Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Are We Even Family? (Invite)

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are We Even Family? (Invite) Empty Are We Even Family? (Invite)

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:54 am

Alexis took the glass from the bar, taking a mouthful of the golden liquid. She hadn't planned on coming here at all, in fact she would have preferred to go back to the camp and pretend that everything was just fine. But instead, she was sitting at a bar with a conflicted mind. Finishing the rest of the drink in one, the brunette turned to the man behind the bar and said quietly but firmly, "I want to speak to Alaska." Surely he'd know who she was, since she was now married to one of the Gamps. Otherwise she'd just have to go and find the young woman herself.
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer - Spell Damage
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Are We Even Family? (Invite) Empty Re: Are We Even Family? (Invite)

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:00 am

Alaska was busy, or so she called it, trying to cook. She was not entirely sure where did that idea come from. She knew how to cook, but she swore to Xanthos she never will. It was kind of her idea of anarchy. But then again, ever since curse fell, her whole anarchy plan was working less and less. Most likely because she no longer stick to it as much. She was just in the middle of dancing and singing around, when one of the bartenders knocked on the door, telling her she was needed. With narrowed eyebrow she followed him to the Tavern, curious who would want to bother her. She had holiday, if some idiot was asking for school, she will throw them out of the window.

That idea left her as she saw her aunt sitting and waiting. "Alexis?" she asked, slightly concerned about the state her guest seemed to be in.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet
Jobs: Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:05 am

Alexis took another glass as the man walked away, turning in her seat so that her back was against the bar and her eyes could scan the pub. Apparently it was the best in Knockturn and she could see why. It was both shady and welcoming which she thought was a rather odd mix. She was quickly growing impatient, hoping that the man had actually gone to get her niece rather than just saying he would to appease her. When the man finally returned, she turned to face the door as Alaska walked through it. She couldn't help but smile as she took in the younger woman, glad to see that she at least seemed healthy. "Hello Alaska," she said, her tone neither bright nor bitter, "it's been awhile, hasn't it?"
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:08 am

Alaska smiled back, but concern did not leave her eyes. "Quite a while, yes," she replied, pulling Alexis into a hug. "What brings you here? What happened?" Alaska asked imidiately. It was a risk for Alexis to just come here. If somene recognized her, she would get in trouble.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:13 am

Alexis was surprised by the hug, but after a moment she returned it tightly. Comfort was nice, she thought, as she forced herself to release Alaska. "The only other member of our family who stills talks to me is stuck at that school," she said softly, "I didn't even know if you would. Still talk to me, I mean." People knew that Alexis had been with the Order, and she knew that Alaska was married to a Death Eater. The chances of her illegitimate niece actually seeing her had been slim, but she seemed to genuinely care and so she smiled and said, "nothing happened. I was just getting a bit skittish being stuck in the woods, I suppose."
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:18 am

Alaska did not believe her a word. "Let's go upstairs, people here tend to gossip," she whispered and grabbed her aunt's hand, dragging her upstairs into the modern appartment, that did not look like the usual ones in the wozarding World, since it was also full of muggle technology. "Much better! Besides, I cooked!" she said and pointed at the chicken. "So, what is really going on. Do you guys need something? I told Astoria to just ask, if there is anything I can do," Alaska started questioning again.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:27 am

Alexis could tell that her niece didn't believe her, but she didn't say anything further. The place was too crowded. Following along as Alaska lead her upstairs and into an apartment. It was nice, not anything like her family home and only a little like the house she owned in Merlin's Court. Alexis had a soft spot for muggle television, so that was the same, but she cooked like any other witch would. She smiled as she took in Alaska's cooking, thinking that it probably smelled so wonderful to her because she had not eaten in at least two days. "No. The camp is fine," she replied, the surprise that Astoria had spoken to Alaska evident on her face, "I was helping someone in an empty town not too far away and got attacked. That's all. I'm fine. I just thought I could take the chance to visit with you."
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:31 am

