The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Music in the Halls (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Music in the Halls (Open)

Post by Cian Dawson on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Cian left the Hufflepuff Common Room, a case slung across his back. He tucked his hands into his pockets and set out in search for something. He would know it when he found it. Cian climbed the moving staircase and happened upon the third floor. He had checked the corridors on the first and second floors, and they just weren't what he was looking for. As he walked down the corridor, his shoes clicked and echoed with each step on the stone floor. When he reached somewhere in the middle, he took a coin out of his pocket and flipped it into the air. As it fell, he didn't bother to catch it, he just let it fall to the ground. The sound of the coin hitting the floor rang through the corridor. "Perfect," Cian whispered to himself.

He walked over to one of the arches and removed his case from his back, setting it on the ground carefully. He opened it and removed an ebony colored violin and matching bow strung with black horse hair. He left the case open and plunked each string, tuning it, and when all four strings were in tune, he stood and drew the bow across the strings. The notes filled the corridor, and Cian smiled at the magical sounds as they bounced off the walls and ran the length of the corridor. As he dove into a classic Irish piece, he began to sway with the music. Finally, he leaned up against one of the arches and played and played and played...
Cian Dawson

House : Emperor

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music in the Halls (Open)

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Hair still wet from his dip into the black lake, Alexander was wandering the halls, taking his time. Without really trying, he began to following the music that was drifting around the corners. After a short walk, he came upon this kid, probably a couple years older than him, playing the violin. 'Well. not doing much of anything else.' he thought to himself, and leaned against one of the walls, and began to watch the kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Cian was lost in his music and didn't notice the one person audience he now had. When the song came to a close, he relished in the lingering echo of the last notes before he opened his brown eyes. He didn't look directly at the blonde boy, but he did notice him. If I read his robes right, he's a Gryffindor... And maybe a first or second year... Cian's next selection came from a village near the coast, a village specializing in sailing where stories of mermaids run rampant. While all Cian played was the melody, in his mind he sang the words, gently swaying as he played the eerie song, the notes filling the hall. My heart is pierced by Cupid. I disdain all glittering gold. There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold... On Stranger Tides

Last edited by Cian Dawson on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 am

Even though the song lacked lyrics, somehow, Alexander recognized it. Shifting a little and moving closer to sit on a window sill, he watched the male continue to play, giving his full attention to him as the water from his hair continued to drip onto the stone of which he sat. 'Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be; who love a jolly sailor bold that ploughs the raging sea.'' he sang to himself in his mind, the next couple lines of the song. He had heard this song when he was much younger, usually in some ghost stories told by some of the sailors and residents of his village.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 pm

As Cian finished the song. He lifted his ebony bow, letting the final notes ring eerily in the hall. He then lowered his matching violin. "Are you a music lover, Laddy?" he asked the young boy, not looking at him but adjusting one or two of the pegs to help fine tune his strings. He then set the violin gently in the case, took out his rosin bar, and began slicking up the black horse hair of his bow. Cian looked over at the Gryffindor with his crooked smile and brown eyes shining.
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Alexander paused for a moment, "Recognized the song." he looked around the castle, "And you don't hear music commonly played in these halls." he added warily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:01 am

Cian returned his attention to his bow, replacing the rosin bar back in his case and picking up the violin. "This hall is one of the more acoustically sound places I've found in this castle of yours," he said looking around the hall. "I learned that particular song from a sea-going village near where I grew up. It's one of my favorites. A fascinating place..." Cian readied his violin and bow and asked, "Any requests?"
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:57 pm

"Castle of our's? You're not from here?" he asked, and he couldn't think of a song off of the top of his head he would request.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Cian let out a small chuckle as he lowered his violin and walked over to the boy. "Sorry, lad, but no. I'm from WolfClaw. Cian Dawson, Emperor... Nice to meet you," he said hooking his bow on the finger of the hand holding the neck of his instrucment and extending a hand to shake his.
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Luna walks slowly in the corridors with her blackish brown guitar, trying to seek out the beautiful music she heard. She rounds a corner in shorts, military boots, white top and a leather jacket. She sees Cian and Alexander conversing. She leans against the wall near them and grins. "Let me guess...Cian here is luring people with his beautiful music and you, just like I, got caught it in its grasp like sailors at sea, going to their doom at the sirens song." She speaks businessy as she came back from an important meeting with protectors. "Im sorry...I'm being rude. Hello both of you, I trust you are having and fine day and I do hope I am not intruding." Her pale cheeks formed a rosy blush and her bright blue eyes sparkled with happiness looking like the water on a sunny day.

