Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Comforting fur (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Comforting fur (Open) Empty Comforting fur (Open)

Post by Artemis Black Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Artemis decided that being trapped inside of her dorm was no good and that she had to face the forest. Slipping out, going un-noticed, she sprinted towards the forest only to halt out the edge with a whimper escaping her lips. ''NO! I'm not weak...I..will not feel fear..'' She growled to herself and stepped into the forest, finding the usual spot where she hid her clothes. Stripping down with ease, she began to ran again barely making a sound and black fur covered her body as she shifted into her large wolf form. 

Her golden eyes closed, feeling the gentle breeze against her fur, sounds filling her ears and allowed herself to sink into the comforting feeling. Run! Artemis cried happily, sprinting through the forest after making sure her clothes were well hidden. She found herself at a small stream and buried her muzzle into the water, snatching a fish and turned quickly, feeling someone close by and prepared to attack.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Assassin/Psychologist
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Comforting fur (Open) Empty Re: Comforting fur (Open)

Post by Violet Snape Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:38 pm

Violet needed some time away from the castle after everything that had happened in the past few weeks to her brother and his friends and so she found herself strolling along the forbidden forest, always making sure to stay just outside of the woods though she actually would just love to have a look inside. She had been in there with Tatsu a few times already, but never on her own. With a sigh, she leaned against a tall tree and closed her eyes, trying to chase away the picture of her brother’s injured form that had been forever burnt into her mind.

Her eyes snapping open again, Violet started to run, into the forest and as far as her legs could carry her, enjoying the wind on her face, the cool breeze clearing her mind somewhat. After a while she slowed down and put her hands on her knees to gasp in deep breaths of cool air. Her heart was beating hard against her ribcage, but the adrenalin of the run had given her more power than she had for a long time and she smiled to herself. From afar, she could hear the sound of rushing water and the thought of a fresh drink made her start in this direction. Suddenly, the sight of a large wolf stopped her feet and her heart and for a few moments she could only stare at the beautiful animal, not daring to breath.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:46 pm

The golden eyes of Artemis landed on the figure before her and stood up tall, sniffing the air towards Violet to take in the familiarity. Mio...Violet...She thought to herself and took a step forward, sniffing at her more and tasted the adrenaline in the air. Then taking a step back, Artemis looked towards the river and back at the young Slytherin who she vowed to protect the moment she met her. She then laid down, resting her head on her paws and whimpered gently, using her paw to splash at the water only to look back at Violet. A clear sign that she meant no harm.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Frozen in a mixture of fear and fascination, Violet could not avert her eyes from the creature standing in front of her. It seemed to be seizing her up, almost as if it was human, and took a step towards her. Every sane part of her mind told her to pull out her wand and at least try to defend herself, but something prevented the Slytherin from doing so. To her it felt like eternity had passed till the wolf moved back to the water and lied down, taking on a completely harmless posture and Violet bit her lip in indecision. At last, she slowly moved forward and kneeled down next to it, her eyes never leaving the wolf’s form. “You won’ hurt me, will you?” she asked, though somehow it came out more as an observation then a question.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:05 pm

Artemis was thankful Violet didn't take out her wand as she stared at the place it would be before looking back at her face. She could smell fear quite strongly, biting back her hunter instincts and allowed the girl to kneel next to her. A big step. A trusting step. Her mighty head shifted from side to side, shaking it in a firm no and pressed it in-between her paws. She even leaned to side, her warm flank against Violet's leg and faced the other direction, covering a whimper. The images of the dungeons where she was held flashed into her mind, wondering if Violet had seen Mio when he returned and if that is why she ran or she just needed space. Either way, she'd stay in her spot.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Watching the wolf shake its large head in answer to her question brought a soft smile on the Slytherin’s lips. It was simply breath-taking to be able to be so close to a wild animal, especially one known to be rather shy and reserved towards humans and she felt honored to be allowed to sit near. This was no ordinary wolf and that much was obvious by its ability to understand human speech, but for the moment Violet decided not to linger on that point. In the back of her head, she knew it easily could be one of those dark wizards that had hurt her brother and friends, but everything inside her rebelled at that thought. When the wolf rested lightly against her thigh, she reached out carefully, as not to startle it, to gently run her hand through the thick fur. It was warm and soft to the touch and very comforting in its repetitive motion, so she continued, letting it calm her unsettled mind.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Artemis was arguing with herself. She should be acting like a normal wolf but seeing Violet in such a state, filled with adrenaline brought the feeling to protect back from the shadows. Realizing that in this forest there was no ordinary creature really and so this was fine, this was going to be okay and if she decided to shift back at some stage, it'd be all okay. Startled slightly by the touch at first, Artemis then leaned into it. The first experience touching a wolf is always a breath taking one as she always expects the fur to be coarse and rough but instead it's the softest thing Artemis has ever touched. She almost purred at the touch, the feeling of affection settling her and she allowed her mighty head to lean up and completely face Violet's, watching her expression.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:33 pm

It was easy to simply get lost in the motion of running her hand through the wolf’s fur and Violet again was faced with the memory of herself and her twin sister crying together over the disappearance of their older brother, the endless hours of asking if someone had seen him or his friends, the painful days of waiting for a word of him and then finally the moment they visited him in the hospital wing. His injuries had been quite extensive, but he had survived. All of them had survived because Harry and some of his friends had managed to save them and for that, Violet would always be grateful.