Alaska narrowed eyebrow at her. "You got attacked and just so it happens you were close, so the first thing you do is to come here?" she asked, not exactly understanding the logic. Alexis could have ended up attacked again down there if behind the bar was someone of at least normal intelligence. Because everybody knew who are guests of the Tavern loyal to. "Who attacked you? What did they do to you?" she asked, concerned and angry. She might not have been the best faily member, but she still cared.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:37 am

Alexis frowned slightly, seeing the flaw in her logic and said, "well no.. I wasn't really close. I just wanted to see you. Besides, everybody here seemed more interested in keeping their own heads down." She saw the concern and anger on Alaska's face, and she knew that she would look much the same if it had been the other way around. But she offered a smile and shrugged, "I don't know exactly who it was. And I'm a healer, Alaska. There wasn't much that they could do that I couldn't take care of." At least she hoped as much, but she tried to keep her own concern from her face. "It's war," she said after a few moments, "bad things happen during war."
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:40 am

Älaska shaked her head. "Our people shouldn't be attacking you. Voldemort's possibly. But not our people," she muttered angrily. Of course in actual life, this didn't apply. People weren't dead, but that's all Alaska could hope for. She hated war. She prefered to stay in her pretty kitchen, away from it all.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:45 am

Alexis didn't understand Alaska's words for a moment, wondering what she was talking about. The she realised what the younger woman as saying and her eyes widened. "You're with the Gaunts?" she asked quietly, despite the fact they were alone in the room, "I don't think it was one of your people, then." There was no real reason for her to think that, but she had a feeling. "Where is the rest of your new family?" she asked, pointedly looking around with a small smile.
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:49 am

"Of course. We despise the noseless freak. He is the reason Xanthos' parents are dead. He took the mark from Lady Marvolo," Alaska explained. "She promised them revenge," she added in explanation. "Which is now even more valid then ever. We are slowly losing Michael and everyone is very angry. Dahlia is probably by him right now. Rider might be out with Xanthos. I am not really sure. I hate war, so I just don't ask," she smiled weakly, taking wine out of the fridge and pouring herself and Alexis a glass.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:56 am

Alexis chewed on her lower lip in thought, before sighing. "Is she good to you?" she asked quietly, wondering of Marvolo was any better than her twisted uncle. She just wanted for Alaska to be safe, as that was all that any of them could really hope for these days. "Losing Michael?" she asked, turning to face her niece fully, "what's wrong with him? I could take a look at him, if you want?" She didn't know who Michael was, bit it was obviously distressing Alaska and her family. Alexis said a quiet thank you when she took the offered glass, and started sipped from it slowly. "I hate war, too. But it's necessary now."
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:01 am

"I never really met her. I mean, couple of times, when the twins visited, I got a glimpse, but that's about it. They like this place, this family. Since the family on its own is Czech, but base is here, it's probably really convinient for them. But I distance myself out of this. I am not a soldier. So I just pretend it's not happening. Arrogant, I know," she said. At the mention of Michael, she smiled. "I will offer it, but I can't make this decision on my own. It's their oldest brother, heir to the family. As much as I am part of the family now, this is not my decision to make," she explained, taking a sip from her glass.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:09 am

"I don't know what to think about them," Alexis admitted, glancing down at her hands, "they've offered us this protection. I know it's for their own gain as well, I won't fool myself otherwise, but.. they obviously want their uncle gone enough if they are willing to go against him when they could have a decent life if they didn't." The brunette wasn't surprised that Alaska didn't want to be involved in the war. She smirked lightly and said, "I guess I'm the same. Even in the battle, I never threw one curse." Maybe it was because she was a healer, but maybe it was because she just didn't want to be in the thick of the fight. "I understand," the woman said, smiling in return as she took a tentative seat on one of the chairs, "I couldn't promise anything, of course, but I could try." For you.
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:14 am

"My opinion? They have it all now, but they want more. And they probably see things a little differently. But you have to hate someone big time, if you are patient enoug to live on for decades and pretend. I don't know what that says about person, but I don't think its anything good," Alaska said. "They do what they need to do to get what they want. I am not sure what the World will be like when and if they do," she added before smiling at Alexis once again. "You would really try and save a death eater?" she asked, slightly surprised. "He is my family, but he is not exactly the nicest guy you know? But neither is Xanthos..."
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:19 am

