The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
Switch Accounts



Twitter
Admins







Moderators






Wandering Around (open)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 1:56 am

Elin decided she was in need of some fresh air after wandering around the castle for hours. Walking down to the lake, she settled down next to a tree at its edge, taking in the sight of the grounds. Absently, she trailed her hand through the cool water, wondering what she should do next.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 2:32 am

Celania was near ready to pull her hair out. She had missed multiple lessons and had spent the week holed up in a dark part of the library just to make up for it. But with a look of disdain, she had kicked her books aside and left the castle walls. Yet she was clueless as to what to do now that she wasn't busy. With nothing particular in mind, she strolled down to the lake. There was a first year that she had noticed in a few of her classes sitting near the waters edge. Stepping closer, she grabbed hold of the tree and hoisted herself up until she was dangling from the branch directly above the girl. "Hi there," she said suddenly swinging herself upside down so that she was almost too close to her face.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 2:41 am

"Ahh!!" Elin yelled in surprise as suddenly an upside down face appeared in front of her. Taking a few deep breaths to calm down, she said "Why...why in the world are you hanging from a tree? And hi to you too." "Why didn't I see or hear her climb the tree?" she thought.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 2:48 am

It surprised her when the girl screamed and Celania let go of the branch. She crashed to the ground with a yelp, nearly landing on her. Luckily she hadnt been that high up. Groaning, she sat up rubbing her head. "Why was I hanging from the tree you mean," she said referring to her position on the ground now. "Why not?" She shrugged. "You should try it sometime. Well not the falling and crashing part." She winced to show her point.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 2:53 am

"Hmm, might take that up some day when there isn't anyone to see," Elin said, grinning. "I'm Elin, and you are...?"
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 3:00 am

She grinned sheepishly, having had forgotten her manners. "Celania," she grinned. "So what brings you out here Elin? Escaping work, looking for someone, perhaps thinking of taking a dip?" Well now that she thought about it, going for a swim didn't seem too bad but she hardly trusted this lake.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 3:08 am

"Nothing in particular, just wanted to relax and get some fresh air. Though a dip might be nice too...How about you?" Elin asked. She looked down into the lake, wondering what else might live in there besides the giant squid.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 3:14 am

"Escaping work. I've been studying a lot more than I ever have and I hate studying." She shook her head with a slight frown but then she perked up. "Want to explore?" There was a glimmer of excitement in her eyes. She had seen Elin glance at the lake and she did say a swim would be nice. Besides she figured neither of them had anything better in mind.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 3:18 am

"Hmm..I kinda like studying you know...Never mind." Elin says grinning. "Well, sure! Where do you want to explore? The depths of the lake? Or all the tops of the trees here?" She said jokingly.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 3:27 am

"To each his own," she shrugged. She mock glared at her, 'Funny. And I would if I wasn't scared of someone screaming again. Don't want another accident," she pretended to make a pained expression. She pushed herself up from the ground and dusted off. "I say we see what the lake has to offer, magical creatures and all. Up for it?"

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 3:34 am

"Sorry" Elin grinned and said. "So what are we waiting for then?" She had conveniently been wearing a Gryffindor T-shirt and shorts. Perfect for jumping into the lake. "Take the lead then" she said, standing up next to Celania.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 3:44 am

Celania slipped her wand out of her sleeve before shrugging off her house robes and kicking off her boots. There was nothing she could do about her skirt. Wand still in hand, she cast the bubble head charm. She didn't tuck away her wand as she wasn't sure what was down there and wand less magic wasn't her strong suit. Celania began to wad into the water, only jumping slightly from the temperature. She splashed through a little more until she was able to dive under the water. There she waited just below the surface for Elin to join her.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 3:50 am

Elin pulled out her wand as she slid into the lake, shivering a little from the cold water. She performed the Bubble Head Charm on herself as Celania did so. Wading over to where Celania was, she ducked her head under the water and gave a little wave to Celania. "Let's go, then" she mouthed, swimming further into the lake.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 9:33 am

Celania chuckled to herself and followed the eager girl. Now that she was under the water properly, she could see how different it looked from this end. The sun filtered in warping the surface a bit and illuminating the surface below. Yet it wasn't completely clear, there was this slight tint that gave you the feel of being in another world. Celania looked back once and swam to catch up with Elin. She wished she was a metamorphagus like Andro, at least then she could move easier. Nevertheless, she managed to make her movements more fish like. She bumped shoulders with Elin with a grin and pointed down. She wanted to go deeper, she doubted anything interesting stayed near the surface. So glancing back to make sure she was following, Celania swam further down. Long tendrils from the aquatic plants, caressed her whenever she was close enough. She was surprised that the area around them showed no signs of growing dark. And maybe that was for the best as she saw a faint glimmering from the corner of her eye.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Elin was admiring the scenery as she swam along. It looked so different underwater! Somehow it all seemed ethereal, like any minute she would wake up and it would be gone. The lake water was cool on her body, giving her a sense of being embraced. "I should go swimming more often," she thought. Just then, Celania bumped her shoulder and pointed down. Elin supposed she wanted to go further down. "Just as well," Elin thought, "We shouldn't see anything but fish up here." Following Celania, they went deep enough to touch the water weeds at the bottom of the lake. Catching a faint glimmer from the corner of her eye, she turned towards it as Celania did. It was a light, but it was quite far away and it was moving closer and closer. "Should we go investigate?" she mouthed to Celania.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Celania nodded but she made a gesture for them to tread carefully. Sticking close to Elin, she swam to meet the floating light. Well that's what it had looked like from far away but now as she moved closer, it began to take shape. It was a silver locket, detailed with intricate designs that she couldn't begin to explain. Her brows furrowed and she crossed her arms. I got excited for this? Yet she still grabbed it and turned it over in her hands before passing it to Elin. Well at least it's something, the shrug she gave Elin seemed to say.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 1:26 pm

