The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
About The Page
RPG-D
Distant Fantasies

Top RP Sites

Important links!

- Canon Characters

- Death Report

- Change your name

Informational links:

- Site Plot

- About Schools

Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Practicing and yelling.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Practicing and yelling.

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Sun May 19, 2013 5:04 am

Jocelyn was on her way to the office of professor Prince, this was going to be the first time that she was going to have a real duel. She only dueled in the defence against the dark arts class because she had too but she knew it was going to be more hard to try and not be afraid in the dada during the duels she needed to do against other students. Jocelyn had still one arm in bandages because it was still hurting her.

Jocelyn had changed herself in some easy fitting clothes so she could move better, she was now in front of the door of the office and with her wand in her hand and her bookbag over her shoulders. Jocelyn sighed.

'Is she ready to do this? Could she really learn to duel with someone this big and more experienced than her?'

Jocelyn knocked on the door, waiting for the professor to reply.
Jocelyn Immorta

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: stay at home mom
Blood Status: Pureblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Practicing and yelling.

Post by Elija Prince on Sun May 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Elija was sitting behind his desk, his eyes gazing at the ceiling as he was deep in thought. Today, he was giving his first tutor session for his Slytherin student and although he was a very good duelist, he had a hard time making up his mind on how best to train her.
Looking at the clock, he realized that his student should be arriving soon and only a few seconds later, a knock sounded from the door.

With a wave of his hand, the door opened and revealed the young Slytherin witch. 'Good evening, Miss Grimm, please come in." he welcomed her and flicked his wand. All things standing in the room moved to the walls, so they had more space and Elija walked in the middle of his office his wand out.
Elija Prince

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Sun May 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Suddenly the door got opened and Jocelyn walked in, she stopped also in the middle of the room. She looked at the professor.

"Is it okay if we practice some speld where i don't have to use two hands, i got in an accident and i broke my arm on several places." Jocelyn looked at the ground, she couldn't look the professor in the eye because he would certainly know that she was lying.

"What do you want to learn me first?"she asked him.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Sun May 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Elija observed his student and was pleased to see that she got right to to point, still he looked closely at her arm and wondered how she had managed to injure herself. Somehow that girl seemed to attract trouble and he sighed before addressing her. "We will start off quite easy today, Miss Grimm, so casting with your one hand shouldn't be a problem. First off, I need to find out where your strenghts and weaknesses lie." he told her.
"What would you say? Are you best at offensive spells or defensive spells? In a duel, would you rely more on your strenght to attack or to protect yourself? These are things you have to find out in these lessons because they will determine your strategy."
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Mon May 20, 2013 5:24 am

Jocelyn looked at him, listened to his words and nodded. She was not fast enough with casting a spell to attack or to protect herself but she was better in protecting herself.

"Fire is one of biggest weaknesses and I'm not fast to cast a protection spell and a spell to attack, when someone approach me I kind of freeze and do nothing." She explained to him sadly.

"I was a great dueler who could handle the basics but the grief was bigger and I kind of dropped everything." Jocelyn looked at the professor while she played with her wand in her hand.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Elija nodded to himself as he heard her words and said slowly "Mhm... I see. Well, we will work on this. Especially quick reflexes are very important while duelling, but you will learn that. Regarding your fear of fire..." he looked at her thoughtfully. "Well we will have to see if we can change that as well."

He stepped forward and pulled out his wand. "For today, I would like you to demonstrate some spells, so I can determine how strong you are and which spells you already know." Elija waved his wand and a dummy appeared beside him. He walked to the side and leaned against the wall to observe his student. "The dummy will not move or defend himself, so it's an easy target and nothing to fear for you. This way you will not "freeze" as you put it. As you get better, I will charm it to move and reflect your spells."

"Aleight, get ready and cast a simple disarming charm." he told her.
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Mon May 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Jocelyn nodded and looked how the dummy appeared. She had to cast a simple disarming charm. Jocelyn had her wand in her hand and raised it. She flicked her wand and said. "Expelliarmus..."

Jocelyn looked at professor Prince.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Elija watched his student cast her spell, unfortunately the dummy only stumbled a bit, but didn't lose his wand. "You need to cast with more force, Miss Grimm. I want you to concentrate on your goal. Disarm the dummy!" he told her. "With every spell you cast, you always have to WANT to succeed, otherwise it will not work."
He waved his hand to the dummy. "Try again, take a duelling stance, concentrate and then put your power behind it."
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Mon May 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Jocelyn listened to the professor and she made herself ready to cast the spell again. Her wand raised and she looked at the dummy once again.

Jocelyn flicked her wand. " Expelliarmus.." The wand flew out of the dummy's hand and fell on the floor, the dummy tumbled backwards a bit more than before. Jocelyn looked at the professor.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Mon May 20, 2013 4:22 pm

A small satisfied smile slipped onto Elija's face and he nodded at his student. "Much better. You see that it's very important to concentrate." he told her.
"Now try a locomotor mortis spell." he instructed, "And then I want you to pick a few spells which you could use in a duel and cast them as well."
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Mon May 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Jocelyn nodded and made herself ready to cast another curse at the dummy.

"Locomotor mortis!" She said loudly and she saw how a rope were surrounding the lower parts of the dummy but after that nothing happened. Jocelyn looked at the dummy and got caught up in the duel.

"Impedimenta!" She yelled and the dummy fell back, Jocelyn walked up to it and raised her wand again yelling. "Avis, Oppugno." A flock of birds were now exploding against the body of the dummy and still Jocelyn had pointed her wand at the dummy in front of her.

"Expulso" The dummy explode in front of Jocelyn and she stepped back, looked at the dummy in shock, not being able to move. She knows she is in big trouble because she knows this spell but not from her first year books. Jocelyn kept staring at the now exploded dummy in front of her.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top