"Well," Alexis said, "then their greed is saving us all. I can't say I hate them when they're putting so much on the line. She was my friend once, you know? Marvolo. Things have changed so much since then, though." The woman snorted quietly and shrugged, "whatever it is, it's got to be better than this." Raising her gaze back to Alaska's face, she returned the smile and nodded. "He's your family," she answered easily, "and you're mine. Besides, I did take a vow you know? To protect and heal and all of that nonsense."
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:25 am

"Why don't you try and talk to her? I mean, to me, they both are just kind of surreal. But you actually went to school with them. You know them. Maybe she remembers being your friend," Alaska suggested. "And eat," she pointed at the chicken with a smile. "I'll ask. If nothing, I believe you get money and food and stuff to get by for months if you help Michael. They know how to be grateful," she said, writting a small parchment and sending an owl with it within seconds. "Let's see what they say," she gave Alexis a wink.
Alaska Gamp
Alaska Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 am

"Maybe.." Alexis whispered, fingering the sleeve of her shirt as she considered what Alaska has said. Perhaps talking to the woman who had once been her friend would give her some kind of insight. At the very least, she may be able to understand a little better about what was going on. Looking down at the food that really did look amazing, Alexis grinned and said, "thanks," as she picked up a fork and slowly ate despite the want to eat it as fast as she could. Raising an eyebrow, Alexis considered saying that she didn't care much for money, but she didn't bother. It wasn't something to think about until she knew if she could help him anyway. She smiled as she savoured the taste of the chicken, watching as Alaska's owl took off out of the window. "Did you mention my name?" she asked thoughtfully, "they might not be so keen on the idea if they know it's someone from the Order camp."
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexa Valeska Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:45 am

Alaska smiled. "I told them you are my aunt. Nothing else. I am a family. Maybe crappy one, but I would not betray them. And I trust you," she said, watching Alexis eat. "You don't have to pretend you are not hungry you know?" She said.
Lexa Valeska
Lexa Valeska
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Spy
Blood Status: Muggleborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:57 am

Alexis' family had never been particularly close with one another. Even trust was a shakey subject. And this girl who had been left out like an outcast had said she trusted her. For their family that was almost as good as saying they loved each other. Alexis grinned, and said, "I obviously trust you, too. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. But like I say, I can't make any promises. Especially if it's been a while.. that's never a good sign." She didn't want to upset her niece, but she had to be honest. Pausing a moment at Alaska's words about the food, she smirked and started to eat a littler faster, still enjoying it but not putting her fork down between every bite. "This is amazing, by the way," she said, smiling brightly across the table.
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexa Valeska Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:04 am

"Thanks," Alaska blushed slightly. "Just one advice. As much as I am glad Michael has someone else willing to take care of him, be careful. Gamps have certain... talents. I am proof of that," Alaska said. She knew her new family way too good to pretend.
Lexa Valeska
Lexa Valeska
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:07 am

Alexis thought that not much could be worse than what she'd dealt with in the few days prior. But she was curious and as she finished the food, feeling much better than she had in days, she said, "what do you mean by talents? I'm not sure I understand."
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexa Valeska Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:35 am

"Of course you don't," Alaska smiled. "Let's just say they know how to persuade people, get them where they want them to be. Simply put, don't play with the fire," she said only, remembering how her deal with Xanthos backfired on her, all those years ago.
Lexa Valeska
Lexa Valeska
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:42 am

Alexis raised an eyebrow slightly, but figured that if anybody knew what they were talking about it would be Alaska. "I'll keep that in mind," the woman said, gently stacking the dishes that she had made while eating. "Hopefully we'll hear back from them soon," she said, "how long has be been unconscious for?" The length of time it had been would make a difference to how he could be helped and she hoped that it wasn't too late. Losing family was never easy, and Alaska had gone without one too long to lose someone now.
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next