The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
About The Page
RPG-D
Distant Fantasies

Top RP Sites

Important links!

- Canon Characters

- Death Report

- Change your name

Informational links:

- Site Plot

- About Schools

Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Never Danced with a Boy (opened)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Never Danced with a Boy (opened)

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Kiara wandered into the great hall for breakfast it was bustling with chatter about the tournament and the ball coming up, she had yet to find a date or a dress for that matter. She even had doubts that she should even bother going to the Yule Ball. She was only first year, hadn't been to a dance in her life. only been to her Dads and Stepmums wedding. That was as fancy as it got for her, she really couldn't seem to get into it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Never Danced with a Boy (opened)

Post by Selena Snape on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:56 pm

"Damn it, I hope they still have some pancakes..." Selena muttered under her breath as she hurried into the great hall and sat down at the nearest empty seat. Next to her was a first year Hufflepuff and she smiled at the younger girl. "Hi, I hope you don't mind me sitting here. I'm Selena by the way." she said sheepishly.
Selena Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Kiara looked up at the older Gryffindor and motioned for her take the seat "Not at all it is all yours, I am Kiara, Pleasure" she said with a small smile, so far she was pleasantly surprised with how friendly everyone was. She heard horror stories of all the drama going on around, but none of it had come to her yet. Merlin she hoped she didn't jinx it.

"And the Pancakes are over there, there are lots left" She said pointing to the large plate of pancakes. Having heard Selena say she hoped there was some left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Selena pulled some pancakes on her plate and started eating hungrily. "I love these." she said around the food, then grinned at the other girl. "Sorry, sometimes I'm lacking manners. Are you also already excited for the ball? I can't wait, I really love to dance."
She thought of how beautiful decorated the hall would be and the nice dress she had bought for the occasion, now she only needed a date...
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Kiara chuckled reminded of her brother when he at pancakes, but of course didn't say that.. she wouldn't want to be compared to a boy.. "That is okay, you're not that bad, eaten with worse before" she said sheepishly.

She made a face at the mention of the Dance, " I don't know to be honest, kinda terrified, My Step-mum sent me a dress but I never been to a dance before. I am getting the feeling I will end up going by my self, standing awkwardly alone and trying not to be stepped on by everyone else.." she blushed at the end, not having intended to say that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Selena burst out with laughter at that. The caretakers in the orphanage always complained about her manners as well when they at together, so she was quite used to that. "Thanks for putting it so nicely, Kiara." she said chuckling.
"Aww don't worry, I have never been to a dance before either and I'm kind of nervous about the whole thing, especially the thought of going with a guy." Selena told the other girl. "Though I might have to go alone as well if no-one askes me out." she sighed sadly. Most of the others already had a date and she felt left out, but she was still hoping for a miracle.
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Kiara grinned and laughs slightly "Your Welcome, it is no big deal really" she said truly as she didn't care, so long as people were nice they could have whatever other or lack of manner they wanted.

"Wow Really?" Surprised the older girl didn't have a date yet, seem friendly and bubbly enough for a decent guy for like her, plus she was pretty. "Someone will ask you I am sure, your pretty, in the 4th year, cheerful and funny." she said, Though.. if no one did she wouldn't feel like such a dork to have a 4th year girl to to hang around with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Selena groaned and hit her head softly on her palm. "Everyone keeps telling me that." she said and snorted. Then she laughed out loud once "I guess I will just have to ask one myself. Sometimes they are so thick." Selena winked at the other girl and thought of Severus. He always was so tense and only talked about deep thinks like school and studies and potions, but she had never seen him with a girl.
"If not, we just dance together, right?" Selena smiled at the Hufflepuff.
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Kiara giggled and nodded agreeing that guys could be thick sometimes, "Yeah they obviously are" She said with a smirk and a snicker. Any guy who hadn't asked Selena out was thick think in her opinion.