Feeling the wolf stir below her hand brought her out of her mind and she smiled at the animal. It warmed her heart to see it so relaxed next to her and she was thankful for the silent comfort its presence offered, better than any conversation with a well-meaning friend might be. “I never was good at talking about my problems anyway …” she remarked with a little smirk, the whisper of her words barely audible.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Artemis watched her, reading every little detail and whimpered some more, trying to draw her away from the thoughts. She knew it must've been tough for the Snape Sisters as it had been tough on Celeste for Artemis disappearing. Looking at the smile, she tried to smile herself but the corners of her lips only curved up a tiny bit and scolded herself. That's when Violet's words hit her and she looked up again sharply, tilting her head and sat up, keeping the girls hand on her mane and licked at the girls cheek close to the ear in the exact same place, Artemis kissed her boys cheeks.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:00 pm

The sudden movement of the large wolf sitting up, startled her a little, but Violet kept kneeling and tried to calm her heart which for a moment had started beating faster again. Yet, the animal did not seem inclined to attack, on the contrary, it licked her cheek and once again, Violet was surprised by the gentleness such a large creature could display. The tongue that touched her skin was warm and very soft, almost like velvet, much unlike the rough tongue of the little kitten that she often saw in her garden at home, and Violet had to smile as it tickled her. “You’re trying to cheer me up, are you?” she asked, chuckling softly. She had read a lot about the instincts animals possessed and the wolf’s actions surprised her less than they probably should. “I’m not upset, you know? Just… “ she broke off and shook her head at the ludicrous idea of talking to an animal, but then again, getting it out might help, so she went on. “Someone I loved got badly hurt and the thought of that happening again scares me because I don’t know how I could help.” Violet spoke in a soft voice and her hand started to subconsciously pat the wolf’s fur again.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:44 am

Artemis tilted her head, in tune with the fast flow of her blood due to her heart freaking out and watched her carefully, making sure that she made no fast movements again. She could smell the surprise and chuckled wolfishly at the same time the young slytherin had. Moving her head upwards and then down again into a sharp nod before listening. Artemis was glad that Violet had someone to talk to, even if she were in wolf form. Leaning closer, Artemis rested her mighty forehead against Violet's shoulder which revealed her other side that had three long scars, the same place Artemis had hers. Nudging the sweet girls shoulder in a comforting fashion, she let out a soft whimper and whine.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Looking down at the wolf, Violet followed each of its graceful movements with her eyes and smiled when the animal moved its head as if it was nodding in answer to her words. It was most fascinating to be able to converse with an animal, even though she had already realized that this was no normal wolf and for some reason, Violet felt quite safe with the large canine. "That's very kind of you." she whispered and then frowned, as she traced her fingers gently over the long scars. "You must have been badly hurt as well." Violet bit her lip, tears stinging in her eyes, already feeling hatred for whomever would hurt such a beautiful creature and she shook her head at the injustice of it all. "I'm so sorry. I hope whoever did this will get the punishment they deserve." she put her arms around the wolf and pressed her face into the thick fur, if to comfort herself or the animal, she was not quite sure.

Last edited by Violet Snape on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:46 pm

