The Ties That Bind
All Usernames Must Be Your Character's First and Last Name.
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME. ALL NAMES MUST BE FICTIONAL.
About The Page
RPG-D
Distant Fantasies

Top RP Sites

Important links!

- Canon Characters

- Death Report

- Change your name

Informational links:

- Site Plot

- About Schools

Switch Accounts

Twitter
Admins

Moderators

Detention 1. Jocelyn Mia Grimm

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Detention 1. Jocelyn Mia Grimm

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Jocelyn took a seat when Professor Prince called her in, listening to his words about her essay.

"Professor i learned from the mistake, i really do but i don't think i can make any friends here, it is hard for me to make friends, the other first years of my house tell me that i'm a bookworm and i'm only doing homework and nothing else, that i don't belong in Slytherin.." She paused for a couple of seconds, those words were pretty heavy for her, she looked at her hands before she returned to look at the professor with a sad expression.

"Am i being put in the wrong house, i told the sorting hat i wanted to be in Slytherin to make my parents proud but do i belong there? i'm not a cold person who doesn't care about people, if the sorting hat was right why do i feel so bad all the time and can't i do anything good?" Jocelyn didn't notice the tears were formed in her eyes.

"I do work hard and i try to pay attention but it is hard if you not get what you seek for, friendship, love and motivation not from being good at school but also that you're worth living." Jocelyn wiped away her tears and looked at her hands fidgeting with

Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet
Jobs: stay at home mom
Blood Status: Pureblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Elija listend patiently to his student's words, keeping his expression blank though encouraging. He still had to hide an amused smile from time to time, but a chuckle couldn't be helped.
Still, when he noticed how bothered she was by the situation he sighed deeply and thought about what he could say to sooth her worries a bit.
"Miss Grimm..." he began slowly. "You have to excuse my smile, trust me I didn't mean to laugh about you. There are just a few things that might seem horrible to you right now, whereas I believe you will work through them in time." he told her with a small smile. "To the issue about your house. The sorting had knows exactely what. he is doing, trust me. I am sure if he thought you wouldn't belong to Slytherin, then he wouldn't have sorted you there, no matter if you asked for it or not.
My family consists of Ravenclaws and Slytherins only and I know that both houses are closely related. Now you say that the other children call you a bookworm and too studious, which are traits more often found in my house. Nevertheless, Slytherins are not, as you put it, cold and uncaring. They do tend to keep their emotions more in check and pretend not to care, but it's all just a front for most of them and exceptions prove the rule, correct?" he watched her closely to see her reaction.

"I don't know you that well yet, but I know that from the way you behave you do fit in Slytherin as well. You are ambitous and cunning, you only need to show more determination which Slytherins are famous for. Just ignore the other students for now, if you show them that you are proud of your house and of who you are then they will respect you as well." he sighed. "I know it's easier to say then be done, but that's the only way. Do you remember what I told you when we first met? That you need to see this as a chance. You are away from your family here and now you are responsible for what you do."

Her last words were a bit harder to contradict, as he knew of her family and their treatment. "First of all, miss Grimm, everyone is worth living. And so are you. You are a smart young girl that had a lot to cope with at home, but this is no reason to doubt yourself. Friendship will take time, especially seeing that you're in Slytherin whose members are very distrustful and suspicious of others. Maybe you could try to find friends in other houses like Hufflepuff or even my own as they are less prejudiced than Gryffindors for example. And love ... I realize that you probably are lacking that at home, but there is nothing you or I can change about it. You can only try to find love from friends here at Hogwarts." Elija looked at his student with a serious expression on his face.

Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 am

Jocelyn looked at him but shook her head. Those soothing words he said was only to calm her down and that was not going to help her. "You're not honest with me, you think this is funny." Jocelyn stood up and stepped back.
"I don't know what you're planning on doing but it's not going to work, you need a lot more than knowing every dark spells on your list professor, with only the list you will not come far! I thought you actually understood me but you don't.." She paused to breath, tears streamed down her cheeks. "Just don't care about me that is better than to pretend you like me, everyone does." She turned around and walked to the door. She was in big trouble, she betrayed the dark arts families by telling him that. She will be on the death list for sure.
Jocelyn Immorta

House : Slytherin

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 pm

A sigh could not be helped at his student's responds. She obviously comepletely missed his point, but he had to clear this up with her. Realizing that she had indeed seen and identified his list made him a bit tense, but it could not be helped now. Praying for patience he called out to her.
"Come back here, Miss Grimm. I fear you did misunderstand me. Of course I care about you, girl." he said, slight irritation in his voice. "I just don't know how to help you." Elija was feeling quite out of his comfort zone here, but he never had to deal with young children before. "I am being honest with you and I thought by telling you that you are ot the only one with such problems, but that they are common to some extend with many students, would calm you down a bit." He sank back in his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Obviously I was mistaken, I'm sorry Miss Grimm." he said, sounding exhausted.
Elija Prince

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Jocelyn heard the professor's sigh and she stopped when he said she had to come back but coming back meant he could ask her about the dark arts spells and how she did know that, that would be more concerning than having thousands of his detentions. Jocelyn sighed also and turned around, she swished with her wand and her face was cleaned with a handkerchief and she swished to the door and locked it before someone came barging in. Jocelyn walked up to the professor and sat down in front of him again, she looked at him.

"Professor Prince, you can't help me, i received a letter from my parents about this detention and that i lost house points, a lot of them and i know that was my fault but my father doesn't want me back home, he disowned me and my mother doesn't care. My family is not like any other family's, the pureblood family's. Do you know what that means?" She asked him, she realized she couldn't go anywhere, she looked away for a couple of minutes and then turned back.

"Your apology is accepted but i'm not like any other child in Slytherin but you don't have to care anymore because i already took enough of your time and i can hear and see that you're not used to work with problem children like me. About the Dark Arts list i won't tell anyone and if i do then i'll be the one who is going to be killed next so your secret is save with me, i just want to tell you that by some of the dark Arts spells and charms you need to use those spells to protect yourself other powerfull light spells won't do the trick. It's about the Dark Arts, pure evil you cannot mess with it." Jocelyn explained. She learned about the Dark Arts already from a young age because she learned to read and wanted to read more and more books but because they only had the Dark Arts kind of stuff she just read that and became a little bit of an expert. Jocelyn looked at how the Professor reacted on her knowledge of the Dark Arts spells and Charms.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Silently, Elija listened to his student. He was glad she had come back instead of just running out of his office and that she seemed more in charge of her emotions for now.
Hearing that her father had actually disowned her, made him feel a bit relieved to be honest. Although he could understand that it must be hard for the girl to lose her family, in his opinion nothing better could have happened to her.
"Where do you plan on staying during the holidays then?" he asked her. If she had no other relatives, which he thought was rather likely, then she would have to stay at the local orphanage.

When she started talking about his list and the dark arts, he was impressed by the knowledge she displayed, although it also shocked him to see that such a young girl was that acquaintanced with such material.
Sliding his hand through his dark hair, Elija studied the girl in front of him. "I realize that it was wrong of me to compare you to other students..." he stated thoughtfully. "I'm impressed by your vast knowledge Miss Grimm. Nevertheless, I hope you realize how dangerous the dark arts are. You should never use them. Ever." he told her seriously. "The Headmaster of this school might be very openminded to a lot of things. The dark arts are not part of it and he will not tollerate their use. I trust you will keep clear of them." She was still young, but in the company of some of the older students she might try them out which would result in immediate expulsion.
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Jocelyn looked at him and kept herself silence for a couple of minutes, she did told him a lot about the Dark Arts but if he doesn't tell anyone he got the information from a eleven year old girl then everything was fine. Jocelyn hadn't talked about where to stay during the holidays but she wasn't worried about it either but she could not tell the professor that, he would take care she would be staying in an orphanage and that is exactly that she didn't want too.

Jocelyn ignored his question and went straight to the part of her trying them out, she would be crazy to try them out, she had nightmares of them but they still gave her enough excitement to open the book and read more.

"No i would never use them to have fun with it, to be honest i have had nightmares when i read some of the books but also there was excitement to read more about it. I always sat with my father and i told him about it and he was amused but when i got older and he pushed me to try them i stopped reading them and i was getting rebellious against my parents, that was when i was nine years old and i could read when i was six years old. I couldn't find some child books and my parents didn't stop me from reading the Dark Arts books but i'm not going to use it only when they use it on me and i have to protect myself." Jocelyn looked at the professor suspiciously.

"I could tell you more but you have to promise me that you don't say anything to anyone, if you want to tell about me tell me that i have a talent for Charms. If someone knows about me telling you this i will get executed in front of your eyes or the other way around and i don't want to see that, i have enough seen in my life and i'm only eleven years old." Jocelyn waited for his reactions and she hoped he would promise not to do something stupid with the information he received through her.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Sighing, slightly annoyed that she skipped over his question in such a fashion, Elija glowered at his student. She knew exactely what she was doing and in typical Slytherin fashion, she just ignored his request to know about where she would be staying over the break.

He shook his head, but decided to hear his student out for now. What she told him, made it even clearer to him that she would be far better off without her parents. The only thing he wondered about was what would happen to her younger brother, now that he was alone with his parents. That brought back the thought of his own nephew and his difficult homelife.
Forcefully, Elija pulled himself from his thoughts to watch his student. "I have to say that I'm glad to hear that those books frightened you. They should, as they hold the darkest of material known to our world and even adult wizards fear the dark arts. Still, I would much rather hear you say, instead of just not using them, that you will not continue studying them either." he told her seriously. "You said there was an excitement to read about them, but exactely that is the problem. The Dark Arts are like a drug, addictive and destructive and a young woman like you should not even read about them."

He watched for her reaction, as he already knew that she didn't react well to being told what to do. Nevertheless, it was his duty to warn her. "I will not tell anyone about your knowledge, rest assured. I have studied the Dark Arts myself since longer than you have been alive, but I am an adult and you are a child and should stay away from these things. As you don't have to stay with your parents anymore there is no reason to continue studying them. So I don't want to see you reading any of such books any longer, is that clear?" his dark eyes bored into hers.
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Jocelyn observed the professor for awhile and let him speak, she sighed as he warned her over and over again, she was annoyed by him. Jocelyn stood up but stopped and looked at him.

"Like i said i stopped reading them when my father forced me to use it and i didn't want it so since i was nine i haven't been reading them and i never used them because i didn't want too. This is what i mean that people don't listen to me and about what i say!" She walked away from his desk but stopped again and turned around to look at him again.

"Don't worry my little brother is safe without me in the house, he is an animagus, he is the pride of the family when i refused to use the Dark Arts, when they were angry he just turns into a little mouse and keep hidden until they are not angry anymore. Good evening Professor Prince." Jocelyn said to him.
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elija Prince on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Shaking his head, Elija realized that he was not getting anyhwere with the girl tonight, so he nodded at her and bid her goodnight. "Very well. I will trust your words for now. I will just ask you to stay out of trouble so we won't have to repeat such a detentin again. Goodnight, Miss Grimm." he said and rubbed his head slightly, he could already feel a headache forming behind his eyes. Children were so dificult to understand sometimes, but he would have to get used to it, especially as he was a head of house.

Closing his eyes, he thanked Merlin that his own students seemed to have no such problems so far. A slight mercy was better than none, he thought. A groan slipped out as he tought about the meeting he would have later tonight, order business of course, but hopefully it would at least give them an advantage over the death eaters and the Dark Lord.
Elija Prince

Character sheet
Jobs:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2