She smiled at Selena at her offer, " Really?" she asked, wondering if it was wrong of her to hope that Selene didn't get a date after all. "I'd like that... if ah.. I a date doesn't work out I mean."

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Selena took a sip of her pumpkin juice and leaned back on the bench, looking at Kiara with a smile. She was determined to enjoy the first ball of her life, with date or without it. "I hope they play some rock music, so we can dance alone. Then it would be less awkward to be without a date." she said grinning.
"I'm sure we're not the only ones without a date, so it won't be that bad.  It's supposed to be fun for everyone, not just couples."
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Kiara grinned and nodded "Yeah it would be really sappey if it only entertained pairs" she said picturing a lovey dovey dance.. "Might get boring after a while.." she added as she sipped her pumpkin juice.

" Was at my Dad and stepmums wedding.. It was really boring, all the couple dancing.. my dad made dance with my new Step brother.. his hands were all sticky" She said with a disgusted look on her face and wiggled her fingers. "He was only 4.. and he wasn't very good" she added as a after thought, as she didn't consider that a proper Dance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:31 pm

"True, nothing more boring and annoying than watching newly in love couples making out on the dancefloor." Selena said grinning and shook her head to chase the image away. Kiara's tale of her first dance wasn't a happy one though and she hoped that this ball would end better for the Hufflepuff.

"Do you get on well with your stepmother and brother? I have no ideas how families work, but I heard sometimes there can be problems when parents marry again." she asked her, though she had to admit the picture of a little four year old dancing was quite amusing. "So are your parents divorced or ..." she trailed off, not wanting to upset the other girl.
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Kiara blinked at the thought of people making out on the dance floor just like that and made a face "Eww" she muttered at the mental image.

She tilted her head at her Sel's question, finding the wording odd, did she not know how families worked in general? "My mum left when I was just a baby, haven't seen or heard from her since.. and don't want to. Dad said he got in contact with her if I wanted to meet her again.. but why bother." she said crossing her arms. Her mother left her when she was only in diapers. No way she was getting a second chance now. "I suppose my Step-mum is alright, I call her Audrey most of the time.. and ah.. I play lots a tricks on her" she said looking innocent.

"Will, my Step-bro is okay to even helps me pull pranks on his Mum cause he thinks I am funny" She said with a smirk,

"What about you?" She asked curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Selena laughed at the Hufflepuff's face when she mentioned couples making out and shook her head in amusement.
In her mind she tried to pitcure Kiara playing pranks and dissolved into giggles once more. "The poor woman." she said, trying to get back her breath. "I love playing pranks as well. Maybe we should try to prank one of the teachers. That would be fun." she grinned.
"I'm glad your family is so nice. My dad left when I was just a baby as well. I don't know anything about him at all. And my mum..." here her expression turned a bit sad. "She left me at the orphanage in London and then killed herself."
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Kiara smirked at the thought of playing a prank with someone on a teacher that would be so fun, provided they don't get caught of course.. "Would love to" she said grinning and nodded her head excitedly.

However Selena's explanation to her family sobered her again, she was at a orphanage? Well that explained her comment about not understanding families, "Wow I am so sorry Sel" she said and bit her lip. That was so sad, but she wasn't sure what to say that wouldn't seem rude. She was curious if Selena still lived in the orphanage or if she lived in another place now but she wasn't sure if she should ask.

"Erm you seem like a very nice person even so" She offered with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Selena smiled slightly at Kiara and shrugged. "It's fine. The caretakers are very nice and take good care of us. And sometimes it's even really funny to be around so many children. That teaches you to take care of others, but also to stand up to those that think are stronger than you. And as I don't even remember my parents it's hard to really miss them. Though I often ask myself if my father is still alive and what he is doing now." she explained to the younger witch.
It was obvious that Kiara felt somewhat awkward with the knowledge she just received, but that was nothing new to Selena. Most people reacted that way and she was used to it by now. "I'm glad, you think I'm nice, Kiara." she said with an amused smile.
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top