As they approached the light, wild fantasies were running around in Elin's head about what it was. So, she was more than a little disappointed when they came closer and saw that it was in fact a locket. Well, at least it was mysterious... Turning the locket over in her hands, she saw an engraving, just barely visible that said "S.L.B." What was it? She pointed out the engraving to Celania, giving her a questioning look.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Celania leaned closer to see what it was Elin was pointing at. She hadn't seen the engraving and she stared at it curiously. The 'B' could be anyone really. Not a Black, she was sure of that. There was no one in her family with those initials, at least she thought there wasn't. Celania shrugged and shook her head, she had no idea. "Put it on," she mouthed. At least that way they wouldn't lose it and could examine it further when they resurfaced.

She was just gesturing for them to go further when many somethings that were cold wrapped around her legs and started to yank her down and pull themselves up at once. She barely managed to give Elin a panicked glance, unsure of what was happening to either of them. She tried to twist and break free, her wand arm caught and in her struggles she caught a glimpse of horns. The thought came in an instant, Grindylows.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Sun May 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Elin saw Celania shake her head in confusion. "Put it on" mouthed Celania, so she did. Suddenly, she felt things pulling her downwards. It felt like... hands? She started to struggle, managing to see that Celania was also being pulled. When she looked down, she was just able to glimpse a horned head. Thinking quickly about what she had read, she managed to recognise them as Grindylows. "Think, come on, what do I do..." The thought occurring to her, she pointed her wand in the general direction of the hands and said "Relashio! Relashio!" over and over again, until she was free. She sent a few spells in Celania's direction and making sure she was free too, grabbed her hand and started swimming away as fast as she could.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Sun May 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Celania was banging on one that had her wand arm when the Grindylows fell away with outraged cries. She didn't have much time to process anything as she felt her hand grabbed and pulled upward. When she had gathered her wits about her she gripped her wand tightly and uttered ascendio. They shot to the surface and were expelled onto the shore. The bubble head charm ended and Celania was left gasping beside Elin. She had landed belly down and now she groaned as she turned over. "Bloody creatures of the lake." She heaved another sigh that turned into a snort and then a torrent of giggles. She held her stomach and gasped for breath to try and stop laughing enough to speak.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Mon May 27, 2013 4:41 am

Swimming away from the Grindylows, the only thought in Elin's mind was about getting away safely. So, she was a little surprised when they were suddenly propelled to the surface by a hidden force. At first she thought it might be another creature, but then as they landed on the shore, she realized that it was probably one of Celania's spells. Struggling to sit up, she blinked at the sudden brilliance of the sun. "Bloody creatures of the lake," she heard Celania say. She managed to answer "Well, at least we got to do something new," before collapsing into giggles alongside Celania. The locket clunked against her chest and she started a little. She had almost forgotten it was there. Wringing out her hair, she held the locket out to Celania and said "So now that escapade is over, time to figure this out. It was floating down, right? So do you think it might have been thrown from above?"
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 am

Celania made a sound of agreement. "That seems most likely. I dont know who would want to get rid of it. Or better yet, why." She shook her head, her wet hair whipping her in the face. She pushed it back and leaned back on her hands. She sat in silence with her face to the sky. It didn't make any sense to her. There was something she was missing. As the sun helped to dry her, the scratches she had gained began to sting. She cursed the horned little water demons again. She stopped abruptly, "I have another theory." She wasn't sure how much sense it might make, because as far as she knew either theory was a possibility.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 am

"I can't think of a reason either. What's your theory? I can't seem to think right now. Maybe its the water," Elin said, drying off both their clothes with a spell.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Katrina Lestrange on Mon May 27, 2013 11:29 am

She murmured a thanks and switched positions. "What if it was already there? I mean we grabbed it and the Grindylows attacked. Sorry about that by the way," she grimaced. "I don't think we really got a chance to look around us with everything that happened but what if we had stumbled into or near a mercolony?" Celania sighed, "Well that doesn't help much because its definitely a human trinket. And if one of the Mer had misplaced it, they still had to have gotten it from the surface." She groaned and threw herself back, spread eagle.

_________________

Rabs and Katrina:


avatar
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

House : Slytherin
Posts : 287

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Age: 32
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Elin Whiteraven on Mon May 27, 2013 11:55 am

"Its fine, I suppose we should have expected to be attacked if we went so deep." Elin said, sighing. "That could be true too... Do you think they might come to take it back?" she said, slightly scared. Shifting her weight, she winced in pain as her left hand touched the ground. To her surprise, she saw a large bruise on the palm of her hand. Must have got it when we landed... she thought.
avatar
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor
Posts : 66

Character sheet
Jobs:
Age: 12
Blood Status: Halfblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Around (open)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum