Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Our Twisted Family Tree (Morana)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our Twisted Family Tree (Morana)  Empty Our Twisted Family Tree (Morana)

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:35 am

Marvolo finished pouring a glass of wine, barely noticing the servants as they quietly went about cleaning the kitchen before heading to there quarters. So much had changed in fifty years, and something she never expected to see was servants in Grindewald castle. A woman took the bottle of wine from her with a bow and slipped away to put it in the wine cellar's cooler. Sighing she turned and walked up the stairs towards her room, passing her sister's bedroom she heard a laugh and she couldn't help but smile. Remus made her sister happier then she ever thought someone could it seemed, every time he returned from a work related trip she heard the same laugh coming from there bedroom.

She took the stairs to the tower and to her bedroom, preferring isolation to anything. She loved her family and she relished being surrounded by them, but in her mind just yesterday her husband was killed and her children missing, most likely dead. Sometimes she needed the silence that came with her bedroom so she could forget how jealous she was of her twin for having everything-despite how happy she was for her.

Rubbing her eyes she pulled down the covers and climbed into bed working on relaxing with a book in her hands. The last few nights she had barely slept, again and again she had the same recurring dream and she didn't understand what it meant or what it was about. Every time she woke up near dawn unable to fall back to sleep. Looking at the clock she noted that it was midnight before opening her book.

She ran down the dew slick hills towards the tower, the black stones a stark contrast against the sky. As she stumbled towards the door she felt the famillar ripple of magic across her skin that came with stepping on a ground covered in wards. She got closer and the bird now rested by the door as if to beckon her further. Reaching out a hand she laid it on the cold metal of the door handle and the tower shattered, shards of stone falling liek rain as she turned to run from the destruction. As she ran the ground shattered beneath her steps and she fell.

Marvolo awoke with a strangled yell sitting up in bed, the lights were out but her book was still in her hand. She hadn't remembered going to sleep, once again it was four in the morning and her heart was pounding in her chest. Dropping her head into her hands she ran her fingers through her hair with frustration, it always felt like she was so close to finding out what it all meant before the entire dream fell apart at her feet.

Getting up wrapped herself in her dressing gown and headed down to the kitchen where she made coffee and started cooking breakfast.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Unspeakable
Blood Status: Pureblood

https://tiesthatbind.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Our Twisted Family Tree (Morana)  Empty Re: Our Twisted Family Tree (Morana)

Post by Morana Gaunt Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:55 am

Morana got used to having nightmares. In fact, she could hardly remember last time she did not have one. As a child, people who hurt and tortured her haunted her dreams. Later they were followed by her lost sister, her first victims, friends she drove away, lost family. She chose a lonely path and there were many things it brought. But nightmares were not something she complained about. So when this particular nightmare came one night, it was nothing out of ordinary for her. Except this one was particulary persistent. Enough to disturb even Morana. 

It was ordinary summer day in Grindelwald castle. Remus was home and she never wanted to miss single evening they could be together by doing something else, than pay attention to her soon-to-be husband. Remus was special. He could make Morana smile. Laugh even. He knew how to love her, yet stay her best friend. His presence was giving Morana little light, making her remember what its like to be human. But not even his arms could send the nightmare away.

It was around four, just before dawn, when Morana's eyes shot wide open again. It was same routine for past few weeks. She could hear silent footsteps of her sister. Marvolo was awake every single time. Morana usually did not leave the bed eventhough she could not go back to sleep. But this time, she just felt like joining Marvolo in whatever she was doing and so she slipped from his arms, putting her robe on, she went straight for source of her sister's presence, the kitchen. "Good morning, sister," she greeted her with smile before she reached for bottle filled with blood, pouring some into the glass. Cold blood was far from the fresh, warm one, but it served its purpose.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:02 am

As she made scrambled eggs trying to forget her dream she felt her sister join her. Pouring the eggs onto a plate she grabbed her coffee and sat down with her twin, a nonverbal spell causing a small fire to form in her palm she turned it to a tendril and it wrapped its way around morana's glass before dissapearing leaving the blood steaming as if fresh. "Your up early" she said
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:05 am

Morana shot her sister grateful look. If there was something she could not do, it was fire magic. She was terrified of fire to the point where even simple matches were her worst enemy. "I'm up around this time every day. I am just too lazy to leave the bed," she replied casualy before taking sip from her mug. Yes, this way it was much better.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:22 am

Marvolo rubbed her tired eyes, the sleepless nights were taking a toll on her. A sound made her look up to the kitchen window over her sister's shoulder, a steady 'tap tap.A raven sat on the windowsill indentical from her dream her eyes widened and her fork clattered to the counter noisily.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:29 am

Morana did not expect her sister's sudden moves. She jumped slightly before looking the same direction as Marvolo. "For once its not me," she pointed out dryly. "I know this one. He is from my current nightmares!" she exclaimed few seconds later in sudden realization.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:48 pm

Getting to her feet Marvolo walked over to the bird and held out her hand coaxing it inside. The bird jumped onto her oustretched hand and she brought it to her glass of water so it may drink. "Its the same from mine" she said looked at its scarred wing, transfixed as the raven drank.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:58 pm

Morana watched her sister and the raven cautiously. "Having same dream is kind of spooky even for the two of us," she pointed out matter-of-factly and got up to take a look at the creature. "SHe is very old. I can see it in her eyes," she said.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:43 pm

"What stories do you have to tell" she cooed to the bird who looked up at the two of them. It cawed and moved along the rim of the glass its talons clinking as it shuffled before cawing again. Suddenly Marvolo saw the dream again she saw the two of them following the raven. "I think we have to go" she murmured before nodding "go get dressed morana..we have to see what all these dreams mean and now." she apparated up to her room to change her clothing.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:41 am

Morana did not hurry. The raven was clearly waiting quite some time, it could wait another ten minutes. As she entered the bedroom she shared with her future husband, she glanced at still sleeping Remus before taking out one of her black dresses with hood and her mask. She hardly left house without her face covered. She probably did not have to, everyone knew who is beneath, but over the years, it just became part of her. 

Walking back down, she looked the raven in it's eyes again before turning towards the sound of her sister coming. "Ready?" she asked.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Marvolo dressed in black pants and a long cloak she felted around her waist with her combat boots. She sheathed a knife at her hip and left her hair curly and untame hanging around her shoulders. Her wand was on her hip and she allowed her self a single glance at the picture on her bedside of herself and Sirius on there wedding day. She smiled briefly at the picture before apparating to her sister's side "as ready to chase a nightmare as i ever will be. You know i'm used to being the nightmare not chasing one" she gave her twin a mischevious grin before opening the back door, the raven hopped out the window soaring to the fence bordering the property. The raven landed and looked at them pointedly, Marvolo walked up to the raven and looked into its blackened eyes. "Its a portkey" she said then held out her hand to Morana. She pulled her sister close for a moment letting her mind linger on the hillarious notion that she was protective of Morana and Morana was the one who was immortal. Reaching out she touched the bird and they were yanked into swirling oblivion.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:56 am

Morana smirked at her sister's remark. "I've been having nightmares ever since I could remember. But I never chased one either. Sounds almost exciting," she replied. Following her twin outside and afterwards towards unknown place, she landed on hard, cold ground. She looked around just to see that the place was dead, empty, not even single hint of life where they now stood. Only about three miles away, she could see deep dark forest, no doubt very hard to go through. On the opposite side, just in the middle of giant circle of death and nothing, stood in the darknes tower made of stone. Only now Morana noticed they were surrounded by skeletons. This place looked like abandoned, terryfing legend people dare not speak of. Yet Morana had a feeling she heard about this place somewhere. She looked at Marvolo, curious about her twin sister's thoughts.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Marvolo looked around turning on the spot taking in the horrifyingly beautiful place the raven had brought them. She walked towards the gate that kept intruders away from the tower her fingers grazing the cold metal, she used a spell to throw open the rusty old gates and stepped through unchallenged, the fields of skeletons got worse as they walked through the courtyard. "Look" she raised an arm pointing to the crest that was beautifully carved into the stones above the door. "Pendragon family seal" she explained "i read that they are one of the oldest in Britain."

The raven perched on the large iron door to the tower, his talons locked into the door handle. She looked to her sister then back to the bird who soared to Morana and landed on her shoulder. Marvolo raised a hand and barely touched the door when it swung open.

Walking through cautiously torches lit there way and they walked through an entrance hall to a large throne room. The torches blazed to life around a portraint that hung over the fireplace. Approaching the portrait Marvolo read the plaque under the portrait. "Morgana Le Fay" she read allowed "...It cant be...Morgana Pendragon?" as she said the woman's name a high cold laugh filled the room and a ghost appeared lounging on the the throne.
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Morana followed her sister silently, examining their surroundings. This place could send chill even into her quite old and long time dead bones. She wouldn't let anyone know that, of course. As her sister spoke of ancient sorceres, she turn for the ubfamiliar voice, just to face ghost of woman with looks so much like them, it was impossible to miss. But Morana did not speak yet. Somehow she felt as if every question of hers would sound stupid.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Marvolo turned to the voice and her eyes widened a bit. Then twisting her fist over her heart in a salute she gave a short bow. "Very good grand daughter" Morgana drawled smiling at them both "how pleased am I that you two have answered my summons...you" she pointed to Morana "i can already tell you remind me of myself.. come closer girls.."
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Morana was confused for split of a second. Taking cautious step closer to ghost of Morgana, her eyes searched surroundings just to make sure there was no trick involved. "Why did you summon us?" She asked finally.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 pm

The dead queen wrose from her throne and circled them taking them in. Marvolo's eyes followed her slowly as Morgana began to speak, "you children, are my blood. My girls. My granddaughters and the first heirs born to the pendragon line worthy of my legacy."
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:34 am

"Pendragon line?" Morana asked. Not that it was not clear, they were descendants of Morgana in every single way at least when physical appearance came to mind. It was just the idea of relation to Arthur Pendragon, that supposedly mighty king, that somehow seemed amusing to her.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:45 am

Morgana returned to her throne and sat down crossing her legs and sitting bolt up right with her hands curled on her knee. "My beautiful daughter, Morrigan married Corvinus Gaunt, your great great grandfather etcetera etcetera. " she explained. Marvolo raised an eyebrow "How is it we never knew of this?" "i was considered a criminal and my lineage erased. much like you two girls i made my own laws."
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:54 am

At the last remark, Morana had to smirk for herself. "You said we are first worthy of your legacy. What legacy?" she asked again, genuinely curious. Morgana was like a myth. There wasn't much information, but the little people knew was far from a saint.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 am

"look at yourselves darlings, you are..so much like me. You both resemble me in so many ways, you are both two halves of the same coin." She waved her hand and colour filled the room as Marvolo felt the famillar tug of being shown memories, like in a pensieve but this was so much more."Welcome to my tower" Morgana said with a soft purr "not many leave this place even the thieves and muggles who have come to my tower since my death have paid the price. The dungeons hold dark spells to drive your victims mad.."

The dark Queen got to her feet and motioned for the twins to follow, she led them to the dungeons where three people knelt sobbing. "Hello Anthony" she said to the man nearest her, he clung to her dress and sobbed apologies. She chuckled and with a incantation the three people went flying and hit a wall. She shut the door and suddenly screaming erupted "they hear things, see things, the pain is unbearable and those of my blood and those they trust are immune but-" she chuckled "the tower is a death trap to the enemies of the pendragon."
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:20 am

Morana silently followed her ancestor throught the corridors of the place. She couldn't help but smile wickedly at three victims they got to see. "This place is full of very old magic. Not even Travellers have many records of this," she stated, most likely the obvious. "We most likely don'T even know how to control this," she added afterwards, her fingers gently touching and tracing cracks in stone wall.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 am

"Of course not my dear Morana" she cooed "why would i tell my secrets to just anyone? travellers in my time could not be trusted. With you at the throne perhaps they will do better." Morgana turned to them "hold out your hands" as the twins did as asked she clasped identical cuffs to them each. "With these you will be able to control the torture room with your minds, we dont have the time i wish we could have if i was alive" she explained "but the tower, can teach you many things. there are old tomes i studied to become who i am in the library and spells hidden to be learned. sometimes you may find you didnt know something existed because it will just appear. that is the magic of the tower."
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morana Gaunt Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:31 am

Morana smirked at Morgana's remark about Travellers. "It's our charm. We cannot be trusted. But in your age, so couldn't you. It's the goal we seek, that binds us. You trust me with your heritage, I trust you back. That's the only way," Morana spoke, looking at new piece of her jewelry.
Morana Gaunt
Morana Gaunt

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvolo Gaunt Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:38 am

Morgana returned her grand daughter's smirk "you will do well here, use it, learn from it but be wary of this tower. it will take as much as it gives." Morgana chuckled softly then with a small bow dissapeared.

Marvolo ran her fingertips over the new cuff "well...we have a new toy"
Marvolo Gaunt
Marvolo Gaunt
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next