The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Potion tutoring

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Potion tutoring

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Morgan grinned at Regulus' answer to her question and then added her fairy wings and waited until the potion turned turquoise. She would have to ask Severus about the seahorses later. Of all the places she hadn't looked, the forest was at the top of her list. That had to be where they came from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Selena grinned broadly at Severus "Uh-huh ... right, Severus... I totally believe you." she snickered and pulled out some fairy wings to drop them into her cauldron. Then she made the flames grow higher and watched the potion go from colourless to light green to dark green to turquoise. "Cool, I love this colour." she said softly.

Selena Snape

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Morgan watched her water as the color changed gradually and finally settled on the desired turquoise color. She removed the heat and said, "Me, too!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Regulus grabbed a set of fairy wings, and placed them on his cauldron. The color of the water slowly turned into turquoise, as Regulus heard the two girls say they liked the color. "Well I don't. It's girl-ish." Reg said, and laughed afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Severus looked over Morgan's shoulder and nodded quickly. "Very good. Exactely the right colour." Then he walked over to Selena and leaned over her cauldron as well. "Same for you. Good for your first attempt. I see you both have a talent for potions." he said smiling at them.
"Do you need help, Reg?" he asked teasingly, but the colour was right as well, so Severus went on to the next step. "Okay, now you will have to add a meassure of doxy eggs and heat it again." he winked at Regulus. "Now the colour will turn girl-ish. It has to turn pink." he said snickering.
Severus Snape

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Potion Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Morgan smiled at Severus' praise and went to get a measure of doxy eggs. She added them to her turquoise water and made her fire bigger to continue heating the mix waiting for it turn pink. "Guess you will really hate the next color, huh Regulus," Morgan teased. He was surprisingly easy to talk to, kind of like his brother, but in a different way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Regulus smiled at both Severus and Morgan. "Teasing me as usual." Said Reg, snickering. He grabbed a small measure of doxy eggs. He placed them in the cauldron, and looked away, hearing the fire come up. Waiting for his own mixture to become pink, Regulus gave Morgan, a small, playful glare. "I truly do. Has your water got to that dreadful color yet?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Morgan looked in and then back at Regulus and winked, confirming hers had, indeed, turned pink. She lowered the heat to prevent overheating and then awaited further instructions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Selena turned her head slightly and grinned at the Slytherin. "Why thank you, Severus. A praise from you means more than from Slughorn in my eyes." she winked at him and put the required doxy eggs in her cauldron and heated it again.
"Urg ... pink really is not my colour... " she groaned and squeezed her eyes shut.
Selena Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Regulus nodded at Morgan, noticing his cauldron had gotten that pink color on it as well. "See Morgan? Selena gets me..." He chuckled and turned down the heat of his cauldron, following Morgan's example. She seemed like a nice and bright girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Severus snickered at their faces. "I agree, pink really is eye-cancer inducing... " he said smirking and went to the desk again. "Now you can add the dragonfly thoraxes, but only so many till the potion turns red, so be careful." he told them.
Severus Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Morgan scooped up a handful of dragonfly thoraxes and began to add them one at a time, waiting for them to mix completely before adding a new one. After about six, her pink potion settled and a bright, apple red color. "Like that?" she asked Severus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Reg picked up about ten thoraxes. He got to his cauldron, and began to pour them down. After around seven, his mix turned into a ruby red wine color. "Bet no one wants to drink that...better then pink I suppose."

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Severus nodded at Morgan. "Yes, exactely. Now you can start heating it again till it turns blue." he told her and then smirked at Regulus. "Quite right. Nothing worse than pink..."
Severus Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Morgan poked her wand at her flame beneath her cauldron until the heat rose back up. "Red is much better than pink, but pink isn't so bad," she teased all of them. The only pink Morgan enjoyed was the pink of the roses at in the field near her home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 8:20 pm

"Meh, think red is better too." Said Reg smirking. Regulus did the same as Morgan, and heated up his cauldron once again, but not looking at the color yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Selena watched the others add the ingredients and followed their example till her potion turned a nice bright red as well. Like the colour of blood, she thought fascinated and smiled slightly at Morgan's comment. "That depends on the intensity, I guess. The girly pink or a strong magenta. I do like magenta as well." she said softly while she heated her potion till it turned blue.
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Severus smirked at the comment and watched them heat their potion. "Good, now that the potion is blue you have to add dragonfly thoraxes again till it turns silver, much more fitting for Slytherins like us, don't you think, Reg?" he asked chuckling. "Then you can heat it again till it turns back to red."
Severus Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Selena followed the Slytherin's instructions and started to slowly add dragonfly thoraxes again, till the potion turned into a silvery colour. The liquid looked thick, but didn't stick to the stirring rod at all. "Like unicorn blood..." she thought, sadly, remembering the bottle of the blood in the potion's shop in Diagon Alley.
Shaking her head, she pointed her wand at the fire and incanted Incendio to heat the cauldron again. "Like this Severus?" she asked, when the potion returned to a red colour, his time slightly brighter.
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Morgan cooled her flame when she saw her mix was blue and added more thoraxes until it turned a silver to rival moonbeams. "I love this color...." Morgan sighed before heating her mix back up to turn it back to the vivid red it was before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 8:39 pm

"Much more fitting. Red is for gryffindors." Said Reg. He added more thoraxes until it turned silver. "Silver is a great color." He pointed his wand at the bottom of the cauldron, and heated it using Incendio, making the mix turn red yet again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape on Tue May 28, 2013 9:30 am

Severus walked around the cauldrons of his friends to make sure everything went smoothly, but he didn't have to worry. They were all talented and didn't make the slightest mistake.
He stopped behind Selena and looked over her shoulder into the bubbling cauldron. "Yes, just like this." he said softly and smiled at her.
Then he raised his head to look into the other cauldrons, where the potion had turned equally red again. "Very good. Now we add three measures of doxy eggs and some dragonfly thoraxes. Then heat the potion again till it turns blue." Severus instructed the other three students and leaned against the desk.
"You're all very good at this, you know? I guess I should be careful what I teach you, otherwise I won't be the best at potions anymore soon." he teased them.
Severus Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 am

Morgan giggled at her cousin's comment about them taking over his place as best in potions. "I don't think anyone can be as good as you in potions, Severus. But, once you graduate, someone will need to take your place!" she teased in return as she added her measures of doxy eggs and dragonfly thoraxes. Again, she stoked her flames, raising the heat to warm her potion. Gradually, the red began to darken until it reached a very pleasent shade of blue. Morgan then cooled her flames to prevent overheating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape on Tue May 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Severus chuckled warmly at his cousin's words. "I feel flattered." he winked at her. "I guess, you three have to compete against each other then for who will take my place." he smirked and sat on the teacher's desk to watch them thoughtfully. "A Slytherin, a Ravenclaw or a Gryffindor.... that will be interesting."
Severus Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape on Wed May 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Selena grinned at Severus, glad that she had managed to brew the potion correctly so far. She smiled to herself as she added the next ingredients, three measures of doxy eggs and some dragonfly thoraxes, and then she let the fire grow under her bubbling cauldron till her potion turned to a blue shade. 'Very nice colour' she thought and thought of the sea. Selena loved water in all forms, be it rain, snow or ice. Even a bottle of the liquid could fascinate her.
She looked up at Severus when he talked about someone replacing him and a sad expression appeared on her face. The thought of the Slytherin leaving the castle before her was not a pleasant one as she started to consider him a friend.
Selena Snape

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2