The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
About The Page
RPG-D
Distant Fantasies

Top RP Sites

Important links!

- Canon Characters

- Death Report

- Change your name

Informational links:

- Site Plot

- About Schools

Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Calm night (open)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Calm night (open)

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am

Luna looks at the boy with her bright blue eyes sparkling. ''Magic my friend...Ancient magic that follows ancient families that are not that very known anymore..'' She grins at him. ''Books are the greatest escape..ever...I've never thought of reading in that tree. I usually read on the highest points of my house.'' She looks at the moon now and for those who looked close enough, would see her mark shine a  little. She looks back at them but mostly, Adonis. ''You'd like my sister then...Morgan's already met her. Her name's Aurora and she loves to read! Our library at home is like the one in the Muggle book and film, 'Beauty and the Beast'..She never leaves and she uses the oddest things for bookmarks because she always uses up her actual bookmarks.'' She laughs slightly. ''Maybe you guys should come raid my library sometime!'' She grins at them, laughter lacing her voice.

Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Moran laughed with Luna. "That would be amazing, Luna! We will so have to do that!" she agreed brightly. "Aurora is a sweetheart, and in our house, Adonis. She's one of my dormmates, too!" Morgan added.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Luna grins. ''Maybe the next holiday.'' She smiles at the mention of her sister. ''She's different to me...but the same. She's the light and i'm the dark. Maybe that gives you an idea how she will be around you. She will be much nicer and maybe even hug you as she just loves meeting new people.'' She smiles at Adonis.

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:29 pm

"That's wonderful." Adonis's reply was more or less to everything that was said, because he really wasn't sure how to address every single thought. Although it put him on a lower level than the girls, and he usually wasn't comfortable with this, he sat on the ground. He spread his hands across the grass, enjoying its softness while he tried to think of proper conversations.

"I think I'd like to meet your sister. I might have seen her, but I don't know who she is, really," he finally said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Luna tilts her head at him with a smile. ''It is and she's usually in the library...It's like her home there. She looks like me...but blonde as i dyed her hair so we look a tiny bit different.'' She grins at him and leans back on her elbows and legs tucked under her. She see's a small flower and softly touches it. ''You'll see her one day. If i mention to her that i spent time with a first year Ravenclaw, she'll be rushing to every single one to see if i didn't traumatize them.'' A small smirk forms on her face.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Morgan adjusted herself so she would be sitting facing both Luna and Adonis. He really was a nice fellow. He'd fit in nicely, she figured. "That sounds like Aurora. She's a bright ray of sunshine. I mean, she even helped to change the color scheme in our dorm to be brighter and happier," Morgan said remembering when they changed the color of the room to purples and made the furnature white instead of the normal blue and brown. "And, the room is still like that!" she added with a giggle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Luna listens to Morgan and grins. ''She loves colours so she likes changing colour schemes...surprised she hasn't changed it yet. Should see her room at our house! It's full on knick knacks she's found and thinks it fit in her room. It ends up fitting in perfectly. She tried changing my room to pinks..I was not happy.'' She giggles at the memory and turns to Adonis. ''Do you have siblings?'' She asks, curious.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 pm

"So she'll inevitably find me," Adonis mused. "Alright then."

He thought for a few more minutes before continuing. "The room feels like a girl touched it, that's for sure." He chuckled a little at the end, but it was all in good humor. He did like the room very much, but it was indeed very feminine, if you looked close enough.

Adonis's expression turned sad at the mention of siblings, however. "I used to have a brother, but we were separated when I was only a few years old. I don't remember much about him, save that he always took very good care of me. I'm adopted now, and I have a little sister named Alice. She's a sweet little girl, but my family is Muggle so we probably won't ever see her here. She would make a brilliant Hufflepuff though."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Morgan listened and saddened at the story of Adonis' loss of his brother. Even if that was the only family he had, it would still be very sad. "Adonis, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I don't have any siblings, so I don't know what it would be like to lose one. But, I have a cousin I'm really close with. He's kind of like a brother. I would be heartbroken if I lost him," Morgan said, speaking of her cousin Severus. He was always good to her, and losing him would be almost unbearable. "How great, though, that you have a family that loves you, Muggles or not. It would be nice if your sister, Alice, was magical after all and got to come here. It could happen..." Morgan said, her voice gentle, but brighter than before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:57 pm

"Could it really?"

Having been sheltered from all things magical for his entire life, although not purposefully, Adonis was unaware that Muggles could join the wizarding community just as easily as a wizard could, depending on whether or not they had the ability to master magic, of course. It gave him hope that perhaps his little sister would be able to become one, and they could share in the excitement together.

Morgan seemed sure of herself, so Adonis was having difficulty doubting her. The question he asked was more of a musing than a query of suspicion, and didn't really need to express itself outside of his head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:00 am

''Yes it could. Magic is an amazing thing..'' Luna grins at him. ''Don't doubt her...She's grown up in the pureblood life and she's probably read loads of magic books.'' She smirks at Morgan before looking back at Adonis. ''If your sister does get the ability, i'm sure she'd love this place. It's a home..away from home.'' She smiles.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:07 am

Adonis raised his eyebrow, watching the girls with a look tinted by suspicion and perhaps a hint of annoyance. "Actually, she knows close to nothing, save that her brother goes to a boarding school that teaches students magic. She wasn't raised in a pureblood lifestyle. I was raised as a Muggle. How'd you know I was pureblood anyway?"

As far as Adonis knew, there was no way of telling. Blood status was one of the few things that he couldn't tell about a person from looking at them, and he'd hardly told these girls anything about his background. Obviously that would explain their inaccurate assumptions about his family, but still...

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 am

Luna gasps. ''I-I didn't know...I thought you were a muggleborn! I understand if it makes you feel uncomfortable with this...it's just by the way you talked of your sister, it made it sound like you were a muggleborn. I'm really sorry...'' She rambles on with a faint blush and wide eyes. She could see he was suspicious. His eyes said it all and she felt truly bad.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Morgan was a little surprised by Adonis' change in character. She thought over what Luna had said and thought she found the point of confusion. She gently put her hand on Luna's shoulder and then looking at Adonis, addressed him, "I think what Luna meant was that I was raised in a Pureblood family. My family is a little different, but I do know about how magic can just appear in anyone. It doesn't matter what your background is, or what you may or may not know. Even Muggleborns, who don't know anything about the wizarding world, can end up being magical." She offered him a smile, hoping her explination helped him to better understand. "And, honestly, I didn't know what your blood status was until now. It's not really something high on my must know list. You are magical, we are magical... Thus, status to me doesn't really matter..." Morgan added, the happiness in her voice lessening as she spoke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:38 pm

"I don't understand why it should," Adonis agreed. "I've heard people talk about Muggleborns and halfbloods being inferior to purebloods. I don't understand at all. If we are all capable of practicing magic, shouldn't we all be just as equally respected?"

Adonis thought then for a minute, trying to form his next question which had inevitably made an appearance. "How do we have magic?" He contemplated his word choice, then shook his head, realizing it didn't make sense at all. "I mean how does magic choose us?" Again, it didn't sound right. It may have even been worse. With a cry of frustration, he tried again. "What makes it so that we can be magical?" There, that's better. He continued, "Because, as we know, some Muggles can be magical and others cannot, even though Muggles as a population are considered to be nonmagical. And for halfbloods or purebloods, where did it all begin?"

The Ravenclaw boy wasn't sure where all of these questions were coming from, all of these ideas on history and the origins of his sort of people. Magic was such a random thing, he decided, but he really did want to know where it started. At any rate, if the girls couldn't answer, he figured a professor would. He'd probably hunt one down and ask anyway, or take a long excursion to the library.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Morgan's eyes widened at Adonis' series of questions that ultimately asked why people who were magical were and those who were not, were not. She placed her finger tips together and rested her pointer fingers against her lips. She had often contemplated where magic came from, and had tried looking it up. Morgan lowered her hands into her lap and took a deep breath before attempting to answer him...

