is...She thinks as if he could hear her and she looks at him.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Ted’s icy eyes warmed for only a moment as he thinks about what the man just said. He didn’t want to take life at all, but it was a part of what he was now… Ted gripped the hilt of the dagger still stuck in the man’s thigh and twisted it. “I have family, too….” he growled and yanked the blade out of the now gushing wound. To keep the man in place, he took the same knife and stabbed it though the man’s shirt, nicking his shoulder, and deep into the tree.

Moving to the other man, Ted kicked him hard in the chest with the flat of his boot, knocking him over. He placed one foot on either side of the man and crouched over him. Ted drew another blade and cut the rope, releasing the man and allowing him to breathe for only a moment. He drew a breath through is nose before holding the blade to the man’s throat. “Now, it’s your turn to tell me, as you and you friend can’t get the story straight. Tell me….” Ted said darkly, but in surprisingly calm tones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:35 pm

The man just laughed despite his leg throbbing and gushing with blood. He hung from the tree with a fake cheerful smile.

The man on the floor coughed and groaned as air struggled to reach his lungs as the rope got cut. A scared emotion struck his eyes before he quickly recovered. He hears himself being addressed and looks into Ted's eyes. ''It's him...'' He breathes out. ''He's the traitor...I saw him kill one of our own before my very eyes!'' He admits with beads of sweat run down his neck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Ted noticed the sweat run down the man's neck. Got you.... "You've seen him kill one of our own? Why didn't you do anything about it then?" he said pressing the knife harder into the mans flesh, a small trickle of blood forming where the blade pierced it. As he spoke, he unhooked a second knife and simply rested his hand on his knee. Ted knew he had the one he wanted, but he wanted to hear why, if the man was telling truth, why he simply let the other man get away with killing a fellow Protector.

Last edited by Ted Tonks on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:50 pm

The man's eyes pierced Ted's. ''He threatened to kill me and my family...I can't leave them! My wife just had a new baby...'' He admitted. He was caught out. Lovely...He stared at Ted with cold eyes. ''I couldn't kill him myself because it's against who i am. My job is to protect...not kill. He does it for fun...does it for the dark side...I am on your side, Ted. He's the traitor...he is...'' He points to the other Protector, fear in his eyes. Luna watched with her deadly eyes and she hopped off of the branch. She circles them, her mind's gears churning. They blame each other...one is sweating. The other confident but not persuasive. Oh my Council...Wait....One of our own. The only person who has died in our order was Nocte. The council was there, Thane was there..i was there. Think Luna. Nocte was part of the council...they always had bodyguards. Luna you're so stupid, why didn't you think of this before!? She looks at the one being spoken to by Ted and she steps in front of the one stuck to the tree. She watches him with a tilted head and venomous eyes. ''Teddy...It's time to pick. Who's the traitor?'' She asks. She wants to know who he thought it was. She looks in the corner of her eye at the one on the floor, anger rising.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Ted's eyes narrowed as he looked at the man stuck to the trees and back at the one beneath him. "This one," he said in a voice as dark and dangerous as death itself. This was a side of Ted that not many had ever seen. He didn't want to sentence this man to death, but he knew it was him. All the signs were there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:31 am

Luna smirks. Correct choice, Teddy...She takes the knife from the tree and kicks the guy. She crouches down next to him and kisses his forehead. ''You shall live for another day, brother.'' She says and turns to Ted. ''Do what you must do...'' She tells him and looks at the one on the floor. She heard his voice and was slightly shocked by this side of him.

His eyes widen, fear growing. He tried everything he could to hide his emotions but all they did was grow. He looks into Ted's eyes to see darkness. ''No! This isn't you Ted! Please...Don't kill me! My family-'' He was interrupted by Luna's sharp, dangerous voice. ''Your family will be taken care of as if they are our own. I will train your son myself as if he was my own.'' She says with a rumble in her throat. He nods, petrified and stares at Ted. ''Then kill me....Do it!'' He shouts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:35 am

Ted looked to Luna, a flicker of sorrow crossing his eyes. He turned his blue eyes to the man below him. Ted tightened his grip on the blade resting on his leg and set his jaw. His blue eyes softened as he spoke, his voice back to normal, "Forgive me....Brother...." As the words left his lips, he swiftly stabbed the blade resting in his hand through the man's heart. Ted wanted to be sure it was as quick and as painless a death as he could manage. As the man's blood seeped up through the fatal wound, Ted closed his eyes fighting back the nausua that began to creep into him as the man lay struggling against death below him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 am

The man gasped as the blade entered him and he felt darkness surround him. All of his emotions swept over him, his life flashed before his eyes only to end with redness, then blackness.