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Cian didn't look away from the Gryffindor boy when he heard boots hitting the stone floor as someone walked towards them. However, he did look up when a girl, Luna, he had meet earlier in the Hufflepuff common room rounded the corner. He chuckled at her joke, "Not luring, simply playing and if anyone wanted to seek me, well, then they may." He tipped his head then and smiled. Noticing her guitar, Cian made a note to offer for her to play. "I was simply explaining the last song to this fine fellow here. Well, also that I'm not from Hogwarts," he said. He would start playing again once he learned the boy's name.
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Luna gives a soft laugh. "it is wonderful music! Better than any Voilinists I've ever heard and I have heard a good few." She smiles kindly and nods. "Ah yes you are staying with my house. I do hope they are treating you well however Hufflepuffs are quite...bubbly and goody two shoes. So I'm sure they have." She rolls her eyes and shrugs, putting her moon patterned guitar pick in her pocket. "How long have you been playing?" She ask, curious.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:27 am

He thought for a moment but didn't understand "Wolfclaw? Never heard of it." And he truly hadn't. But either way he responded, "Alexander. Gryffindor." But upon hearing what Luna had first said about Cian the instant she spoke made him a little on edge. Then again, just about everyone and everything put him on edge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:44 am

Luna looks at Alexander as he speaks and she smiles. "Hello Alex..pleasure to see you again...sorry 'bout our rough meeting. Didn't really make a good first impression now did I? I hope you can see past that and not think I'm like that all the time..." Her pale cheeks formed a deeper red and she looks away.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:13 pm

"Alexander, of Gryffindor, it is a pleasure to meet you. WolfClaw is the magical school in the Czech Republic. We are staying here, at Hogwarts, for the tournament. Were you not at the Welcoming Feast?" Cian siad with a grin. "I've been playing for as long as I can remember," he answered. He offered Luna smile, "Your housemates have been wonderful, however, I do agree with you on their attitudes. You certainly seem to be a little on the more extreem side of things when it comes to you house. But, there is always a reason for why we are put in our houses." Cian placed his ebony violin under his chin, "Would you care to join me in a tune? You start and I'll jump in." He winked at her and readied his matching ebony bow, watching her with his brown eyes for the tempo of the song she picked.
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Alexander nodded as he understood what was going on. When Cian asked him if he had been to the welcoming feast he replied "Sorry. No." And he really wasn't. He was, once again, searching the deep of the Black Lake. To Luna, he just shrugged, but he decided to sit around and see what the two did. He did miss the music from the muggle world...

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:12 am

Luna smiles and nods. "I'd love to however I do not just play...I sing so if I sound bad I am truly sorry. Oh and i shall being doing a song my mother used to sing to me as a baby." She blushes and begins. "I was born in the arms of imaginary friends. Free to roam, made a home out of everywhere I've been. Then you come on crashing in Like the realest thingz Trying my best to understand, All that your love can bring." Her voice, laced with emotion, became stronger as she reached the chorus. "Oh, half of my heart's got a grip on the situation. Half of my heart takes time. Half of my heart's got a right mind To tell you that I can't keep lovin' you, can't keep lovin' you. Oh, with half of my heart." She sped the tempo up, stopping to sing altogether in case her voice cracked. She smiles as she sings and loves the way the corridor made her guitar sound. She blushes deeper and she finally opens her crystal blue eyes which looked like they could pierce someone's soul with a single glance.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Cian was going to join Luna's song, but opted to just listen as the tune and her voice filled the corridor. The song was lovely, and the guitar and her voice made it even more so. When she changed the tempo and stopped singing, Cian closed his eyes as he listened. Then he began to play along with her, picking a harmonious string of notes to compliment the ones she was playing. His crooked smile crept onto his face as they played. He opened his eyes and caught a glimps of Luna's crystal blue eyes and the blush creeping into her cheeks. Cian tipped his head slightly as they continued to play. The song they were creating was hypnotic as the notes carried through the hall.
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Luna smiles as she hears Cian join in, the hypnotic music carried in the place around them. The song ended and a lone tear slipped down her blushing cheeks. She wiped it and placed the guitar so it's leaning against the wall. She kisses the guitar pick and puts it back in her pocket. "That was beautiful...I love the sound of a violin! They just give me shivers..." She grins at him with sparkling eyes and she leans against the wall.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Cian lifted his bow after a long ending draw, letting the note carry for as long as it wished. He lowered his violin and looked at Luna, smiling. "Thank you, Luna. Your song was wonderful as well. You are definitely gifted in the musical way. Lovely music and lovely voice," he said placing his instrument gently in it's case and the bow in it's place in the top of the case. "How long have you been playing?" he asked, leaning against the stone wall.
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:58 am

Luna smiles. "Just saying the truth, Cian and it is beautiful..." She hears his compliment and she blushes a very rosy red. She looks at the floor. "Thank you...I don't usually sing around people. I'm one of those shower singing people...surprised my room mates don't rage at me for doing it early in the morning!" She says with a goofy grin. She hears his question and tilts her head thinking. "Started singing at...5 years old I think...and guitar 7 years old. My mother said to me and my twin that 'music isn't made with our hands or voice but our hearts. As long as you sing confidently, people can hear the emotion lacing your words.' well that's what my older sisters said she said..." She shrugs and smiles. "it was lovely playing with you, Cian..thank you." She says looking ino his brown eyes with a smile.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian Dawson on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Cian tipped his head, "You are most welcome. Any chance to play with a fellow musician is always a pleasant time." With the toe of his shoe, Cian tapped the lid of his case shut. "Your mother, or whoever said it, is right you now. Music is a universal language. Even of you do not understand the language the music is in, the sounds and emotions the music sing tell the story that everyone understands. You are very gifted in both of your music talents, Luna. And I mean that..." he said with a crooked smile.
Cian Dawson

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top