"No one really knows for sure, but there are a few theories," she began. "The first is that magic is genetic, kind of like a recessive gene. In order to be magical, you need more recessive genes than dominant ones. Well, that is, if magic is determined by two or more genes. That would explain how purebloods continue to have magical children and how you can get magical children from halfbloods and Muggleborns," she said. "Then there is the theory that magic is a mutation in a genetic code. When a child's genetic code is being made, something goes awry thus resulting in the error in the code that makes the child magical. This also explains how you can have magical children from purebloods to Muggleborns," Morgan told. She thought about the other theory she heard about before telling it. "Some also think that it's possible that magic is just a natural evolution in people. The next step for humans. But, I'm not sure that there is much to that one since some pureblood families have nonmagical children..." Morgan said, looking off at nothing as she finished the theories she had read and heard about.

She looked at the ground between the three of them and said, "If it is all in the genes, I think the first one is more likely. That we all carry the potential to be magical, you just need the right combination of things to allow it to happen."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:57 pm

"That's fantastic!" Adonis exclaimed. Morgan's explanation made perfect sense to a question he never thought he'd get a straight answer to. She could be wrong, but at least Adonis had something to go off of instead of wallowing in complete confusion. "You're fantastic," he corrected, clarifying that he spoke of Morgan, and not the fact that magic was a gene to be or not to be inherited. That concept was quite terrifying, as it literally meant that your magical status was determined entirely by chance. You either have it or you don't, and if you do, well good luck from any divine being that mattered. That was Adonis's abbreviated conclusion for what had just been said. It would help him remember it for later recollection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 am

Morgan smiled at Adonis' reaction to her explanations. When commented that she was, in fact, the one that was fantastic and not her explanations, she shook her head and gave a small wave with a bright smile, "It was nothing. Just some stuff I heard about and read about in my father's massive library." She was such the Ravenclaw in this moment that she couldn't help but giggle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:36 am

"How big is your father's library? Does it have many Muggle books as well as magical books?" Adonis clamped his mouth shut, recognizing the symptoms of an oncoming rant. This tended to happen when he got on the subject of books. He had always wanted a large library, but he had to hold that dream off for when he was grown, if he could obtain enough money. Collecting information was sort of a passion of his, whether through books or spoken word, so of course this would entail learning about the Prince library.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Morgan smiled, "It's rather large. I'm sure there are libraries that are bigger than my father's, but his is pertty big. I think there are some Muggle books in there, but nothing that I've read myself. There are some Muggle textbooks that I've looked into, but not many." She remembered that Luna said her family has a large library, too. "Luna, doesnt your family have a big library, too?" she asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Luna looks up after listening to the conversation and nods. ''You know the library from the muggle story and film 'Beauty and the beast'? It's like that. It's massive and my sister spends most of her days there.'' She smiles at him and then goes back to staring at her bow and the ground in general. She liked listening and observing conversation's whilst she paid a lot of attention to her surroundings so she can easily protect herself.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:12 pm

A strange, cracked noise that tried to sound like awe was heard from Adonis's throat. Adonis thought he was trying to say 'what' or 'really' or... He didn't really know. He was too excited to really pay attention to what he was saying, much less what he was trying to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:17 pm

"You must be a book person, Adonis," Morgan commented after hearing the response from him at the mention of Luna's family library.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Adonis gave Morgan a look that substituted spoken word perfectly. 'Are you serious?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Luna laughs slightly. "Maybe you could join my sister one day in there! I'm sure you'd love it." She offers with a nice smile. She wanted to be friendly after their bad meeting and she actually wanted to be his friend. He'd probably get along more with Aurora though. She smiles again. "We have muggle and magic books and my mother magicked one plain book so if you put your hand on the page and think of the book you want it appears in front of you." She grins at him.

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 pm

"I need to learn how to do that," Adonis commented, wonder threaded through his voice. "Could you ask her what the words are?" Being that he couldn't obtain everything else, he focused wholeheartedly on the one thing he could. It would be simply marvelous to be able to make a blank book become any book he desired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top