Artemis howled gently at the whisper and used her nose to poke at the corner of Violet's eyes, smelling the salt like tears. It confused her, making her tilt her head and let out a gentle whine before hearing the rest. It made her let out a bark like laugh but it was shortened by feeling herself get hugged. Due to her being startled, her grip on her wolf skin disappeared and she barely even noticed until the cold air danced across her skin. ''oh...crap..'' She muttered, backing away gently, eyes wide with fear and she moved to hide behind a tree.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Violet had to laugh softly when the wolf’s muzzle got close to her eyes, tickling her skin with its wet, but warm nose. Animals had always offered comfort to her when she had been unable to talk about her problems with anyone else; their silent presence holding more peacefulness than she could find anywhere else and it were just actions like that which could make her smile even through her tears. Suddenly, the wolf seemed to blur in front of her eyes and Violet sat back on her heels in surprise at what was happening to her furry friend. For a few silent moments, she just sat there unmoving, staring back at a familiar Slytherin before the older girl backed away. That finally snapped Violet out of her shock. “Artemis?” she softly called out after her brother’s friend. The scared expression in the other girl’s eyes had not gone unnoticed and worry that overshadowed even her surprise slipped into her voice. “Artemis, are you alright? Don’t run away, please!” Violet got up, but did not dare to run after her.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Artemis whined softly, using accio to get her clothes. Outstretching her hands, she caught the bag in her hand and quickly changed into her clothes. She was an idiot...She changed in front of her best friend's sister because she got startled. Weak! Weak! Weak! She thought to herself and slowly walked around the corner to face Violet with a worried expression dancing along her face. There were loads of scars on Artemis before but there was now one along the side of face, from her temple to the edge of her jaw and many along her body. ''V-Violet..'' Artemis stammered out, her voice rougher than it usually was thanks to being a wolf recently.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Violet was worrying her lip with her teeth, nervously waiting for the other girl to get dressed while her thoughts went back to what had just happened. She had read about animagi of course, but had never seen anyone change into an animal, or back and it was one of the most fascinating things she had ever witnessed. She wondered how it would feel to have your body bent and twist into a different shape, but she quickly shook her head to clear these thoughts away. There might be time to ask later, but for now, she was more worried about her house mate. The scars that she had noticed on the wolf were still present on the girl and Violet realized that it must be from what had happened to her brother and his friends. Once more, she felt anger and frustration rise in her and she slowly took a step towards the older girl. “Are you alright?” she asked, wanting to help somehow.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Artemis took in Violet's expression, noting that she was not fearful but..worried. This softened her own and she took more steps closer to her friend. She tilted her head just like in wolf form and a tiny smile touched her lips. ''You're not...scared of me..Oh thank the gods..'' She whimpered, bending over with her hands on her knees to allow herself to catch breaths of relief. Standing up tall again, she decided not to hold back her emotions and she sighed, facing the floor. ''I didn't want to shift, Violet...I didn't mean to...I'm losing control just because i'm..beating myself up.'' She whispered, loud enough for the young girl to hear. ''I tried to protect Mio...whenever they went to torture us, I stepped in but they still got hurt...everyone got hurt.'' ARtemis whimpered brokenly, tracing the scar on her face. ''Forgive me...I tried, Violet...''
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Violet watched the older girl come closer and answered her smile with one of her own, trying to reassure her friend that all would be well. She listened quietly to her and the pain in her chest strengthened at hearing how badly Artemis was blaming herself, so she stepped forward and stood right in front of her. “I never would be scared of you, Arty. You’re like a sister to my brother and that makes you a sister to me as well.” Violet spoke in a soft, but intend voice and reached out to embrace the other girl. “There is nothing to forgive. I know that you have done everything you could and the others know that too.” She whispered, trying to hold back her tears at all the pain that had been caused by a small group of evil people. “My brother blames himself as well, he always wants to protect everyone and I’m sure Ian and David also wanted to protect you. I’m so sorry that this happened to you and that we couldn’t help, but you were so brave and you made it out alive. All of you.” Violet gently kissed her friend’s cheek and tried to smile a little. “Please don’t blame yourself anymore, you’re the strongest girl I know and I was so glad when you were back.” She admitted honestly.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Artemis had to stop herself from shaking and flinched slightly at the sudden embrace but held onto her for dear life. ''I'm a Protector, Violet...A Drakon Norvordano. My sole purpose in life is to protect people and I failed...I mean I got kidnapped myself as they used my heart as a weakness.'' SHe muttered into Violet's hair. Listening to all of her words, she understood how right she was and pulled away slightly, frowning. ''You tell me not to blame myself..yet you do the same. You blame yourself for not being able to help. I think if you tried to help, if anyone did, we would've all been killed. Those people...are darkness...pure darkness...'' She shuddered, trying to get the sound of screams out of her mind. ''V-Violet...I'll still be sorry, you know that right and..you can cry if you want to..'' She whispered, holding her friend, no...sister in her arms.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:20 pm

It pained her to see a friend in such distress and Violet buried her face in the older girl’s chest, a few tears escaping her eyes even though they were tightly shut. Once again she got angry with the people who had hurt her family and friends so badly. What right did they have to simply decide to torture innocent people only to get back at someone they didn’t like? Violet had never heard of what a Protector or that other strange name was, but she could easily understand the blame Artemis put on herself, even if it was totally misplaced in her opinion. “I just wish I could have done something to help. I know I wouldn’t have stood a chance against them and that everything would have just got even worse for you, but I still feel that if I would be more powerful than I could have done something.” she admitted her fears that had been haunting her mind for weeks and she knew that she would not be able to rest till she had trained to become stronger, ready to defend herself and the people she cared for.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Black Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 am

Artemis sighed softly, holding Violet's head to her chest and stroked her hair. Se felt the tears slightly damp her shirt and she held onto Violet tighter, gently pressing kisses to the top of her head. She wasn't sure if she was comforting Violet or getting comforted herself but she didn't care. Not anymore. She needed this..They both did. Listening to the young slytherin, she let out a shuddery breath. ''I know...I thought i was strong but they have...a monster on their side.'' She whimpered, clenching her eyes shut. ''They're all monsters...P-Perhaps we train together. We can become stronger...'' Artemis suggested softly.
Artemis Black
Artemis Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:30 am

Somehow, being hugged by the older Slytherin reminded Violet of how her mother always comforted her when she had been upset as a younger child and she was very glad that she had run into Artemis at the time she needed comfort the most. Just talking about her fears made them a little less daunting and she hoped that the other Slytherin felt a little better as well. Violet shuddered at the mention of a monster on the others' side and once again, she thanked Merlin that all of her friends had come out of it alive. The idea of training together made her a little more confident though. This was the one thing that they could do to prevent something like that happening again. Training and becoming stronger. "I would love that. I want to be as prepared as I can for the next time chaos strikes." she said quietly.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down