Luna's heart clenched seeing the flicker of sorrow in Ted's eyes. She releases the other protector and he picks the body up to burn it elsewhere. Luna puts her hand on Ted's shoulder. ''It is done..you have showed what you can do. I am truly sorry for this...but it had to be done. The Council watched...they have examined and they shall speak to me later...'' She takes the blade out of his hand and wipes it on her clothes, handing it back. ''Are you alright? if you feel sick, it's sometimes best to put your head in between your knees.'' She offers, voice filled with concern.

Last edited by Belledona Prewett on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Ted got to his feet as the other Protector picked up the body. Putting the blade he had held to the man's throat back on his ring of throwing knives, he took a steadying breath. Taking the now clean knife from Luna, he added it to the others on the ring. Ted tried to listen to what Luna was saying as he felt a cold sweat begin to form on his brow and the world tilted awkwardly. Swallowing hard, he quickly moved to the tree line a dozen or so feet away, and, bracing one arm against one of the trees, Ted retched. He had never wanted to take life, not ever. Even when Alchemy warned him that it was part of being what he was, he still had hoped, foolishly, that he would never need to. As the wave of sick passed, Ted leaned heavily against the tree, breathing deeply....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Luna watches as he walks away and quickly turned as he throws up. Guilt washed over her in tidal waves and she walks towards him, pulling out a handkerchief. She wipes the sweat off of his forehead and the blood of his hands with great care. She holds his hands in hers and wipes the blood away with sadness in her eyes. ''I'm so sorry about that, Teddy...Will you be alright?'' She asks, looking up into his eyes with her electric blue doe like eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Ted shook his head looking away from Luna as she worked at getting him cleaned up. "It's not your fault," he said softly. "I just wasn't as prepared as I should have been to...." Ted closed his eyes and gave a subtle shake of his head as the words stopped. "She warned me. Alchemy did..." he said opening his eyes and looking at his hands that Luna was cleaning for him, "But, warnings mean nothing until you actually do it." He looked at Luna, his leader, and managed a small smile. "I'll be fine. Just shock that it came so easy, I guess," he drawing a deep breath. "Don't be sad. Just part of the job, right?" he said with a light chuckle. "Thanks for....fixing me up," Ted added, his color beginning to return to his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Luna notes the colour coming back in his face and she smiles sadly. ''You are right...warnings do nothing. If you ever have any, nightmares, bad thoughts, your moods change quickly...talk to me.'' She suggests. ''I wish it wasn't part of the job...We're Protectors. We protect our own and you just had to kill one...yes it was a traitor but still...he was our brother..'' She listens as he chuckles.

She looks up at him again after rubbing a small bit of blood off his hand. ''No need to thank...I'm just glad you had someone here whilst you had to kill someone...I had no one. I stood in the middle of this very clearing and the Council told me to kill someone. No reason....Not even part of the order. They told me to kill him...so we fought. The target and I...Blood was everywhere...I was drenched in it and then i killed him. It happened so quickly...His body fell to the floor and as did I. I just sat there...the Council left and i sat there for hours only to be dragged away by Merlin knows who. It's still hazy. Anyway...I was alone when it happened. I stayed in shock for days..maybe even weeks but you...you had me.'' She says with watery eyes. She pockets the handkerchief and breathes deeply. ''Alchemy taught you well. She warned you well too...even if it didn't do anything...Teddy..Only take a life if it's worth taking. Not like a stupid fool who does it a lot. Not like me.'' She tells him with a fierce tone. 

She looks around and watches a funeral pyre get built and the dead protector lay on top. She walks over, takes the lit torch and drops it on the Pyre. ''Rest in Peace Order brother...May your journey be swift and your treachery be forgotten in the after life. One should not fear the darkness but rather embrace it. Requiescant in pace.'' She shouts to the blazing fire that danced. ''May you find peace in death that you could not find in life.'' She finishes off with a lone tear sliding down her ivory cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top